Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Uragirimono ❯ Chapter 1 - Search for the Shikon no Tama ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Uragirimono
 
Notes: I was just bored one day so I sat down and started writing. I have no intention for this piece. I don't even know why I'm writing it when I have so much still unfinished. I guess I just need a break so I can sit down and get some fresh ideas into my head. I'll go back some day and re-watch some anime and finish some of my ficcies, but I really don't know when. I'm tired of writing the same old cliche fics and I just wanna have a lil fun again. Anyway, this'll be a Sailor Moon, Inuyasha ficcy (since that anime rox^^ I finally got to see it, fansub of course ~.^). Anyway, I really don't want to make this a romance, but if it takes that turn *shrugs* gomen. Well, that's all I'm gonna ramble on about for now. Please review or email me at pokahydee@mysticallegends.com. Also, check out my fanfiction contest on my site http://www.mysticallegends.com. There is currently no deadline until I receive more entrees. If this is good enough, maybe I'll enter it in that contest I'm a judge of *thinks and shrugs*
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Inuyasha, they are owned by other people with alot more money than me *sniffle* The story belongs to me, though, steal and you'll have a hoard of hungry muses on your ass ready to beat the living crap outa ya and drag your beaten bloody carcass back to their master Naraku who will eat every last bite of you :P (^^; that was kinda violent ne? *blushes*)
 
Thoughts are 'italicized'
Dream Sequences are 'italicized' (thoughts in dreams aren't)
**** Change of scene, time, etc…
 
Chapter 1 - Search for the Shikon no Tama
 
Usagi screamed at the top of her lungs and ran to grab a towel. By this point, the window had opened and the golden-eyed boy jumped into the room and rushed at her with his hand raised. He knocked her down to the ground and put one hand over her mouth with his other raised above his head. Usagi whimpered and struggled under his weight.
 
"Where is the Shikon no Tama?!?" He demanded in a low growl. Usagi only whimpered in response as tears dripped from here eyes.
 
"Usagi-chan!! What's wrong?!?" A female voice called as footsteps sounded down the hallway outside of the room. It was Kagome. Usagi bit down hard into the hand that was held over her mouth when he was distracted. She then kneed him hard in the groin area and shoved him off of her. She grabbed a robe and headed for the door. As she grabbed the door handle, she felt a hand on her ankle and fell hard on her face. She groaned quietly and tried to catch her breath.
 
"Run Kagome..." Usagi murmured as she felt herself being lifted up. She watched in her dazed state as the door burst open but Kagome was getting smaller... then Usagi was cold and wet...
 
****
 
He had just been sitting in a tree trying to figure out an angle to approach his mission when she appeared. It was a blond girl, he had no interest in her... until he saw what she did. A girl with dark hair, obviously the human's friend, had fallen and cut herself. The scent of the blood had sent a chill of anticipation up his spine. He would have gladly jumped down there and eaten the girl had it not been such a public area. Then the blond human somehow made the wound heal. That's when he knew that she had the Shikon no Tama. How else would she be able to heal the dark-haired one so easily? It made perfect sense. He hadn't meant to make such a scene in that house, though. Why had she gotten so upset? He quirked his head to the side as he looked at the blond girl. She was wearing a white robe and her hair was spread out around her and looked like a halo. He poked her gingerly to see if he could get a reaction. Once he had the Shikon no Tama, he would kill her, of course. Her blood smelled good, his mouth watered at the scent. In the squabble, she had been hurt and since then he had to force himself to wait until he had the tama before he ate her. He was so hungry, though. He nearly jumped when he heard a groan. Then his eyes narrowed and a smirk played across his lips.
 
"Wake up!" He demanded as he lifted the girl up and held her against the cold stone. The rain still poured down and leaked into the underground cave in a waterfall. She groaned again and opened one eye to look at him. "Where is it?!?" He demanded as he tightened his grip on her throat.
 
"N... nani?" She questioned as she raised her hands to attempt to pry his hands off. "Where is what?" She managed to squeak out of her blocked off windpipes.
 
