Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel of Tears ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wind: HI! IT'S A NEW CHAPTER!

Le: Stop yelling.

Wind: NO! Ok so up till now not much action but, SOON THERE WILL BE!

Vash: (got yell in ear) @-@. Ouchy.

Knives: (snickers at vash) You know better then to walk in front of Wind when she's yelling.

Wind: K-Chan! (tackles) You called me my name. You love me!

Knives: NO I DON'T YOU STUPID SPIDER!

Wind: (sitting on K back) I do not own Trigun or Sailor Moon. If I owned anything it would be like heaven on earth and this story would be in the show. K, hope you enjoy and please R&R

Knives: GET OFF ME!!!!

@@@

The street was littered with derby. Most of the people ran, but some stayed to help the injured get away. The street was deserted when the humanoid typhoon stepped out, nothing moved. Vash jumped out of the way just as a whip imbedded itself into the spot he had been standing. The whip was pulled out by a busty woman with tight purple hunting clothes. She tossed her wealth of purple hair off of her pale face, allowing her pointed ears to poke out. From one ear a crystal fang hung.

"Your good," the woman started, "Not many could dodge that. My master wasn't being hasty sending me to get you."

"Who would you be, pretty lady?"

"I am the first general of the Crystalline Hunt, Amethyst. My master commanded me to capture you."

"Well I don-"

"Stop right there!" a voice form the roof above the two cried, "You have interrupted the sacred time of shopping with you evil intents. Then you farther your own crime by attacking a really hot guy! For that I will never forgive you! I am Sailor Moon and on behalf of the moon," a girl jumped off the roof and landed between Amethyst and Vash, "I shall punish you!"

Vash looked at Sailor Moon in shock, or rather her costume. It was one of the suits the girls he had seen from the fire. The white body suit, a 'short' yellow red and black skirt, and wings. Four more girls jump down after the moonchild. They are in similar outfits, minus the wings and each one is red, green, orange, and light blue.

"So you want to fight? Fine, SONIC LASH!" the whip started to glow as Amethyst sent a barrage of destructive blows toward the scouts. The others jumped out of the way but Sailor Moon tripped. When the attack was about to hit her, Vash pushed her out of the way, taking the attack in her place. The blond gunman was pushed into a wall, knocked out.

~~

"Vash."

Vash felt as though he was floating. His body was more relaxed then it had been since he was a child. There was no pain at all from his mangled body.

"Vash" that voice sounds nice, Vash thought, almost like Rem's, "Open your eyes Vash."

Slowly, his aqua eyes fluttered open then shot up. He was standing in a beautiful garden where everything seemed to have a silvery glow. To his right was an opening in a group of white trees, giving a lovely view of the earth. Vash was ready to blackout again when a light touch on his shoulder drew his attention to the owner of the voice. His heart skipped a beat at the sight of the beautiful white haired woman before him. Her kind silver eyes locked with awed aqua with a look that was almost as if she was looking into his soul.

"Vash," the beautiful woman said, "I am Selene. I need your help."

"With what?" He breathed out, still entranced by her.

"I need you to take the new power that my daughter to fight this new enemy. Here," she handed a silver locket with the design of a butterfly on the front to Vash, "Also here," she hands him a silver bracelet, "this will help you with your enemy. Now, hurry back and give the locket to Sailor Moon."

"But why are they after me?" Vash asked just before everything went black.

~~

Another explosion nearby jarred Vash awake. He was lying in an alley while the fight continued out in the shopping strip. The scouts were badly beaten while Amethyst was not even scratched. Vash looked at the bracelet, trying to figure out how it could help when he saw words inscribed onto the inside. "Storm of Sand? What does-" his pondering was cut short when a bright light engulfed him. When is died down, Vash's cloths were different. He now wore a black dress shirt and black pants tucked into calf high black leather boots. Over this was a tattered cloak that spread out like broken wings around him. Covering his face was a black, half facemask that had a fang on both ends that came onto his cheeks. His hair, that had gone slightly limp, hung around his head in pikes instead of standing up.

"Cool," was the only thing he said before running out into the battle.

~~

Cold blue eyes glared at the tall, blue haired man kneeling before the man hidden in the shadows, "You lost Vash?!"

"I am sorry master. After the explosion caused by that creature that attacked him, we could find no trace of Vash the Stampede."

A growl escaped the shadowed man, "Keep searching and look into the thing that attacked him."

"Yes master," the tall man bowed away.

Left alone, Knives let his worry show. That something other then he had bested his brother was a startling thought, but he would not let himself believe what the evidence and the emptiness he was feeling suggested.

"Vash can not be dead."

