Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16






      &nbs p;  As I watched the towering mutated form that was once Ixis Naugus hover in the sky above us, I started to think to myself, 'Oh my...Ixis has transformed again! This time, he's a hundred times more scary, not to mention uglier than he was before! What are we going to do against...?'
        
Whoa mama! Super Sonic said, while cutting off my thoughts in order for me to listen, Ixis must have really gone on a serious workout program in order to become that hideously bulked up monster!
         Yeah, either that or he went to a scientist in order to do it! Super Shadow shouted in response to his friend with a sarcastic tone of voice.
         Don't forget the fact that he's a big loud mouth too! I heard the voice of Hyper Knuckles adding while using an annoyed tone.
         That's for sure! Turbo Tails said as his teen voice became annoyed as the echidna's. Let's not forget that he's ugly too!
         Well, huge or not, he's still going down! I heard the voice of Sailor Moon shout while trying to keep a confident tone in her voice. The four of you still possess the power of the four Chaos Emerald that you've absorbed and he only absorbed three! And let's not forget that there's still a lot of us who are fully powered and there's still only one of him!
         Serena's right! shouted Sailor Venus in the same tone of confidence as her blonde friend. Just because that wizard's now all buffed up, with huge gnarly spikes to fit, doesn't mean that we all can't kick his loony butt!
         I agree with Mina on this one! Mars responded as I saw her starting to get into a fighting position as did the rest of her friends, Just because that freak's changed doesn't mean that he's weaker than the rest of us!
         At that time, I wanted to believe both Sailor Scouts had said, but I felt a bit too terrified and too focused on Univos Ixis's gigantic form for me to think otherwise. What I felt was incredible amounts of Chaos Energy I sensed coming out of the sorcerer's now enormous body as he stared at us with the eyes of a demon. It was so great that it nearly made me to quiver in terror. As if feeling that way was a cue for him to speak, Univos Ixis soon began to chuckle with the same evil tone that he gave out for when he spoke to us in his loud echoing voice.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! All of you mortals are pathetic! the dark warlock said to us as he continued to look at us with those demon possessed eyes of his. Do you really think that all of you are a match for me? Now that I've already achieved the first step of gaining the great power that would allow me to pull any world into my realm, all of you fools don't stand a chance against me! Soon this and every other universe will be groveling at my feet and there's nothing that neither of you could do to stop me! Ha! Ha! Ha!
         Do you really want to bet on that, Ixis? Sailor Jupiter said to Univos Ixis as I turned towards her direction and saw her looking ready to start fighting at any moment. Unlike some of the warriors that have tried to do the same thing you did, you seem to blow the most hot air that I've ever heard!
         I agree with the chick on this one, Ixis! I heard Super Sonic say as I turned to direction and saw his golden form starting to get ready for a fight as well, If you think that we're just going to lie down and play dead, think again!
         I'm with Super Sonic on this one! Sailor Uranus added to the golden hedgehog's words while facing the mad powerful wizard, Every villain who has tried to take over our world has fell at our hands! Do you think that you're going to take over this world so easily?!
         Do you hear that, Horn Head? Super Shadow's voice said to the evil wizard while I continued to look at his bewildered face. The people of this world are not like the people back on Mobius! If you want to take this world, then you're going to have not only us, but this entire planet as well!
         With those words finished by the once black hedgehog, I then turned my full attention back towards the large and ugly form of Univos Ixis and saw him looking a little bewildered for a moment. A minute later, the crazy sorcerer started to chuckle madly at what my two friends said.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! You mortals are so foolish! Univos Ixis said as I began to see the sorcerer starting to fly up towards the sky where the black dimensional hole that he created was. Do you honestly believe that the humans of this world have the strength and the power to stand up against me?! I have the power of the Zone of Silence along with the three Chaos Emeralds that I've absorbed in order to conquer this world with a mere thought, using the forces of the elements in order to level cities and countries! If you mortals believe that you all have what it takes to defeat and overpower me, then go ahead and be my guests!
         With those words finished, I saw Ixis starting to give all of us his shark like grin that he wore before, only this time it was ten times uglier than it was before. That was when I started to see the wizard beginning to raise his clawed hand towards us and saw a huge dark sphere of evil energy appearing out of it. Before I could have the chance to think about what the mutated sorcerer was planning to do, all of a sudden I saw Ixis throw the ball of dark energy towards our direction.
         Whoa! Is that guy nuts?! I heard the teenaged voice of Turbo Tails saying to all of us, That attack has enough power to wipe out an entire city!
         That was when I began to shout to every in the area while raising the Star Sword from my back again while pointing it towards Ixis's direction, Everybody attack now! If that ball of energy hits us, then it's all over for this world!
         After finishing giving the group my warning, I soon found myself swinging the blade of the mystic weapon in my hands and that was when I saw a blinding flash of electrical energy starting to jump out of its surface and starting to charge towards the huge ball of dark energy and sliced it in two as if it were nothing. When the dark sphere of energy was no more, the blade of electrical energy continued to charge towards a new target and that target is Univos Ixis himself. As soon as the electrical blade projectile hit its mark, I started to hear the voice of Super Sonic shouting to everyone in both sides.
