Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Guarded Twin ❯ The Getaway ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lady: I FINISHED!!!!
Lady: AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!
Trin: *claps*
Lady: THE WRITER'S BLOCK HAS VANISHED!!!!
Lady: and as Lady raises her hands in triumph to take the trophy…
Lady: THE CROWD GOES WILD AGAIN!!!
Random crowd: speech! speech!
Trin: *steals the trophy and runs away laughing manically*
Lady: I'll go after her soon...um oh my gosh...I'm like so happy...I thought I was fighting a losing battle with writer's block then a beat it with a big squashy mallet!!
Endy and Blair: yay! *throw roses*
Lady: thank you! thank you so much!
Trin: but the trophy's mine now!
Lady: wanna bet? *looks deathly dangerous*
Trin: * sits on the roof of wherever it is we are looking down at Lady* Not really....*drops the trophy on Endy's head*
Blair: *cringes for Endy* Remind me to never to stand underneath Trin when she has a trophy
 
********************************
 
Chapter 5 - The Getaway
 
~~~~Moon Palace~~~~
 
Entrinity, for all that she hated her mother, was surprised at the amount of blood gaping from her mother's neck. She had to take a step back and hold a hand to her mouth. Disgusted she turned around ready to leave when she froze.
 
Serenity felt like she was staring into a mirror at her own reflection. The same long blonde hair, same figure only her eyes were slightly different…darker. But that didn't matter to Serenity. She stepped closer to Entrinity who watched with wide eyes.
 
“Entrinity…Trin…you're back!” the younger twin whispered excitedly. Serenity held her sister's hand in her own and squeezed it. “You're back!” Entrinity broke into a grin and hugged Serenity. The girls started laughing and jumped around together. Endymion just leaned on the door jamb and waited for the horror to sink into Serenity. It wouldn't be pretty when it did.
 
He was right. The girls' jumping stopped and Serenity stood transfixed on the dead body of her mother, eyes drawn to the gaping hole in her neck. Her mouth opened and closed and repeated its action without a sound. She stumbled towards the bed and fell to her knees once near it. She clasped her mother's bloody hand and kissed it, tears already beginning to fall. She always thought that her mother would be strong and always be around and the reality of the situation sank into her. She didn't even relax when a hand landed on each of her shoulders.
 
Entrinity groaned in contempt and Endymion looked up at her through his helmet. The missing princess of the Moon didn't seem to take to him too well. So much for thinking she'd be like Serenity.
 
“Who the hell are you?” Entrinity asked snappily. Endymion looked startled but held his ground, keeping his hand on Serenity's shoulder.
 
“I'm Lord Endymion, Terran Commander of Earth. I'm here to protect Princess Serenity-“ she cut him off shortly.
 
“No, I mean who the hell are you to put your damn hand on my sister?” Endymion straightened and grew angry as Entrinity did the same.
 
“I'm sorry, but I'm the one saving your sister from assassination attempts from every which way!”
 
“A Terran of all - things! Serenity I thought you could do better than that.”
 
“What the hell does that mean?”
 
“Shut up the both of you!” Serenity yelled above the noise, her body heaving with anger and fear. “I don't need the two people I trust the most to start arguing at a time like this.” Endymion shot a smug look with his eyes to Entrinity who smiled sarcastically back. Serenity rose from the bedside and covered her mother with the sheets. She turned and regarded her guard and sister, each sending cold daggers out to the other.
 
“Entrinity I pray you treat my guard with the same respect with which I have treated him. And Endymion, I hope you do the same.” The two nodded begrudgingly and Serenity sighed. Almost immediately Entrinity grabbed her sister's arm and walked through to the Royal Receiving room. She started whispering frantically and Endymion followed beside them. That's when Entrinity stopped and sent Endymion a dirty look.
 
“This is royal business, guard. Step down and follow from the back,” she said, watching his eyes all the while. Endymion did as told but only with a look from Serenity. Somehow he felt the other twin would get into Serenity's mind that would be all she could think about. She'd just forget about him…
 
The doors blew open and the Inner Senshi ran through gasping for breath. They almost fainted when they saw Serenity standing with herself. Jupiter - Litanna - spoke first.
