Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

You might think I'm crazy for telling you this, but you might think that I am and probably start laughing at me anyway, so here it goes. The person that was standing in front of the door was Japan's favorite anime superhero known as Sailor Moon. I was still shocked to see The Sailor Moon in person and to see that she was real.

I knew who she was whether she was a super hero or an average schoolgirl. I didn't know her last name, to be honest, but I did know that her first name was Serena. She and her friends, the Sailor Scouts, protected the Earth from the forces of darkness, but I'll introduce you to the Scouts later on.

Anyway, I was still standing near the mirror, surprised to see an anime-cartoon character in front of my very eyes. As I stood there, staring at her like a statue, I soon noticed that she was standing near the door looking all surprised as I did when she saw me near her dresser drawer while holding a metal tray of food along with an ice pack on her hands.

Serena shook her head as if she were dizzy and finally broke the silence by saying to me while still holding onto the tray of food, "So you're finally awake. How are you doing young man?" If you watched the TV series of "Sailor Moon" you would know who Serena was, what she looked like, how old she was, and well, you get the idea.

I was about to answer her question when the pounding that was in my head before started again and the pain I was feeling was much worse than what I had felt before. I collapsed on the floor, holding onto my bandaged head for all it was worth. I then started to give out a shout of pain when it became too much for me to handle. The pain that I had felt was so incredible, that it felt like a cat's claw was scratching at my brain, picking at it like a cat would do with a very soft pillow. I then prayed for the pounding in my head and the pain it emitted to stop, but it just continued its attack and I continued to scream in a mad pool of suffering.

That's when I first heard a panicked gasp from above me and then a metal clang and figured that it was Serena who panicked and quickly placed the metal tray on the table that made the metallic clang I heard while I was on the floor. She managed to pull me off of the floor and put one of my arms around her neck in order for me to keep my balance. I then managed to stop screaming for a moment as soon as Serena got me to my feet.

As she started to pull me towards her bed, Serena grunted to me while dragging me to her bed, "(grunt) I think I'd better get you on the bed before your headache gets worse. That scream you made sounded pretty bad, so come on."

It was indeed. Suddenly, the pounding in my head started to calm a bit, but the pain it gave off didn't stop. It still kept up its relentless attack on my head with all it had. At that moment, it felt as though someone did that on purpose just to see me go insane with pain and think that it would drive me on the edge to killing someone. But when Serena got me to rest on her bed, the pain that was driving me mad started to fade away like a bad dream, but not entirely.

Serena sighed with relief and said as she grabbed the ice pack from the tray on the table and put it on my bandaged head, "Keep this on your head until the pain in your head stops bothering you. Oh, and I've brought some food for you in case you might be hungry. You were in that coma for eight hours."

`Eight hours!' I thought to myself as I held onto the ice pack on my head, `I can't believe I was in that coma for eight friggin' hours!!'

As the voice in my head started to become silent, I noticed that Serena was still in the room, looking at me with a worried look on her face as I was lying on her bed. I had better not fall for her because she already had a boyfriend named Darien who I'll introduce you to later on in the story.

She then asked me with a bit of both curiosity and worry in her voice, "Um...could you please tell me how you got yourself injured like that young man? Can you at least tell me your name?"

`Tell her my name?' the voice in my mind said as I tried to sit up against the bed with the ice pack still on my head. At first I thought of giving her an excuse not to give her my name but then I thought that it might be a good idea let her know what my name was or otherwise she might not know who she was talking to.

So despite the fact that my headache had disappeared and the pain was still in my head, I was able to talk properly enough to speak, "My name is Miguel Angel Arias, little lady."

Serena smiled at what I said and started for the door. She then stopped and said as she began to open the door, "I'll be downstairs if you need anything, Miguel and please try to eat something. The food on the tray will be good for your headache and you'll need the energy." She smiled at me once more and she went out of the room and shut the door.

Then I just sat on the bed, with the ice pack still on my head, saying to myself, "Where am I? Is this my world? What is my purpose for being here?"

As I wondered about these questions, my stomach started to growl like an angry dog and I realized that I hadn't eaten anything while I was in that coma, so I decided to eat the food that was on the tray that Serena had left on the table. I put the ice pack that I had on my head earlier on the table, and started to eat. The food I had was delicious; I had three rice balls, along with a glass of orange juice, and a bowl of chicken soup. Though it was pretty tough to eat with chopsticks in my hand, I still managed to devour the entire thing, I mean; I was as hungry as a bear for goodness sake!

My head felt better after finishing the entire meal and I also regained a bit of my energy back too. I then decided to take the advice that Serena had given me earlier and rest a little while to recover a bit longer. As I lay down on Serena's bed, I started to feel a bit tired and I soon drifted off to sleep.

The dream I had was different than the one I had before. It began with darkness but the light I saw was different. Instead of a bright white light, I saw beautiful rays of golden light that looked like a sunset at the end of the afternoon. I felt the ground under my feet and decided to walk towards the light and, with nothing stopping me from walking towards it this time, I kept on going. When I reached the place where the golden light was being emitted, I saw the most extraordinary sight.

The object I saw that emitted the sunset light was a well-forged sword with a red star on the blade, which had four points instead of five, all gold and silver, and there was golden light all over the place. I then tried to reach for the sword to see what it would be like to hold it. But, when my hand came in contact with the sword's golden handle, I felt a great amount of energy surging through my body, and the light got so bright that it was enough to wake me up from my dream.