Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

After I got myself seated on the wooden crate box right next to the one Sonic was sitting on, he started to tell me the whole story. He said that it all started in his home dimension on the planet called Mobius; six months right after he, Tails, and Knuckles had left my world and we put a stop to Robo-Robotnik's plan for world domination. He continued to tell me that a few days ago, on Knuckles' homeland Angel Island, the three of them stumbled upon Shadow the Hedgehog, who is still alive and well and living peacefully on the island.

When he and the others asked Shadow how he had managed to survived and get back onto the planet's surface, he said that one minute he was diving towards the planet's atmosphere before he blacked out, and the next thing he knew he was on the surface of an unknown desert land. When he suddenly realized that he was still alive, he figured that his Chaos Form must have fully protected him while he was diving towards the planet's surface.

Shadow then explained that while he had been globetrotting, he came upon beings that had stumbled upon the Chaos Emeralds whose wish was to use them for their own purposes. He managed to take all seven emeralds from them and arrived at Angel Island where he knew that they would be safe from evil hands, he has been in hiding ever since. Sonic then started telling me that while the four of them were deciding on what to do with seven of the Chaos Emeralds, they were suddenly ambushed and attacked by an enemy he and Tails thought they had beaten a long time ago: The sorcerer Ixis Naugus.

When Sonic mentioned that name, I started to interrupt him by asking, "Uh, Sonic, he wouldn't, by any chance, be a wizard that has a horn on his forehead, a huge claw for a left hand, ears of a bat, and has a face that not even a mother would love? Did he once try to merge your world together with a reality called the Zone of Silence so he could increase his power and conquer it?"

Sonic then nodded his head in response and he asked me with an amazed expression on his face, "You got that information from one of the comic books that you had told us about, did you? By any chance, did you see the final battle that Tails and I had with Ixis?"

I nodded my head to answer his question and that was when he started to say, "Heh, it figures. I should've known that you would know about some things like that."

That was when I started to say to him, "Okay Sonic, so what does Ixis have to do with all of this and why is he so intent on trying to get the Chaos Emerald that I had?"

Sonic continued on with his story. "Ixis explained to us about his plan to use the energies of the Chaos Emerald to try to travel and conquer a world that was outside of our own. When he told us that the planet he would be conquering was your world, we tried to stop him with everything we had but he was just too much for us. Just when he was about to absorb the energy of the seven Chaos Emeralds, Shadow knocked him out with a surprising speed punch and threw us four out of the seven emeralds."

Most of what Sonic had said sort of made sense to me, but that was when I asked him, "So what does all this have to do with me, Sonic?"

Sonic answered by continuing the story, "After Shadow told us to run and said that he would distract Ixis while we made our get away, Knuckles suggested that we use the power of the four Chaos Emeralds to go to your world and ask for your help. We had to agree since we know how well you fought against Robo-Robotnik and his Shadowbot army."

I was about to say something to him when my mind started to replay a memory from before I had met up with Sonic and the others. I started to remember what the entity in Shadow's body had said to Sailor Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto before it disappeared. What I remembered most of all was the voice that the entity used to speak through Shadow's own mouth. That wicked, evil, and ancient voice of an old man that sent shivers up my spine a while back.

When the memory began to fade away, I heard Sonic saying to me, "Yo, Miguel, are you okay, buddy? You sort of spaced out on me for a moment there."

I responded by saying, "Sonic, I've met up with Ixis who's still in Shadow's body and he ordered me to give him the Chaos Emerald. But, when I refused to give it to him, Ixis started to attack me with Shadow's special abilities and I had to fight him in order to get him out of his body."

All of a sudden, I heard Tails' voice starting to say to me, "What happened to you after that, Miguel?" I then saw the young orange two-tailed fox starting to come towards Sonic which sat next to him on another wooden box in order to listen to what I had to say next. From the way I saw the interest growing in his eyes, I knew that Tails wanted to hear more of what had happened to me at that old sea harbor.

I began to sigh and continued on with my story, "Anyway, when I managed to hide from Ixis, he tried to force me out of hiding with Shadow's Chaos Spear Attack. But then three of the local superheroes confronted him and Ixis turned his attack on them instead."

That was when I saw Knuckles starting to sit next to Tails on another crate box and asked me with his left eyebrow raised a bit, "Uh...Miguel, by any chance, are these heroes that you've mentioned called the Sailor Scouts?"

I was a bit shocked for when I heard Knuckles mentioned that name. So I started to ask him in a rather surprised tone of voice, "Whoa, Knux! How did you know their name?"

