Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Upstaged ❯ Koorime ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

KB- The movie is never as good as the book and the anime is never as good as the manga

Soffia- ~sweatdrop~ `has she lost the rest of her sanity? Not that she ever had sanity…' KB what are you mumbling about??

KB- Don't get me wrong I love anime. But they cut out so much of the manga and dubbers are stupid.

Saceria- Agree with ya there at least.

KB- I'm reading the YYH and YGO mangas right now and the anime series leave out so much. The only one I've found that's better is Sailor Moon Stars.

Soffia- ~sweatdrop is growing~ Um, you'll have to excuse my mistress. She's a bit lacking in the head and is always making random comments like that.

Disclaimer: KB doesn't own YYH, SM, or RW. I do however own the four girls and Elowin.

KB- Ok, you've made it this far. I think I'm going to start using more Ronin Warriors later in the fic, if you don't know anything about them then read the intro to a later fic in this series "Reawakening." I give full information on the series. Warning: Gory content ahead.

Saceria- Ok you guys are having way to much fun, BEGIN!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Poke, poke

"Five `ore ~yawn~ `inutes."

Poke, poke

"I said `eave me `lone." `Man that's annoying'

Poke, poke, poke, poke, "Aw come on Kuwabara, we have to leave!!"

One eye opened slowly taking in its surroundings. Yusuke stood over the sleeping oaf with an irritated look on his face, "I mean gees, Kurama and I have been up for hours and god knows where Hiei is." Kuwabara opened the other eye and sat up with a yawn. He eyes suddenly narrowed as the wheels began to turn, "What about Botan, and the other girl, Li right?"

Yusuke sighed and plopped down on the grass, "Botan had something important come up, and she said that we could find the way with this." He held up a silver pendent that was held up around his neck. When he squeezed it the pendent began to glow before projecting a 3D map of the Makai with a little red dot blinking where the group was sitting. He put it away and looked Kuwabara back in the eye, after motioning for Kurama to come sit with them Yusuke mumbled, "Li ran off after I asked her what she was hiding from us. I told Hiei right after he woke up so that's probably where he is. She said something about if we don't save this woman that somebody and the twins will never be born." Yusuke and Kuwabara leaned together and tried to get their brains to make something of this but Kurama stood and walked carefully into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Realization had dawned on the ancient Kitsune the moment Yusuke had repeated Li's words. `Could it be? Is it possible that she's… no, it couldn't be. Could it? Well that would explain why she looks so much like Hiei…' Kurama was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice where he had walked to until he was hanging off the edge of a cliff. The rocks beneath him had fallen when he walked off the edge and he hadn't heard them land yet. It was eight minutes before he heard a light "ker-plunk" in the darkness below. His right hand had a loose grip on the rock facing above him and his left was groping for a place to hold. Looking up he saw pure blue with speckles of white, the sky. He couldn't see any plants to help him and he was too busy with his hands to get a seed. He still hadn't found a hold for his left hand but his right was slipping. He made one last desperate attempt to find a hold before falling but failed. He slammed his eyes shut as he lost his grip but he suddenly felt a hand tightly holding his wrist. He opened his eyes again to stare into failure blood red orbs.

When he was pulled up the wall Kurama leaned against a tall Makai oak that he hadn't noticed before and panted heavily. He looked over to give his thanks to notice that it wasn't Hiei who had saved him but the missing female of the group. She smiled at him flashing small fangs that Kurama hadn't noticed before (most likely because this was the first time he had really seen her smile.) "Gotta be careful around here ni fox?" He was about to reply when she pointed towards him, or behind him. Kurama narrowed his emerald eyes as he followed the direction she was pointing and gasped. On the other side of the gorge the forest ended abruptly. In truth there was no forest, no plants, no life. It was a complete wasteland and the sky above it was a sickening color of red and black. In the distance Kurama could see bolts of lighting and hear the thunder, it seemed to be looming over an even darker spot than the rest.