"The Shikon no Tama, baka!!" He growled and bared his teeth. Usagi swallowed hard and bit back tears.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about.." She whimpered as tears stung her eyes.
 
"Don't play dumb with me!!" He snarled as his grip tightened. Usagi winced in pain and gasped for air. She could no longer speak and only choked and sputtered. He growled once more and dropped her to the ground. Usagi's hands went straight to her throat as she gasped and sputtered while she pulled air into her aching lungs. He sat across from her and crossed his arms over his chest with a deep scowl on his face. "Where is it?!" He growled as his fangs glimmered in the faint moonlight that filtered into the cave. Usagi could hear the rhythmic patter of the rain on the stones above her head and suddenly wished she had an umbrella.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about?!? What the hell is a Shikon no Tama?!?!?" Usagi demanded as she frantically searched her surroundings for an exit.
 
"Don't play dumb! I saw you heal that girl! You have to have it if you can do that!!" He growled out as he leaned forward and crawled toward her. He cracked his knuckles and slashed his claws toward her face. She leaned back against the cold, wet wall behind her and squeezed her eyes shut.
 
"Gomen nasai!! I don't know why I can do that, but I don't have what you're looking for!" Usagi cried as tears streamed down her face. She was cold, wet, and covered in mud and blood. She leaned against the wall and shivered in sheer terror, she knew she was going to die in this dark place where no one would hear her scream. His eyes narrowed on her and he grabbed her chin roughly. He yanked her face up to look at him, then he twisted her face to one side, then the other. "Itai, what are you doing!! That hurts you know!" Usagi cried as she pulled her face out of his hand. This brought a growl from the silver-haired, golden-eyed boy and Usagi was brought back to reality. A sweatdrop appeared on her forehead and she slapped her hand over her mouth. "Gomen?" She questioned as he leaned his face closer to hers. He slammed his fist against the stone next to her head, which caused the whole cave to shake.
 
"I'm going to ask you one more time! Where is the Shikon no Tama?!?!" He demanded as his golden eyes burned into hers.
 
"I don't know!" She yelled back as she pushed against him. She hated to be pinned down, she was claustrophobic. She couldn't stand feeling like she was trapped or closed in. To her surprise, he backed up and sat cross-legged in front of her. He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Usagi with his glowing eyes. He couldn't kill her just yet; she was the only lead he had on the Shikon no Tama so he couldn't get rid of her yet.
 
"Release her, demon!" A voice broke the silence from above. Usagi looked up to see a man wearing long robes and holding a golden staff.
 
"Nani?" Usagi said quietly as she looked up at the strange man.
 
"Go back to your master and leave this human girl alone!" The man ordered as he jumped down into the cave. He landed in front of Usagi and stood poised ready to fight.
 
"Who the hell are you?!" The boy growled as his eyes flashed red and his claws seemed to grow longer.
 
"I'm the priest, Miroku," He started as he rose his staff. "And I'm here to banish you back to hell, youkai!" He shouted as he struck out with his staff. The demon easily dodged and landed in front of Usagi.
 
"I don't have time to play with you." The youkai said as he grabbed Usagi and jumped up to the opening of the cave. Usagi looked down at the dark-haired priest and screamed in terror.
 
"O-negai!! Help me!!!" She shrieked as she was carried upward by the monster who had kidnapped her.
 
"Matte!!" Miroku called as he followed as closely as possible. For a human, he had speed. He could easily keep up with a youkai, provided the youkai wasn't too powerful. The youkai he had trouble keeping up with for the most part was the wolves. They were quick and sly; it was easy to lose them. This wasn't a wolf though, by the ears Miroku figured it was either a dog or cat demon. He would be able to keep up with this particular youkai. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to take him down, though.
 
"Help me!!" Usagi shrieked at the top of her lungs as she felt the rain pound down against her skin. She was already soaked to the bone, covered in mud and sticky blood, and her hair was in a mess.
 
"Don't worry, I'll save you!" The priest called up to her as he leapt into the air. He landed in front of the youkai and pulled some prayer beads off of his hand. "Air Void!!" He shouted and pointed his hand in Usagi's direction. Her eyes widened in shock as the hole in his hand began to suck everything inside.
 