 
“Entrinity? Oh my gods Entrinity! You're back!” the Jupiter princess ran to hug her friend when Reianna's words cut through the excitement.
 
“Jupiter we have business to take care of. Now is not the time for happy reunions.” Mars regarded Entrinity coolly who returned the look. There had always been tension between those two…
 
“Serenity,” Sailor Venus, Princess Minako said hurriedly aware of the situation. “We are under attack.”
 
“From whom?” she asked eyes widening.
 
“Beryl and Blair of Narcius it seems. Her Dark Minions are crawling all over the surface of the Moon. We need to leave on horseback. There isn't even enough time to teleport. Here put this on.” Venus handed over a dark cloak with a hood. “Its to protect your identity until we can find out what to do.” Serenity's hands trembled as she placed the garment around her shoulders. “We need to move now!” Venus grabbed Serenity's hand and pulled her through the door, Inner Senshi and the recently transformed Mishi and Amariana - Neptune and Uranus - in tow, leaving Entrinity in the room. Endymion followed with his sword unsheathed again but stopped just outside the door. He felt a ripple of energy in the air and stepped to the side behind the doors. An extra person was in the room with Entrinity and she knew him by the sounds of it. Endymion looked ahead and saw a dark swarm cover the far end of the palace like a plague but he stayed to listen.
 
“What are you doing?” she asked. He wished he could see whether she was frightened or not.
 
“Just making a little chaos. I have my connections.” The other's voice was deep.
 
“I found Serenity.”
 
“So you did.” The man sounded bored.
 
“I found mother also.”
 
“Is that so?”
 
“Couldn't you leave it to me to kill her?” Endymion was sure he heard a whine in her voice but then registered what she said…the princess WANTED her mother dead? She wanted to do it with her own hands? His grip around his sword tightened.
 
“I would have done my sweet, but I was hastened to finish the job. Where's your charming sister?” Endymion didn't like the way the man spoke of Serenity either.
 
“She's with the other Senshi to try and escape the Moon-“
 
“Go with them.”
 
“But why?”
 
“Because if I find you, I'll find Serenity. Simple.”
 
“You still haven't told me your reasons.”
 
“Mayhap one day love, I will. For now do as I say.” Entrinity nodded and made for the door. She really wanted to know Blair's motives but the man was just too damn mysterious for her. Stepping outside she looked around for the fleeing Senshi and the princess and spotted them, a blur of white and colours against the black forces of Narcius. She hurried after them.
 
Endymion released a pent up sigh from his scant hiding place behind the door and watched Entrinity's receding back. He had to tell someone…that the missing princess of the Moon wasn't all that she seemed…
 
----------------------
 
“Mercury Bubbles Blast!” the immediate area around Serenity and the Senshi was covered in fog and the Dark Minions in tow were dazed.
 
“Jupiter!” Sailor Venus called and Sailor Jupiter stepped forward from the small circle around Serenity.
 
“Right behind ya! Jupiter Thunder Crash!”
 
“Venus Love Chain Encircle!” Venus' attack became infused with the lightening from Jupiter's. The electrified love me chain wrapped around the group of Minions and shocked them all into destruction.
 
“Quickly! Let's keep moving!” Mars called out. The group ran deeper into the forests, striking out at stray minions to try and throw them off track.
 
“You know Entrinity and Endymion aren't here,” Serenity said through ragged breaths, hitching up her skirts and the long robe so as not to trip.
 
“We have no time to stay behind and wait Serenity,” Mars called from behind her, throwing a fireball at a Minion in the trees. “Just keep running.” The princess did as told, not doubting the strength of her Senshi. Green and brown passed by in a blur with the occasional streak of black and she prayed hard that her sister would be fine.
 
The gods were obviously listening for out of the corner of her eye Serenity halted abruptly making Mars run into her and saw a white gown among the thick green foliage.
