Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon & Arisugawa Juri: Converging Paths ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Moon & Arisugawa Juri: Converging Paths
Part Two
 
It was nearly a week later, and Juri was having a hard time keeping that day out of her thoughts. Dancing had been fun, but Juri knew how dangerous this situation was. Ami had felt good in her arms, but Juri knew that she was straight and therefore unavailable. 'So why,' she thought ruefully, 'am I thinking of her in that way?'
 
The noises had been getting louder, but it wasn't until someone ran screaming by her office window that she was roused from her thoughts. Ducking her head out the window, she was greeted to a remarkable sight: the Sailor Scouts in battle! She left her office quickly, joining the crowd outside watching the fight!
 
There were several monsters and the scouts struggled to keep them away from people. Juri, realizing the crowd's danger, used her authority as a teacher to force the students back to their classes. Her heart sank as she watched the monster with a sword drive Sailor Uranus and her saber back but Juri realized something: she could take that thing out. Without even thinking about it, she sprinted back to her office and pulled the decorative sword down from the wall.
 
'It's a piece of junk,' Juri thought, 'but it'll have to do.' Back outside, she watched Uranus fight, waiting for the right moment. 'I know that fighting style,' Juri thought as she watched Uranus move.
 
Suddenly, she saw her opening and stepped in, crossing blades with the monster effortlessly. Uranus gapped at her a moment then she gasped “What do you thing your doing?”
 
Juri concentrated on the fight but replied, “Saving you some time.” Several strokes later, the creature's sword went clattering to the ground. “Now!” Juri barked, dropping out of Uranus's way. Uranus's sword sliced across it's form and it disappeared in a flash of light. Suddenly, Juri realized where she had seen Uranus' fighting style: when she had fought Haruka in a practice duel...
 
"Are you all right, ma'am?" Uranus asked, looking at her searchingly.
 
"I'm fine," Juri answered, thoughts racing. Looking at the scouts she realized she knew them all; Ami, Usagi, Rei, Minako, Makoto, Michiru, Setsuna and Haruka. 'Now what?' she thought.
 
She found herself avoiding them, the next few days. It wasn't really intentional, but she wasn't sure what to say to them. “Hi, I know you're Tokyo's greatest heroes,” didn't seem quite appropriate. somehow.
 
* Knock*Knock*
 
She looked up, then just froze as Haruka silently closed Juri's office door behind her. She smiled and sat in the chair on the other side of the desk. "What's going on?" Haruka asked, giving her a thoughtful look.
 
"I don't know what you mean," Juri waved it off.
 
"You've bailed out on us three times in as many days," Haruka said to her dryly, "that's pretty unlike you, Juri." She studied her thoughtfully for a few moments then asked, "Is there something that's bothering you?"
 
"Got a bit of a surprise," Juri said frankly, "and I'm trying to come to grips with it."
 
Haruka smiled slightly, "You know, don't you?" As Juri stammered a denial Haruka shrugged, "It's all right, Juri, it happens."
 
Juri hesitated, then just decided to put her cards on the table, "You and the others... you're Sailor Senshi, correct?"
 
"What gave it away?" Haruka asked curiously.
 
"Watching all of you fight," Juri admitted, "especially you." She smiled as she studied Haruka, "You're oddly unbothered."
 
"Part of the way our powers work protects us from discovery," Haruka calmly explained, "it's part of why we don't get recognized. It also keeps people from believing evidence unless we transform right in front of their faces." A faint smile, "Ami's the one worried."
 
"Huh?" Juri blinked, "Why?"
 
Haruka looked off in the distance, "Usagi had a good friend, maybe even a best friend named Naru who figured out she was Sailor Moon."
 
"And?" Juri prompted Haruka once she stopped.
 
"She dropped out of Usagi's life after she figured out," Haruka said bleakly, "Naru avoids her like the plague. I think Ami's a little worried you'll do the same."
 
"Why would Ami...?" Juri tried to sound casual, but a blush colored her cheeks.
 
