Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina's Quest ❯ Fightin’ Evil ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lina's Quest
 
Chapter title: Fightin' Evil
 
Author: Malimillions
 
Summary: What do you do with a magic - wielding, dragon slaying, power hungry, egomaniacal menace to society straight out of the dark ages? Why, make her a modern-day super-hero, of course! Luna's at her wit's end!
 
Rating: PG-13 due to violence, skewed perspectives, homophobia… and of course, all of Lina's constant swearing.
 
Pairing (s): none so far
 
Feedback: Is much appreciated. Hate it or love it, I'd love to hear why and what you thought of it!
 
Fandoms used: The anime series involved with this crossover so far; Slayers, Ranma 1/2 & Sailor Moon.
 
Characters: Lina Inverse (Slayers) and Luna (Sailor Moon)
 
Betas: If anyone volunteers I'd be tickled pink. : D
 
Author's notes:
* * These are for symbolizing characters internal thoughts.
# # This is around my notes here to help the reader with things or give an explanation.
// // These signify the speech of non-humanoid (not counting Luna) and unearthly beings.
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon does not belong to me. Slayers does not belong to me. Ranma 1/2 does not belong to me. I make no money off of this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“So what now, caption Luna?”
“What do you mean, `now what'?” the animal snapped back, ignoring the sarcasm. “We have to get groceries, we have to get you clothes so you don't stick out so much…”
“And what exactly is wrong with my choice of clothes, hmm?” Lina glanced down at her armor, cape and bejeweled armaments. Sure, she had noticed that the other denizens outside didn't favor such looks, but shouldn't everyone dress like this? It was only practical for fighting ghouls and beating bandits, after all. Luna blinked back at her new protégée. Ever since she'd met the upstart teen she'd been walking on eggshells. Everything seemed to upset her… there was simply no telling.
“Um, your clothes are very…. nice, Lina. But most people here don't dress like that.”
“So?”
“You want to fit in, don't you?”
Hell no, matey.” a crinkled nose. She hadn't warmed up to this place yet…. The skies above were filled with grey dust clouds and acid rain. Even the realms breathing air smelled foul! She certainly was not going to lower her own personal standards and try to `fit in' with such locals who didn't even seem to mind such ghastly living conditions as well. It was perfectly disgusting.
“Look, I'm sure we can find some appropriate clothes that still fit your, uh, unique personal style.” Lina's eyes narrowed at the suggestion, clearly not liking the way the false compliment rubbed her. “But the fact is, people here don't dress like that.”
“Well, they should!”
“Well they don't! Spare me the attitude, Lina. We've still got a lot to do to be tripped up by your notion of fashion on such a simple task of getting a fresh batch of clothes.”
“We're going to have to get me a whole new wardrobe?”
“Well, first we have to stop at the bank and open up an account,”
“Do you have any idea how expensive this is all going to be? Why can `t I just rob the bank instead?”
“Absolutely not. You're going to have to hold down a legitimate existence here, Lina.” She paused to dole out a sharp glare before continuing. “We're going to trade in some of your gems for some of this countries currency, then we go clothes shopping so you can fit into the crowds easier, then get groceries, then sign you up for school and get your scholastic supplies lists.”
“School?!?”
“Yes of course, school. Then we're going to have to pick up your things like school uniforms and bags and-”
“I have to go to school?!!?!” Luna let out a self-suffering sigh. Was she still hung up on that detail? Perhaps the simple process of settling in for Lina would take longer than she'd originally calculated. She could practically feel another one of her infamous migraines coming on as well.
“I have to go to school? No way! What ever happened to jewel hunting and burying treasure on exotic islands and marking it on a secret map with an `x' ?” Unnoticed, Luna winced at the volume of Lina's voice.
“You're going to have to forget your marauding background here Lina.” Another dolled out glare. “Instead, you're going to spend your time fighting evil.”
Fighting evil?! Wait a minute, you never mentioned that that when I was playing with the home team!”
“And you have to get an education,” another sputter. “And a part time job.” a full - fledged wail answered her.
Staring sternly at her protégée who looked like she was going to faint at any second, Luna suddenly had much more sympathy for her own mothers often tarried patience when dealing with her as a kitten.
“This is much more than I originally thought.” Lina moaned dramatically, flopping onto one of the plastic-covered armchairs, which squelched indigently at the sudden assault. Tuning out Luna and the furniture and ignoring the rest of the world's demands completely, Lina closed her eyes wearily, waiting for the room to stop spinning.
 
 
 
1