Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry about the long wait when no one reviewed I thought no one was reading my book, but as they say the show must go on.
 
 
 
Hero
By
Firebird Phoenix
Chapter XVII
 
 
 
Hiero and Duo ran to the safe house, none of the cars Lita and Lily owned wouldn't start, Hiero wasn't willing to waist time and took off, Duo soon followed suit. Hiero kept an eye on the attacking Youma, they were more interested in the general population then them, plus with Ken'ichi owning their the Youma's had no reason to attack the Gundam pilots as they past threw the business district, the safe house lay just shortly beyond it.
 
Hiero seen the residential area district the safe house was located in; his mind was set on getting his Gundam and fighting Ken'ichi, he might be able to do some damage before Ken'ichi force him to stop.
 
Suddenly Hiero felt on strange pulsing power pass threw him; he stopped, as the power seemed to envelope everything around him. Hiero stood by helpless, as everything grew blurry and faded away; old decrepit buildings replaced some buildings as the others faded out of existence. Huts would be the appropriate word for them, made from mud and straw, ragged sheets hung in the windows, and feeble sheets of wood for doors with a single candle for light.
 
He watched as Duo began to blur and change, his signature priest outfit changed into rags, tattered pants and shirt adorned Duo's poor bruised and welt covered body, his long braid grew tangled, and his eyes that held so much mischief, dulled and grew sorrowful, even his goofy grin faded into a painful frown. Not even Hiero was spared from this change, his spandex pants and tank top were replaced with the same kind of tattered rags Duo wore, and both he and Duo wore thin cold uncomfortable cloth shoes. He could feel the painful bruises form over his body; it stung as old and fresh welts formed over all of his body. As everything returned to normal Hiero looked around in confusion, the cement road was nothing but dirt. There were two hundred huts in all, surrounded by a stone wall with only one exit guarded by two heavily armed, armor clad guards. They wore a silver breastplate over top of a dark green tunic, matched with black pants and boots, they wore a helmet with the Jupiter insignia molding into it.
 
A half a mile from the village was an elegant village filled with elaborate more modern buildings, they shown like stars compared to the dark city Hiero resided in. Sitting high above the town on a small mountain was an enormous black castle; Hiero knew immediately it belonged to Ken'ichi. It was larger its malevolent black towers stretched into the sky as if to blanket the town in its dark shadow. Hiero noticed that even though it was daytime, dark clouds blocked out the sun letting minimal light threw, which was odd because everything was still green and flourished though seemed darker and less vibrant.
 
“You alright Hiero, you just started starring into space?” asked Duo, Hiero looked back at him confused, he noticed that everyone treated this as if it was normal daily life.
 
`I must be the only one that Ken'ichi's spell didn't affect. That's what Lita meant when she told I'd need the Jupiter Emerald soon enough, she knew this was going to happen and gave me her Emerald so I would remember and can fix this.' Thought Hiero, he knew he had to figure out how long Ken'ichi had been here, he must have done something for him to change the world so drastically.
 
“How long as it been Duo?” asked Hiero
 
“Huh, what do you mean man?” asked Duo
 
“I mean how long as it been like this?” Hiero answered, Duo sighed deeply and looked up at the malevolent Black Castle.
 
“Operation Meteor had barely gotten if its legs when the castle and those monster appeared, Oz thought it was the colonies and the colonies thought it was Oz; both sides tried to infiltrate the castle but no one was successful there appeared to be no way in. For a while nothing happened, but small things started happening, first a strange electrical pulse emanated from the castle, all of earth defenses crashed, the colonies defenses were next, then any kind of machine travel was affected. After we were left defenseless the monsters attacked controlled by two people and old man Ken'ichi, and his daughter Makoto…”
 
“Did you say her name was Makoto?” Hiero asked in disbelief, he couldn't believe his sweet Lita was doing such terrible things.
 
“Yeah, she rides around on a black dragon Ryuu,” explained Duo, “Those two somehow transformed billions of people; awaking some kind of doormat alien heritage as they called it, turning them into people like them. Aliens, these people gained superhuman abilities, gaining control of the elements themselves. The rest of us were rounded up and were forced into slavery.” Duo explained with a burning hatred seeping into his voice, he glared up at the castle as if to burn it down by his gaze.
 