         Well, what are you all waiting for? An party invitation? the hedgehog said with a serious tone of voice despite the remark he made, Start shooting at the freak with everything ya got and don't stop!!
         With those words said by him done, I turned back towards the others and saw that both the SEGA's heroes and the Sailor Scouts start readying themselves in preparation for their own individual attacks. Before I could have a chance to say something to them, I soon found myself listening to them shouting their own attacks and firing them towards Ixis, who was still hovering in the space of the sky near the black hole that he created. As soon as their attacks collided with the huge sorcerer, the explosion that the combined projectiles created was so immense that it made a powerful shockwave so strong that it nearly made me lose my balance while trying to keep myself up with my legs.
         When I was finally able to regain my balance, I turned my eyes towards Super Sonic and said to him, Sonic! You, the guys, and all of the Sailor Scouts keep up the attacks! Don't...!!
         Before I had the chance to finish the rest of my sentence, I suddenly heard the shouts of pain from the monstrous wizard and saw his huge mutating form starting to grow larger before my very eyes. Just before I could understand what I was doing, I, without giving any warning to the dark warlock, started to slash the Star Sword's blade towards the sorcerer's direction again and another blade of electricity started to charge towards Univos Ixis at full power and speed. But before the energy blade could have a chance to collide with the sorcerer, I saw the attacks coming from both the SEGA heroes and the Sailor Scouts combining themselves with the electrical attack that I had created before their combined powers collided with Univos Ixis.
         As I tried to once again keep my balance for when the combined attacks created a powerful explosion of light, I heard the voice of Hyper Knuckles shouting, Man! Doesn't that guy know when to take 'Down Time'?! It seems that no matter what we do, he always comes back for more!
         Tell me about it, Knux! I heard Super Shadow respond to the super-powered echidna words, That freak doesn't know when to give up does he?
         Well, isn't there a way to get rid of him?! Sailor Mercury said to the two Mobians as I turned and saw the expression on her face growing in fear.
         Well, we can't just.... I began to hear the voice of Sailor Neptune say before she was cut off by the echoing scream of Univos Ixis, who I saw break through the explosion of intense light as if it were nothing to him.
         While trying to understand what was happening, I heard the huge mutating sorcerer start telling us (while laughing at a joke that only he seems to get), Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that all you mortals could do?! That assault was only enough to cause me some small discomfort! If that's all you fools can do, then there's no reason for me to hold out your deaths any longer! But there's something that I need to do first. Hee! Hee! Hee!
         Along with those calm words that Univos Ixis had said to us, I also heard the voice of Turbo Tails saying to the sorcerer as I turned and saw the super-powered fox looking a him with an annoyed expression on his face, Just exactly what do you mean by that, freak?!
         Before I realized what was happening, I saw the dark warlock appear out of nowhere right in front of Turbo Tails and grab the red fox by the throat with his normal hand which gave him no fair warning as he's squeezing the very life out of him. So I started to charging towards the sorcerer with the Star Sword clenched in my hands ready to slice the huge monster in two, as I heard the horrified gasps of breath coming from the Sailor Scout group. Just when I started charging at Univos Ixis's huge form, I saw Super Sonic charging towards the sorcerer with an angry look on his face as he joined me in the attack.
         Let go of my little buddy, you freak! the golden hedgehog shouted to Ixis's form before I saw both Super Shadow and Hyper Knuckles joining the two of us in order to back us up.
         You heard what Sonic said, Ixis! the silver hedgehog said to the sorcerer as I saw him gathering energy in order to do his Chaos Spear attack towards him.
         Let Tails go right now! added the electric pink echidna as electricity was gathering all around his huge gloved fist.
         Or else! I finished as I charged towards Ixis while readying the Star Sword for a slash attack toward the ugly sorcerer's face.
         But just before the four of us were within Univos Ixis's range, I saw the wizard putting his free clawed-hand towards us and felt an invisible force coming from the claw which felt so strong that it made us freeze in place. I felt, at that moment, so stiff all over my body that I couldn't even feel any parts of my body as I tried to move them. As me and the three Chaos Emerald-powered Mobians were trapped within Ixis's invisible clutches, I saw the ugly sorcerer maintain his strong hold on Turbo Tails's throat with his normal hand while he turned and looked at us with an ugly smirk.
         What...are...you...planning to....do...to...my friend, freak? Super Sonic said to Univos Ixis while his voice struggled against the force that the monstrous wizard is using.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Doesn't it seem obvious to you, rodent? the sorcerer said to the golden hedgehog as I saw him shocking the two-tailed fox with dark electricity all around his body, I'm going to extract the Chaos Emeralds that you four Mobians used in order to transform into your supreme forms so that I can get one step closer to gaining infinite power. Starting with this young fox boy here.
