Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Hero
By
Firebird Phoenix
Chapter XVI
 
 
 
 
 
Lily, Ryuu, Hiero, and Duo flew over the dark city, the malevolent castle cast an unholy shadow over the once bright peaceful city, bringing with it dark clouds blackening the sky and blocking the suns warmth, with every passing moment Lily grew paler, looking more exhausted.
 
“Hey Lily, How are you doing?” asked Ryuu, his long neck allowing him to look back a Lily, she smiled up at him with a brave smile, but the look in her eyes told different, clear worry filled her eyes and Ryuu could suspect what it was.
 
“Ryuu tell me, before Lita's emotions became almost nonexistent what was she feeling?” asked Lily, Ryuu sighed deeply
 
“She felt alone, cold, hurt, lost, I think she was…” Ryuu couldn't finish the sentence his voice broke as he spoke it.
 
“What are you talking about, is Lita dead… Answer me damn it!” demanded Duo, the reluctant Lily and Ryuu merely looked away from Duo unable to answer or face his question.
 
“Lita…” gasped Ryuu, his eyes shot open with surprise he looked toward a park on the opposite edge of town,
 
“Ryuu what is it?” asked Lily
 
“I can sense Lita, it's faint and weak but I can still sense her.” Before anyone even had to ask Ryuu flew toward the park at jet speeds, he landed in the abandoned park a paper blew helplessly in the wind, Ryuu suspiciously looked around the park tilting his head into the sky slightly his large nostrils sniffing the air for any scent of the enemy, Ryuu growled slightly he didn't like this, there was no scent of Lita or the enemy but he knew she was here he could sense her presence.
 
“Everyone split up Lita is here somewhere.” Ordered Ryuu, Duo contemplated refusing but the anger and power in Ryuu's voice made him quickly change his mind, Ryuu went threw the park lifting everything that might hide a wounded Lita, including the heavy jungle gym for the kids, Hiero closed his eyes sighing, the emptiness caused by Lita's capture ate away at Hiero, he felt non existent with out her by his side, a slight wind blew past Hiero carrying with it the sent of roses, Hiero's eyes snapped open he didn't bother telling anyone what had happened he just took off following the vague scent, he followed the scent threw an over grown trail, finely after following the trail for what seemed like forever Hiero came upon a small pond, standing over the pond looking into her reflection was Lita, Hiero cautiously approached Lita afraid to touch her, petrified she would be a figment of his imagination and vanish.
 
“Lita…” Hiero chocked out tears blurring his vision, his soul breaking, Lita looked over at Hiero and smiled, her eyes were so sad on the edge of crying; Hiero walked over to her and reached out to touch her but pulled back looking away, Lita looked at him curiously and hurt slightly; Lita reached out and held his hand, Hiero looked up at Lita.
 
“I'm glad you came, I was worried I wouldn't be able to hold out long enough, before…” Lita couldn't finish her sad tone was sad matching her eyes small tears escaped her eyes.
 
“Hiero I need you to do something for me?” Lita eyes begged Hiero to accept, out of the few things that terrified Hiero that simple sentence horrified him the most, so much pain and sadness came from that those words, Hiero pushed his fear down into the pit of his stomach and halfheartedly accepted her request. Lita opened his palm and took the Jupiter brooch out of her placing it in his hands she closed his fingers over it.
 
“Lita I don't understand?” Hiero asked confused, he suspected she was going to ask him to kill her or someone like all the other requests following that frightful sentence.
 
“I need you to hold this for me.”
 
“Your brooch,” said Hiero half shocked that she didn't ask what he expected though Hiero did really know what her brooch really held; he only knew it was very important and powerful.
 
“The Power inside this brooch is quite strong; if Ken'ichi controls it he will be unstoppable.” Hiero looked at the brooch amazed that something so small could be so powerful
 
“Don't you need it?” Hiero asked, Lita smiled sadly
 
“You're going to need more then me soon enough.” Hiero stepped back shocked and confused
 
“No Lita, you need this to fight Ken'ichi don't give in to him please.” Hiero begged Lita; she smiled sadly tears falling from her eyes
 
“I can't fight him much longer Hiero…Oh…” Lita's strength gave way Hiero caught her before she fell; she looked up at him smiling a weak smile.
 
