Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Obsidian Tears ❯ Violets ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow, I reread part of this 2 and a half years after written. My mind spewed out something along the lines of, `This story bites'. So, I decided to revise it!
Thank you to all that still keep up with this fanfic!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1
It was a lovely day in the forests of the Makai. No rain, no thunderclouds, no screaming demons running all over the place. Yep, perfect conditions.
 
Perfect to conditions to train, that is.
 
These were the thoughts that ran through Hiei Jaganshi's mind as he skirted through the forest. He was on a rare leave from work. Mukuro had been somewhat unwilling to let her heir take off but even she couldn't turn down an anxious Koenma who had made a special appearance a week ago to ask for Hiei on a mission.
 
`It'd better be a good one,' Hiei had growled when he had been informed.
 
Koenma had readily assured him that it was and also hinted that the rest of the old Rekai Tentei would be called. This had cheered him slightly (though he would never admit that he had missed his old teammates).
 
And so, Mukuro had given him some time off before he left to sharpen his skills which were, in her words, “getting patchy”.
 
“Hn,” Had been his reply.
 
But in some respects she was right(though he would never admit this either). He really did need to train.
He stopped moving and closed his eyes. He concentrated, looking for the fox's energy. He could sense it. It was far off, but he could easily follow it straight to Kurama.
 
He smirked, and resumed the chase.
 
A few minutes later, he could feel the fox's energy getting close. He quickened his pace.
 
Then, all of a sudden, he stopped. Something wasn't right. He could sense another energy close by.
 
A ningen energy.
 
He mentally cursed. He was on leave from work, so he had no obligation to see this ningen back to the human world.
 
But something about its energy called to him. He could sense the usual ningen energy, but he thought he could sense something else.
 
Something darker.
 
Intrigued, he decided to investigate. He sped in the direction from where it came. It was getting closer now, and he could definitely feel the dark presence.
 
Finally, he stopped and looked down. He had found the source of the strange ningen energy.
 
Below him lay an unconscious girl. Raven hair adorned a pale face that was stained with blood. Blood also coated one of her arms and her stomach.
 
“Hiei!”
 
Hiei turned around to see Kurama running up next to him.
 
“So you sensed it too fox?”
 
“Her,” said Kurama, now examining the girl. He took a few seeds from his hair and gave them some of his spirit energy. Once they had grown to their proper size he took a few of the leaves and crushed them, then applied them to the girls forehead and her stomach.
 
“Hiei,” he said, after he had finished, “this girl is hurt badly, and I'm going to take her back to the human world.”
 
“Hn.”
 
Kurama smiled.
 
“Why don't you come with me, you only have one more day here anyways. And besides, Yusuke is quite anxious to see you again,” he said.
 
“Whatever fox.”
 
“But, there is one more thing you could do for me Hiei,” Kurama said, a mischievous gleam in his eye, “I found several more plant species I would like to take back to the human world with me. There seeds are too large for me to take in my hair, and I can't carry them and this girl at the same-”
 
“No”
 
“Hiei, you can carry this girl, or you can carry my seeds.”
 
Without another word Hiei bent down, lifted the girl up in his arms and straightened. He had had enough of Kurama's new plants. An extremely annoying one had melted his sword. Hiei would have wrenched the thing up burned it with black fire till it died if Kurama had not come to its rescue.
 
The raven haired girl did not stir as he and Kurama made their way out of the forest. If not for the steady rise and fall of her chest, she could be presumed dead. Hiei glanced down at her as he was moving. He smelled a small whiff of her scent. She smelled mostly of blood, but underneath that he caught a little bit of her true scent.
 
His eyes glazed over as a memory returned to him.
 
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
Hiei-san!
 
Hiei turned his head, as the voice of innocence and purity called his name.
 
Hiei-san! Smell these! They're my favorite in this entire human world! Yukina said her eyes shining.
 
His sisters voice, her smile, he could never turn them down. And so he bent his head over the small flowers that she held out to him. Suprisingly, he found he rather liked the scent. Not too strong, but not too weak either.
 
Do you like it Hiei-san? Yukina asked.
 
Their nice.
 
Yukina's smile shone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
End Flashback
 
Violets, that's what this girl smelled like.