Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Pearls of Experience ❯ Reunion, an Unruly Patient and Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Trigun or Sailor Moon

Sharem: Hi everyone…^_^ I know, I have other stories that I need to finish but this one just wouldn't leave my mind. This is my first story in the Sailor Moon Crossovers section and the story takes place after the end of both anime.

Pearls of Experience

Chapter Three - Reunion, an Unruly Patient and Memories

Wolfwood gave his friends a sheepish grin and ran a hand through his dark hair. "Yeah…is everyone surprised?"

Before anyone could say anything, Vash rushed over to his friend and gave him a huge hug. "You're not dead!" he bawled, tears flowing out his eyes like a waterfall.

Ami sweatdropped as she watched the legendary gunman act like a complete loon. She saw the priest gasp for breath and knock the golden haired man on the head.

"Why did you do that?" Vash asked, his eyes watering.

"Because I couldn't breathe needle-noggin!" Wolfwood yelled, his voice sounding exasperated. However, Ami could tell be the expression on both men's faces that they were happy to see each other. She turned to look at the two women and smiled softly when she noticed the tender and teary look on Millie's face as the tall woman gazed at Wolfwood.

"Mr. Priest…" Millie said quietly, gaining the attention of the aforementioned Wolfwood. They both stared at each other for a couple of minutes before embracing each other. The dark haired man gently stroked the tall woman's cheek and wiped the tears that were threatening to fall off of her face.

"Please don't cry, Millie," he whispered.

Millie looked into Wolfwood's eyes and hit him in the arm. "Don't die on me again, please…" she pleaded softly when he protested about getting hit.

Ami sighed quietly as she watched the loving scene before her. It had been too long since anyone held her in the same way that Nick was holding Millie. The former senshi turned around to look at Meryl and Vash. She smiled at the other couple and motioned at them to follow her into the kitchen. She surreptitiously grabbed the bags of food that Wolfwood carried into the house and took them into the kitchen with the black haired insurance woman and the broom-haired gunman behind her.

Once they were there, the blue haired woman placed the bags onto the kitchen table and started pulling out some small boxes of food from the local restaurant. "I don't know what Nick got this time, but this restaurant has decent food for a small town," Ami remarked, trying to strike up a conversation.

Meryl only nodded as she watched the petite woman set the small boxes on the table and then busy herself in gathering plates and eating utensils. 'I wonder how she met up with Wolfwood,' she thought to herself as she turned her gaze towards Vash. 'I also wonder how he came back to life…the three of us buried him behind that church.'

"I don't know what Wolfwood got, but it sure smells great," Vash exclaimed as his stomach rumbled in agreement.

Ami laughed slightly and Meryl shook her head. "But I bet it would be better if they were donuts, right Vash?" Meryl asked facetiously.

The turquoise eyes of the gunman sparkled with life as he nodded with enthusiasm. "You bet!" he answered, causing both women to laugh.

"How about I give you some cookies?" Ami asked as she went over to the counter and pulled out a couple of sugar cookies from a jar. She handed them over to Vash and shook her head as he practically inhaled the treats.

"You act just like someone I used to know when I was younger…" the doctor whispered to herself, but the gunman had heard her. He raised an eyebrow at her and was about to ask when Meryl asked a question.

"Doctor Mizuno, can you direct us to a hotel?" the black haired woman asked. "I know that Millie and I are tired and…"

"No, you are all going to stay here, Miss Stryfe," Ami interrupted. "This house is big enough for everyone and you would save your money if you stayed here."

Meryl thought for a moment and nodded. "That does make sense, Doctor, but I don't want to impose on your hospitality."

"There is no imposition and please, call me Ami, especially since you are friends of Nick's." The blue haired doctor smiled at the Insurance girl. Meryl nodded and smiled in return and then both women looked at Vash.

"Vash, why don't you get our bags from the jeep and bring them inside?" Meryl asked the gunman. He nodded and left the kitchen. Meryl then turned to face Ami. "Thank you for letting us stay here. To be honest, I don't know how long we will be staying. Also, please call me Meryl."

Ami shrugged and busied herself in opening the food boxes and spooning the contents onto the plates she gathered earlier. "It doesn't matter to me, Meryl, on how long you all will be staying. The only company I have had for the past month or so was Nick and I do miss having friends around."

Meryl decided to help the other woman and began looking around for glasses for the big bottle of water that Ami just found in the bags. That was when she decided to ask about Nick. "Um…Ami…I know that the following question probably is person and I won't be offended if you don't answer," the black haired woman began, "but I just need to ask it anyway. How did you meet Wolfwood and why is he alive?"

