Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina's Quest ❯ Booze ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lina's Quest
 
Chapter title: Booze
 
Author: Malimillions
 
Summary: What do you do with a magic - wielding, dragon slaying, power hungry, egomaniacal menace to society straight out of the dark ages? Why, make her a modern-day super-hero, of course! Luna's at her wit's end!
 
Rating: PG-13 due to violence, skewed perspectives, homophobia… and of course, all of Lina's constant swearing.
 
Pairing (s): none so far
 
Feedback: Is much appreciated. Hate it or love it, I'd love to hear why and what you thought of it!
 
Fandoms used: The anime series involved with this crossover so far; Slayers, Ranma 1/2 & Sailor Moon.
 
Characters: Lina Inverse (Slayers), Luna (Sailor Moon), Goten Son and Trunks Briefs (Dragon Ball Z) and Ukyo Tenjou (Ranma 1/2).
 
Betas: If anyone volunteers I'd be tickled pink. : D
 
Author's notes:
* * These are for symbolizing characters internal thoughts.
# # This is around my notes here to help the reader with things or give an explanation.
// // These signify the speech of non-humanoid (not counting Luna) and unearthly beings.
 
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon does not belong to me. Slayers does not belong to me. Ranma 1/2 does not belong to me. Dragon Ball Z does not belong to me. I make no money off of this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Excuse me?” Lina's head whipped up, red eyes boring into the chefs. It really didn't seem like Lina was used to relaxing in public climates, or nickname endearments for that matter.
“Wow, red eyes! Contacts, right? You look my age—I had no idea that was the latest, nice! Which school do you attend?”
“Uh?”
“I'm Tenjo Ukyo, by the way. How d'you do? Personally, I prefer Furinkin high—the only place that tolerates girls wearing the boy's uniform, or anyone in drag, for that matter. Well, at least the head principal didn't—the other students are smarmy but complete pushovers! Pfft!”
“Uh…. Lina Inverse.” the sorceress supplied, completely dazed by the speed in which the girl could ramble. “And, um… this thing is Luna.” She gave the cat sitting in her lap a quick rattle to indicate it.
“Cool! Does it have any special powers? It doesn't look like it, skinny thing, but you've got a powerful fighters aura to you, even if you are too shrimpy to be a martial artist!”
“So.” Lina started, cutting the chef off abruptly. The girl was lucky she hadn't been fried yet, and not just by her own grill. “How do you know I have a problem?” the rhetorical question was shot out in a leaded deadpan, the speakers teeth grit. Apparently all the warning signals didn't bother Ukyo Tenjo in the least.
“Let me just say I can sense another kindred spirit.” A hearty chuckle before she continued on.
“You have a problem? What is it-“ cutting Lina off again, Ukyo continued in hyper fashion.
“Too many! You must be new to Neirma!” she seemed to not notice her guest looking nervous as she scratched the back of her head.
“What's so special about it?” the teenaged chef only smiled before heaping a large plate full of what the locals called `Okonimyaki' with a side platter of the `fish special' for Luna in front of the sorceress, pausing momentarily to draw breath and begin her tale.
 
---------- Three cartons of Industrial Sized Sake later----------------
“Lemmie get this straight…” Lina slurred, eyes unfocused. “There's this guy named Ranma-“
“Ranma Soatome.”
“Yeah, Ranma Soatome, who you're rightfully engaged to…”
“Since childhood.”
“Righ'fully engaged to since childhood…”
“That's right.”
“And then there's a Chinese Amazon after him for his hand in marriage according to some oddball tribal law, and then the two deranged-“
“Insane.”
“--Demented Kuno siblings out for dating claims, and so on?” Ukyo smirked, satisfied. It was quite a story to tell in just an hour and a half.
“That's right.”
“Wow.” And that pretty much summed it all up. For a moment she really appreciated the fact that she was single, and wasn't caught up in such an emotional mess of affairs. Her wits came back to her moment later, reminding her of the fact that if she was alone without an adoring male parlimar on the side, she was stuck to relying on herself in the lonely task of firing up her own ego.
“Yah got that right!” a flash of an 80-watt grin, and Lina could swear that she was now officially blind.
“Well, we used to be at each others throats all the time, causing all sorts of massive amounts of property damage an' stuff as I'm told, but right now it's all seemed to have calmed down a bit in the last year or so. Sooo….. We're even all in the same class, except of course, for the Kuno siblings.” The brunette paused to lick some sauce off of her chin before continuing. “… hell, even that mandarin bimbo's enrolled in the local school now.”
“You must make your teacher mighty nervous.”
“Yeah, well, it works to our advantage. They never refuse to give retests, and no one mentions any skipped classes or unexplained absesences.”
“Kinda like dealing with human time bombs, I suppose?”
“Yeah, we still battle and spar and stuff and try to kill each other all the time, things like that. But it still doesn't mean that we don't bond as a group. Or resist backstabbing each other when the opportunity arises.” Nervous at the chef's perfectly no-nonsense tone, Lina checked for the time. Glancing around for a sundial, she noticed for the first time that all the other customers of the place had long since vacated.
“-so of course, I'm sure Ranma will come to his senses soon enough and marry me since not only am I the most trustworthy friend of his, but I'm also the heir to the most original martial arts school, and I'm a fabulous, self-sufficient Okonimyaki chef!”
Even if her culinary fare of choice was a bit greasy, and leaned on the fast-food side of things rather than fine gourmet, Lina silently supplied.
“You don't have much competition in that department, do you?”
“Of course not. I make the best Okonimyaki in the world.” Ukyo said as she tossed her hair, seeming to finally tire of her own constant blather. Glancing outside, she also seemed to have finally noticed that it was dark outside. So perturbed was she in the loss of time that she almost didn't notice Lina quietly paying her bill and trying to ease out of her seat unnoticed.