"Nani?!?" Usagi cried as she felt it pull at her and her captor. The youkai that held her growled deep in his throat and threw Usagi as hard as he could toward the priest. Usagi screamed bloody-murder as she flew toward black hole in his hand. At the last second, Miroku put the beads back over the hole in his hand and caught the shivering girl in one motion. Usagi lay against his chest with her eyes squinted shut and shivered in cold and fear.
 
"Daijoubu ka?" She heard his voice quietly ask. Usagi opened her eyes and looked up at the dark-haired man with a blush on her cheeks.
 
"H... hai..." She said as she blushed and looked up at the attractive priest. What am I thinking? He's a priest! Usagi thought to herself and turned her eyes away. Then she remembered the boy with the silver hair. "Where is he!?!" Usagi demanded when she remembered her kidnapper.
 
"Shh, don't worry. He's gone for now." Miroku said as he set Usagi on her feet. Usagi pulled the wet and muddy robe closer to her body to try and generate some heat. It didn't help in the slightest. She glanced up when she felt something heavy on her shoulders. Miroku had wrapped her in his outer robe before he scooped her up and put her on his back. "I'll take you home."
 
"Arigato!" Usagi cried as she leaned against his back and cried. He glanced over his shoulder at the sobbing girl and smiled slightly.
 
"Don't worry, koneko, I won't let them hurt you." Miroku said with a smile. Although I don't know why they're after some girl... Miroku thought to himself as he tried to discover their alibi for kidnapping such a helpless girl.
 
****
 
Usagi sat at the table with a cup of hot chocolate with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Kagome sat to her left and Miroku sat across from her with his own cup. He had brought Usagi home and was now in the process of trying to figure out why the youkai had targeted her. There didn't seem to be anything special from just looking at her. Maybe the youkai knew something that he didn't. It just didn't make any sense to him.
 
"Did that youkai say anything to you?" Miroku asked. "Anything that would tell us what he wanted?" Usagi took another sip of her hot chocolate and frowned slightly. The thought of those golden eyes sent chills down her spine.
 
"He was looking for some jewel." Usagi said simply as she shuddered involuntarily.
 
"Jewel?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.
 
"Hai, he called it the Shikon no Tama." Usagi explained to the priest. She took another sip of her chocolate and sighed quietly. She didn't notice Miroku's eyes widen in shock. Kuso... she has something to do with the Shikon no Tama?!? He silently wondered. No wonder the youkai are targeting her... It doesn't make sense, though. Why would a girl like her have it?
 
"Can I ask you something, Usagi?" Miroku asked as he took her hand. She nodded to him and waited for him to ask. "Will you carry my child?" Usagi's eyes widened and a sweatdrop appeared on her forehead.
 
"N... nani?!? What kind of a question is that?!?!" Usagi demanded as she pulled her hand back and slapped him across the face. Miroku frowned slightly and turned to Kagome.
 
"Kagome-san..." He started as he took her hand. Kagome pulled back her hand and slapped him before he could ask.
 
"Can't you be more serious?!" She demanded as she frowned at him and a vein popped out in her forehead. Miroku lay on the floor with two handprints on his face, one on either cheek. "Come on Usagi-chan, I think you should probably get some sleep. Mama and grandpa will be home soon."
 
****
 
Inuyasha growled to himself as he licked his wound. That stupid monk would pay for disrupting his plan. He'd have to kill that guy to get to that girl. No doubt that stupid priest would be watching the human girl's every move. Inuyasha cursed himself for having underestimated the priest, Miroku. His master had warned him about the priest with a hole in his hand, and also a young girl calling herself a demon slayer and wielding a large boomerang-looking weapon.
 
After being defeated by that stupid monk, Inuyasha had retreated to the sewers. The only place where the rats were bigger than he was. The smell was hell on him; his sense of smell wouldn't be worth anything for at least a week. He couldn't go back to his normal hiding place because no doubt that monk would look there first for him. He'd just have to take the priest by surprise and slice his arm off. Without his "Air Void" as he called it, Miroku would be helpless. That was the only thing that Inuyasha really had to look out for. The stupid charms and his staff would have no effect on Inuyasha, he was too strong for that.
 