Haruka gave her a look, "I did notice you two at the party.. not to mention how she's been looking at you."
 
Juri's blush deepened slightly and she looked away. "Don't worry," she said firmly, "I have no plans to disappear."
 
"Good," Haruka nodded, getting up to go, "and thanks."
 
A few hours later and Juri got out of her car, closing the door as she looked up at the apartment building thoughtfully. "Wonder if I should have phoned ahead?" she murmured to herself softly as she walked up.
 
"Yes?" Ami's voice asked as Juri hit the intercom switch, her voice quiet and gentle even through the electronics.
 
"Hi," Juri said softly, "can I come up?"
 
"Please," was Ami's answer as the system buzzed Juri in. A few moments later Ami met her at the door, the blue haired younger woman smiling as she said, "It's good to see you."
 
"Me, too," Juri agreed, following Ami inside. While the other woman gracefully made them some tea Juri sat nearby at the dining room table and quietly said, "I'm sorry for acting like a jerk these past few days."
 
"Haruka phoned me," Ami brought over the cups and sat down beside Juri, "so I know why, at least." She gave Juri a sympathetic look, "Are you all right?"
 
"I've seen some pretty odd stuff before," Juri said reassuringly, thinking of her time at Ohtori academy, "I guess it was just a bit of a surprise."
 
Ami smiled faintly as she drank some of her tea, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "I remember how I felt after learning I was Senshi," she agreed, "a surprise was an understatement."
 
For the next few hours they talked, each one trying to out strange the other as they talked about their pasts. Ami's adventures as a Senshi were entertaining to say the least, and Juri did her best to match it with her time among the duelists and the competition for the rose bride.
 
"I can't quite believe how... calmly you relate how Usagi temporarily died," Juri said wryly as she drank some of her fresh cup of tea then continued quietly, "if something like that happened to you I don't know what I'd do."
 
"Trust me, we weren't calm," Ami said wryly, reaching out to put a hand over Juri's. She looked searchingly into Juri's eyes, "Do you mean that?"
 
Juri looked down, feeling a bit of color rise to her cheeks. "You've become very important to me," she said honestly.
 
Ami reached out to put a hand over Juri's, squeezing it gently. "Me, too," she agreed, "I was scared when you disappeared on us."
 
"I didn't mean to," Juri sighed. She studied Ami and said, "I have to admit I'm feeling a bit confused right now."
 
"I thought I was being pretty clear, actually," Ami said mildly, giving Juri's hand another squeeze. Faintly she confessed, "I'm very attracted to you."
 
Juri felt mildly stunned at Ami's courage, especially considering how shy she usually seemed. "Me, too," she admitted, "but..."
 
"Yes?" Ami asked gently.
 
"I was very.. drawn to the boy you resemble," Juri admitted, "and I'm worried I'm just displacing my feelings for him on you."
 
Ami looked amused, "It could just be he and I are the type you like."
 
"Maybe, but I'd like to take this slow," Juri said gently.
 
"How slow?" Ami sighed softly.
 
Juri reached out to brush some hair away from Ami's face, "Actually I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date to start."
 
"I'd like that," Ami smiled happily.
 
End.
 
Notes: This actually is a VERY old idea I had that I had originally abandoned. However I dug it out and decided to try to "fix" it, and I'm not quite sure it works. I cringed a bit at the overuse of commas as well as some awkward sentences, most of which I clipped. It reads a bit "Mary Sue" ish with Juri, too, but I'm not sure if it could be helped. Chapter One is pretty much as it was first written, part two is mostly newish.
 
Original Summary: Ten years after R.G. Utena, Juri finds herself caught up in the lives of the scouts, and rediscovers her own heroic qualities, as well as the courage to make changes in her life. Juri is a professor at a Tokyo university, and is unhappy with her situation. She meets Haruka (Sailor Uranus) in her boys uniform, being attacked by a gang and helps her drive them off. She and Haruka become friends and she introduces Juri to Michiru (Sailor Neptune) and her friends.