         With those words said, I saw that Turbo Tails revert back to his small and regular form as a green Chaos Emerald appeared out of nowhere, and then he threw the young unconscious fox out towards the direction where the terrified Sailor Scouts were still frozen with fear. As soon as I saw Tails's unconscious body land near the ground where the Sailor Scout group was standing, Sailor Jupiter started running towards Ixis at an incredible speed. From the expression on her face, I knew that she wasn't pleased with what the sorcerer did to Tails.
         What you did to Tails was unforgivable, Ixis! she said to Ixis as she began to get within the sorcerer's range before shouting one of her attacks, Supreme Thunder Clash!
         I'm with Lita one hundred percent on this one! Sailor Venus said as she joined her attack with her own, Crescent Beam Smash!
         When I saw powerful bolts of electricity jumping out of Jupiter's hand while being joined with the intense beam of light, I began to struggle against Univos Ixis's invisible grip, as I watched the combined attacks coming closer. Just when I was ready to take on the after flow of the shock which these attacks was about to send, Ixis extended his normal looking hand towards those attacks that were about to collide.
         When I closed my eyes and prepared for the impact, Knuckles said to me with his adult voice, I wouldn't worry about being hit with those two attacks if I were either of you guys, 'cause look!
         When I opened both of my eyes, I was suddenly horrified because I saw the two powerful attacks stop in their tracks. I saw the energies of the attacks begin to go right into the palm of Ixis's huge hand, as they both disappeared from sight.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Nice try, ladies! the ugly sorcerer said to the two Sailor Scouts as I turned and saw the two of them, along with their friends, frozen with surprise and fear all over them, but it would take a lot more than what you two just threw to defeat me. Oh, and by the way, I believe that these belong to you two. Hee! Hee! Hee!
         With those words said, I then turned my eyes toward the wizard and watched helplessly as Ixis pointed his normal shaped hand towards the two frozen Sailor Soldiers.
         Dark Reflection! Ixis shouted as the energies within his hand began firing out and started to charge at both Jupiter and Venus.
         I also noticed that the reflected attack was not only more powerful, but it was strong enough to wipe out an entire area city block. So, without even thinking about what I was doing, I started shouting out the two words that would allow me to use Shadow's special ability: Chaos Control!
         Before I realized what was happening, I was warped through a tunnel between time and space, eventually finding myself right in front of the double blasts at the moment they were about to hit. Then, with the Star Sword still in my hands, I started to give the double assault a slash of its silver blade without knowing what I was doing.
         What in the world am I doing? I thought to myself as I watched the double energy assaults absorbed into the Star Sword's blade. It's like I can't seem to be controlling my own actions and yet, it doesn't feel like someone was controlling me against my will. It's as if I did something like this before, but...
        
My thoughts were soon cut short for when Sailor Moon said to her friends, Wow! Did you all see that?! Miguel was able to stop the attacks with just a slash from his sword!
         He not only did that, he also absorbed the full force of the attacks into Star Sword's blade! I heard Sailor Pluto saying to the leader of the Sailor Scouts as I turned and saw each of the Sailor Scouts looking at me with a surprised expression on her face. Even Tuxedo Mask looked at me with a shocked expression on his face.
         Now that is something that I find hard to believe! the costumed male said. A boy like him was able to harness the Star Sword in order to absorb both attacks with one stroke!
         But how in the world did Miguel manage to get here on time for when he, Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow were trapped by Ixis? I heard Neptune asked with a bit of concern as I turned towards her direction, noticing that she was holding Tails's unconscious body in her arms. It's just not possible!
         Before I could hear anything else, I turned my attention back towards Univos Ixis, who was looking at me with a rather sly grin on his face. I then pointed the Star Sword's blade towards the huge sorcerer, hoping to give the Sailor Scouts the answer to their question.
         The technique I just used to escape Ixis's grip is called the Chaos Control, I said as I kept my eyes on Ixis, who kept his menacing grin pointed towards me, It's a technique I learned so I could to warp through both time and space. However, now is not the time or the place to be talking about this. Right now, Ixis is giving me that evil looking grin on his ugly face.
         All said and done, I prepared the Star Sword's blade by pointing it towards the wizard and readied myself for any attack that he might try to use. But to my surprise, Univos Ixis began laughing his head off loud enough for everyone in the entire planet to hear. While trying my best to ignore it loud laugh, I turned my attention back towards Super Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, and Super Shadow, who were still frozen in their places due to our previous attack.
         Now what's so funny, sorcerer? I heard the voice of Sailor Uranus saying to the laughing dark wizard, What's going on in that head of your's that's so funny?
         With the Sailor Scout's words finished, I saw Univos Ixis still grinning at all of us with a shark-like smile that didn't ever seem to falter away.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! I'll tell you what's so funny, Sailor Scout, the sorcerer responded with a now calm voice as he continued to give us his evil grin, You see, the boy Miguel was able to use the Chaos Control technique that only the two rodent hedgehogs, Sonic and Shadow, knew which would allow them to escape my grasp. However...
         Before I could hear the rest of Ixis's evil speech, Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Hyper Knuckles suddenly started to scream in pain. The three remaining super-powered Mobians were now surrounded by dark electrical energy. And the huge clawed-hand of Univos Ixis was pointing in their direction. At that exact moment, I began to ready the Star Sword so I could launch an attack against the evil wizard.