“We were so stupid, we fought and killed each other only to be forced into submission by some damn alien race.” Spat Duo,
 
“Where are the others, why haven't we tried to assassinate them?” asked Hiero
 
“They must have hit over the head hard today buddy; all of us tried but none of us pilots can even try and hurt him, because he owns our souls or something stupid like that.” Growled Duo,
 
`So even here, the Jade Emperors ruling is still in affect. That's why Lita gave me her Emerald, because it's the last place Ken'ichi would look for it.' Thought Hiero, he smiled to himself he knew how to defeat Ken'ichi, all of Ken'ichi's plains rested with Lita turning evil if Lita were to be returned to the good side then Lita could reclaim her Emerald and destroy Ken'ichi once and for all.
 
“Duo I'm going to stop this.” Duo looked at his best friend as if just lost his mind,
 
“I think you've spent too much time in the sun man, it's fried your brain. Besides no one can defeat Ken'ichi he's too powerful.” Joked Duo, Hiero was the last to submit to Ken'ichi's rule and resisted whenever possible.
 
“I have to try; Lita is in that castle even if Ken'ichi convicted her she's someone she's not I have to try Tyrus.” Hiero ran off toward an unguarded section of the wall, leaving Duo behind blinking like an idiot,
 
“Huh, but how… Hey Hiero wait up.” Called Duo running after his friend, the two former pilots climbed the stone wall effortlessly, with the two guards upfront there was only maybe eight guards patrolling the area, which told Hiero humanity has lost its hope for freedom; freedom, its what started the war in the first place, the colonies wanted to be separate from earths control they wanted their freedom. And now with an enemy that has stolen the freedom of both earth and the colonies is being accepted, Hiero couldn't imagine why the colonies would fight so tirelessly for freedom but submit to an alien invaders rule.
 
*~~~*
 
Makoto walked threw an empty park, the empty swing set swung as if spirits of children were playing on them; the dark clouds cast an eerie shade of gray over the park. Makoto wore her Princess Dress from Jupiter; only it was a dark green gown flowed with her movements like she was born to ware the dress, Black roses decorated the skirt. She walked threw the park with an odd sense of recognition.
 
“You're it Tyrus.” Makoto turned to the echo behind her but no one was behind her, it was a little girl's voice that sounded distant but so close. She made her way to a large fountain, it wasn't working but water settled in the basin of the fountain, Makoto looked into the gray water at her reflection; a harsh breeze around her caused the calm watched to wave and splash against the walls of its confinement. Makoto starred deeply into the face of her reflection it looked like her, she knew it was her face, but she didn't recognize herself, Makoto felt like she was looking into the face of another woman.
 
“Leave my sister alone she's not a freak.” Said another echo in the voice of a young boy, Makoto turned foolishly expecting the persons own the voice to be standing behind her.
 
“Are you ok Lita?” This was driving Makoto mad, why was she hearing these echoes of children probably long sense dead.
 
“I'm fine Tyrus,”
 
“Lita, don't call me that, it's Duo.”
 
“You may be Duo to everyone else, but to me you'll always be Tyrus.” Makoto didn't expect to find a body with the echoes that have been haunting her but she watched in amazement as two small transparent children ran past her, she watched them run and disappear. They were replaced by two older people, a woman whose face she couldn't make out and a tall boy with messy hair. Makoto could see the couple's mouths move but no sound came out, the woman started crying, and the man cupped the side of her face in his hand, the woman leaned into his embrace, she looked up at the man and slowly leaned in and kissed him. A sudden warm feeling enveloped Makoto, the scene felt so familiar; it felt comfortable, right, she starred at the man she knew she'd never met him but she longed to feel his embrace, taste his lips on hers. Makoto felt the hot blush flush her face as she pushed the feelings out of her mind, but her heart and soul wouldn't stop drifting back to that wonderful moment when she saw whatever she saw out there. She was pulled from her wonderful dream world when she heard two people coming her way.
 