~~

Sailors Jupiter and Venus had been knocked out, Mars had two broken ribs and a fractured leg, and Mercury was pinned to a wall by pieces of debree. Sailor Moon stood alone against the superior foe. Amethyst prepared to finish the nuisance off with one final blow. Just as the Sonic Lash neared her, she was swept into someone's arms as they jumped out of the attacks path. For a moment, Serena thought that her Darien had come back from the US, and then she saw her savior. That blond, spiky hair seemed familiar but she could not place it.

Vash smiled at her as he put her down. Quickly, he rummaged through his pockets till he found the locket. He held it out to her, "Selene told me to give this to you."

The moon princess looked at Vash, startled, as she took the locket, "You know my mother? How?"

"There's no time. Go try to use that while I hold that purple chick off."

"PURPLE CHICK!! HOW DARE YOU!" Amethyst screamed as she sent another sonic lash at him.

Vash did a back flip out of the way and struck a pose, "Forget that attempt," he said with a goofy smile, "You may have magic power thingies but I'm too fast for you. I am the warrior of love and peace, hunter of the elusive mayfly known as love, the wanderer of time. I am. . .I am the Desert Knight!" he crossed his fingers into his form of a peace sign. Both enemy and ally sweat dropped while Sailor Moon got angry that he was using her description as the warrior of love and peace.

"Hmph," the evil purple chick tossed her hair, "you talk big but lets see what you can do!" as she yelled this she attacked with no mercy as Vash dodged, slowly being pushed to a wall. Without thinking, he called a small disk out of nowhere and threw it at his opponent. Somehow, it grew and surrounded her, trapping her in a ring.

"Wow, cool," Vash looked over at the stunned Sailor Moon, "Hey, what the hell are you doing? Use that thing, I don't know how long that thing'll hold."

"Oh, right," Moon said as she yelled out words she found inside the locket, "SILVER CRESCENT MOON, MAKE UP!"

A burst of silver light surrounded Serena, obscuring her from sight. When the light subsided, she was now in a different suit. The body suit and boots were now black, with a silver skirt and collar, the bows and gloves were white and tiny butterfly wings coming out of the back.

"Hey, that's a lot cooler then that other one."

"Thanks! Now," a silver wand with an upturned crescent on the top and butterflies down the shaft. "Um, lets see, uh . . . OK! CRESCENT BUTTERFLY SCREAM!!" this caused a stream of energy in the shape of butterflies to fly at Amethyst, who was barely able to dodge as the attack hit her leg. She rolled and clutched her leg in pain.

Silver Sailor Moon prepared to deliver the final blow when the Desert Knight stepped in her way, "Don't. No one has the right to take the life of anyone, even if they started it!"

"She's evil! If she's let go she'll hurt more people!" she yelled at him while she tried to get past. She only got a glimpse of the general disappearing into a portal. Serena turned to Vash and yelled, "You let her get away!"

"You didn't have to try and kill her!" Vash yelled back indignantly, "She could change if she's given the chance!"

As they were about to yell more a voice cried, "WORLD SHAKING!" and a yellow sphere was hurled toward the humanoid typhoon. He dodged the attack with ease and turned to see two more scouts. One was a tall girl with short golden hair with dark blue while the other had shoulder length, aqua hair and an outfit of aqua and dark blue.

Aqua moves to Sailor Moon's side ready to defend her from any attacks as Gold prepared to throw another sphere. It was diffidently time to go.

"Wow, to much tension for me, see ya!" Vash used his inhuman speed to get out of there.

"Are you alright?" Uranus asked as she returned from her attempt to follow the Desert Knight. After confirming that the moon princess was safe she moved to help the other scouts.

"Who was that?" Neptune asked as she and Sailor moon went to help the others.

"He said he was the Desert Knight. He sa. . ." Serena trailed off suddenly. Neptune looked at her with concern at this and asked what was the matter. The blond covered her mouth in horror as she looked around. "Where is Vash?"

~~

Amethyst kneeled before a throne. She had given her report and awaited her orders from her master. Even though she was looking at the dark floor she could feel the creature glare at her in hatred. It's deep, cold voice cut through the dark throne room.

"You failed to capture the carrier. You must be punished for this," with those words pain lashed threw the general's body, making her want to collapse but did not dare. She knew she would receive a worse punishment if she showed her weakness.

Finally the pain stopped when another person stepped into the throne room and kneeled beside Amethyst, "I have the report on the troops you asked for my lord," the person, a beautiful woman dressed in dark cloths with black hair and eyes, declared.

"Very good Obsidian. Tell me," the lord said as he waived his hand dismissively to Amethyst, "Leave."

She stood and bowed her way out of the room. Once outside the doors, the general leaned heavily against the wall, her mind returning to fight. `How could I loose to a child in a mini skirt!' she thought then recalled the Desert Knight. `That bastard will pay for this.'

