Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Angel ❯ A Beautiful Angel ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




A Beautiful Angel



Hey people I thought this would be a perfect fanfic so I hope you all like it.

Title: A Beautiful Angel
Author: Aisuru-chan
Rated: PG
E-mail: silverstar159@hotmail.com
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the scouts. I don't own Mamoru either. I own the story that I'm writing just not the characters. Just to let you guys know that. Well enough of me talking on with the story.

A Beautiful Angel
***************************************************************** *******

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe I'm going to be late again. Why didn't somebody wake me up?" Usagi yelled as she hurried to get dressed and ran down the stairs and grabbed a piece of toast.
"Awe man, I'm going to be late. Haruna-san is going to kill me" she wailed as she started running. While she was running she bumped into something, which felt like steel. Usagi fell to the ground as soon as she hit it.
"Awe gomen ne sir I didn't see you I'm in a big rush" she apologized as she got up off the ground.
"That's nothing new Odango. You're always in a big rush," said a familiar voice. Usagi looked up to see a handsome, but a real jerk, in front of her.
"Listen Baka I am in no mood to listen to your coy remarks. I'm late as it is," she said. She picked up her bag and started running off.
'She's so Kawaii when she's mad' Mamoru said to himself. Then started walking towards his school thinking about his soon to be, beautiful angel.

Everybody was already in class before the tardy bell rang. Usagi made it just in time.
"Alright class is everybody here?" Haruna-san asked as she walked into class. Everybody nodded their heads,even Usagi.
"Usagi-chan you are on time. That is good. Keep it up." And she turned to the board and started teaching the lesson for the day.
'Wow she's in a good mood, she must have a hot date tonight' Usagi said to herself.
After class was over, Usagi went to meet Makoto and Ami outside. "You were actually on time today Usagi-chan" said Mako. They started walking towards the arcade to meet Minako and Rei. Usagi just nodded her head yes and kept on walking. While they were walking Ami was reading a poster on the wall.
"Hey Ami-chan what are you reading?" Usagi asked as she looked at the board as well. The poster says: "The Ms. Beautiful Angel contest at the fair next Saturday. First prize $500."
"Wow! That sounds like fun. Don't you think so Ami-chan?" Mako asked Ami.
"I don't think so. I think it's just a contest where all they look at is how beautiful you are on the outside and not on inside."
Mako looked at Ami is surprise then turned to Usagi, who was still looking at the poster.
"Hey Usagi-chan why don't you enter the contest" Mako suggested.
"What? Me? No way" she said. Then turned away from Mako and Ami.
"I mean it Usagi-chan. You could win,you know." Mako walked in front of her friend.
"Mako-chan, I really appreciate it, but I would never pass for runner-up at those things. I'm not a beautiful angel. Hey guys, come on, I don't want to be yelled at by Rei-chan again."
With that, Usagi-chan and Ami-chan walked off to the arcade, leaving Mako behind. Mako couldn't believe the low self-esteem Usagi has. Mako turned back at the poster. Then an idea popped into her head and she went to go get an application.