         Stop hurting them this instant, sorcerer! Sailor Mars said to Ixis, as I continued to keeping my focus on his huge ugly form.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Not to worry, young lady, Univos Ixis said to the Scout of Fire as his grinning face was directed towards the Chaos Emerald-powered SEGA heroes, I'll release them as soon as I've obtain the very things I need to help me conquer this world.
         As if to respond to any questions that either me or Sailor Scouts have in our minds, the mutated sorcerer started squeezing his huge claw of a hand and the dark electrical current that surrounded the three Mobians began to intensify. Watching helplessly as the three remaining Chaos Emerald-powered heroes were electrocuted, they soon started to lose consciousness and suddenly three green Chaos Emeralds, each one hovering above their unconscious bodies, appeared out of nowhere, as they began to revert back into their original forms. Then with a single wave of his hand, Ixis threw the three now unconscious Mobians towards me. But before the three bodies had a chance to land on the hard ground of the moon's surface, I put one of the hands holding onto the Star Sword's handle in front and, without knowing exactly what I was doing, started to use it, along with my mind, to lift the Mobians in mid air.
         Whoa! Now what was that?! I thought to myself as I levitated the three unconscious Mobians to where the Sailor Scout group was and saw the huge mutating sorcerer, who was now holding onto four Chaos Emeralds. How was I able to get those guys telekinesis if I was not capable of doing it before back on my world?
        
As if to answer my question, I began to hear the low evil chuckle of Univos Ixis before he began speaking to me, Hee! Hee! Hee! Very impressive, human. I must say, that even without the use of the Star Sword, you are the most powerful human that I've ever encountered. However, I'm afraid that even you alone armed with that weapon are still be no match for me once I absorb the rest of these four Chaos Emeralds that I've extracted from your friends' bodies.
         Not if the rest of us have anything to say about it, you giant freakazoid! Sailor Moon said, while the rest of the Sailor Scouts prepared to launch an attack at him. Don't forget that all of us are still powered by the Power Rings that Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow gave to us a while back!
         Do you honestly believe that we are just going to let you get away with what you're doing? Sailor Pluto said to the huge mutating warlock with a serious tone as she and the rest of the Sailor Scouts started to power-up and ready their attacks.
         I happen to agree with Pluto on this one! Sailor Mercury said with the same tone of voice as the Keeper of Time. If you want to conquer this world so badly, then you're going to fight all of us!
         Just before I had the chance to say anything to any of the super heroes, I heard the struggling groans from the four Mobians as they each began to wake up. Sonic was the first to raise up from his unconsciousness followed by Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. When I saw the four mobians now fully awake, I began to hear Sonic say. Ixis! the blue hedgehog began to say as he struggled to keep himself up his feet, Ya hear that?! These girls aren't planning on giving up just because you've gained those four Chaos Emeralds! And don't forget that Miguel still has the Star Sword in his possession!
         That's for sure! I heard Shadow say to the huge wizard, Just because the four of us are reverted back into our previous forms doesn't mean that we can't fight you!
         I doubt that even you could take on all of us! Knuckles said in his normal voice while the red echidna got his huge white gloved fists ready, trying to stand on his own two feet.
         I'm with Knux on this one, Tails said as I saw the little fox trying to get on his feet, If you want this world that badly, then you're going to have to fight all of us! So give it your best shot!
         Guys! Don't act so foolish! You've just.... was all I could say to the four Mobians before Univos Ixis started laughing his head off to all of us. Hee! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! All of you mortals are so foolish! the huge mutating sorcerer said as he turned his ugly face towards us smiling, Don't you all realize that now that I've acquired the four remaining Chaos Emeralds, I am able to use all of their powers to help me pull this entire planet into the Zone of Silence? Don't you all forget that I also have the power to do...this!!
         With that, the sorcerer began waving his normal hand towards our directions. Before I knew what was happening, I quickly turned my attention back towards the Sailors Scouts and the four SEGA heroes. Each of the Sailor Scouts' attacks became neutralized as spheres of energy vanished from in their hands.
         What the...! That horned-creep just stopped our attacks before we had a chance to launch them! I heard Sailor Uranus say with frightful tone.
         How can that be possible!? her cousin, Sailor Neptune asked in the same tone.
         But before an answer could be given to her by either one of the Sailor Scouts or the four Mobians, Univos Ixis started levitating the four Chaos Emeralds that he extracted towards his body. Then, like he did with the three others that he possessed, I the sorcerer plunged the four Chaos Emeralds into his chest. With the four cosmic emeralds inside of his body, his entire huge form started to mutate again with his sharp spikes beginning to spark dark-colored electricity. I also heard the wizard start giving out his towering laughter again before beginning to speak to us in his most sinister voice.
         Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! Ha! I did it! he shouted with a bit of insanity. I'm now close enough to claiming this world as my own as well as gain the infinite power that I need in order to conquer the entire cosmos! Ha! Ha! Ha!