She stood and started walking down the hall again. Worrying now would be a waist of her time; she could not change the past. `I need a drink.' she thought as she walked down the hall. All planets had alcohol in one form or another and she was going to get the hardest stuff the humans had.

~~

Vash walked through the streets searching franticly for the girls. He had gotten a safe distance away before he stopped to figure out how to change back to normal. After a few moments of testing he found out how to and was back to his civilian clothes and his hair back to normal.

Shortly after he was back to the demolished street, searching each shop for the five teens. He was beginning to panic when something attached its self to his leg.

"Vash your ok!" a small black haired child cried out in joy. Hotaru looked up at Vash with happy and relief in her purple eyes, "I was really worried!"

"Hotaru, what-"he looks around and sees the girls walking up to him, each looking extremely relieved. After each was sure that the others were fine they started back to the temple. The girls were each thankful that Amara and Michell had brought Hotaru along just in case.

~~

Amethyst glared at her glass of whiskey. The stupid drink was not strong enough, she was still partially sober. What use was a bar trip if you came out still conscience?

`My life officially sucks,' she thought as she sighed. `I should have ran when I had the chance.'

Another sigh escaped her as she ordered another drink. When she had first met the leader, she had been a young, naive fighter, fresh out of training. She had thought he was odd and did not like him much but it had been his son that had changed her mind. He was so loyal she had figured that he must be better then she had thought. How wrong that was. The moment she had agreed the bastard had bound her by magic to servitude. She had no hope of escaping it as long as he was still alive.

`Life really sucks.'

Downing the drink in one gulp, Amethyst stood and walked out of the smoky bar and into the street. She watched the happy and ignorant humans walk about, oblivious of what would happen when her so called `Great Master' Gorenom got what he wanted.

"Stupid humans."

Making her way to an alley to teleport turned out to be far more difficult then she had thought it would be as the alcohol finally kicked in. staggering about she ran face first into someone's chest. The person placed an arm around her to stop her from falling over after the collision. A surge of power surged from the person as a sense of caring and safety followed it. Amethyst had never felt anything like this from another person before, most only cared about themselves and few with this much power cared about anything.

"You ok?"

Looking up, the general found herself staring into worried aqua eyes. The darkness hid most of the man's fetchers in shadow, allowing only the outline of his face and obviously blond hair to be seen in the gloom. Her heart started to pound as an alien feeling filled her as she stared into those eyes that seemed to almost glow. She longed for light so that she could see the man's face clearly, not just the outline that hinted at the hansom and kind face that was most likely staring down at her. Something about the hair tugged at her hazy thoughts. When the reason for this came, it felt like her heart had stopped. This was the man she was supposed to capture.

"Hey, you-"

"Excuse me, could you release my friend or must I remove your arm?"

A thin young man stood under a street lamp. He was dressed in a white shirt and deep gray pants with knee high brown leather boots. His long purple hair was tied in a long braid that hung over his shoulder, shadows hiding the boys face from view. He leaned on a metal staff that looked like it could smash open someone's skull without any trouble.

"Well?"

Vash looked at the guy, unwilling to let some unknown person take the woman. He had just stepped out to take a small walk around. Not long after he had found himself completely lost when the obviously drunk woman had bumped into him, now some weird guy with a weapon. He was just having the best fricken life ever.

The woman looked at the other man for a second, "Hey Talon, since when do you have two heads?"

The young man shook his head before speaking to Vash again, "Look, she is a friend of mine and I was sent to make sure she didn't get lost while she's drunk."

Vash stared at him for a while, trying to judge if he was being truthful but found no reason to doubt him. Passing the woman to him he watched as they disappeared into the darkness. Turning he made his way toward a building hoping to find someone who could help him.

~~

in the Cherry Hill Temple Serena sat telling the story of what had happened with the Desert Knight. It was obvious that this new enemy was after Vash for some reason but the stranger was an unknown factor in this mystery.

"I think we can trust him," Serena stated yet again.

"He could be with the enemy and trying to win our trust." Luna told her charge.

"We can't know anything for sure till we get more information." Amy said trying to calm the others down with a logical answer.

"Come on, you side with use right?"

"Amy you can not think this is all a coincidence!"

"AMY!"

A chuckle came from the doorway, making everyone freeze.

"We leave you guys for a little while and this is how you act. Tisk, tisk. You should be ashamed."

The group turned to see the figures of the three Starlights standing in the doorway in their male forms looking amused at the girls.

"Yo."

@@@

DUDES! THIS IS EIGHT PAGES SO BE HAPPY! NOW PLEASE REVIEW! REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!! And please review