 
“Oh gods…” a feminine voice muttered and Serenity ran head first into the green.
 
“Serenity!” Mars called and all the other Senshi stopped running to look back.
 
Entrinity looked up to see Serenity heading for her, just as she thought. She teleported to a spot she knew Serenity would come past and feigned being hurt.
 
“Sister! What happened?” Serenity asked urgently. Over her shoulder Mars stood with a look of disdain on her features.
 
“I was hit over the head and the next thing I know I'm out here. Are you ok?” Entrinity sounded genuinely hurt and Serenity moved to raise her sister up.
 
“Forget me Trin. Mars help me.” Begrudgingly the Martian princess helped out until Entrinity was upright and hobbling over the gnarled tree trunks of the forest floor.
 
“My lady,” Mars said through gritted teeth to Entrinity. “Can you not move any faster?”
 
“I wouldn't be using your help if I could,” Entrinity snapped, blue eyes blazing. Mars own black ones flared also but Venus' voice stopped them all.
 
“Shut up the lot of you. Do you hear that?” All present strained their ears. A thundering of hooves could be heard faintly in the distance and everybody froze. Dark Horses no doubt with Dark Generals to accompany, the strongest of the Dark Forces. All the Senshi made a tighter circle around the princesses and made ready attack.
 
“Four, maybe five are on their way. It is hard to tell,” Mercury whispered. The falling hooves drew ever nearer and all ears were on alert for the sheathing of swords and snarls of the generals: the hoof beats were coming straight for them.
 
Tension hung heavy as the hoof beats stopped abruptly and the snorting of horses could be heard. Dark red eyes peered out from the shadows, four pairs, wide and luminous. A trot could be heard behind them and a large black stallion parted the leaves a figure all in black armour astride it.
 
“Oh bloody moon,” Mars cursed and readied her attack. But despite this the figure turned his head towards the other horses in the forest and shook his head and reluctantly they moved away. The figure moved to his helmet slowly, careful not to pre-empt any attacks and shook his head free of the metal confinement.
 
Seated before them was a man with deep blue eyes and a quirky grin. Black silk tresses were tied in a ponytail at the nape of his neck with a blood red piece of fabric. His eyes scanned the group and came to rest on the two princesses. He bowed his head and smiled directly at Serenity.
 
“Princess Serenity Aurora Celeste of the Moon. What a pleasure it is to be honoured with your beautiful face.” Blair made another incline of his head and smirked, surprised at his own courteousness. Serenity lifted her head defiantly and regarded Blair with a cool look.
 
“What in the name of the bloody moon are you doing swarming my home?” she asked icily. No one berated Serenity for her choice of words - they praised her for it afterwards. Blair put on a sorrowful expression. Entrinity could have laughed…Blair had a natural talent in deception.
 
“My lady believe me, I wish no part in this. I merely sent those generals away because I believe this war is wrong,” Blair replied simply, holding up his regretful look. Uranus spat into the dirt while Mars and Jupiter sighed angrily. All the other Senshi looked to Serenity, who looked at her sister who looked at Blair, caught his eye and knew exactly what he was thinking. Entrinity took Serenity's hand gently and squeezed it.
 
Entrinity started quietly. “Sister this man just helped us in our time of need and wishes you restored to your throne. Maybe we can trust him…”
 
“NO!” the collective voices of the Senshi shouted, disturbing the wildlife. Serenity nodded slowly giving a small smile to her sister.
 
“They're right Trin. I can't risk having a Dark General among us even if he seems trustworthy. The possibility is too great for anything to happen.” She then turned to Blair who sat patiently. “You have helped us indeed as my sister has said, but excuse us if we do not enrol our safety into your care.” Blair merely smiled, replacing his helmet.
 
“I understand princess. But I will be here to help,” and with that Blair wheeled the horse around and galloped off again. All the Senshi relaxed with audible sighs, some collapsing to the floor, others leaning against trees. Serenity moved around them checking to see if everyone was faring well. Entrinity just watched the scene and her eyes came across the violet glare of Mars.