         Before I realized what was happening, I saw Ixis pointing his ugly mutating face towards me with an insane smirk on it. What are you looking at, weirdo? I asked the sorcerer while pointing the Star Sword's silver blade towards him.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Isn't it obvious about what I'm going to do, boy? Univos Ixis answered while starting to lift up his clawed-hand towards the sky, gathering amounts of dark energy within it, I'm going to erase you from this very plane of existence right now so that I can acquire the Star Sword so I can syphon the very power from within your body that I need to truly become unstoppable! Once that has been done, there won't be anybody standing in my way of universal domination! Now is the time to say goodbye to your so-called friends as you enter the netherworld!
         With those words finished, the evil mutating wizard threw the dark energy ball towards my direction as it whizzed through the air. Just when I was about to brace myself for the attack which was about to collide with me, a sphere of aqua blue energy collided together with the black one, causing the huge ball of dark energy to rebound to another direction. As Ixis's attack was thrown far from my direction and towards the farthest reaches of the moon's uninhabited surface, I turned around to see who exactly threw the blue sphere of energy. That is when I saw Sailor Neptune with her arm extending towards Ixis's direction.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Well, I must say that I am impressed, human, I heard the voice of Univos Ixis say to the Sailor Scout. You were able to intersect my attack. But do you honestly believe that you would be able to stop me from achieving great and unstoppable power?
         By myself, I couldn't stop you, Neptune responded with a determined look on her face, But don't you forget that I'm not the only one who is determined to stop your evil from spreading all across the entire universe. Isn't that right, Uranus?
         That's right, Neptune, her cousin responded with the same serious tone, There's no way that we're going to let a big ugly creep like you get away with what you're doing! Even if it means we die trying!
         You heard both Uranus and Neptune, Ixis! Sailor Moon said as both her and Tuxedo Mask stood firmly next to each other as the other Sailor Scouts readied themselves for another assault. We aren't going to let some nasty evil creep like you get away with this! Isn't that right everybody?
         I agree, wholeheartedly! said Tuxedo Mask, What about the rest of you? Are you all willing to fight to the end just so that this world won't have to suffer at the hands of this tyrant?
         After hearing the rest of the Sailor Scouts along with the four SEGA heroes shout their own words of approval, I looked again at Univos Ixis, before hearing the blue hedgehog's voice.
         Now that's something I've been waiting for you girls to say! said Sonic saying. You heard what we said, Ixis! If you're going to conquer this world, you're going to have to fight us all!


         Just before Ixis could give out one of his loud echoing laughter of amusement, I suddenly caught myself telling the sorcerer, while pointing the Star Sword's blade at him with both hand gripping tightly on its handle.
         You heard my friends, you ugly freak of nature! I shouted as I intensely kept focused on keeping the silver blade pointed at Ixis, If you want this so-called 'great power' from within this body of mine so badly, then you're going to have to work for it like everyone else!
         After a quiet moment passed, I suddenly heard the towering form of the sorcerer start to laugh madly together with his steadily growing body.
         HA! HA! HA! You pathetic mortals are serious, are you? Ixis said in a menacing calm voice while beginning to produce dark energy from within his now enormous human-like hand, Well, if that's the case, then it would appear that I have no choice but to exterminate you mortals from this plane of existence! Prepare to meet your maker as I launch my most powerful attack: the Sphere of Desolation!
         After he said those words, I quickly saw Univos Ixis extend his entire arm with the human hand into the sky. Before I realized what was happening, the dark energy that the mutating sorcerer was holding grew instantly, going from a spark into becoming a huge sphere of black Chaos Energy big enough to be considered a hot air balloon. I saw the ball of dark power being held in his human hand like that of a pillow. Then a thought suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized what Ixis actually had planned.
         Are you insane, Ixis!? I shouted to the wizard, That's enough power for you to destroy an entire chunk of the planet! Then you wouldn't be able to get that 'Great Power' that you wanted so bad!
         Oh, I'm not worried about that at all, Miguel, Univos Ixis said to me with an ugly grin on his mutated face, This attack is only going to merely vaporize all of you to dust while the Star Sword itself remains untouched! Once I've gained that powerful weapon, I'll be able to evolve into the ultimate being of chaos, that no other being has ever seen! Ha! Ha! Ha! Soon, the entire known universe and all other universal planes will tremble with fear at the sound of my name! HA! HA! HA!
         There's no way that we are going to allow that to happen, you freak! said Shadow the Hedgehog to the sorcerer just before shouting the two words for one of his attacks, Chaos Spear!
         As I saw the spears of yellow Chaos Energy starting to charge towards the huge sorcerer, they soon began to dissipate upon making contact with Ixis's huge mutated body. But before I could think about what could happen next, I saw Univos Ixis began to throw the huge sphere of dark Chaos Energy in our direction. As I kept watching the ball of evil energy continue to charge itself towards us, both Sailor Scouts and the SEGA heroes began shouting at each other, although the noise coming from the approaching attack made it impossible for me to hear. All I did at that moment was watch the ball of pure evil approaching us as time itself seemed to slowed down.