"Having troubles, Inukoro?" A mocking voice asked from behind. Inuyasha turned around and glared at the dark-haired wolf. He had been able to smell that wimpy wolf for the past several days. He knew he was being monitored by that baka.
 
"What the hell do you want, Yaseokami?!?" He growled as he flashed his claws.
 
"I'm here to supervise your mission, baka." Kouga growled as he smirked at the dog demon triumphantly. "I see you're having a little trouble. Did that little bitch manage to get the better of you?" Inuyasha only growled in reply and glared at the wolf.
 
"Keh! It's none of your damn business!" Inuyasha growled as he turned his face away from the other demon.
 
"I was given the order to take over the mission once you fail. If you fail again, I'll kill you and then the glory of presenting the Shikon no Tama to our master will be mine." Kouga said confidently.
 
"I won't give you the opportunity." Inuyasha growled as he continued to glare.
 
"My aren't we optimistic for someone that just lost what they were looking for. Just remember, one more chance or I'll kill you." Kouga said as he balled his hand into a fist and took off in the opposite direction.
 
Inuyasha growled to himself and slammed his fist into the wall of the sewer when Kouga was out of earshot. That stupid wolf would die too, once he got the Shikon no Tama, Kouga would be the first one to go. Inuyasha grew tired of the arrogant wolf. He had never much liked the wolf tribe to begin with. They were always causing trouble and letting other youkai take the fall. They would sneak off and kill twenty humans in one night but not share so much as one bite with the rest of them. That really pissed Inuyasha off to no end. They were goddamn gluttons! And that's all they did! They didn't do anything to advance their mission to destroy the human race.
 
"Don't worry, Yaseokami, I'll kill you personally..."
 
****
 
Usagi was terrified to be alone so she made Kagome sleep in her bed with her. She really didn't want to be alone with that thing still out there. Miroku had talked to Kagome's grandfather about becoming an apprentice at the shrine. Surprisingly, Kagome's grandfather agreed right away and said something like 'The youth of this country finally has respect for history...' or something along those lines. Therefore, Miroku slept in the bedroom next to Usagi's.
 
Souta took an immediate liking to Miroku because the older man played video games almost as good as he did. Kagome had no interest whatsoever in video games, but Usagi would play with him from time to time. Mostly if they were playing a Sailor V game. Although, after the accident with Usagi's family, she played less and less of the Sailor V games. She said that it brought back too many memories. Souta thought this was because she used to play the game with her little brother Shingo. Souta had been friends with Shingo when they were younger and had been very upset when the boy was killed, though he didn't know how it happened. He just knew it had something to do with the park. He wasn't quite sure why Usagi had been so upset that day. It wasn't even near the day when her family had died. She was all dirty and scraped up. Souta just figured she was trying to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. The last time that had happened, Usagi had ended up with two scraped up knees and gum in her bangs. She had gone crying to his mother because she couldn't get the gum out of her hair.
 
Souta frowned and headed to his room to go to sleep. His mother would be mad if she knew he was still awake. He had been in Miroku's room for the past hour while they tried to get the bunny ears on the television to pick up a good signal. Miroku wanted to see the news, but all he ended up seeing was static. Souta suggested that Miroku go downstairs because that television had cable and wasn't ancient like the one in Miroku's room. He declined though, so Souta was stuck holding up the bunny ears in the weirdest position, which caused the left side of his body to fall asleep after about five minutes even though they could barely understand what the announcer was saying from the static. Souta opened Usagi's door and walked in silently. He tiptoed over to her bed and leaned over Kagome to look at the blond.
 
"Oyasumi nasai, Usagi-chan." Souta whispered as he touched her hand. Kagome peeked on eye open at the boy and pouted.
 
"Don't I get a good night, little brother?" Kagome asked with a pout on her face. A sweatdrop appeared on Souta's forehead when his sister spoke. He thought she'd been asleep, now he blushed from head to toe.
 