He turned back to Li, "I take it that's where we're going ni?" As soon as the words were out of his mouth he mentally hit himself, `Kurama-no-baka she doesn't know anymore than the rest of us.' Well that was what he had thought, until she nodded, "The emperors' name is Kayura. She's over 400 years old I think. The gorge you fell down is a dimension divider between the Makai and the Youja-kai so in a way it's part of her kingdom. The Youja-kai is divided in half much like the Makai is divided in thirds. This is the more barren half; Kayura mainly rules the other half. And just like in Mexico, `don't drink the water.' It's mainly snake venom." Kurama just stared as Li rattled off all she knew about the dimension and its ruler, "You seem to know quite a bit." Li shrugged, "I told you already, I was sent here to help you." Kurama smiled inwardly, he was finally getting somewhere. Perhaps he could get her to openly admit the rest of her secrets. As he opened his mouth to ask her the rest of the things that were bothering him about her they heard the leave rustling and the sound of a tree snapping against flesh immediately followed by Yusuke's "owwww". Li snickered and Kurama smiled as Kuwabara emerged from the leaves followed by Yusuke who was rubbing his nose with a moan. Yusuke stopped when he noticed his audience and grinned, "It looks our big happy family is only missing one member now." Kuwabara snorted, "Stupid Shrimp. He's got a bad attitude; a major mean streak and I've never seen him actually smile. The little dickhead." Kuwabara's face suddenly met the ground as he gained almost a hundred pounds. The whole group laughed when they saw the startled Kuwabara on the ground with Hiei standing on his head. When the small Koorime moved Kuwabara raised his head and groaned, "Did I mention he has a really bad temper?" Kurama was the first to recover from laughter and his face was so sullen that no one was laughing anymore.

Kurama looked back at the desert behind him and the rest followed his gaze. Kuwabara shivered, "Well that's a little creepy." Yusuke nodded and the silver pendent began to glow and hover in the direction on the thunderstorm, "Well ladies, men and demons, looks like that's our emperors." The men started jumping the gorge as Li looked back at the forest with a wink. Out of the tree poked the head of the blonde girl. She gave Li thumbs up, "G'luck Ali." Li stuck her tongue out at the girl, "Morgan! How many times to I have to tell you not to call me Ali?" The blue haired girl, Aidrean, also stuck her head out of the leaves, "Good luck Li. We'll be there to help you later just please save my mom." Li nodded and turned to join the *current* Reikai Tantei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

The edge of Kayura's kingdom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Nine figures stopped at the edge of the wasteland. Eight of them were dressed in different armors but only five of them had helmets. The helmeted warriors were each in similar armors but of different colors. The other three had more evil looking armors but their faces held nothing but concern. The ninth figure was a woman. She had short red hair and light blue eyes. She wore a brown tank top that was ripped above her navel and tight brown pants that held slits every foot or so. Her feet were bare and very chaliced. She leaned on Kento of Hardrock, the orange helmeted warrior's shoulder in a worried fashion and began to speak, "Lady Kayura should be held in that castle." She pointed to a castle that was surrounded in lighting. "As her warlords the four of us should have been the ones to rescue her. I have no idea why you wanted to get involved Rowen of the Strata." The helmeted warrior with a dark blue armor stood and said in a heavy New York accent, "We owe her that much. As fellow armor bearers we also have a responsibility to protect the emperors." The other four with helmets nodded and they all stood. Ryo of Wildfire, one with a fiery red helmeted (lets just call these Ronin armors ni?) armor began to talk, "Yeah and we aren't getting anywhere by waiting around here. Let's go save Kayura." They nodded again and began following the three warlords and the Warlordina towards the eerie storm.