Usagi and Ami finally arrived at the arcade and met up with Minako and Rei. Usagi and Ami went to join them at a booth and sat down.
"What took you guys so long?" Minako asked.
"We saw a poster on the wall for the fair. So we stopped to read it," Ami said. Ami then got out one of her books and started studying.
"Where's Mako-chan?" Rei asked as she stirred her milkshake.
"Don't know. She's probably still looking at that poster," Usagi said. Motoki walked up to the girl's table to say hello.
"Hey Usagi-chan how are you?" he asked as he approached the side where she was.
"I'm fine and how are you?" she asked.
"Pretty good. I over-heard about some poster for the fair. What's up with it?" he asked in curiosity.
"It's just some poster for a contest." Usagi said. She started looking at her pencil in her bag.
"What kind of contest?" he asked sliding in the seat behind the girls.
"It's a Miss Beautiful Angel contest," Usagi finally said. She had heard enough of the questions that Motoki was asking.
"Really? Sounds like fun. Why don't you enter it?" he suggested. Usagi looked over at Motoki and just shook her head and said nothing.
"Why not?" he asked. Usagi still didn't say anything and just shrugged her shoulders. A familiar voice came to the table.
"What's going on?" it was Mamoru. Usagi turned to see who it was. When she saw the person she head back to the table. Minako and Rei were staring at her.
"What?" she asked in confusion. Why were they staring at her like that?
"Are you going to enter the contest Usagi-chan?" Minako asked.
"No" she said as soon as she asked that question. Usagi was getting a little irritated at that question.
"What contest? A pie eating contest?" Mamoru joked. Motoki turned to Mamoru and slapped upside Mamoru's head.
Usagi then got up out of the seat and moved. Usagi got into another seat to get away from the questions. 'I'm not a beautiful angel I would never win that contest in my underwear.' Usagi kept going on in her mind. When two guys came to the table to cheer her up.
"Hey Odango how come you're so glum?" Mamoru asked as he took a seat in front of her. Usagi looked across from her and said. "Why do you always tease me what did I ever do to you?" she asked trying to change the subject even though it didn't work.
"Don't change the subject Odango what's wrong?" he asked getting concerned about her. He wanted her to smile so that he'll know that she's happy.
"Usagi-chan? Are you ok?" Motoki asked as he approached the table. Also tagging along were Rei, Minako, and Ami.
"I'm ok guys. I cooled down," she said then she cracked a smile. Showing them that she was ok.
About 5 minutes later Mako came storming into the arcade. So excited she was that she was looking for Usagi. When she finally found her she burst with excitement and ran over to her table. "Usagi-chan guess what happened?" Mako asked in a happy voice.
"Robert proposed to Haruna-san and she's retiring early?" Usagi joked.
"No. I just entered you in the Miss Beautiful Angel contest" Mako said. Usagi looked at Mako and started to laugh.
"That's a good one Mako come on what really happened?" she said still laughing.
"Usagi I'm serious I entered you in the Miss Beautiful Angel contest" Mako said. Mako then took a few steps back as Usagi got up. When she found out it wasn't a joke she started walking towards her. "Mako-chan?" she said walking up to her with a grin saying 'Kill Mako-chan.'
"Yes?" Mako asked, then she took a few more steps back.
"I have two words for you, RUN FAST!" with that Usagi started to run after Mako, but Minako and Motoki held her back.
"How could you do this to me?" she asked in anger.
"Why is it so bad Usagi? You might actually win this thing. What's so bad about it?" Usagi looked at Minako with a glare. "Whose side are you one Ms. Beauty Venus model?" "What's that supposed to mean?" Minako asked still trying to hold on to Usagi. "What I mean is that not everybody has a modeling body." Usagi finally found away to get free of Motoki and Minako, but her luck ran out when Mamoru wrapped his arms around her. "Come on Odango, you never know unless you give it try" he said. "Since when did you agree with me BAKA!" she practically shouted.
"Usagi-chan I didn't think you would be this upset about it." Usagi looked at Mako and gave her an evil look. "You didn't think? Didn't I tell you that I didn't want to enter it?" she said. Usagi struggled trying to break free of Mamoru; my god was he strong. "Odango, I'm not going to let you go unless you calm down." Usagi finally stopped struggling and took a few deep breaths. "Come on Odango I think you have a chance at this" Rei said. Usagi was finally all calmed down and let out a big breath of air. Mamoru still didn't let go because she might go at Mako again and that he didn't want to let go of her warm body.
"What do you say Usagi-chan? We will all help you with this." Mako finally felt it was safe to go near Usagi. "All right you win I'll do it," she said pulling Mamoru's arms from around her (Damn) he thought. "I need to sit down," she said as she sat in the booth. "All right I'll do what ever I need to do. Oh, Mako-chan?" she said as she got up to leave. "Yes?" Mako said as she got Usagi's bag. "If you ever do that again, I will break every bone your body when you are alone one day." Mako gulped and nodded her head yes. "Hey come on Usagi-chan Mako-chan was just trying to help" Motoki said. "I know I know, I'll talk to you guys later. See-ya Mamoru-kun" with that she patted his shoulder and left with the girls. 'I'm going to frame this shirt.' he thought to himself.

