Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina's Quest ❯ Lina’s New Lair o’ Doom ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lina's Quest
 
Chapter title: Lina's New Lair o' Doom
 
Author: Malimillions
 
Summary: What do you do with a magic - wielding, dragon slaying, power hungry, egomaniacal menace to society straight out of the dark ages? Why, make her a modern-day super-hero, of course! Luna's at her wit's end!
 
Rating: PG-13 due to violence, skewed perspectives, homophobia… and of course, all of Lina's constant swearing.
 
Pairing (s): none so far
 
Feedback: Is much appreciated. Hate it or love it, I'd love to hear why and what you thought of it!
 
Fandoms used: The anime series involved with this crossover so far; Slayers, Ranma 1/2 & Sailor Moon.
 
Characters: Lina Inverse (Slayers) and Luna (Sailor Moon)
 
Betas: If anyone volunteers I'd be tickled pink. : D
 
Author's notes:
* * These are for symbolizing characters internal thoughts.
# # This is around my notes here to help the reader with things or give an explanation.
// // These signify the speech of non-humanoid (not counting Luna) and unearthly beings.
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon does not belong to me. Slayers does not belong to me. Ranma 1/2 does not belong to me. I make no money off of this.
 
 
 
“And how would you wish to pay? Cash, check, credit…?”
She rummaged for something in her bag before pulling out and holding out a diamond approximately the size of her first. Absently he noticed that the gigantic medallion was dangling from a fine gold chain that didn't look strong enough to support it's own weight. It sparkled and gleamed, casting rainbows around the dimly lit room.
“Would this do? She lilted, smirking. He could only stare, his mouth salivating. *I'll take that as a `yes'. * Lina thought to herself as she watched the man's eyes bulge as large as saucers. She had never heard of `cheeques' or `checks' or whatever they were in her life but thankfully enough, human greed seemed to hold similar currency in all realms. After all, no one could say no to diamonds and rubies larger than their brains.
“Y-yes, that would do fiiiiiine.” He hastily opened a drawer in his desk. “Here is the address and a set of keys. Good day!” Lina smiled and waved before heading out the door, leaving the diamond in the mans sweaty, shaking hands, both of the two thinking they had gotten the better deal out of the other.
 
Lina opened the door and pushed it wide, fumbling around for the `fire switch' or whatever the hell that animal had called them. There was an audible click as she flipped something on the wall the wrong way, and a slight hum as she felt a surge of power triggered by her own touch.
Jumping back a step in alarm as the dark cavern hummed for a moment before springing to life with intense, flat lighting, the befuddled mage blinked, warily checking over her new `home'. The `apartment' was semi-large, the furnishings appeared to be purchased from some chintzy layaway store, covered from clawed foot and armrests with clear plastic coverings, making the place as uninviting and impersonal as possible. Lina Inverse grimaced. She wanted that hulky diamond pendent back, dammit.
But the place was exactly as promised; it held large windows that faced the lights of the downtown whenever she was now, and looked like they could be easily opened from both the inside and outside with a key and code. At least she wouldn't have problems breaking into her own apartment whenever she lost her key. Which would be often.
Grimacing at the harsh `florescent lighting' or whatever the mangy cat had called it, she glared at the dull white walls around her, taking in brown stains that bled to green of water damage on the ceilings that slowly seemed to be making their way down the walls to claim the floor. It had a musty, damp smell…. Lina supposed it was a pretty good cheap atmospheric effect, given how little she was willing to drop on such things. Though the large, brittle glass panels she could hear the roving chaos of the traffic below; and the whole place rattled when what she supposed was a passing train shrieked by, briefly blocking out the sounds of honking cars, music pouring out of vehicles and peoples voices—the murmuring of hundreds of people all talking the words themselves indistinguishably amongst the occasional splash of shrieked obscenities.
Lina smiled in satisfaction at the hovel, despite the strange pipes everywhere for who knows what. This was her kind of place.
Luna shrugged. She was just happy that everything was going exactly as planned.
 
 
 
 
1