Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina's Quest ❯ Bar Talk ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lina's Quest
 
Chapter title: Bar Talk
 
Author: Malimillions
 
Summary: What do you do with a magic - wielding, dragon slaying, power hungry, egomaniacal menace to society straight out of the dark ages? Why, make her a modern-day super-hero, of course! Luna's at her wit's end!
 
Rating: PG-13 due to violence, skewed perspectives, homophobia… and of course, all of Lina's constant swearing.
 
Pairing (s): none so far
 
Feedback: Is much appreciated. Hate it or love it, I'd love to hear why and what you thought of it!
 
Fandoms used: The anime series involved with this crossover so far; Slayers, Ranma 1/2 & Sailor Moon.
 
Characters: Lina Inverse (Slayers), Luna (Sailor Moon), Goten Son and Trunks Briefs (Dragon Ball Z) and Ukyo Toujou (Ranma 1/2).
 
Betas: If anyone volunteers I'd be tickled pink. : D
 
Author's notes:
* * These are for symbolizing characters internal thoughts.
# # This is around my notes here to help the reader with things or give an explanation.
// // These signify the speech of non-humanoid (not counting Luna) and unearthly beings.
 
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon does not belong to me. Slayers does not belong to me. Ranma 1/2 does not belong to me. Dragon Ball Z does not belong to me. I make no money off of this.
 
 
“I'm sorry, Lina.” Luna stared hopefully up at the short girl who loomed overhead her own miniscule height. “None of this should have happened; it's all my fault.” Lina said nothing, continuing to plod around the kitchen, swinging open drawers and violently banging cabinet doors shut just as violently. “I'm so sorry that my directional sense got off…. I was avoiding this testy poodle who had it in for me.” A snort. “I guess since you're a magician an' all-“
“Sorceress.”
“Sorceress, you must not think talking felines are that unusual compared to the usual things-“
“Whatever.”
“'Cause I get picked on a lot by other animals because…. Because I can talk.”
“That's `cause they're jealous. There's nothing like jaded domestics who turn violent.”
“Domestics?” Luna asked, not sure if she should be grateful for Lina's sympathy or not. Hell, she wasn't even sure if it was sympathy or sarcasm.
“Domestic animals. You know; like you…. Pets.”
“I'm not a pet!”
“Uh huh.”
“I'm not!”
“You're a domestic, right?” Lina was holding some colorful leaflets that someone had slid under the door. Squinting at it, Luna recognized the local SPCA seal and large slogans like “neutering” and “shots”. Lina breezed through them, than caught Luna's gaze, a slow, wide smile stretching on her impish face. She turned back to the leaflet about vaccinations and neutering and paged through it torturously slowly.
Luna suddenly felt her throat go very dry. “Um, what do want to do about dinner?”
“I don't care as long as I'm not required to cook.”
“Why don't we go to a restaurant or something to make you feel better?” Luna swallowed, trying to wet her throat. “Just this once?” another swallow. “And a place where they allow pets, huh?”
“If a place can allow the small, smelly beasts they call `children', they can certainly accept a talking feline, right?”
“Uh… I guess.” Lina turned her back on her again, returning to hazardously fling things around the kitchen in the manner as before. The only difference was that the sounds of slamming were taken down a notch.
“You know just how to cheer me up, don't you?” Luna yelped as Lina suddenly whipped around and picked her up and hauled her out the door with her, her `cleaning' in the kitchen seemingly done.
 
One thing Luna immediately noticed about being carried is that she could see from the same vantage point as Lina. While Lina was not tall by a long shot, it sure beat the heck out of constantly having to stare at large sneakers and the leather shoes of working stiffs. Lina adjusted her grip on Luna often, making sure she was comfortable, something Luna was grateful for. “How's that?”
“Mmm. Lovely.” Luna sighed, thankful that the storm of said shoes were no longer in danger of flattening her from her new perch. “Why don't we go there?” she flicked her tail at a small family-style restaurant of interest, which was brightly lit up and looked inviting. Lina quickly angled her footsteps towards it and in little to no time at all, they were inside.
“Hello, and welcome to Ucchans!” crowed a teenaged chef from behind a stretched grill. The teenager was a girl in her late teens, her large brown eyes crinkled in a smile. the matching long brown hair tied back in a low slung pony - tail which swung around as she moved, barely missing being slopped into the batter that she was now pouring. Not even pausing in her movements, she waved them to their seats in front of the simmering grill, spatchalas flying. “Hey, what a cute cat!”
“Uh, is it okay if I bring her in?” Lina asked while Luna blinked at the speed of the girls banter and whirling cooking style. The Okonimyaki chef seemed to glance around for a moment, as if she was looking for someone in particular in the crowded restaurant before waving it off.
“Sure, sure, it's fine!” she slopped more dough onto the grill, the smell of grilling greens and shrimp tantalizing their noses. “What's the word, sugar?”