Makoto almost lost her balance when she saw the two men clear the brush line, one hand a long braid he looked like the boy Makoto saw in her visions a few minuets ago, and a boy with messy brown hair, it was the boy kissing that woman, Makoto almost called out to him but stopped herself blushing lightly she let the two men run into the opposite tree line completely unawake she saw them.
 
She knew the two were slaves and if anyone caught them out after their curfew they would be severely punish unless they had written permission. Makoto couldn't explain the feelings she felt toward those two, who she was certain she'd never met but she wanted to protect them.
 
“Ryuu,” A dark dragon appeared out of thin air next to Makoto, Ryuu held out a large hand for his, climbing up Ryuu put Makoto on the hand of his head, and flew high into the black clouds.
 
“I want you to follow those slaves Ryuu; the dragon flew off and followed the two humans staying just bellow the clouds, his dark scales blended perfectly with the storm cloud. Makoto watched them with curious fascination, she watched as they scaled the city walls, and effortlessly broke into the Palace.
 
Makoto stayed hidden in the clouds, she knew she should tell the guards of the slaves braking into the Palace but she couldn't get past the overwhelming urge to protect them, watching the boy with the messy hair made her heart rush, and stir feelings she didn't think she could understand. After letting them get a good head start, Makoto ordered Ryuu to land, once she was off he headed back into the sky, she looked back at him expecting to feel something as he left, this distance she felt didn't feel right, nothing here felt right, it felt like a distorted reflection of something much better.
 
Makoto followed the humans shortly after leaving Ryuu, she walked threw the dark corridors, the high arched ceilings, black marble walls and mounted heads of game her father and Seth hunted. She pasted the door to the Library; she noticed a light from under the door, she placed her hand on the door handle taking a deep breath she slowly pushed the door, she found nothing but a single open book on the counter and a burning candle. Makoto slowly entered the room taking note of everything around her; she looked over the open book it was a data log book detailing the events before her father arrived here. It read quite strangely, everything was detailed to the smallest point then after a curtain date everything stops like someone stopped it. Makoto's father had told her that her family had always ruled earth that it had always been the way it is now, but this book said otherwise, that things were quite different before, that Humans were free once.
 
Makoto closed her eyes and slid her finger tips over the words, her eyes shot open suddenly and small bolt of electricity shot up threw her finger tips, Makoto stood frozen being electrocuted by a book, and as quickly as it started Makoto gasped and stumbled back holding her warm hand, she stared at the book, everything was clear now, like a fog was lifted from her mind. She turned on her heels was headed down the hall quickly starting to run, this was right, this was an illocution caused by her father, he kidnapped her and altered her memories forcing her to forget about everything, Ryuu, Lily, Tyrus, and most of all Hiero, her true love. Makoto broke into a run her dark green dressed blurred and changed into her Sailor Suit, slowly everything around her blurred and started to disappear until the only thing left was a door and the end.
 
Sailor Shadow Dragon burst threw the door, Kenichi stood in the dark empty room holding a green and blue crystal's attached to gold chains, and Hiero and Tyrus were on their knees gasping for air.
 
“Makoto I'm glad you came I was just showing these slaves their place in the world.” Said Ken'ichi, he hadn't noticed Lita wore the Shadow Dragon suit, he merely thought she was Sailor Jupiter.
 
“I won't let you get away with want you've done Ken'ichi.” Ken'ichi looked up at Lita, his twisted smiled scowled, the room disappeared and was replaced by a barren flat land, a large storm raged above them black lightning stretch across the sky.
 
“If you want to appose me fine, I shall build my new kingdom over your grave.”
 
“That's not going to happen,” Ken'ichi smiled smugly at Lita,
 
“You don't have the Jupiter's Emerald and this is my Shadow World, a world were all my dreams reign supreme. Your pathetic Powers alone can't defeat me here.” Ken'ichi held hands to the sky and bolts of black lightning collected in the palms of his hands.
 