Motoki had a goofy look on his face and it made Mamoru curious.
"What's that look for?" he asked finally.
"You like her don't you?" he asked and apparently he knew the answer. Mamoru looked at Motoki and turned a little red. He replayed the moment when he had his 'Usako' in his arms.
"I don't know what you are talking about" he tried to cover up.
"Don't play dumb with me you like her admit it. You just loved the feeling of her being in your arms, when you caught her from trying to kill Mako."
"Alright I'll admit it. I liked the feeling I got when I held her. All right fine I loved it. I'm in love with the girl for crying out loud are you happy now?" he finally told someone about it. Motoki smiled at the confession that his best friend just made.
"Yes I am thank you. Why do you tease her then?" he asked, that part he still couldn't get. "If I don't tease her I'll end up kissing her instead" Mamoru said.
"Look why don't you help Usagi with this contest. You know help boost her confidence that she might win."
'She'll win she's the most beautiful angel I've ever meet' Mamoru said in his mind.
"All right I will, hey I gotta go see-ya tomorrow buddy" with that Mamoru left the arcade.

The next day Usagi wasn't late for school, which shocked her teacher a lot. After school Mako and Usagi went to the arcade and Mako gave Usagi the dress she was talking about and went to go change in it. The other girls came into the arcade to wait for Usagi to come out and look at the dress. Usagi slipped on the dress and came out off one of the stalls to look in the mirrors before coming out of the restroom. 'Awe man I look so weird in this dress' she thought to herself. The dress Usagi was wearing was a spaghetti strap baby blue dress; it sparkled like diamonds on a single ring. The dress stopped above her knees so it practically showed her legs.
"Come one Odango attama lets see the dress already!" Rei shouted getting a little impatient with her being in the bathroom so long. She was taking so long to put on a simple dress.
Usagi was a little afraid to come out of the restroom. Mako was getting impatient as well.
"Usagi come on lets see the dress already" Mako said.
"No way I look ridiculous" she said leaning against the door.
"Awe come on Odango lets see it already" Mamoru said sitting on one of the stools he wanted to see the dress on her as well.
"Alright fine, but if any of you says something about it like an insult MAMORU will get one of these high heels up there noses." Everybody looked at Mamoru in a signal not to say anything mean to him. Usagi opened the door and walked out slowly. Mamoru's jaw dropped at the sight of the beautiful girl in front of him.
"Usagi it looks great on you. You are going to knock them dead with that dress on" Minako said. Usagi turned to Mamoru who was still in shock at the sight of her in the dress. Usagi's face turned red when he was looking at her like that.
"It's perfect you are definitely going to wear that at the contest" Mako said.
Usagi looked at Mako and smiled she has to admit it she did like the dress. One question still wondered in her mind.
"Hey Mako-chan? Do I have to wear a swimsuit at this contest?" she asked hoping to god that she would say no.
"No. Don't worry you don't have to wear a swimsuit there. All you have to do is wear that dress, sing a song, and make a speech."
"Hold it! You didn't tell me I have to sing," she said getting mad again.
"I'm sorry did I forget to mention that?" Mako said trying not to make Usagi mad at her again.
"Yes I believe you did. Mako-chan I'm not going to sing at that contest" she said sitting down and trying to be calm about it.
"Usagi you have a great voice. You can sing that song you sung at the talent show that got you first place." Usagi thought about it and she was right the song "I will always love you" had made her win first place in the talent show.
Usagi went back in the bathroom to change back into her cloths and hangout with everybody else. When it was time to leave Minako, Makoto, Rei, and Ami had already left. Mamoru, Usagi, and Motoki were the only ones there (unless you count the other customers). Usagi was just about to leave when Mamoru came up to her.
"Hey Usagi-chan may I walk you home?" he asked hoping that she would let him walk her home. Usagi was a little shocked that he wanted to walk her, but she pushed the thought away and nodded her head yes. Mamoru silently cheered and started walking with her to her house. They talked for awhile while they were walking. Usagi was really enjoying Mamoru's company. 'I can't believe I thought he was a jerk before, he's such a gentleman' Usagi thought. They had finally gotten to her house to Mamoru's disappointment.
"Thanks for walking me home Mamoru-san" she said as she turned to face him.
"I'm glad I could," he said moving a little bit closer towards her as if he was going to kiss her. Usagi was getting a little nervous that she thought he was about to kiss her.
"Mamoru-chan can I ask you something?" she asked breaking the trance.
"Sure Usak.... gi" he said almost slipped out the nickname for her. Usagi took a deep breath and let all her nervousness leave her body.
Usagi looked up at Mamoru and smiled before asking him her question.
"Why are you being so nice to me all of sudden?" she asked finally.
"I was sortof hoping that we could call a truce between us. I don't want us to fight anymore so...truce?" he asked as he put out his hand to shake hers. Usagi looked at Mamoru she never noticed how blue his eyes were. Usagi then put her hand in his and shook and said "truce" at the same time.
The couple just stared into eachothers eyes their hands were still together. Mamoru pulled Usagi closer to him slowly and wrapped his arms around her waist. Usagi felt the warmth that he had around her body. Mamoru also felt the warmth that she had when she wrapped her arms around his neck. As the couple held eachother, their heads got closer...closer...closer... "WHOA! It's makeout central out here" screamed a boy's voice from behind them. Mamoru immediately let go of Usagi in startled way.
"Sammy shouldn't you be in bed" Usagi yelled back to her brother.
"You're not my mom baka" he said then went back inside the house. Usagi turned to Mamoru and said. "I think I better get inside I'll see-ya later" she said then gave him a kiss on the cheek and went up the stairs and went inside the house to kill her brother.
Mamoru walked off happy that he got a kiss from the girl of his dreams. 'I'll never wash this cheek again' he said to himself.