One Ronin armor bearer with a green armor lagged behind towards the Strata bearer, "Is that the only reason you want to rescue her Rowen?" Rowen framed annoyance and glared at his best friend, "And what, if I may ask Sage, is that suppose to mean?" Sage remained calm and sighed, "Rowen the five of us are connected remember? Cye and I can feel bits of your emotions through the web the same way we can sense the others emotions and each other's. You guys can't hide anything from us. You're in love with her, and I think she agrees." Sage flashed a smile that would make any fangirl faint making strands of his blond hair fall into his eyes, "Am I close, or did I make a bull's eye?" Ronin glared again, "You don't know everything you know!!" Sage nodded, "No I don't know everything. But you've been my best friend for years, I think I should know you by now." With that said Sage of the Halo walked away leaving his friend speechless and lonely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

They were right outside the castle hidden behind a broken statue of god knows who. Lightening crackled above them and shadows nipped at their heels. They could see the chains on the windows of the tallest tower and they could hear a crippled song. The singer would release a sob every minute or so but the song itself was beautiful.

Kuwabara stood and stared at the tower window, "It's just like in my dream." Li stared also but softly she was singing the words; she knew who this song was sung for even if the emperors herself did not yet know. She stood sadly still singing the words though she hadn't released her voice had become audible. Li sighed, still not noticing the Tantei's eyes were all on her, "Kayura. Hold on they're coming, we won't let you down."

Yusuke smiled releasing that Kayura was the emperors and knowing that by they she must have meant the five of them, speaking of herself in third person. He nodded, "Ok, we need to figure out a way to save her. Genkai made climbing walls like this part of my training. Hiei's fast enough to run up there. Kuwabara could use mini Rei-ken to climb it, and Kurama has his plants. One of us could carry you if you like."

The distant look on Li's face told them she hadn't heard Yusuke's plan, "The Ronins will rescue her. We have to save them." The boys exchanged confused looks and Yusuke poked her the same way he had done Kuwabara earlier that morning (it was still morning wasn't it? It didn't seem that long ago.), "Um care to emphasize on that?"

Li whipped her head angrily toward the group, "The Ronins and the Warlords are Kayura's generals! The Warlords tried to protect her before but were overpowered so now the Ronins are going to help them. It is written in the time stream that they must rescue her, we must help *them*!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

It seemed like they'd been fighting for hours. Rowan's helmet had been cracked and there was blood mixing into his short blue locks. The armor of Halo had been slashed in many places and his own blood was beginning to seep through the cracks. The bearer of the light blue Ronin armor, Cye of Torrent, was lying on the floor; his helmet had also been knocked off. There was a deep gash in his forehead and he had been knocked unconscious either by the weapon's impact with his skull or the blood loss caused by it. Kento and Ryo had both received several wounds but continued to fight and though the Warlords were whipping out their own attacks endlessly they too were beginning to feel the effects of their battle.

Elowin held twin jitte in her tired hands, both were covered in the blood of the creatures that had been sent to attack them. The nine of them had broken into the castle before Sage and Dais, the silver haired Warlord of Illusion, could even mention the fact that they needed a plan. They were paying for it now. Since Cye had been knocked out the Ronins couldn't call upon the ultimate Inferno armor that require all five of their willing spirits to summon. The warlords were both tiring and angering quickly, they had used too much of their energy already trying to protect her the first time to be of much use now.

Elowin sighed, defeated, there was no was the nine of them could make it to the tower at the rate they were going. She had been named Kayura's second in command but she was powerless to do anything against the fiend that had captured her leader. Elowin braced herself for her sure-kill, but as her body began to be covered in a golden glow two cold pale hands laced around her slender neck.