That was when Knuckles started to tell his part of the story to me. "After the three of us used the power of the four Chaos Emeralds to warp to your world, we arrived very quietly at your home so that we wouldn't attract any attention to the locals. And when we finally reached your house, we knocked on your metal door. When we explained to you what had happened in our world, and what Ixis intended to do with the Chaos Emeralds, you naturally agreed to help us and started to pack a few clothes that you might have needed into your backpack. After you had finished doing so, Tails then gave you a radio in order to keep in touch with you just in case we ever got separated. He also gave you one of the four Chaos Emeralds to put in your backpack for safekeeping.

"When the four of us got to the place where Sonic, Tails, and I had originally appeared from, Sonic was about to open the portal to our world using the power of a Chaos Emerald, when Ixis appeared right in front of us in Shadow's body and commanded us to give him the four remaining Chaos Emeralds. When we refused to give in to his demands, he started attacking us using all of Shadow's abilities. We fended him off as best as we could, but Ixis proved to be too strong for us with Shadow under his control. Then when Ixis had used a Chaos Spear attack in order to hit Sonic, the beams must have hit the emerald that he was holding by accident, hence, causing a huge energy surge that was so strong and unstable it opened a portal that pulling us into the world we are in now."

Some of what Knuckles had said started to make some sense. I mean, it explained how I got into this reality in the first place and why Shadow/Ixis attacked me for the Chaos Emerald. However, it still didn't explain why Knuckles said that I was drowning in the sea or how he knew about the Sailor Scouts. So I started to ask him why he said I was drowning in the sea and how did he, Sonic, or Tails knew about the Sailor Scouts.

Knuckles again responded to my question by continuing on with his part of the story, "When all five of us got sucked into the portal, Sonic grabbed onto Tails and when I tried to grab a hold of you by gripping onto your backpack, you slipped out of it. I then remembered that before we got pulled into the portal, you were knocked unconscious by a flying brick block that gave you a huge, nasty bump on your head. When we finally arrived in this reality, we started to hover above a body of water that was about 20 or 30 ft. away from the closest seashore. While the three of us were hovering above the sea, we saw you plunge hard into the sea.

"Sonic then told Tails and I to lower ourselves down so that we could try to save you and right when we were about to do so, we saw a young teenage girl in a strange costume swimming towards us at incredible speed! The three of us were then forced to retreat in order not to raise any suspicion from her or anyone else that she was with as she pulled your body onto the seashore. When we saw that she had finally got you onto dry land, eight of her friends started to come towards her and you, along with a guy wearing a white mask on his face while wearing a well kept black tuxedo and cape along with a neat top hat on his head."

That was when I had finally understood why Knux said that I was drowning the sea and how I ended up in Serena/Sailor Moon's house in the first place. However, there were some things that I was still curious about, so I asked Knuckles, "Knuckles, who was the girl that you mentioned who had saved my life? And, by any chance, did she or any of her friends noticed you guys? Did any of you ever find a trace of that horn-headed wizard Ixis?"

Knuckles answered, "After the three of had retreated from view, we landed and hid near a lifeguard station that was about 50 ft. away form the group of Sailor Scouts, but I doubt that they noticed our presence because they focused all their attention on you. The scout that saved you put her head over your chest and checked to see if you were breathing. After a moment passed, she started to give you CPR or as you call it, mouth-to-mouth, but you probably wouldn't remember that when you're unconscious would ya, Miguel?"

That was when both he and Sonic started to laugh and I was blushing red in embarrassment. `Man, three of my outer dimensional friends saw me being given mouth-to-mouth by a girl who's an anime-superhero I saw on TV. This is embarrassing!,' I thought to myself as both Sonic and Knuckles kept laughing heartily.

When the two of them finally calmed down, Sonic began to apologize to me by saying, "Sorry about that, Miguel. It's just that you reminded us of how we were when we were in your situation. So no hard feelings?"

When he reached out his hand to me, I hesitated at first. Then I remembered that Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails would not have laughed at me to be mean, but to try to lighten up the situation. So I extended my own hand towards Sonic's to let him know I had accepted his apology by saying, "It's okay, Blue, no harm done."

After the apology, Knuckles said to me as he tried to calm himself down, "(Ahem) now, to answer your question Miguel, I have a question to ask you: Do you know anyone by the name of Michelle?"

I nodded my head with amazement on my face in response to his question. "Why would you know that, Knux?," I said, still bewildered at his question.

Knuckles said with a slight smile on his face, "`Cause she was the one who saved you and gave you mouth-to-mouth."

My face turned redder than it did before. `Great! Not only did Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails see me being given the "Breath of Life" by a Sailor Scout, but by Neptune, the most beautiful scout of them all! This is humiliating!,' I thought to myself as I covered my face to hide my embarrassment.

But, before I was able to completely hide my face, a thought struck my head making me forget about being embarrassed by the thought that I had a few seconds ago. I asked Sonic, "Sonic, did any of you guys have any luck trying to find Ixis in this area?"