“Please Hiero do this for me, and don't give it to anyone, you're going…” a thorny vine reached out of this air rapping around Lita's chest and quickly pulled her back in, vanishing into an invisible portal, Hiero tried to jump after her but only seemed to fall into the pond, Hiero didn't try to get out of the cool water or even bother with the frog sitting on top of his head, he grasped the brooch Lita had given him as if it would vanish at any moment.
 
`It was real, Lita was really here, somehow she managed to escape and come here, but that makes no sense why didn't she just go to the house?' thought Hiero, suddenly the frog jumped off his head and he sneezed.
 
“Hiero this is no time for a swim.” Said Duo annoyed, the perplexed and annoyed look on his face was unmistakable
 
“I wasn't swimming Duo,” replayed Hiero coolly
 
“Then what were you doing in a pond with a frog on your head?” questioned Duo, Hiero walked past Duo ignoring his question, hiding the brooch with his gun promising himself he will never left anyone have it.
 
As Duo and Hiero met up with the rest of the group in that short amount of time Lily had grown ghostly pale, she and Ryuu were in the middle of a conversation.
 
“Lily you have to go to heaven's court, with Ken'ichi's evil smothering the earth it's killing you; you've done what you can, now go I'll get Lita back.” Lily looked up at Ryuu and smiled,
 
“Ok Ryuu, I know I can't stay here much longer with Ken'ichi's evil over the earth like it is, thank you Ryuu, good luck and bring Lita home.” Smiled Lily waving, a mixture of rose petals and ivy leaves circled around Lily and she was gone you could feel her departure, the earth felt different empty colder. Hiero looked at Ryuu though nothing had changed in his appearance or attitude he could explain it but something was different about him, threw the entire trip back to Lita's home Hiero could shake the feeling that Ryuu had changed, or the feeling that with Lily gone they were lambs to the slaughter.
 
Hiero had contemplated telling Ryuu about what happened at the pond with Lita but something told him not to trust Ryuu or Duo about that matter, Hiero hoped it was his soldier programming making him think this way but something in the pit of his stomach told him that wasn't true.
 
`Why would Lita give me something so powerful, she knows Ken'ichi owns my soul isn't giving it to me like giving it to Ken'ichi?' wondered Hiero to himself, Ryuu landed in front of Lita's door, oddly neither of them seemed extremely worried about Lita or the massive black castle that appeared over night.
 
`Did Lita give this to me because she knew I would give it to Ken'ichi?' wondered Hiero, his mind a muddle of questions and confusion
 
`Lita gave it to you because she knew you would be the only one who could resist Ken'ichi's control when it came down to it to the most important thing she chose to trust you. Let you mind rest easy Hiero and believe in Lita's faith in you.' Said an innocent voice in the back of his mind, the voice sounded so familiar yet strange like the voice of a distance long forgotten friend; Hiero didn't fight the voice in his mind something he wasn't use to, Hiero expected he would naturally fight the voice, resist its advice but this time he didn't and the most content peaceful feeling overwhelmed Hiero, feelings he couldn't remember that last time he experienced. Hiero walked inside following the others Duo was in the living room watching the news he wasn't too concerned with it, it was just a report on the castle that is until the reporter said something that caught his attention.
 
“Ever sense the appearance of this Castle all of the colonies have been unreachable, as well space travel has been impossible all of the space shuttles and military bases have all suffered strange electrical surges immobilizing all of earth's weaponry and travel, though communications on earth remain intact.” Explained the woman reporter her short blonde curly hair and red suit, Duo shut the TV off shortly after the broadcast, he ran his hand threw his hair,
 
“Man what is Ken'ichi up to?” asked Duo aloud, Ryuu was starring out a window in the living room completely ignoring Duo. Suddenly an earthquake shook the city when the earthquake died down Hiero ran outside he stared at the black castle waiting for something to happen and he didn't have to wait long a massive army of Youma flew out of the castle attacking everything.
 
End Chapter
 
Well what do you think? What has Ken'ichi done to Lita and why did she give the Jupiter's emerald to Hiero how could he use it? Read my next chapter to find out…