Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

I turned to the direction to where the beam came from and started to face whoever was in the alley shadows that tried to attack me, I was shocked to see who it is. At first I thought the mysterious figure in the shadows of the alley is Sonic because its hair is almost the same as his but it was too dark in the shadows for me to see properly. However, when the figure stepped out of the shadows and as its entire body started to come into view on the lights of the alley's lamps, I immediately saw the face of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Shadow is a hedgehog that is created to be the Ultimate Form by a scientist who went insane when he learned that his granddaughter is killed during the invasion of a military organization known as G.U.N. When both he and Shadow were finally taken to G.U.N.'s secret military base, the scientist then reprogrammed Shadow's brain to gather seven Chaos Emeralds in order for the space colony called A.R.K. to collide with the earth in order to destroy it. However, when Shadow remembered what he had promised to the scientist's granddaughter, he fought the program that his creator planted in his mind and helped Sonic to save the planet.

You see, Shadow is almost like a reflection of Sonic and knows his moves too, but there's a difference between them. Shadows' body is all black while Sonics' is blue and he also has a bit of crimson color on his uneven spikes that are unlike Sonics' hairdo. He also has these hover blades, which are used like regular roller blades, that allow him to gain high speed like Sonic. Finally, he has this special ability called the Chaos Control that allows him to warp time and space using the energy of a Chaos Emerald. The last time that I saw of him is when he was diving towards the earth after he and Sonic warped the space colony to the other side of the planet and he disappeared without a trace. So how did he survive and why is he here in this dimension?

I then stopped worrying about the questions in my mind and decided that I shouldn't be afraid of Shadow, since I know that he is now one of the good guys. He might be able to explain why I'm here in this dimension and how a Chaos Emerald is in my possession. However, when I was about to say something to Shadow, he extended his arm towards me and opened his hand while he was saying in the cold voice, "Hand over the Chaos Emerald that you have in your possession, human."

I was surprised by the way Shadows' voice sounded, so I asked him as I took one step back, "What is wrong with you, Shadow? I mean, why are you acting this way, Shadow and what do you want the Chaos Emerald for anyway? "

That's when he said in a colder and angry tone of voice, "I don't have time to play any of your petty games, human! Now hand over the Chaos Emerald to me or otherwise I shall have to take it from you...by force!"

After I got the idea that talking to him isn't going to convince him that I'm not his enemy, I noticed a strange red glow in his eyes. They weren't their usual red color like they're supposed to be, but a crimson glow that makes Shadow look like he's possessed by an evil spirit or something. It's almost as if I can sense that this entity is purely evil. I don't know what exactly this spirit is or how it got into Shadow's mind, but whoever or whatever it may be, it wants the Chaos Emerald for something that won't be good for this world or the entire universe.

So I picked up my backpack and sealed it shut so that nothing would fall out when I decided to run. I then, while still holding the Chaos Emerald in my right hand, put the bag on my back so that I wouldn't have my hands full. But as the backpack hit my back I noticed something stiff and hard starting to irritate my spine, however I managed to ignore it.

I then held up my right hand that has the Chaos Emerald in it and said to the Shadow while pointing it towards him, "Alright Shadow or whoever you are. If you want this Chaos Emerald so bad, you have to go over my dead body in order to get it. "

I wish I hadn't said anything like that, but it was too late. With an evil, cold, grin on his face Shadow responded, "If that's the only way that I could get the emerald from you human, then so be it."

Then before I knew it, Shadow started to charge towards me at a high speed with the help of his hover sneakers trying to strike me with his fist. I managed to dodge the attack by jumping to my left side and then I started to run out of the dark alley at the speed of sound, literally. The object, other than my backpack, that is on my back wasn't bothering me like it did before as I continued to run. However, that's the very least of my problems; like an evil entity that took control over Shadow the Hedgehog's mind that tries to take the Chaos Emerald away from me by force.

As I continued to run at supersonic speed, I wasn't even too sure of where I was headed. I could've end up anywhere in Tokyo, Japan. I just prayed that wherever I'm running to that it would be where no innocent people would get hurt. When my lungs are starting to run low on air, I decided to stop to rest for a minute and when I finally did, I looked around as I breathed easy to catch my breath. I saw that I'm in an old, rusty, and abandoned ocean harbor that has a strong but beaten down wooden port along with old cargo storage buildings that look like they haven't been used in over decades.

As I begin to take in deep breaths of air, I searched all around the area to see if Shadow the Hedgehog is still on my trail because if he had caught up with me, Shadow would be in the area all out of breath right now. As soon as I saw that Shadow is nowhere to be found in the harbor, I started walking towards an old bench that I've found near a broken down lamp post. I put my Backpack and the green emerald on one side of the old bench and I sat on the other while still breathing in air while I tried to rest both of my sore legs. I then looked up at the sky and saw that it was starting to become dark and noticed that night would come soon, but at that moment I didn't care.

"I think I've.... lost him," I said as I continued to take in huge amounts of fresh air into my lungs. Boy was I tired.

When my breathing is starting to go back to normal, I started to relax my body in order to rest from all that running. I guess running at supersonic speeds, even with the power of a Chaos Emerald, can take a lot out of a person.

Just when I was about to rest my eyes for a moment, Shadow's cold and evil voice appeared out of nowhere, "Hpmh! That's what I wanted you to think, human."

The sound of his cruel sounding voice made me jump up from the bench and snatched my backpack with my left hand and gripped the Chaos Emerald I still had in my right even tighter. I looked around the entire area to see where the voice might be coming from. When I turned to a very dark alley way that's between two storage buildings, I saw a shadowy figure standing against the broken down brick wall of one of the buildings and it then started to walk towards me. When the figure came out of the shadows of the alley way and into a light of the silver moon in the sky, his entire image became clear and then Shadow the Hedgehog's entire image came into view.

My heart was still pounding really fast from the shock of Shadow's sudden appearance. Shadow was about 20ft. from the bench that I sat on before and I started to back away from the old bench slowly as Shadow started coming up towards me.

As I continued to back away from Shadow as slowly as I can, he started say in a calm but cruel voice. "Don't even think about trying to escape from me again, boy. With the power of the Chaos Control ability at my command, there's no way for you to elude me by simply running away."

Whoever is controlling Shadow the Hedgehog is right about one thing, whenever Shadow uses his Chaos Control ability, he could warp to almost any place on the planet without breaking a sweat. Even the speed of the U.S.'s most advanced stealth planes wouldn't be able to wear him with all the power they have, so the opinion of me trying to run away from Shadow is out of the question.

That's when I've decided that I going to have to fight Shadow the Hedgehog in order to free his mind from the evil entity's grasp. So I threw my huge backpack into another nearby dark alley that's about 99ft. away from where Shadow is standing. I then said to the dark entity inside of Shadow while I held up my right hand that held the Chaos Emerald in it towards him. "Alright you evil spirit, I know that you're not really Shadow the Hedgehog. So if you want this Chaos Emerald so badly, then you're going to have to fight me for it!"

That's when Shadow started to laugh like a madman and all of a sudden, I saw an aura of dark energy starting to burst from his body like a water fountain just like it did with me. He then started to shout out to me in the same cold voice he used before as the aura of dark light continued to sprout out of his body, "I would be more than glad to beat you down to oblivion, human. But I must warn you that once this battle begins, you won't be able to strike the first blow!"