Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

When my eyes first opened, I saw the ceiling and figured that I must have still been in Serena/Sailor Moon's bedroom. When I tried to get up from her bed, I saw that I wasn't alone in the room and when I saw where the person was hiding, I nearly jumped off of the bed and almost felt like I was having a heart attack.

As I was catching my breath from being surprised, the person that was hiding on the side of the bed said in a rather insulted voice, "Hey! What do you think I am, a little monster or something?" I recognized the voice, but it wasn't Serena's, it sounded like a young little girl.

I turned around to see who it is because I didn't get a clear description of the girl and when I did, my eyes popped wide open when I realized who she was.

The little girl that I was looking at was named Rini who was actually Serena's daughter from the distant future. I didn't know the exact year she came from, but if you have seen the TV series, she was a small version of her mother known as Sailor Mini Moon. But unlike her mother, she had pink hair instead of blonde, red eyes instead of blue, and was quite mature for age unlike her mom who was sort of immature. If you've watched the series, you'd know how old Rini was and how she acted aside from what her hair and eye color looked like. The fact is; Serena and Rini always fought for the smallest reasons, like who was the better cook, who got better grades, etc.

Rini continued to look at me as if I were an alien from another planet. She then lifted her right eyebrow at me and asked, "Your name is Miguel, isn't it?"

I nodded to her in response and asked her, "How did you know my name?"

She then answered, "Serena told me everything that happened before I came home from school. She said that when you tried to talk to her, you collapsed on the floor and started to scream in pain before she got you back onto her bed. She then told me that she managed to treat the cut that was on your head while you were asleep. How's your head by the way?"

I felt my head to see how it was and I noticed that the bandage that was on my head was gone as well as the pain that I had before. " It feels better, thanks," I said with a grateful smile on my face. I then asked her, "How long was I asleep?"

"You slept until noon before you first woke up," Rini answered as she then looked at her small wrist watch. "Right now it's three o'clock."

She then pointed to a big black and blue backpack with a rather sour look on her face, "You'd better get up and start changing into a new set of clothes if you're planning on eating dinner with the rest of us tonight. Boy, if you keep wearing the rags that you've been wearing, you'll start to give off a smell that's even worse than Serena's cooking."

I laughed a little at Rini's crack and then I turned to see the backpack that she was talking about earlier. When I inspected the backpack carefully, that was when I realized that it was indeed mine because I knew that mine would have the words Bastsport on it. I then turned to grin at Rini to let her know that I was grateful for her helping me find a set of clean clothes in the backpack, but the happy moment was ruined when I started to notice the smell of what appeared to be charcoal in the air. "Augh! Where's that awful smell coming from?" I asked as I turned to Rini for the answer.

When my eyes were facing the little girl, Rini then started to smell the air around the room and then started to panic. "Oh no!!" she yelled as she ran towards the door and went out of the room as she slammed it shut.

If I knew Rini, I would have guessed that she would have known that it was Serena that was in the kitchen trying to cook when Rini knew that her own mother could cook food so bad that it can kill an entire army of men. `If that were the case then why wasn't I feeling much worse than I was before for when after I ate the soup and the rice bal.' I thought to myself as I started to stand up from the bed and picked up the heavy backpack. I then decided to think about it later and thought that it might be best if I started to leave because I felt that they might be bothered with my presence.

So after I changed into a clean white T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and put on a pair of clean socks, I found a piece of paper and a pencil on the table where the tray of food and the ice pack used to be and started to write a note. After I wrote my thankful gratitude and the reason why I couldn't stay at their house any longer on the note, I stuffed the dirty clothes into the backpack, put it on my back and picked up a pair of my already cleaned black running shoes that I found on the floor near the side of the bed earlier and started for the door. I opened it carefully and exited the room while walking quietly to try not to get noticed.

Before I knew it, I was outside in front of the house before either Serena or Rini noticed. Of course, by the way those two were arguing in the kitchen while I passed by earlier, I doubt that even a sound of an exploding bomb would stop them. Anyway, I started to run from the house with my backpack on my back and my best black running shoes, across the sidewalk. However, I only ran ten feet because at that moment that I wasn't paying attention to what was ahead of me, I bumped into someone so hard that it caused the person to fall on the ground. I felt terrible for what I did to the person, so I decided to help whoever I bumped into off of the ground. But as soon as I put my hand out toward the person to help, I was surprised to see who she was.

The person who I was holding my hand out to was a girl named Lita who was one of Serena's closest friends. Lita was a really great cook when she was in the kitchen, but she really cooks when it comes to the martial arts. She was the hero of thunder and lightning called Sailor Jupiter. If you have seen the TV series, you would know what she looked like, how she acted, etc.

When I finally stopped psyching myself up to realize that I continued to put my hand out towards her, I asked Lita without mentioning her name to her, "Are you all right, young lady? I'm so terribly sorry for bumping into you like that. It's just that I'm in a hurry."

As I pulled her off the ground, Lita said to me, "That's okay. Stuff like that happens," and when she was on her feet, Lita then started to dust the dirt off of her clothes.

While she was doing so, I looked towards the ground, and noticed a cookbook on the ground and picked it up. `So Lita was the one who made that soup that Serena gave me,' I thought to myself as I examined the book more carefully. `If that really had been Serena's cooking, I would've been dead by now.'

I kept from laughing at the little crack I just made and when I saw that Lita had finished dusting off the dirt from herself, I said while holding out the book to her. "I believe this belongs to you, young lady."

" Thank you, uh..." was all Lita could say after she'd taken the cookbook from my hands.

I then noticed a red color glowing on Lita's cheeks and thought to myself, `Why are her cheeks red like that and why is she staring at me as if I were...Oh great! Way to go, Miguel! You've now become an attractive hunk to a teenage, female, anime cartoon character!'

As I thought about the situation, Lita began to look all around me with a watchful eye and I thought to myself, `Holy crap! How am I going to get myself out of this one? If she knew who I really was and asked me what I was doing, I could be in trouble!'

When Lita finished taking a good look at me, she thought carefully for a moment and then started to say with both eyes wide open, "Hey, I know you. Aren't you the boy from...?"

I didn't give her the chance to finish her question, for at that moment I started to pass Lita by running like hell. It was a good thing I was good runner in Track and Field at school or otherwise she would've tried to stop me by flipping me to the ground, martial arts style. Before Lita could even have time to react, I was running as fast as the speed of light and was out of sight.