"K... Kagome?!? I thought you were asleep!!" Souta nearly yelled. He stopped when Kagome pressed a finger to her lips and shook her head. Souta frowned and turned to leave the room.
 
"Don't worry about Usagi-chan, she's all right. And don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe." Kagome said as her brother left the room. She had known for a while that the boy liked her best friend. Every time Usagi even said 'good morning' to him, he'd turn bright red and start to stammer. She laughed quietly to herself and stood up. She just wasn't tired. Kagome was worried about Usagi. What if that weird monster came back while they were sleeping? Even if Miroku heard him, would he make it there in time to save Usagi again? Kagome was skeptical. She wanted to know what that monster wanted with Usagi. Did it have to do with her healing power? Kagome didn't know how the demon would know about that, though. Unless he'd seen them earlier that day, but that was a long shot. It was probably just a coincidence. Yeah, it had to be just a coincidence. There was no way that guy had seen Usagi heal her knees earlier that day. Kagome sighed in defeat and walked to the window to let a breeze in, the room was so stuffy Kagome could hardly breathe. When she glanced up toward the tree she saw a pair of glowing golden eyes staring back at her. She gasped and stood in frozen shock...
 
****
 
Inuyasha perched outside the window of the blond human from earlier. She was sleeping but that dark-haired human was pacing back and forth in the room. He'd have to deal with her before he could deal with the other woman. This was going to be fun after all. Inuyasha could smell the stench of that stupid priest and decided that he'd just have to make it quick and silent, which was something he could do. He was always up for a challenge, especially if it meant he'd get to rip into the soft flesh of those girls. He prepared himself for the lunge when the dark-haired girl walked toward the window and looked straight up at him.
 
"Kuso..." He muttered as he leapt toward the open window and easily slammed his elbow into the girl's gut. Her air left her lungs in a loud woosh and she slumped forward against him. There was something strange about this one... she smelled familiar somehow, though Inuyasha wasn't quite sure where he caught that scent before. He slung the dark-haired one over his shoulder and walked over to the sleeping woman. He reached down and put his hand over her mouth to silence her. He knew she would scream as soon as she saw him. He smirked as he saw the fear in her eyes when they popped open. He took that opportunity to shove a small envelope of something into her mouth. She gagged on the packet but swallowed it and soon her whole body went limp. He easily lifted her and threw her over his other shoulder. He'd take the dark-haired one just in case the priest was making rounds. Then he'd have two hostages if the human's decided to fight back. Though he doubted that they would even notice the girls' disappearance. All save the immediate family and that idiot priest.
 
Kagome stared in open-mouth shock as she saw her house grow smaller and smaller into the distance. She wanted to cry out, but her lungs wouldn't obey her. She was still having trouble breathing or even moving for that matter so she watched helplessly as she and Usagi were taken by the silver haired demon. Kagome reached out her hand toward her house once before darkness enveloped her and she slumped against her captor. Inuyasha smirked and quickened his pace. It would take at least an hour or two before that priest had any clue where the girls were. By that time, Inuyasha would have the Shikon no Tama and the youkai would start their revolution to enslave the humans.
 
****
 
Kagome's eyes fluttered open and she found herself bound hand and foot with tight cords that cut into her skin. She winced slightly as she bent at the waist, which was a bad move... Her stomach felt sore and she had the greatest urge to puke all over the floor. She managed to hold that back with some difficulty. She looked around the dimly lit area and saw that she was alone. The golden-eyed boy was gone and so was Usagi. She hoped nothing had happened to her blond friend. She would never forgive herself if something happened to Usagi.
 
Kagome fought against the cords and wiggled her wrists this way and that until she managed to slip one hand out of the loops. Her wrists were swollen and bleeding but she didn't really care, all that mattered was finding Usagi and getting the hell out of there. She quickly untied her feet and tried to stand up but swayed this way and that. She decided that she would just crawl since her head spun too much when she stood. I must have been out longer than I thought... She dimly thought as she crept across the damp floor on all fours. From the smell of the place, she was in a sewer but she wasn't sure exactly. She crawled slowly at first as she tried to regain her balance but after a few minutes was able to stand and walked along slumped as long as she held onto the wall. Otherwise, she would lose her balance and fall once again.
 
