Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina's Quest ❯ Unlady Like ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lina's Quest
 
Chapter title: Unlady Like
 
Author: Malimillions
 
Summary: What do you do with a magic - wielding, dragon slaying, power hungry, egomaniacal menace to society straight out of the dark ages? Why, make her a modern-day super-hero, of course! Luna's at her wit's end!
 
Rating: PG-13 due to violence, skewed perspectives, homophobia… and of course, all of Lina's constant swearing.
 
Pairing (s): none so far
 
Feedback: Is much appreciated. Hate it or love it, I'd love to hear why and what you thought of it!
 
Fandoms used: The anime series involved with this crossover so far; Slayers, Ranma 1/2 & Sailor Moon.
 
Characters: Lina Inverse (Slayers), Luna (Sailor Moon), Goten Son and Trunks Briefs (Dragon Ball Z).
 
Betas: If anyone volunteers I'd be tickled pink. : D
 
Author's notes:
* * These are for symbolizing characters internal thoughts.
# # This is around my notes here to help the reader with things or give an explanation.
// // These signify the speech of non-humanoid (not counting Luna) and unearthly beings.
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon does not belong to me. Slayers does not belong to me. Ranma 1/2 does not belong to me. Dragon Ball Z does not belong to me. I make no money off of this.
 
 
“Ah,” Lina was completely caught off guard. Several moments stretched by before she realized what she was doing, or rather, wasn't doing, and scrambled to gather her wits. She couldn't see the direction Luna had headed off to. Feet of busy, empty-minded people stumbled past her, not even bothering to notice who or what they were stepping on.
The street was busy enough that she couldn't see clearly into the alleyway she guessed Luna had taken as a side route. She could hear the feline in the distance though, telling her to hurry up. Gritting her rattled teeth in frustration as the last of her adrenaline rush surged through her veins, Lina snarled a rather unlady like curse, scooped up her bags and leapt up, only for her wobbly legs to cast her into another heap. Nearly screaming in frustration, she stooped and picked up the mess of food surrounding her, got caught in the trip on the hem of her skirt and came down again in a heap of arms and bags and legs. Not knowing what to do, she swore again.
Glancing up, she was even more furious to find the boy with black hair and his friend who looked like he had colored his hair using Easter egg dye snickering at her misfortune.
“It's not funny!” She leapt up; twisted by stepping on her own skirt again as she stepped forward and didn't even get a few feet before falling backwards. She cursed for the umpteenth time, and pounded a fist into the asvalt, then sputtered more slurs as the pain in her fists immediately made her regret the action.
Glancing up she found the two boys to be laughing hard at her expense, clutching their sides. So enraged was she that she managed to stand up and haul her bags, scoop up Luna and stomp in the direction to her apartment without any further mishaps. Some guys they were, standing there and chortled at a girl in trouble yet didn't lift a finger to help her. Some sense of chivalry this planet had.
`That--- that asshole!” she hissed. She followed this with a whole slew of expletives that sounded like they were inspired by some cross between Pirates guttural slang and Shakespearean street trash. Luna found she couldn't understand a word of it.
Wisely choosing to stay quiet throughout the whole thing, Luna carefully stayed quiet until it looked like Lina was beginning to deflate.
“I'm sorry, Lina. None of this should have happened; it's all my fault!” Lina tuned out the rest of the simpering for a moment, trying to relax and gain her bearings. Her feet were being chafed in the new strappy `shoes' the clothes store clerks had roped her into and the crowds of people on their way home were pressing into her at all sides as they tried to walk past--- none of this was improving her foul mood.
As she finally stopped sneezing from the automobile (or whatever Luna had called them) congestion, she finally tuned in the rest of Luna's simpered speech. “-And I always get picked on by other animals because I can talk to humans if I want to.”
“That's a stupid reason.” Lina growled and sped up.
“Hey, wait up!” Luna yowled. Still disgruntled, Lina only paused long enough for Luna to catch up, then practically flew to the rest of the apartment, not even having to pause and unlock the door, much less touch it, for the apartment door to unlock itself and fly wide open for her to enter, before abruptly swinging closed behind them and swiftly catching Luna's tail in the door jam.
Luna's surprised shriek was then heard by the entire building which then decided that the new tenant was not only some sort of creepy teenage runaway devil worshipper, but also apparently liked to torture cats. They then all did their best to avoid her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1