 
The Martian always thought the first born to the throne of the moon would be a wild one. Anybody the princess didn't take a liking to at first glance would be in her bad books forever. In this sense, Entrinity believed Mars would be more powerful than her, what with her connection to the spirits. But Mars had always seen something deeper and darker inside, just waiting to be loosed, ready to take revenge…
 
“Serenity! Serenity!” it was a faint voice, hard to determine whether male or female. All of them quietened their chatter and quelled their vicious glares to listen. “Serenity!” the voice was coming nearer becoming more definite, a male's. Serenity turned behind her in the direction of the voice being able to hear the running footsteps of a man in armour, clanking and thudding along. Her heart beat wildly and she prayed that it was Endymion.
 
Sure enough running in front of her then stopping to an abrupt halt was Endymion - she'd recognise those eyes anywhere even through the thickest of helmets. His armour was scratched, from tree and fight alike and he breathed heavily.
 
“Endymion!” Serenity ran to him, holding him as close as possible despite the sharp juts of the metal and Endymion returned the embrace resting his head on her shoulder. A black stallion came from behind him, blazing red eyes at Serenity who tensed. “Don't worry,” he whispered. “I tamed him on the way over here. A means of transport.”
 
Entrinity and the Senshi watched the event pass with wide, shocked eyes. Entrinity at least thought the damn guard would die amidst all the fighting but she calculated wrong…they watched the two pull apart and check each other for injuries before hugging again. Entrinity walked slowly to the two, pulling Serenity away gently. Endymion's eyes came upon her and all the heat in the world couldn't melt the cold look in his eyes and the softest cushions couldn't shield her from his piercing glance. Entrinity simply returned it, her voice low.
 
“Some guard you are. Where the hell were you Terran?”
 
“I got sidetracked.”
 
“Getting sidetracked isn't going to help Serenity is it?”
 
“I didn't see you running off to go after her and protect her.” Entrinity tensed. Did he know? Was he there? Endymion gave no sign of it.
 
“Well Terran you're no longer needed. Serenity has sufficient enough protection under the Senshi and myself.”
 
“But you can't do that! Only Serenity can tell me otherwise.” Endymion sounded slightly scared but he'd damn himself if he'd let her hear it. Entrinity turned to her sister and smiled sweetly.
 
“Serenity dear. The Terran is a sure bet to be weaker among the Senshi. Maybe it is likely he's not able to protect you?” Serenity bit her lip and looked at Endymion.
 
“Maybe Entrinity is right Endymion. But I won't allow you to leave. Please stay with us, but just think, you don't have the heavy burden of my life on your hands.” Endymion seethed with anger as Entrinity looked at him smugly over Serenity's head. “Meanwhile,” Serenity called, addressing everybody. “I suggest we head out a little further, away from the capital and danger. We may be camping in these woods for a while until we can recompose ourselves again.” All the Senshi nodded and they followed after the two leading princesses. Endymion stayed behind a little clenching his fists and swinging up onto the forgotten horse behind him. Mars had lingered also and watched him intently.
 
“The Princess Entrinity is a bitch, my Lord Commander,” she said, not knowing of how he really shouldn't be addressed by that title, “and a damned liar.”
 
“So I see,” Endymion replied quietly. Mars walked to him and stroked the horse's neck.
 
“I found her limping ten minutes ago and now she's walking like nothing ever happened. What do you make of that?” Endymion shrugged, watching her carefully.
 
“Interesting. I found the Princess Entrinity doing something she shouldn't have. What do you make of that?”
 
“Not surprising,” Mars muttered and walked alongside Endymion's horse, thinking on his words. Now that he had been more or less demoted, the Senshi, Serenity and Entrinity would never treat him as an equal…he'd always be a tag along to them, underneath them. She knew he wouldn't be heard among them…
 
So she resolved that when the time came she'd treat him like an equal herself.
 
***********
 
Endy: why do I turn up scratched and bruised when everybody else is neat and clean?
Trin: because you've been fighting hard dope…
Endy: hey…
Lady: *ahem* please read and review!