Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ *My* Love ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is my first fan-fic that I've actually posted so please read it and get back to me with any comments you may have. It's a short, stream of conciousness type deal, not an actual story. You'll get it in the end if you know ANYTHING about SM. >) Praise, flames and any other comments can be sent to storytelling_star@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Star
P.S. None of the characters mentioned in here belong to me, they all belong to the SM world.


*My* Love
By The Storytelling Star

Dear Father,

I'm so sick of it.
Everyone is always ranting about THEIR love.
It makes me, the graceful, perfect, prim, mysterious me, want to puke. Well.... It makes the vengeful, heartbroken, hidden me want to puke. On the outside, I have always been so calm. Maybe its magic. I hope it is. I hope I'm not becoming like some psychoanalysis patient.
I know it sounds crazy but you've got to believe me when I say all I've ever wanted to do was love him. But I guess that just wasn't what the stars have decided.
Damn that blonde bimbo! Why does SHE always get the handsome guys? Why can't one or two guys fall in love with ME once in a while? Or even just one.
She can't stay true to him forever. If He was MY one, I could be perfectly happy for the rest of time. Which, ironically, is why I will never have a love or a lover. Doesn't that just suck? My job is supposed to be my love.
Well I'm NOT A FREAKING WORK-A-HOLIC!!!
I'm just a pawn in some senseless game that has been playing since before she was born and after she dies. But not me. I will never die. Just like I will never love. Not one moment of happiness with a man.
For that gift, I would trade all my power, all my beauty, and... all of my immortal soul.
DAMN! Night after night, she visits me. I can't say what I want to;
"Go away! I hate you! Die and give me what should be mine!". She is my Queen, my leader, and I have a sworn duty to protect her. But she is not my friend.
Why do I hide this so well? HOW do I hide this so well? None suspect that in their 'perfect' little world, a soldier of love has learned to hate. I know that it's horrible.
On their wedding night, I saw them making love. It made me insane with jealousy.
I tried to kill myself.
Why do I suffer this fate? Why must I go on forever not knowing love? Please answer me.
Her love of him is so childish and laced with infatuation. She loves others and is torn between Him and men who are there for a comparatively fleeting time.
Her love is silly and wide eyed. Her empty head was filled with dreams of him when she slept as a teen. Now, when she sleeps beside him, she does not truly appreciate his beauty. She falls right asleep in his arms, not taking even a moment to savor that wondrous feeling that no other woman will ever know.
The love of an Angel.
Oh, if only *I* was the one who he held in his arms and his heart. If only it was MY love that kept him safe from the jaws of evil.
*My* love would be that of the hungry soul, never tired of his company or annoyed with his endearingly silly sayings. MY love would be warm and gentle but passionate and defiant of any boundary. MY love would cross mountains and oceans. MY love would span to the ends of the infinite universe. MY love would last until eternity....
Everyone is always ranting about THEIR love...
What about MY love?

From the Broken Heart,
Setsuna