         Is this really the end for all of us? For all of us and this universe? I thought to myself with despair filling up my heart as I began to feel myself loosening my grip of the Star Sword's handle while keeping my eyes on the approaching black sphere, I mean, before Sonic and the guys reverted back into their original forms, the five of us combined with the powers of all the Sailor Scouts were not able to even put a scratch on him! Shadow's Chaos Spear attack was reduced to a mere spark! Isn't there someone, anyone for that matter, out there that can put an end to all of this madness?!
        
As if responding to my question, I suddenly felt my hands tightening their hold on the Star Sword's handle as I saw the blade beginning to glow with a silver light. I then found myself jumping up in the sky. The strange thing about what I did is that when I jumped, I found myself raising in the air towards the dark ball of Chaos Energy. As I heard the shouts from both the Sailor Scouts and the four Mobians yelling for me to get back down while still heading closer towards Ixis's attack, I began to swing the Star Sword's blade at the black sphere of energy with all of my strength. Just before I knew what was happening, I began to see the silver blade submerge itself into the sea of black energy and saw it begin to absorb the bits of Univos Ixis's attack into the weapon while entering its surface.
         As the Star Sword continued to absorb all of the Chaos Energy from the sorcerer's attack, I was finally able to hear Sonic say to everyone, Whoa, everybody! Did you all see what I just saw?! Miguel just swung that Star Sword at that huge ball of energy and is now absorbing it like it was nothing!
         Just then, as I saw the ball of dark Chaos Energy disappearing from sight, I heard the voice of the crazed sorcerer shouting at me angrily, Impossible! A mere inexperienced boy like you shouldn't be able to stop my attack so easily let alone harness the Star Sword's awesome power! It's just not possible!
         As I found myself landing on the ground on my feet without knowing actually how I was able to do it, I soon turned to look at the Star Sword's glowing silver blade in a state amazement.
         Whoa! Now that was something intense! I thought to myself, The Star Sword was able to absorb and gobble up Ixis's attack like a fat guy at an all-you-can-eat-buffet table! Now the question on my mind is where did all that energy that it absorbed go?
         As soon as I had finished questioning myself, I soon found the answer when the red star on the Star Sword's blade began to glow with intense crimson light. Then, just before I knew what was happening, I was suddenly surrounded by a green aura of light from head to toe. That was when I had an incredible feeling from within my body, similar to the one I felt when I absorbed the fifty Power Rings. This feeling felt like a horrible pain down in my chest which caused me to drop the weapon, holding my chest as the same time.
         As I tried my best to endure the pain, I began to hear Sonic say to me while using a rather worried tone in his voice, Miguel, are you alright, man? What's wrong with you? Did you have a heart attack or something?
         It must be all of that energy that he absorbed through the use of the Star Sword, I heard Shadow respond to the blue hedgehog's question with the same worried tone in his voice, When Miguel used his weapon in order to neutralize the power of Ixis's attack, it must've absorbed the Chaos Energy within it as well.
         But look at how he's feeling, Shadow! I heard the worried voice of Sailor Neptune saying to the black hedgehog. He looks as if he were in pain with all of that power inside of him!
         Before I had time to think about what was happening to me or have a chance to speak, I suddenly started to hear someone calling out to me in a calm tone while falling onto my knees and dropping the Star Sword simultaneously. The mysterious voice sounded almost strong yet ancient.
         Young human, I heard the voice say as I began to struggling with the feel of cosmic energy flowing within my body, You are a human that comes from a planet that is in the very middle of the entire cosmos. The very same planet that is in a universal plane where all other universes are born.
         When you had your first encounter with the powerful Chaos Emerald, it unlocked a part of you that knew what to do with its awesome ancient cosmic energies. The same part of you that also knew what to do with the mystical weapon that you know as the Star Sword, for use when the evil sorcerer unleashed his attacks upon you and your companions. Use the great weapon that you possess to unleash the great and ancient power that lies dormant within your body. Do this, for the Star Sword rightfully belongs to you and you alone. Save this universe from the dark sorcerer's evil and bring about peace to this plane of existence once again.
        
As soon as this voice finished, I started to think to myself, Okay, now that was weird. First I'm starting to get a heart attack and now I'm starting to hear voices in my head. Maybe I'm beginning to lose it through all of this pain like Ixis did when he absorbed the Chaos Emeralds. Now what...?
         Before I could finish the rest of my thoughts, I began to refocus my mind on trying to control the pain I had felt within my chest. The same great pain that was caused by the absorption of the Chaos Energy of the attack that Univos Ixis threw at all of us from before. While trying my best to contain the shooting pain that began to slither throughout my entire body, I heard the voice of Ixis chuckling at the same time, while he said to me, Ha! Ha! Ha! What's the matter, boy? Can't you contain the great power that you've just absorbed with the Star Sword? the wizard asked, with a tone of amusement in his voice, It seems that your body just can't take it! Now it would just be a matter of time before you give into the great pain that you're feeling so that I may step in and syphon out the great power enabling me to rule the entire universe! Ha! Ha! Ha!
         As I continued to try to control the pain within my body, I began to hear the voice of the same person or being that had spoken to me earlier telling me in a more serious tone of voice than before.
