Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hero by Firebird Phoenix
Chapter XI
 
 
 
Lita and the boys sat anxiously waiting for the Jade Emperor to read his ruling, the seconds passed by like minutes and the minutes like hours, Ken'ichi on the other hand didn't look worried at all, he was sure of himself, in his mind he was going to win and Lita would be left crying unable to do anything about the changes he will make.
"I have heard all arguments and it is obvious to me that Shadow Earth needs a guardian to the highest degree, but now I choose who shall rain over Shadow Earth, although you are both equally qualified I must choose who would bring an ever lasting peace and who would be best to deal with the Youma attacks. King Ken'ichi you have strength, power and experience as King. Princess Makoto, you are strong, have great power, and have experience dealing with Youma's, but I reflected on the age old proverb, with age comes wisdom, and so I must choose who has been trained in ruling a world, let it be known through out the universe that the Guardian of Shadow Earth is now and shall forever be....... Princess Makoto!" banging his mallet the Jade Emperor made his ruling official. Tears of joy fell down the guardians face spinning on her heels Lita hugged Hiero.
"We did it Hiero, we did it!" Lita cried
"NO!" bellowed Ken'ichi slamming his fists on the table, his eyes burned with fire that matched his face.
"She can not be named guardian!" yelled Ken'ichi
"Oh but she can, King Ken'ichi and has, Come forth Guardian" Said the wise Emperor, Lita approached the Jade Emperor.
"I the Jade Emperor name you Guardian of Shadow Earth and let it be known that among your many other names you shall also be known as Sailor Shadow Dragon, guardian of Shadow Earth." Just as the emperor finished his speech Lita was hit by a large blinding bolt of lighting when the light faded there stood Lita in an Eternal inform, knee high white boots with a outlined gold Japanese dragon circled each boot and a small dragon insignia at the top, her three layered forest green, leaf green and light green skirts had the same gold dragon encircling them all, her longer back bow was a transparent green with two forest green ribbons, her front bow was transparent, her hair tie was now two emeralds, her necklace now had a gold trim around it.
"Your Honor?" asked Ken'ichi
"What is it now?" asked the annoyed Emperor
"I asked for possession of the Gundam Pilots souls." Said Ken'ichi, the entire courtroom gasped
"But they are alive, how can you ask that?" questioned the governor
"Each one of the boys is guilty horrible crimes I demand that right." Said Ken'ichi
"Hum, once that act has been issued the souls in question must be name to a higher being and sense King Ken'ichi in the only one asking it, I am forced to grant him possession of the boy's souls." Said the Jade Emperor just as the Emperor was going to bang in mallet.
"I ask for possession of the boys souls as well." said Lita, the Jade Emperor stopped his mallet and placed in down.
"Very well tomorrow, we shall decide the owner the pilot's souls." The Jade Emperor exited his court room and Ken'ichi left in quite a huff, but Lita stood silent Lily gently tapped Lita on her shoulder turning to face her.
"What have I done Lily?" Lita chocked out Lily put her arm around Lita's shoulders,
"What you had too Lita, what you did was best you know that you don't have the time to pout over your decision you need a plain, you could play the kindness card again and see if it works, I mean look at Hiero before he met you he was lifeless and in the little time he spent with you has made him into a whole new person I'm sure the Jade Emperor will take that into account." Lita smiled at Lily she did stand a good chance of wining but the boys have led such violent lives the emperor might choose the strict master instead of her. The boys had returned to the house, Duo of course protested but Lily told him it was best to leave Lita alone at this time, Lita returned to the house shortly after and plucked herself down in a chair, rested her elbow on the arm and her forehead in her hand.
"Lita what did Ken'ichi ask for?" asked Duo who cautiously approached her, all of the boys were there Quatre and Trowa sat in chairs against the side wall Wufei was leaning on the doorway siding and Hiero was standing in a shadowy corner like is usually did, sighing Lita began to explain.
"Ken'ichi has asked the Emperor; too basically give him your souls so he may own them forever."
"Can he do that?" asked Duo who was overwhelmed by these turn of events
"Sadly yes, when a human(s) has led a bad life like killing a lot of people, when that human dies a higher being can set claim on the soul." Said Lita
"But were not dead yet." Said Quatre
"True, but all of you committed these crimes at such a young age, because of that Ken'ichi can claim your souls before you die."
"What will happen if Ken'ichi wins?" asked Hiero his face half hidden by shadow
"He will own all of you for eternity." Lita whispered, Duo slammed his fist into a wall nearly punching a hole threw it.
"Is there anyway we would end up not being property of someone." Asked Duo annoyed and angry
"No, only if I could prove you never did those crimes you are accused of." Lita hadn't looked any of them in the eye sense this conversation first began
"That's it, were screwed" Said Duo flopping down into a chair
"You asked for our souls too, right?" asked Wufei
"That's right."
"If Ken'ichi wins; what will he do with us?" asked Duo his eyes hidden by his bangs
"Most likely force you to fight for his cause to conquer the world, five good fighters joining his cause he will jump with joy... Wait a minuet that's it!" exclaimed Lita
"What's it?" asked Duo
"I can use his battle back on Jupiter to win this, what he did was vary unworthy of honor, honor is of great importance here and too attack another planet in a truce is cowardly and if he's that he can't own souls."
"That is a smart plain Lita; you know Ken'ichi is going to use what happened on Jupiter against you." Said Lily who had just entered the room
"Yea I know, but I'm going to bed it's going to be a long day tomorrow." Lita bid everyone a good night then headed off to sleep
"What happened on Jupiter?" asked Duo
"Now that is Lita's tale to tell." Lily went to sleep
"What could have happened that might cost Lita the fight?" asked Duo
"Something bad, or else she wouldn't be worried about it so much." Answered Hiero, it didn't take long for the long day to take its toll. The next morning Lita and the boys sat in the court room waiting for the trail to start.
"The trial for the Gundam Pilots souls shall now commence. King Ken'ichi shall speak first." Announced the governor
"Thank you governor, Your Honor these boys are soldiers merciless killers willing to take innocent lives to complete their mission be it a five year old child or an entire colony. These boys don't even know the meaning of the word remorse, these boys don't need kindness or whatever Princess Makoto would offer them, they need discipline and punishment for their crimes, they will never change they have gone to far to come back; would you give these criminals to a traitor to her people and king? I wouldn't how are we to know she wouldn't turn to evil and use these boys to execute her wicked plains. Princess Makoto betrayed her people before and she would do it again in a heartbeat to prove her point. In closing your Honor do not entrust these souls in the hands of a traitor." Ken'ichi sat back down with Lita glaring daggers in his back, calming herself she prepared for her speech.
"Your Honor, King Ken'ichi has accused me of many things, calling me an untrustworthy and a traitor, but if anyone was a traitor to Jupiter it's him. During his so called quest to rule the galaxy our people starved, he demanded