"Not much luck right now I'm afraid. I mean, with his ability to control the four elements, he is almost impossible to track down with Tails' radar. When we had first tried using it to locate Ixis in the area where you and the group of Sailor Scouts were, the radar found traces of Ixis' magic all around the city, so it was just like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Knuckles decided to try to use his own Chaos Energy to try to detect Shadow's because when we found out where he was hiding, then we would find Ixis."

That was when I turned my attention towards Knuckles and asked him, "Then what happened next, Knux? Didn't you find any trace of Shadow's Chaos Energy the first time you've tried?"

The red echidna shook his head and said, "I didn't get a chance to do a full search because when I tried to focus all of my Chaos Energy, three of those Sailor Scouts, Mercury, Mars, and Pluto, had sensed it and started to head straight for us at the lifeguard station. When I stopped focusing my energy, Sonic told Tails and I to grab onto him and that was when he used the Chaos Control to warp us to where we are now. Since then, when I try to detect Shadow's Chaos Energy I can't pick up any trace of it anywhere. Ixis must be suppressing it with his own magic."

After Knuckles had finished talking, I looked around the old warehouse building again and saw Tails near a broken window, working on a device that was sitting on another wooden crate. "So what has Tails been doing this whole time?"

Sonic answered, "He is trying to improve the Chaos Finder so that we may use it to track down Ixis, who's still in possession of three Chaos Emeralds and is still inside of Shadow's body wandering around this city right now. So far, all the Chaos Finder can find is zip!" I started to wonder why none of the Sailor Scouts sensed me to see if I had a large amount of Chaos energy on me while I was in a coma.

I had turned my attention towards Sonic and asked him about it. But he shook his head and said, "Well, to tell you the truth Miguel, I really don't know how you were able to suppress all of your Chaos Energy from the group while you were in that coma. It must have been a temporary loss of Chaos Energy caused by traveling from your reality to this one, or..."

That was when Tails interrupted Sonic by saying, "It might have something to do with that sword that you had brought with you a while ago, Miguel. Let me explain."

That was when the little fox started to point the device at me and said, "A minute ago, I pointed the Chaos Finder towards you and I saw that it didn't detect a trace of your Chaos Energy inside of your body. Both Sonic and myself know that you can use the power of the Chaos Emerald as well as the rest of us, so I figured that something must be blocking all of your extra Chaos Energy from flowing out of your body." That was when Tails pointed to the sword that was on my back and said, "Miguel, can you please pull out your sword for a minute so that I can see if my theory is correct?"

I nodded to Tails and pulled out the mysterious sword that was in the hilt on my back. When the weapon was out, Tails' device started to beep rapidly out of control like the radar of a submarine detecting the enemy approaching their position. When I put the sword back in its' place, the echoing noise suddenly stopped.

A minute later Sonic broke the silence of the abandoned building by saying, "That sword can somehow harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds!"

That was when Knuckles started to protest, "But that's impossible, Sonic! There's no way that a weapon like that could possibly be able to harness the incredible power of the Chaos Emeralds."

I then said to the entire gang, "Knuckles might be right about that guys, but can any of you explain why Neptune and the Sailor Scouts haven't sense any of my Chaos Energy while I was out of action?"

As I awaited their response, I saw that each of them was wearing a curious look his face. At first I was a bit nervous because I had mentioned Sailor Neptune and figured that I was going to endure a barrage of funny comments from the whole group. But soon I calmed down when Sonic faced my direction with a serious look on his face and said, "Miguel, ya know some things about this world that we don't even know yet. So I think it's best that you tell us all that we need to know so that we know what kind of beings we're dealing with and what to expect."

When the three SEGA heroes gathered around me and waited to hear what I had to say about the reality that we were in, I knew I had no choice but to tell them everything they needed to know. I sat back down on the wooden crate and said to Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails, "Okay guys, I'll tell you everything that you need to know so that things might be easier to swallow around here. It's like this..." and that's when I started to give them all the details.

I had told them everything about the Sailor Scouts, what country that we were in now, what kind of person each scout was, and things like that. After I had finished, Sonic started saying with a sort of annoyed tone in his voice, "Well that's just great! First Ixis is out there trying to find us so that he can get his hands on the four Chaos Emeralds we have now, and Miguel tells us that we're in a reality that's based on a cartoon TV show. What next?"

As if on cue, Tails' Chaos Finder started to react the same way that it did near me before. As Tails checked to see what the device picked up, Sonic asked his two-tailed companion, "What's up little buddy?"

Tails then responded with a shaken voice, "Uh Guys, Shadow's Chaos Energy is in the area right now."

Sonic asked with a panicked tone in his voice, "How close is Ixis to this building, Tails?"

Then all of a sudden, a voice that sounded like an old man answered the blue hedgehog's question, "Why, I'm a lot closer to you than you think, Quickster."