The week seemed to go by fast that Saturday came and it was time for everyone to go to the fair. Usagi, Ami, Mako, Minako, Rei, Motoki, and Mamoru met at the arcade before they went to the fair. They all walked together to the fair and then went separate ways. Usagi was walking with Mamoru around the fair grounds.
"You're pretty quiet you ok?" he asked in concern.
"Yeah I'm fine I'm just a little nervous" she said still shaking a little bit and her heart beating so fast that it was going along with the beat of the drum.
"Don't worry you'll do fine trust me" he said. They sat down and talked somemore about everything they could think of.
An hour later it was time for the Miss Beautiful Angel contest to start. Usagi took a deep breath and went into the dressing room to change into her dress. The others sat in the audience waiting for the contest to start.
"So what did you and Usagi talk about?" Motoki asked.
"Different kinds of stuff nosey" he said.
"I'm not nosey I'm just curious as to what happened between the two of you. So did you ask her out?" he asked being the curious one that he is.
"Um...no not yet I will after the contest" he said getting a little bit nervous. The announcer came on stage and announced the contest to start. 4 contestants went by then it was Usagi's turn to go on. 'I can do this I can do this' she said to herself over and over. Usagi then finally went out on stage and a lot of people cheered. The other contestants then went too, and then it was time for the talent part to come up. Usagi was next after the other girl did her tap dancing act.
Usagi took another deep breath and walked on stage after the announcer said what song she was going to sing. The music started up and then Usagi took her cue on the song.

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You. My darling you. Hmm

Bittersweet memories
That is all I'm taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please don't cry.
We both know I'm not what you, you need.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

Mamoru couldn't believe that she had. 'Not only does she look like an angel she sings like one too.' Mamoru was getting so mesmerized with Usagi's voice. 'I love you Usako and I always will. I will show you I love you.'

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.
And I wish you, joy and happiness
But above all this I wish you love.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you
Ooh, I'll always; I'll always love you.

