Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

After the evil entity had disappeared from the scene, I saw the group of super heroes jump from the building and land safely on the ground. They then started to run towards their weakened friends in order to try to help them recover from the battle they had. When I saw the entire group of Sailor Scouts united as one, I started to turn and walk slowly back into the shadows of the alley to get my backpack. When I got to where my backpack was, I looked around to see if the evil spirit inside Shadow the Hedgehog was there to launch a sneak attack, but I then sighed with relief to find that it was nowhere in sight. When I was about to reach for the backpack, I suddenly realized that I still had the sword in my hand.

When I put the sword right in front of me, I started thinking to myself, `Boy, this sword sure is powerful and yet it's so mysterious. So, how did a weapon like this end up on my back in the first place and more importantly, who would give a sword with such incredible power to a boy like me?'

The thought of having such power in my hands started to give me the fear of what would happen if I didn't handle the sword properly. The fear then started to make my right hand shake rapidly and before I knew it, the sword slipped out of my hand and fell onto the ground.

When the sword fell, it made a loud metallic clang that echoed all over the alley. When the echoing sound finally stopped a moment later, I heard the voice of Mina/Sailor Venus shouting, "What was that?"

My entire body froze when I realized that I was discovered. I only heard the mumbling voices of the Sailor Scouts for a little bit. But that's when I started to hear Raye/Sailor Mar's voice talking rather clearly and loudly saying, "Guys, I'm sensing a great amount of energy coming from where Mina was facing. It's coming from that dark alley over there and someone or something is starting to emit the same kind of energy that I had sensed in the entity that was in the weird creature's body earlier."

That was when I started to ponder frantically on how I was going to get out of the alley and the area without the group of super heroes knowing who was really in the shadows of the alley. And if they found me in the alley with a powerful mystical weapon in my possession along with a large green emerald in my back pack, I would have a lot of explaining to do, which meant I would have to tell the Sailor Scouts where I really came from and how I got into this dimension in the first place. But if I had told them anything about the Chaos Emerald and its limitless power, that would put them in even more danger to an attack by the entity that still inhabits the body of Shadow the Hedgehog.

I started thinking about how I would be able to slip away from the Sailor Scouts unnoticed. At first, I thought of going deeper into the alley, but I soon remembered that it lead to a dead end brick wall. I then I thought of running out of the alley and out of the area at super sonic speed, but quickly figured that if I did, I would create a trail of Chaos Energy for the Sailor Scouts to follow. Just when I was starting run out of ideas, a thought came to my mind that almost made me slap myself in the head for not thinking of it sooner, `The Chaos Control!'

I remembered while playing the SEGA Dreamcast game called Sonic Adventure 2, I saw Sonic use Shadow's own special ability to warp out of one of Dr. Robotnik's (A.K.A Eggman) deadly traps. So I figured that I would be able to use the Chaos Control to warp out of the alley without leaving a trace of Chaos energy to follow.

I then ran towards my backpack after I had put the gold and silver sword down on the ground for the moment. I unzipped its front pocket and buried my hand onto the bottom. When I felt the fist-sized Chaos Emerald in my hand, I pulled it out and closed the pocket back up tight. Finally, I put the backpack on while ignoring the rough solid object that emitted the annoying feeling that I had felt before.

When I picked up the sword from the concrete ground, I held onto it very carefully so that I wouldn't accidentally cut myself with the shining silver blade. I then thought to myself that if I could concentrate solely on a place that I wanted to go, I would be able to use the Chaos Control to warp out of the area. `Now the only problem is where would I go and how would I be able to navigate the Chaos Control correctly?' At that moment, I started to hear footsteps marching towards me. I didn't care where I ended up as long as it was far enough away from the area I was in now and from the Sailor Scout group.

I started to concentrate while holding the huge green Chaos Emerald in my right hand in front of me. As I did so, an incredible feeling came over me; a feeling that was too hard to describe, but what felt like I'm near leftover static electricity you seen on a television after you turn it off. All of a sudden, I started shouting these two words, "Chaos Control!" and I was immediately surrounded with the same emerald green light, that of the evil entity that had possessed Shadow before.

While the emerald-colored light was engulfing me, I heard the voice of Lita/Sailor Jupiter shouting to her friends, "What in the world is that strange light, guys?"

I then heard Amy/Sailor Mercury responded to her question, "I'm not exactly sure what it is guys, but whatever it is, it's disappearing fast!" But just before I saw the shadows of the Sailor Scouts coming toward me, the green light suddenly turned a lot brighter and before I knew it, I was traveling through a tunnel of green light.

While I was going through the tunnel of strange light, my two feet had felt no ground below them as I continued to travel through the tunnel as if I were flying. I felt my entire body being pulled like I was in a huge vacuum cleaner tube. While I was traveling through the strange green tunnel, while holding onto the gold and silver sword and the green Chaos Emerald tightly, the feeling that I had felt like was starting to grow stronger. As I continued through the tunnel, the feeling that felt like static electricity continued to grow and grow and grow, like the feeling of millions of ants crawling quickly all over my body. Then all of a sudden, the feeling on my whole body began to disappear and before I knew it, I was tumbling, face down, towards a hard solid ground.

Now lying face down on the concrete floor, I started to hear a familiar voice say, "Who was that, Blue?"

Another voice started to respond to the question by asking, "Could it be Ixis, you guys?"

Then a few moments later, a third familiar voice answered, "Wait a minute, it's Miguel, you guys. Let's see if he has been badly injured and see if he's alright, quick!"

Before I knew it, I realized that the voice that talked at that moment belonged to my true blue old friend and childhood hero Sonic the Hedgehog: the fastest thing on two feet. I started to ask Sonic while I was trying to get off the ground on my own, "Augh. Sonic, is that really you?"