         Young human, don't you dare listen to what this foolish sorcerer says to you. What you're feeling at this moment is your own true power trying to come up to the surface. That same power is the key to stopping this madness, and to stop the doorway leading into the Zone of Silence from getting any larger in order for it to consume the entire planet. Now, all you have to do is just let the incredible power that you have inside of your body go and unleash it towards Ixis. Release it now!
        
As soon as the voice finished its speech, I began to feel the pain within me becoming more worse than it did before. Before I could do anything to stop the pain that was enveloping inside of my body, a sudden burst of green energy began to slither onto the surface of my skin. That was when I started to hear the voices coming from both the SEGA characters and Sailor Scouts shouting with both amazement and fear.
         Guys, look what's happening to Miguel! I heard Sailor Mars' voice saying, He seems to be in pain with all that power he's absorbed!
         I don't think that's the only thing that we should be concerned about, babe! I heard the voice of Sonic replying, Look at his skin! And his hair! It's starting to get a little larger than normal and it's turning green!
         Sonic's right, everyone! Shadow's voice responded, That energy that he'd absorbed from Ixis's attack must've been too much for him to handle! Now he's mutating, just like Ixis!
         But look! I heard Sailor Mercury saying, He's trying his best in order to keep his body from transforming into...who knows what!
         Well, whatever is happening to Miguel, Sailor Pluto said, I'm sensing a great power coming from within his body, trying to claw its way up to the surface! But Miguel wouldn't let himself to...!
         Before I could hear the final words come out of Pluto's mouth, the roar of Univos Ixis's voice suddenly appeared as he spoke, Hee! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! Ha! This little charade is meaningless to me! Whatever that boy thinks he's doing, it's just a waste of time! Now is the time for me to strip him of all that power and make it my own!
         After I heard the wizard said those words, I soon saw him begin to gather dark energy from within his human hand. Before I had a chance to respond to his actions, the pain within my chest suddenly re-immersed and I started to resist it again as best as I could. Just as I was about to give into the powerful sensation, I heard the same voice inside of my mind saying to me once more with the same tone that it used before.
         Young human, grab onto the Star Sword and recite the words that I speak through your mind!
        
Just what exactly is going to happen to me as soon as I finish chanting those words? I finally asked the voice while dealing with the pain that I'm going through while listening to Ixis laughing madly.
         It will enable you to use the sword in order to harness the powers of the Chaos Emeralds so that you can transform into your most supreme form and release the power that has been lying dormant within your body, answered the voice as it echoed throughout my mind. Now grab onto the Star Sword and chant the words that I'm saying in your mind so that you can claim your rightful power.
        
Before I had a chance to protest, I heard the voices coming from both groups, both the Sailor Scouts and SEGA heroes, shouting for me to get out of the way. When I looked back towards Ixis, I saw the mutated warlock gathering another portion of dark Chaos Energy within his large human hand. As Univos Ixis was readying to launch another powerful sphere of dark energy, I began to use my right hand in order to reach for the Star Sword despite the pain that I felt within my body. As soon as my hand made contact with the sword's handle, I began to hear the same voice in my mind saying to me with a more omnipotent tone in its voice:
         Now young human, raise the sword to the sky with your hand and repeat the words that I recite to you in your mind out loud, the voice said, as I did as it told me to do before it began to chant something that sounded like the words to a spell. You who crosses between light and darkness.
        
You... I said out loud while trying my best to recite through the pain of trying to keep the Star Sword's silver blade up in the air, You who crosses...between light and...darkness!
         You, who's body is as bright as silver, the mysterious voice continued with another sentences of words.
         You who's body is as bright as....silver! I repeated as I spoke out loud as I continued to endure the pain that I was feeling, maintaining the mystic weapon balanced in the air.
         Use your infinite power to call upon the powers of Chaos to me, the voice added.
         Use your infinite power to....call upon the powers...of Chaos to me! I said out loud as I began to see a shining silver aura beginning to surround my body from head to toe, immediately ridding me of the pain that I was feeling.
         Before I could hear what words the mysterious voice in my mind was about to chant next, I began to turn my attention back towards Univos Ixis, who was looking at me with a hateful look on his face before he began to shout at me with the sphere of powerfully dark Chaos Energy, now fully charged in his human-like hand.
         What are you doing, human?! What are the words that you've just chanted in order to summon this powerful force that I'm feeling?! I'll stop you from reciting the rest of the remaining words by destroying your earthly body!! Once and for all!!
         As soon as Ixis finished shouting, I began to hear the sounds of thunder crashing into the ground before hearing the voices of both the Sailor Scouts and the SEGA heroes shouting numerous comments about the scene that was happening. However, the sounds of lightning colliding with the very moon made it impossible for me to hear. But that didn't stop the voice from reciting the rest of the words to me through my mind.
         Human! Recite the last words to the chant that I say to you: Chaos! Surrender yourself to me and become one with my power! One with my body! And obey my commands!
        
Before I could telepathically respond to the mysterious voice that spoke inside my mind, I began to recite the last words of the chant, as my strength began to come back to me.