The former senshi froze at the question and sighed as she put a container down on the table. "It is a very long story, Meryl, which would take up your lifetime," Ami answered, a trace of sadness in her voice. "But sufficed to say, Nick was brought back to life and we became friends. Maybe someday, I'll be able to tell my whole story from the very beginning when I was much younger."

Meryl nodded and thought that it would be best to leave the young looking woman alone with her past for now. At that moment, Wolfwood and Millie came into the kitchen, a look of adoration on the tall woman's face. The short haired woman smiled at her friend and partner, happy that she is happy with the man she loves back in her life. She sighed for a moment before finishing with the glasses and water.

Ami watched her guest for a moment and somehow knew that something was bothering the other woman. 'She really cares for Vash,' the senshi thought to herself as she showed all of her guests, minus Vash and Knives, to seats at the table. 'I think I shall take a page from Minako's book and try to get Meryl and Vash together. I was never any good at matchmaking…but I'll try my very best.'

After dinner was finished and the kitchen cleaned, Ami showed her new friends to their rooms. They got settled in and Vash compelled Wolfwood, Meryl and Millie to go with him to the bar to have a few drinks but the doctor declined. She told them that she needed to keep an eye on her patient to make sure that there was nothing else wrong with him. As they were leaving, Ami grabbed a hold of Wolfwood and Millie and pulled them aside, leaving Vash and Meryl to wonder what was going on.

"Nick, Millie," Ami whispered, "I need you two to help me on something."

Wolfwood raised an eyebrow and Millie smiled in her contagious way. (AN: I love those type of smiles…^_^) "What would you like us to do?" the priest asked, his arm snaking its way around Millie's waist. This action caused the tall woman to blush and a sparkle appeared in her eyes.

The doctor fidgeted for a moment and murmured to them in a tone them spoke of scheming, something that is a little out of character for the former senshi. "Could you two help in getting Meryl and Vash to realize their feelings for one another?"

Millie brightened up at the question and nodded emphatically. "Oh, of course I will help!" she exclaimed. "Meryl does love Mr. Vash but never shows it to him."

Wolfwood chuckled and grinned at the two women. "You bet, Ami. That needle-noggin needs someone strong like Meryl to keep him in line."

Ami laughed quietly at her friends' words and waved at them as they left the house and headed to the bar with Vash and Meryl. When they were out of sight, the woman closed the door and went up the stairs to check up on her patient. During dinner, she learned a lot about her new friends and her patient. She knew that they were holding some things back from her but Ami did not mind. She was holding the information about herself from them about being a senshi, among other things.

She was about to go back into the kitchen when she heard a thumping noise from upstairs. Ami hurried up the staircase and heard a lot of cursing and thumping from behind the door that led into Knives' room. Shaking her head, she knocked on the door.

"Is everything alright in there?" Ami called out knowing that everything is probably not okay.

More thumping could be heard and then a crash. "Mind your own business, you filthy spider!" an angry voice answered back.

Breathing slowly, Ami opened the door and her eyes opened wide at the view before her. One of the chairs that were in the room was overturned, the bedcovers were tangled and on the floor, and Knives was on the floor cradling his broken arm. She blushed furiously as she realized that her patient was naked and did not have anything covering him up. Quickly, she entered the room, grabbed a blanket and threw it around her patient.

"You…you should keep yourself covered," Ami replied in a quiet voice. "You might catch a cold or something."

The blonde man made a scoffing sound and glared at the doctor. "I am not some weakling, spider, which needs to be watched all of the time. When I am fully healed, I am going to kill everyone, including you!"

The former senshi sighed as she grabbed Knives by the shoulders and pulled him towards the bed. The look he gave her was one of disgust, but she ignored it. "No one has the right to take the life of another," she whispered softly as she heaved her patient back onto his bed. She then took a look at his eyes and was taken aback at the coldness in their cerulean depths. There was something else flickering in his eyes, but Ami could not determine what it was.

"And why would you say that?" Knives coldly asked Ami, his eyes not letting go of her own sapphire ones.

Ami took in a deep breath and stared back. "It is because I am a doctor, sir, and I took an oath to save lives, even a life such as yours deserves saving."

Knives appeared to be puzzled at the doctor's words for a moment and then scowled, diverting his attention to the window. He closed his eyes, hoping that the female spider doctor would just leave him alone. He then felt a gentle touch on the wounds on his legs and he cracked open one eye to see what was going on. He saw Ami check the bandages on his legs and then pull the blanket up to cover his body. Needless to say, Knives was disconcerted.