The music stopped and everybody got up to clap for her after she had stop singing. Usagi bowed down and then walked off the stage. She felt so good about herself. Usagi went to her dressing room to get some water, when she heard two girls that were also in the contest talking about her.
"Can you believe that girl is in this contest?" one girl asked the other.
"No she probably wouldn't even pass for a runner up. I don't even know why she bothered because everybody know that I'm a beautiful angel."
Usagi then started to cry about it and then went out of the dressing room. It was now time for the 3 runner-ups before they chose the winner.
"The three runner-ups are, Miss Kasha, Miss Keiko, and Miss Tsukino." The three contestants walked onto the stage and everybody clapped and cheered for them. Usagi was actually smiling that she made the runner-ups. The girl next to her whispered in her ear "You're going down little girl because you will never be an angel" then walked over next to the other contestant. Usagi wanted to walk off stage and just cry, but she had to be brave so she walked over to the other contestants.
"All right girls I am going to ask on question each. Just give your best answer to the questions as you can. Are you ready Miss Keiko?" Keiko smiled and walked over the announcer and nodded her head yes.
"All right your question is "What do you think can make the world a better place to live?"
"That's easy. They need a little more beautiful people and a little less of the little girls here." Mamoru saw that girl looking at Usagi and tried to control himself from losing his temper. 'How dare she say stuff like that. She better not hurt my Usako.'
"Thank you, Miss Kasho you're next." Kasho walked up to the announcer and waited for the question. "Alright here's your question "If you had three wishes what would they be?" Kasho took the microphone and said. "1 to stop wars 2 to have more malls and 3 to have cuter guys in the world." 'I can't believe the girls that are in this contest.' Mamoru said to himself. He cheered up a little bit because Usagi was next.
"Miss Tsukino you're next" Usagi walked up to her and gave her a little smile. "Miss Tsukino your question is "What would make you the perfect Miss Beautiful Angel winner?" Usagi didn't like what she was about to do. But she took the mic and said. "I don't think I would make the perfect angel. My friend signed me up for this contest after I told her not too. I'm not a perfect person for this. I'm always late for school, I get detention almost everyday, and I get picked on a lot to. I like going to the arcade, pigging out and not caring that I gained a pound. I don't think this is right so...I guess I shouldn't be here. It was fun for awhile but this isn't for me thank you." With that she walked off stage and started crying.
Usagi was still in her dressing room changing into her cloths and getting ready to leave when a knock came on the door. Usagi said to come in when she put her bag on the table.
"Usagi-chan?" said a male voice.
"Yes?" she said back then turned around to see Mamoru standing next to her.
"What happened up there?" he asked in concern as he sat down on the couch where she was.
"I couldn't do it. I'm not what they think. I'm not beautiful, I'm not perfect, and I wouldn't fit this role even if I tried." Usagi dried up her tears and sat down in a chair.
"Usagi-chan, Nobody in this world is perfect. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met in my life. You're not just beautiful on the outside you're beautiful on the inside. It's your kindness, caring, when you laugh, and you try to make people happy. That's beauty to me Usagi. You are a very beautiful person." Usagi started to cry again at his words. Mamoru took her hand into his and started rubbing it.
Usagi looked up at Mamoru and started to smile. Mamoru smiled as well to see her happy again. Usagi got up slowly and hugged Mamoru.
"Thank you" she whispered in his ear.
"You're welcome Usako," he said not knowing that he had just called her his nickname. "Usako?" she said in a curious way.
"That's my pet name for you" he said then lowered his head to hers and met up with her lips in a passionate kiss. Usagi responded to the kiss with the same intensity as he did.
"I love you Usako I always have. I just want a chance to be with you please say you'll be mine?" he said in her ear.
"I love you too Mamo-chan I'll always be yours as long as you'll always be mine" she said in his ear. Mamoru lowered his head to hers again and kissed her again. After the kiss was broken Mamoru took her bag and led her out of the dressing room.
Usagi and Mamoru were holding hands when they came out of the dressing room. They both saw the gang out they're watching and waiting for them.
"Hey Usagi-chan I'm sorry I got you into this" Mako said in a guilty way.
"It's ok Mako-chan I had fun for awhile" she said then went over to her and hugged her.
"And now the winner of the Miss Beautiful Angel contest is...Miss Tsukino." Usagi let go of Mako and just stood there.
"You won Usagi-chan you won" the announcer said to Usagi when she came to get her. "But how I mean..." before she could finish the announcer told her.
"Usagi-chan this contest wasn't just for the beauty outside the angel, but for the beauty inside the angel. You're soul and your heart inside you. That is what makes an angel. That's why you won now go up there and claim your prize." With that Usagi went out on stage and got her $500.

Usagi and the whole gang hung out at the arcade. Usagi still couldn't believe that she had won the contest.
"How about a toast?" Mako said holding up her milkshake in the air.
"To what?" Usagi asked.
"A toast to the winner of the Miss Beautiful Angel contest" Mako said.
"Here Here" everybody said and put all of their cups together. Usagi was having the time of her life until it was time to leave. Mamoru offered to walk her home and she accepted. Mamoru took her hand into his and started walking.
"Usako?" he said before she went inside her house.
"Yes Mamo-chan?" she said as she turned around to face him.
"Aishiteru" he said in her ear and kissed her lips passionately. Usagi responded to the kiss and opened his mouth for him to explore it with her tongue.
"I love you too Mamo-chan" she said back into his ear.
"I'll see you tomorrow my beautiful angel" with that he kissed her again and she walked into the house and had wonderful dreams. Mamoru walked out of her yard and went behind a wall almost screaming.
"SHE'S MINE YES!"

The End

So what did you think like it? Hate it? Anything just e-mail me and let me know how I did and if you liked it or not. Remember my e-mail is silverstar159@hotmail.com thanks yall. Bye. (o)-->-->