Out of the shadows stepped a tall, beautiful woman with long teal hair. Her face as twisted into a sinister smile her blood red eyes filled with malice, "We've come to far to let you little rodents ruin our plans now. I see no better way to gain the respect that we Koorime have lost throughout the years but to obtain a kingdom of our own outside the ice country. Let Koenma try to keep us from turning the warm human world as cold and bitter as a Koorime heart."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

After Li's little speech the Tantei were found racing around the castle trying to find the main entrance. Yusuke gave a small yell when he noticed it but mere feet from the entrance Hiei skidded to an abrupt halt with a wild look in his ruby eyes, "Koorime!" The others had stopped also and noticed the look on Hiei's face had spread onto Li's face as well. Li looked horrified, "They're everywhere. I've always heard stories of their cruelty but I never thought I'd have to meet a full blooded one face to face." Kurama's face went very stern quickly, "They must be the ones who captured the emperors, god-only-knows their reasons. Li there are others in the room, are those the Ronin?" She nodded and he continued, "Then lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Elowin's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was like pokers of red-hot steam were surging through my neck and traveling to every other part of my body. But it wasn't hot it was freezing. The Koorime, or ice maidens, held the power of ice and could easily turn me into a 5-foot pop-cycle. Though in the back of my mind it didn't make sense; why would the Koorime want to take over a dimension that hadn't been less than 80 degrees temperature-wise in over a thousand years?

I could see the looks in the eyes of my comrades. They wanted to help me but were to busy trying to fend off the beasts that were attacking *them*. Kento's face was twisted with concern and frustration, but that's probably why I was in love with the big oaf.

I looked back into the blood red orbs that were twisted with a lust for blood, I could see nothing but evil there. My vision was beginning to dim now and I barely could see that more of the warriors had fallen. Dais, Ryo and Sage were all on their knees; Kale of the Corruption armor was fighting alongside Kento of Hardrock trying to reach me, and Rowen was trying to reach the stairway that lead to Lady Kayura. The last Warlord, Sekhmet of the Venom armor, had joined Cye in a bloody mess on the ground.

There wasn't much more we could do here. I could only pray that the boys would reach Kayura before the Koorime could carry out their plan. Blackness was beginning to fill what was left of my once perfect vision and the white light that filled the room almost obliterated it. Five blurry silhouettes stood in the doorway but I couldn't make out more than that. I could see the look of surprise and anger on the face of my holder and that alone brought smugness to my heart. The last thing I heard before darkness took me was Kento yelling my name, it sounded like a whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Yusuke's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we came up to the door we unfortunately found it locked. No problem, I fired my Rei-gun straight through the door and grinned as it lit the entire room. Li glared at me though, ruining the moment, "You baka!!! You could have hurt them!! Watch what you're doing would you!!" So much for Yusuke saves the day. I looked through what used to be the door and gasped. Eight warriors all clad in a different type of armor littered the floor. Only three of them remained truly standing and they were heading in different directions. Three were on their knees and two were unconscious. Then I saw her; the twisted Koorime witch herself. She was beautiful in a sick kind of way and closely resembled Yukina but I figured most Koorime looked the same. It was the woman she was holding that worried me. Her fingers were laced around the neck of a young girl clad completely in brown if you overlook the blood spilling down her chest and the hue of blue her skin was turning.

At first I thought this girl was the emperors until one of the warriors yelled what I could only guess was her name, "Elowin!!" Neither of the warriors that were trying to reach her could have in time so Kurama reacted. Ferns grew up the wall in clumps signaling that either the castle hadn't been used in years or its ruler was a Kitsune. The ferns had been sliced thanks to the recent battle and were covered in the blood of the warriors but they still severed Kurama's purpose. They moved off the wall and laced themselves between the Koorime's fingers, unhooking them. Another vein wound behind the Koorime and shot straight through her black heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Normal POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the fingers had been removed from her neck Elowin collapsed to the hard floor beneath her and didn't move. Kento plowed his way through the creatures easily now that the Tantei had come to help them and made it to her side in a heartbeat. He quickly grabbed her wrist searching for a pulse and breathed a sigh of relief once he found it. His body language told the others that she was all right.