"Give me the Shikon no Tama..." A feminine voice purred into Kagome's ear.
 
"Nani?!?" Kagome exclaimed as she turned to see a face beside hers. Her eyes widened in shock and she spun around to face a giant centipede-looking demon. She took a few steps back and bumped into the wall of the sewer, which caused her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. "Sh... shikon no Tama?" She questioned as the creature crept closer to her.
 
"Hai... I can sense the jewel... Give it to me!!!" She demanded as she lunged at Kagome. Kagome put her hands in front of her face in fear and was shocked when the centipede didn't hit her. She peeked open an eye and saw the creature hunched over and missing four of her six arms. She scooted across the ground in her pajamas as she tried to escape the next attack.
 
"Iie!! Leave me alone!!" Kagome shouted as the centipede growled and attacked again. A pink light lit up the entire area and when it cleared, the centipede was gone. "N... nani?" Kagome questioned herself when she saw the creature was gone. "How did I do that?"
 
"It's simple." An arrogant voice said from behind. "YOU have the Shikon no Tama, not that blond human Inukoro has taken so much interest in." Kagome stood up and backed away from the dark-haired youkai. This one wasn't as scary looking as the centipede, but he seemed much more menacing.
 
"W... who are you?" Kagome managed to choke out as she took a few more steps backward. She cried out as something exploded from behind her and something grabbed her around the waist. She screamed as it felt like she was being pulled up through the cement to the surface. The next thing she knew, she was flying in the air and she caught a glimpse of a pink jewel covered in blood that was flying away from her.
 
"You! This is my mission!! Go back below!!" Kouga shouted as he punched the female centipede as hard as he could. Kagome landed on the ground hard and heard a quiet plunk by her head. She looked up and there, lying next to her was the pink jewel with blood splattered on it.
 
"Why does my side hurt so much?" She wondered to herself as she picked up the small jewel. She touched her side and pulled her hand back when she felt something warm and sticky covering it. "Did this... come out of my body?" She questioned as she held onto the jewel in one hand and looked down at the injury.
 
"I knew it." The cocky voice of the human-like youkai said as he landed in front of Kagome. Kagome looked up and her eyes grew in size. The demon was looking down at her with an evil look on his face. "The Shikon no Tama. I knew I'd get it before that stupid dog face. You're not bad looking for a human, you belong to me now."
 
"N... nani?!?" Kagome exclaimed indignantly. "Your woman?!? Are you crazy?!?" Kagome demanded as her face scrunched up in anger. Kouga smirked at the human before he grabbed her and slung her over his shoulder. "I'll take that." He said as he attempted to pluck the jewel from her hand.
 
"Iie!!" Kagome cried as she yanked it out of his hand.
 
"I said give it to me!!" He shouted as he tried to pull it from her grasp.
 
"Iie!! It came out of my body!! I'm not giving it to you!!!" Kagome shouted as she held tightly to the treasure the demon had been so intent on getting.
 
"Hiraikotsu!!" A female voice called out. A moment later, a giant boomerang came flying toward the youkai and Kagome.
 
"Oi! Watch where you're aiming that!!" Kagome cried out as she ducked out of the way of the boomerang. The boomerang circled around and a girl dressed in weird clothes with a mask over her face caught it effortlessly.
 
"Baka!! Get the jewel!!" The girl shouted as she threw the boomerang again toward the recovered Kouga who was racing toward the jewel. Kagome scrambled up and ran toward the jewel and managed to grab it seconds before it would have fallen down through the huge hole in the ground that lead to the sewers.
 
"Give me the jewel!!" Kouga demanded as he hit the boomerang out of the air with ease. He ran at full speed toward Kagome ready to tear her to shreds.
 
"Air Void!!" A voice shouted and the wind suddenly picked up. Kagome covered her face with her arm and looked toward the youkai who was charging her. She was shocked to see that he was flying backward toward the hole in Miroku's hand.
 
