Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Sailor Pluto reveals all ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: So, the prologue is up. This is Chapter 1. Before I begin the chapter proper, this is something for my very first reviewer.
 
FirecatRekka: Hell no! It's not that I hate Usagi and all. It's just that it makes more sense to me that the protector is `betrayed' rather than the protected. Besides, `hate' is too strong a word. I prefer `dislike'. You know what? I'm actually surprised that you haven't pointed out that I've made Anhara, the daughter of Arago.
 
Disclaimers: I don't own any characters used in here. They belong to their rightful owners
 
Chapter 1: Sailor Pluto reveals all
 
***************************************************************** **********************
The next day, every Senshi, with the exception of the Pluto no Senshi and Chibi Moon no Senshi, were assembled in Hino Rei's Hikawa Shrine.
 
“Mercury is a traitor.” Tsukino Usagi announced.
 
“Ami?” Kino Makato was shocked.
 
“But why?” Aino Minako asked.
 
“She took my Holy Grail.” Tsukino Usagi answered coldly.
 
Ten'ou Haruka slammed her fist into one of the walls.
 
“Serenity-hime is right. We have no use of her anyway. Not with me and my Deep Aqua Mirror around.” Kaiou Michiru agreed. (A/N: With all those websites pitting Sailor
Mercury against Sailor Neptune…)
 
Tomoe Hotaru argued, “How could you say that, Michiru-mama? Ami-chan is the very first Senshi to join Sailor Moon in the fight against Beryl.”
 
Tsukino Usagi glared at the youngest Senshi.
 
“You're either with us or against us, Saturn. And Sailor Neptune's right, she is the weakest among the all of us. We're better off without her.” She said, in a regal voice.
 
Hotaru's eyes flashed angrily as she stood up.
 
“If that's the case, I'm against you!” she shouted, despite herself.
 
At that, Usagi's voice turned to her, “Then, you're no longer part of us. Surrender your powers and leave.” She said harshly.
 
Hotaru glared back, “I will not! My powers are granted to me by my planet and you have no right to take it from me!”
 
“No right?” Haruka exclaimed. “Serenity-hime is the Tsuki no Hime! She has every right!”
 
“Little Hotaru is right.” Sailor Pluto's voice came in at this point.
 
“Setsuna.” The planetary Senshi chorused.
 
“What do you mean?” Usagi demanded. “I'm the leader of the Sailor Senshi and the future Queen. That means I have every right to denounce anyone's powers.”
 
“This is where you are wrong, Serenity-hime.” Setsuna said, dehenshinning.
 
“You may be the future Queen, but that does not mean you have total authority over us. Our powers are bestowed to us by our planets.” Setsuna explained. (A/N: Come on people! Serenity is the Princess of the Moon and the others are Princesses of their respective planets. What `right' does Serenity have to take away the other Senshi's powers?)
 
“Setsuna, where's Ami-chan?” Hotaru asked meekly.
 
“Kaous has sent her back to where she belonged. Mercury will fulfill her duties as Queen of Mercury once more.” Setsuna answered.
 
“And the Holy Grail?” Minako asked.
 
“Mercury did not take the Holy Grail. The Holy Grail chooses its owner and it has deemed Serenity-hime unfit to bear its powers. Thus, it has gone to seek out another worthy of its powers.” Setsuna explained.
 
But…” Usagi protested.
 
“Wait a minute, Setsuna. What do you mean by `Queen of Mercury? I thought all of us were princesses.” Makato pressed.
 
“All of us were, except Mercury. The crown was passed to her when she was sixteen.” Setsuna answered.
 
“Like Serenity-hime, Queen Mercury had protectors. Nine armored warriors: five representing the five elements and four representing the four seasons. One of the nine warriors, namely Suiko, was to be Queen Mercury's husband-to-be.”
 
“What happened to him?” Minako, being the Senshi of Love, could not resist asking.
Setsuna shot a look at Usagi, “Ask Serenity-hime.”
 
All eyes, minus Hotaru's and Setsuna's turned to Usagi.
 
The Moon Princess smirked, “Hey, I just sent him away.” She shrugged.
 
“Not only Suiko, Serenity-hime, but all nine of them.” Hotaru spat, as her memory came back to her.
 
“And why does it concern you, Saturn?” Usagi returned.
 
“Tenku, I loved him.” Hotaru answered, angry tears in her eyes.
 
“And Yami.” Setsuna added in silent fury.
 
Turning to the rest of the Senshi, Hotaru said, “All of you, each one of you were in love with each one of Queen Mercury's protectors.”
 
Setsuna asked angrily, “Why Serenity-hime?”
 
Usagi snorted, “Anhara did not deserve Suiko no Shin. And since I can't have him, nobody can.”
 
“All because of a guy?” Matoko exclaimed.
 
Usagi nodded, “Why not? Shin was the perfect guy, for me anyway.”
 
“Then what about Darien?” Minako asked.
 
“I met Shin way before Endymion, Minako.” Usagi said.
 
“Usako, is that true?” Mamou asked, from his position from the shrine door.
 
“Mamo-chan…” Usagi trailed, having being caught.
 
Mamou entered the shrine, looked at Setsuna and said, “I've known of Mercury's departure already, Setsuna-san.”
 
Setsuna let out a small smile.
 
“Departure?” Rei was confused.
 
“You mean, Ami's gone?” Matoko exclaimed in shock.
 
Setsuna nodded, “Mercury, or Anhara, as she is now known, had departed from this world to the dimension she was originally plucked from.”
 
“By whom? You?” Usagi asked accusingly.
 
Setsuna shook her head, “Iie, by her adopted father, Kaous.”
 
“Kaous?” the rest of the Senshi chorused.
 
Setsuna nodded.
 
Hotaru continued, “Kaous was the one who created the nine armors the warriors wore, infusing each armor with a Bushido virtue.”
 
Setsuna smiled mysteriously at the youngest Senshi.
 
“Even so, Mercury is still the weakest Senshi.” Michiru argued.
 
“Weakest or not, it isn't up to anyone to decide. True, Anhara may not have many offensive attacks, but she's after all a Queen nevertheless.” Setsuna said plainly.
 
Turning to the Inner Senshi, Hotaru added, “And how many times has Ami-chan's tactics gotten the four of you out of the enemy's traps, before Michiru-mama came into the
picture?”
 
Rei nodded in agreement, “Little Firefly is right. Ami is after all our tactician.”
Matoko and Minako nodded in agreement at Rei's comment.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Dictionary for anyone who does not know who is who.
 
Rekka no Ryo: Ryo of Wildfire
 
Tenku no Touma: Rowen of Sutra
 
Korin no Seiji: Sage of Halo
 
Suiko no Shin: Cye of Torrent
 
Kongo no Shuu: Kento of Hardrock
 
Arago: Talpa
 
Kaous, Kaos: Ancient
 
Oni no Shut'n (Shuten): Anubis, Warlord of Cruelty
 
Yami no Anubisu: Cale, Warlord of Corruption
 
Doku no Naaza: Sekhmet, Warlord of Venom
 
Gen no Rajura: Dais, Warlord of Illusion
 
Bushido: Confucian