         Chaos! Surrender yourself to me and become one with my power! One with my body! And obey my commands!
         As soon as I recited those words, I began to feel a powerful surge of energy flowing within me. Before I could even think about what was happening, I saw a bright silver light begin engulfing my entire body from head to toe. While becoming surrounded by the silver-colored light, I ignored the enraged voice of Univos Ixis and started to concentrate more on trying to harness the energy that was bursting from within me. I wasn't even able to hear the voices coming from neither the Sailor Scouts nor the SEGA heroes, as my vision become blocked by a light curtain of silver radiance.
         Now that you've finally harnessed the power of the Star Sword, human, said the ancient voice as it began to fade from my mind, use the Chaos Energy that you've summoned to transform into your most supreme form. Now good luck and may our paths cross again someday, master.
        
As soon as the mysterious voice disappeared from my mind, I began to see the silver light fade away Univos Ixis, with a huge dark sphere of Chaos Energy was strong enough to wipe out the moon. But that wasn't the only thing that I had noticed. The look on Ixis's face was a mixed expression of both fear and insanity on it as he held the giant sphere of energy in his inhuman hand. That was when he began to say to me with a surprised and angry tone in his voice, You've transformed, human!! And now you've gained even greater power!! How is that even possible!?
         Before I could have a chance to respond to the evil mutating sorcerer's words, the Sailor Scouts and the SEGA heroes began talking amongst themselves.
         Everybody, look at Miguel! He has completely transformed! I heard Sailor Uranus say.
         I'll say! Miguel now looks stronger than he was before! Sonic responded as I saw the surprised expressions on each and every faces. And look at his hair! It's spiky and green!
         With those words, I released the grip from my left hand from the Star Sword's handle and began looking at myself. I noticed that the muscles on my arms were a bit bigger than before. I also noticed that my skin lighter than before. And just when I was about to turn my attention back towards the entire group of heroes to say something about my appearance, Ixis began shouting towards me with a tone of insanity in it, laughing manically.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! Well, it doesn't matter!! No matter how much you have transformed or how much power you have gained, I will still be able to conquer this world with the power that has finally emerged from your body!! Now prepare to die!!
         As soon as I heard the mad sorcerer finish his speech, saw him start to throw that huge sphere of dark energy at me with all his might. Just then, without realizing what I was doing, I started to fly though the air. In fact, I felt as though I was being levitated in the air by a strong invisible force that carried me. Suddenly, I began to swing the sword's glowing silver blade towards the giant ball of evil energy and then sliced it in two.
         Just as I saw the energy contained in the now shrinking ball of dark Chaos Energy being absorbed by the Star Sword's blade, the dark pulsing sparks went through my now-transformed arm and into my body. But what I felt from the energy wasn't something horrible, but actually soothing. It was as if the dark energy that I felt was transforming from being a harmful and destructive force to a peaceful and gentle one. As I was feeling curious about what happened, I heard the voice of Shadow the Hedgehog surprisingly say.
         Incredible! Miguel's just absorbed Ixis's attack as if it were nothing! Not only that but I could feel that the energy he just absorbed went from being negative energy to positive energy!
         Are you serious, Shadow?! I heard Sailor Jupiter ask the black hedgehog with a surprised tone in her voice.
         I'm afraid that Shadow is being serious about this, Jupiter! I heard Sailor Mars responding to her friend's question with a tone of amazement in her voice. What I'm feeling from Miguel is an energy that is even beyond that of Serena's Silver Imperium Crystal! Not only that, but..!
         That was when I heard the voice of Sailor Pluto saying, But the power that I'm feeling is not only strong, but ancient as well! More ancient than the powers of the Silver Imperium Crystal itself!!
         Before I could have a chance to respond to the words about my transformation, I quickly realized where I was and turned my full attention back towards Ixis. That was when I finally realized that the wormhole the mutating sorcerer had created got bigger than it was before. I also realized that I was right in front of the sorcerer who was now levitating, with all the great powers of the Chaos Emerald assisting him. When he was facing my direction in the sky, Ixis began to laugh softly. Then his laughter grew into a roar before he calmed and spoke to me while surrounding himself with a dark aura.
         Hee! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! Ha! I honestly didn't expect that it would come down to this! I guess now it's time to decide which of us is fit to use the awesome powers of both the Chaos Emeralds and the Star Sword as well as the 'great power' from within you! I've sensed that you were not able to fully harness its true force! However, that fact didn't stop you from transforming into your most supreme form!! Now prepare yourself, human! This battle of ours will determine the fate not only this universe but all other universal planes as well! Are you up to accept this challenge, boy?! Hee! Hee! Hee!
         As if responding to his question, I suddenly saw my entire body once again being surrounded by an aura of silver light as I began to say to him in a more mature adult tone, Well, if that's the case, I suppose that I have no choice in the matter. Very well, the two of us will battle to determine which of us is worthy of this so-called 'great power' that you speak of. As my friend Sonic puts it, 'Let's do it to it!'


         With those words said and done, the battle between Univos and I, the battle that would decide the fates of many other worlds, began.