He then answered my question while trying to help me off the ground by lifting me on my left side, "The one and only, Miguel. The three of us thought you were toast for sure after you broke contact with your radio."

`Did Sonic just say `the three of us'? ' I thought to myself as I was being lifted up from the ground with Sonic's help, `Who the heck is he talking about?' I soon started to notice that someone else was also lifting me on my right side as well. The person said to me, "Boy, you're pretty lucky that you appeared right in front of us like you did, Miguel. The three of us thought that you were in trouble and we started to use the radar in order to find your Chaos Energy and find you."

The third voice boyishly spoke up saying, "Knuckles and I detected a large amount of Chaos Energy coming towards us and we thought that was it was Ixis using Shadow's Chaos Control at first. But after you appeared, we became relieved and started to wonder how you were able to harness the power of the Chaos Emerald in order to use the Chaos Control."

When I finally got off of the ground and balanced my body properly, I put the long sword and Chaos Emerald down on the concrete floor so that I would be able to dust off some of the dirt that was on my clothes. While I was doing so, I turned my head to face Sonic and saw his entire familiar image before me. I then started to ask him, "Okay Sonic, if you are who you claim you are, then tell me what your favorite food in the world is?"

I saw Sonic's face give me a sort of annoyed look and he responded by saying, "Miguel, you know very well that my favorite food in the world is chili dogs. Man, you must've hit your head harder than I thought."

I then gave started to chuckle softly at the crack that Sonic made. After I had stopped laughing and had finished dusting the dirt off of my clothes, I started to look around the surrounding area to see where I was. As I looked around, I soon realized that Sonic wasn't alone. When I saw who the owners of the two other voices I heard belonged to, I realized that they were none other that Sonic's friends: Tails Miles Prower and Knuckles the Echidna.

Tails Miles Prower, an orange two-tailed fox was a long time friend of Sonic's that can fly using his two tails as helicopter blades. He was also a smart boy genius that can make great inventions, even for a kid his age; (he made the biplane that he and Sonic travel in, as well as the Chaos Finder: a machine that can detect the power of Chaos Emeralds).

Knuckles the Echidna was a guardian of an island called Angel Island that floated in the sky. A huge Chaos Emerald, which was known as the Master Emerald, powered the entire island with the power of fourteen Chaos Emeralds. He had white-clawed gloves which he used for climbing walls and burrowing into the ground, but he could also glide to far away lands as well with his dread locks. Knuckles was known to attack any intruders that land on the flying island without warning: He always threw his fists at the intruder first and asked questions later.

As I continued to remain in awe at the sudden appearance of Tails and Knuckles, Sonic started to ask me with a curious look on his face, "Miguel, how were you able to use the Chaos Control and where did you warp from anyway?"

I quickly turned my attention to Sonic and answered his question. "I came from an old abandoned harbor near the pier on the ocean where I fought with an evil entity that took control of Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic."

Tails then said, "Well, that explains the huge energy signature I picked up on my radar earlier."

Knuckles added, "As well as that huge explosion we all heard from here, to the place that you mentioned before, Miguel."

After Tails and Knuckles finished talking, I looked around to see where I was. I saw that I was in an old abandoned storage building that looked like the inside of my high school gym only that this building was old, rusty, and looked like it would collapse at any moment.

Sonic said to me in a reassuring voice, "Don't worry about the building collapsing on us Miguel. It may be old, but it stands strong and it's completely empty so we shouldn't worry about any falling objects."

I sighed with relief, and then I asked, "Guys, how far are the four of us from the explosion you three heard a while ago?"

Tails said, "We were about five miles or so away when we heard the explosion, Miguel."

I was about to ask another question when Knuckles suddenly asked me with a curious look on his face, "Miguel, what kind of sword is that on the floor that's next to the Chaos Emerald?" He then pointed to the ground where both the sword with the four-pointed red star and the green Chaos Emerald were lying.

I picked up the gold and silver sword off the ground by the handle carefully and said to Knuckles, "I found it on my back while I was trying to get away from Shadow, Knux."

Sonic then said, "I guess that would explain the hilt that's on your back along with your backpack, Miguel."

I looked at my back to see what Sonic was talking about and my eyes caught sight of a thin, well-made wooden hilt that was right underneath my backpack. I, once again, bent down to the floor and I lifted the sword off the ground. As I lifted the huge weapon, I noticed that, for the first time, the sword actually felt light in my hand, which was pretty strange considering that a normal person would have a pretty hard time lifting a sword like this with one hand. But when I examined the sword carefully, I didn't have the slightest bit of trouble holding it.

`Must have also gotten superhuman strength from the power ring I had absorbed earlier,' I thought to myself as I held and stared at the well-made sword.

When I put the sword back in the hilt that was on my back, I started to ask Sonic a question that had been on my mind ever since I woke up from my deep sleep. "Sonic, can you please tell me how we got into this reality in the first place and why I have a Chaos Emerald in my possession?"

After I asked that question, I saw Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles wearing curious looks on their faces and looked at me as if I were a Zombie or something. That was when Sonic began to ask me very carefully, "Miguel, don't you remember anything before you were knocked out into your coma?"

I shook my head in response to his question. That was when Knuckles started to say, "That fall from the portal and into the sea must've done something to his memory while he was..."

I cut Knuckles off by saying to him in a rather frantic voice, "Whoa, Knux! What the hell are you talking about?"

Sonic motioned me to follow him to two wooden crate boxes I hadn't noticed before. Sonic sat on one of them and said to me while pointing to the other one, "Sit down, Miguel `cause this is going to be a long story."