"Kisama!!" Kouga growled as he spun around in mid-air and managed to dig his feet into the ground. The pull on him stopped as Miroku covered the air void and held up his staff ready to attack. Miroku lunged at Kouga and attempted to hit him with his staff. Kouga, being a wolf youkai, was much faster and easily dodged the attacks.
 
"Hiraikotsu!" The girl shouted as she flung the boomerang in Kouga's direction again. Kouga jumped into the air and landed in a tree next to the road.
 
"I'll be back!" He growled as he jumped up to the top of the building and jumped from rooftop to rooftop until he was out of sight.
 
****
 
Usagi opened her eyes and felt herself being carried on someone's back. She rubbed her eyes and as her vision cleared, she gasped audibly before she shoved against the person who carried her. Inuyasha glanced over his shoulder when he heard the gasp and stopped running. He dropped her hard on the ground and turned around to glare at her. Neither one said a word, they merely stood there [A.N. In Usagi's case, she sat there] and stared at each other. Inuyasha was the first to break the silence as he rather rudely began to talk.
 
"Where is the Shikon no Tama, human." He growled as he put out one hand.
 
"I've told you already, I don't even know what a Shikon no Tama is, let alone where it is." Usagi countered as she climbed to her feet to stare the boy in the eye. She was tired of being afraid of this creature that stole her from her bed. She stood in front of him in her pink bunny pajamas with her hair hanging loosely around her face and stared into his golden eyes. He was the first to turn away while he growled in annoyance.
 
"Stop that, baka human!" He growled as he rubbed his eyes with his arm. Baka human... don't think I won't kill you... He thought to himself as he raised his claws once again. He held his hand raised for a moment then grunted and turned away from her. "Why aren't you afraid?" He asked simply. "You were terrified before, now I'm going to kill you and you're not afraid."
 
"I am not afraid to die." Usagi said simply as she thought of being with her family again. He was taken somewhat aback by this. Just a few hours earlier, she cried and begged for him not to kill her and now she stood in front of him with no fear. "I've run in fear from you for too long. If killing me will satisfy you, then do it." He didn't turn around to look at her, he just stood there with his arms crossed over his chest.
 
"Get the hell out of here before I decide to change my mind and kill you." He said simply as he stood with his back to Usagi. Usagi gasped slightly at him. He was letting her go? Was that really the same guy she had seen earlier? "I'll let you go this time, next time I'll kill you for sure." He stated simply as he stared off into the distance. Usagi gasped as she saw a flash of pink in the direction he looked. She took a step toward the light and watched as the golden-eyed youkai leapt off of the building and headed toward the shining light.
 
::Fin::
 
Nani? = What? Huh?
Baka = Stupid
Gomen nasai = I'm sorry
O-negai = Please, I beg you
Koneko = Kitten
Inukoro = Dog Face (this is what Kouga calls Inuyasha in the series... I'm going by the fansub translation)
Yaseokami = Wimpy Wolf (this is what Inuyasha calls Kouga in the series... I'm going by the fansub translation)
Oyasumi nasai = Good night
Kuso = Hell, shit (it's a light curse, I forget which one *shrugs*)
Iie = No
Oi = Hey
 
All right, there's chapter 1 for ya^^ I hope you all liked it. Be happy I sat down and wrote the prologue and first chapter in one sitting so you had a little more to read than when it's just a prologue. Anyway, I'm not going to give away any of the plot but I have MANY ideas for this one^^ As you can see, it's a crossover and also an alternate universe since Inuyasha and the youkai aren't in ancient Japan *grins* I just think it's cool when Inuyasha is in the modern world. It would be more fun if he had been coming from the past to the modern though *thinks... then shrugs* Ah well, I hope you enjoyed it. Please review or email me at pokahydee@mysticallegends.com. Also, take a break and check out my 2003 Fanfiction Contest on my site http://www.mysticallegends.com. Well, that's it for now, let me know what you think and/or if I should continue. Ja! *flies into the air and disappears in a puff of pink smoke and silver sparkles*