"Luckily, you didn't reopen your wounds," Ami remarked as she took out a set of keys from a pocket on her doctor's coat. She went over to one of the cabinets and unlocked it and took out a small bottle. She locked the cabinet back up and opened the bottle and took out a couple of pills from it. She then handed the pills to Knives.

"I know that you are in pain right now and I am positive that you would not like another injection," the doctor replied as she got a contemptuous glare from her patient.

"How did you know that I was in pain?" Knives asked, concealing his curiosity for her empathy with loathing for the woman standing next to his bed and stared at the pills.

Ami shrugged as she left the room and came back a couple of minutes later with a glass of water. "I've been able to feel the emotions of others for quite some time now," she answered truthfully. "It comes in handy for my line of work. Anyway, your brother told me that your name is Knives. Let me introduce myself…I am Doctor Ami Mizuno."

"I have no need of your name, DOCTOR!" Knives snapped, the last word dripping with acid.

The former senshi tried handing the glass of water to her patient but he refused to accept it. She sighed and placed the glass on the nightstand and faced the man once again. "Look, I know that you do not want my help, but I am going to help you anyway. I can sense your physical pain, Knives," Ami responded and then thought to herself, 'but I can sense a deeper, emotional pain as well...' "And trust me; I know when a person is in pain."

The pale blonde man snorted and thrust his gaze once more at the window. "What would a human spider like you know about pain?" he sneered, his left hand gripping the sheets of the bed.

"I know more about physical and emotional pain than you will ever know," Ami sadly whispered, her voice quavering slightly. "But despite all that I have been through, I will still always help those in need, whether they want it or not." At that, the former senshi of Mercury turned around and left her patient to his own thoughts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Queen opened her eyes to reveal bright blue eyes that once held laughter, kindness and loyalty. The eyes now revealed sadness and determination. "Sailor Mercury…you will never be alone…"

The Mercury Senshi let her tears flow freely down her cheeks, not once bothering to wipe them from her face. "But Your Majesty, if you die, I will be alone…" she cried, cradling Neo-Queen Serenity's head gently. "I do not wish to be alone."

Serenity flashed a smile that made Sailor Mercury feel at ease, even if just for a moment. "You will see us again, although not in the forms you will recognize…do not fret, Ami, for this has been fated to happen ever since we realized we were the senshi of the solar system."

The Queen coughed, blood coming out of her mouth. Mercury tried to keep her monarch still, but Serenity would have none of it. She closed her eyes for a moment and a silvery shimmering light formed as the Ginzuishou appeared in front of the Queen's chest. She took the crystal and handed it to her last remaining senshi.

"Sailor Mercury, Ami, I entrust you with the Ginzuishou. Protect the crystal until you find a place that has need of its strength and power. This place will be like a desert yet human life will thrive…*cough cough* The Ginzuishou will make the place thrive with life…*cough*"

"Please, Usagi…don't talk anymore…" Mercury sobbed.

"We will be reborn…"

Ami woke up suddenly, her forehead covered in sweat. She sat up in her bed and realized that it was still night time. She could not understand why she was suddenly having dreams of the past. She lied back down on the bed and tried to go back to sleep, but the memory of the dream kept running through her mind.

'I might as well get up,' she thought to herself as she rose from her bed and pulled on a light blue robe. She tied it tight around her and put on a pair of ordinary slippers as she walked out of her room. She stood in the hallway for a few minutes, listening to the sounds of the night and of the sleeping guests. Ami smiled to herself as she heard the snoring from Vash and Wolfwood and the gentle murmurings from Meryl and Millie.

The former senshi silently walked down the hallway to the stairwell. She was about to go down the stairs when she heard moaning coming from Knives' room. Ami in good conscience could not let the sound of pain go so she entered her patient's room as quietly as she could. She could barely make out his masculine form in the darkness of the room but she could tell that he was having some sort of nightmare.

Ami went over to Knives' bed and gently sat down on the edge of it. She ran her hand through his pale blonde hair, marveling at how soft it was. She stayed that way for about twenty minutes until his movements calmed down and his breathing became even. That was when she knew that he was no longer being plagued by bad dreams.

Just as Ami was about the door, she heard Knives mumble something in his sleep.

"Rem…"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: I think I like how this chapter turned out…^_^ It took awhile to get to a computer to write this chapter, but I think it was worth it…^_^;

Oh, I almost forgot…The title of this story came from a line in the song, Experience Pearls, by Ace of Base and the story is loosely based on it as well. If anyone has heard this song, it is extremely beautiful and I would like it if any writer out there could write a songfic with this song in any genre they write in. If so, I would love to read it…^_^