With the Tantei's help the remaining warriors easily found off the creatures. It was only after they had defeated them all that they stopped to question who their new allies where. Ryo, who was back in charge now that Elowin was unconscious, took a step towards the Tantei and made a jester for a handshake even though he wasn't really expecting one, "Thank you for your help. But if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" Yusuke put on one of his most cocky grins and much to the surprise of both the Ronins and the warlords shook Ryo's hand in a friendly manner, "We're the Reikai Tantei. We were sent here my Koenma to rescue the Emperors but our newest female `member' seems to have a different opinion. She said we should help you, and I guess she knew what she was talking about." He turned back towards his companions, "Isn't that right Li? Li?"

The said teen was no longer standing behind Yusuke but in front of Rowen, "What are you boys waiting for? Are you going to rescue her or do we have to hold your little armored hands?" She didn't have to say anything else as the group of now 14 started the trek up the floors of the dark castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

What horrible things await them on the second floor or the third? Will they even make it that far alive? With the full might of the pure Koorime race against them do they even have a chance? Find out next time on Yu Yu…I mean Find out in the next chapter of Upstaged, where all secret will be revealed….well not *ALL* secrets, I still have a lot to surprise you with.

KB- well…how was the fourth chapter of my TSM prequel?? Not a tear jerker yet I hope.

Twins- ~sweatdrop~

Elowin- you aren't going to kill me are you?

KB- ~evil grin~ I don't know yet ~see the tears in the Warlordina's eyes~ No, no, no, I could never kill one of my favorite ocs!!

Elowin- ^_^

Aidrean- what about me?? When do I get to make an appearance??

KB- ~thinks~ In the next chappy I hope.

Aidrean- ^_^

KB- Ok people, I'll explain everything (well almost everything, I have to save some ideas for future fics) in the next chapter. I'm starting to think about adding another fic to the growing family, one that happens before Upstaged and explains how Elowin came into being. Maybe ^.^

Saceria- ~sweatdrop~ um, ok /weirdo/ (/blah/ = thought ^_^) KB's already added another fic to the family that she hasn't updated on her lists.

It's called "A Haunting Past" It takes place in the future at the disposal of The TSM group's children. A mainly YGO fic

<< Summary: The past is returning to haunt Bakura in the form of dreams, visions, and visitors. These haunting images begin taking their toll on his mind and body but is it his past, or Ryou's? >>

At least I think that's the summary, close to it. Here's a full list of the current family (not including her new idea, well kinda):

KB:

>>New idea (not it's name)- No clue how I'm gonna work this out yet, let me brainstorm ~Is seen writing furiously in her little pink notebook of fanfiction. Pieces of paper fly over her shoulder every few seconds~

(Ronin Warriors most likely)

>>"Upstaged"- you're readin' it Hun.

(Mainly Yu Yu Hakusho, Some Ronin Warriors, mentions of Sailor Moon)

>>"Time Stream Mixup" (TSM)- Setsuna has never made a mistake before. What happens when her first causes two dimensions to become one?

(Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon)

>>"I've never, or, not yet anyways"- TSM side story. A hurricane hits Japan leaving the Tantei and the Senshi trapped in door with no adults present. Of course chaos ensues.

(Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon)

>>"Reawakening"- Michiru's sister Aerial has come to visit and decides to take Hotaru on a little beach trip after school. There's no telling what kinds of interesting people you can meet at the beach.

(Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors [yeah finally back to RW!!])

>>"Fantasy"- The future is ruled by machines, mortals no longer believe in magic of any kind and believe the stories to be just that. But it is almost time for Serenity's rule and Setsuna has to make the mortals believe. By sending 15 children of the court she prays that it is not to late for humanity.

The children end up being guardians for the power of Serenity and find that before they can make humanity believe in the world they grew up in, they have to save the mortals from themselves.

(Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing)

>>"A Haunted Past"- The past is returning to haunt Bakura in the form of dreams, visions, and visitors. These haunting images begin taking their toll on his mind and body but is it his past, or Ryou's?

(Mainly Yu-Gi-Oh! [At first], later on bring in Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, and Gundam Wing)