“That's where you're wrong Ken'ichi I have my Jupiter's Emerald.” Hiero now realized why Lita have him her Brooch because she knew he would look for her, and when she recovered her memory and fought Ken'ichi she'd need it to defeat him and who would suspect a man whose soul is owned my Ken'ichi to hold the key to his destruction.
 
“Lita,” Hiero threw her brooch, Lita caught the brooch she closed her eyes and held the brooch above her head, releasing the power of the Emerald, a soft green surge of power exploded from the Emerald as Ken'ichi threw the black lighting.
 
Lita stood strong against Ken'ichi, as slowly he was pushed back by the power of the black lighting, Ken'ichi smiled darkly.
 
“You're too weak Makoto, I've been draining your energy with your memories, and you don't have the strength to withstand my power for much longer, surrender while you still can.” Gloated Ken'ichi, Lita closed her eyes exhausted, she opened them and looked over at Hiero and Duo, they were keeled over, being painfully tortured by the Black Lighting and Ken'ichi was drawing Energy from them to fight her. Lita glared back at Ken'ichi she won't let this happen she has to stop this, they won't die, and they can't not so shortly after she found them. Tyrus, she gave up her childhood with him to fight evil, and Hiero the love of her life, the only man she's ever truly been herself with.
 
Lita closed her eyes and looked deep with her soul to find the power she needs to stop him, she reminded herself that if she fails the Earth is lost, and Hiero and Tyrus will never gain their souls back. Suddenly the soft green light emanated from Lita's Emerald grew, quickly overtaking Ken'ichi's black lighting.
 
“This can't be possible,” screamed Ken'ichi, as he too was taken over by the light, and disintegrated, purified from the evil polluting his soul. The Light consumed everything, the warm, kindness of the light enveloped Hiero and Tyrus tears fell from their eyes as the demons of their souls were finally put at rest. As the light faded the city returned to normal, like nothing every happened. Lita, Hiero and Duo stood in the abandoned street as the sun rose on a clear beautifully clear day. Just down the street, Seth stood staring into the sky crying he looked over and smiled at Lita, he mouth an thank you. Lily appeared behind Seth and extended her hand for him to take, slowly Seth took Lily's and they walked away disappearing. A soft breeze blew past Lita carrying a whisper along with it.
 
“Thank you My Lady.” It was Seth's voice, Lily had taken him to heaven were he can finely live free, broken from Ken'ichi's spell. Te Morning rays sparked the five crystals holding the pilots souls, with the sun the souls were released from their prison returned to their rightful owners. The Jade Emperor must have chosen to pardon the pilots for helping her. Everything was as it should be now, Lita changed back, suddenly rapped in Duo's warm arms.
 
“It's over Tyrus, Ken'ichi is dead, and the earth is safe now.”
 
“You're not going to leave then?” asked Duo, Lita smiled he should have known to the answer to that by now.
 
“I'm never going to leave Duo.”
 
“Lita?” Duo let go of his sister and stepped aside for Hiero. Hiero didn't speak; instead he kissed her, something he's wanted to do for a very long time. But this was more then a simple kiss between lovers, this symbolized and Hiero and Lita will never be apart again, he will protect and stay by her until the day he dies.
 
High above in the clouds, Ryuu back to his normal self smiled down at the people below him, taking one last look Ryuu flew off to the Land of Dragons to report the good news. His duty now fulfilled until Evil threatened this world, or anyone endangered and his Princess.
 
And under the watchful eyes Sailor Dragon Jupiter, Shadow Earth, and the Colonies rang in a new age of peace and prosperity. Never again to be conquered by evil.
 
Lita and Hiero were soon married, settling down in Lita's home, with twin girls Eden and Isabelle, and their younger brother Ayden, Uncle Tyrus is a common visitor. As for the Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre they continued to help watch over Shadow Earth, Wufei journeyed into the mountains to better train, Trowa went back to the circus, and Quatre used his families money to help rebuild the colonies, and the destruction he helped cause.
 
 
The End.
 
I don't know what to do with it and sense no one reviewed I figured no one cared about it but I wanted to finish it so here it is, I hope you like the ending I'm happy with it please review.