Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Hidden Love, A Hidden Voice ❯ Decisions and Meetings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Serena dumped her bag and books into the backseat of her Silver Mustang convertible, started her car and sped off towards Raye's temple. She knew all her best fiends would be there since it had been a ritual of theirs since they went to separate schools. Their ritual was that everyday after school they would have a study group at Raye's temple. Upon arrival, Serena parked her car and ran up the stairs and into Ray's room through her bedroom's outside door. As soon as she stepped through the door she burst into tears and collapsed into her friends' arms. Her friends knew something was wrong the moment she pulled up and parked.

"Serena? Ren? What's wrong girl?"

"What's up girl? What happened?" her friends soothed her trying to figure out what was wrong.

"I hate him... I hate him so much!" as soon as the sobs stopped wracking her body she spoke.

"Who do you hate?" Lita asked her quietly.

Serena sat up, "Grant."

"What happened now? Did he hurt you in anyway? If he did HE'LL be hurting," Raye was sitting off to Serena's left punching a pillow, imagining it was him.

"He told everyone at school I broke up with him because he wouldn't take me last night. I don't know what to do. All I know is I can't go back to Juuban High."

"That asshole!" Ray burst out.

"You got it. He's dead!" Lita commented angrily.

"Will you two calm down now?" Amy ordered. She blushed right away because everyone was looking at her in shock. Quiet-as-a-mouse Ami bursting out like that was certainly an unusual happening.

"I know what you can do!" Mina exclaimed.

"What?"

"You can transfer and come to Crossroads with us. No one would know you really since it's on the other side of the city."

"What if someone does recognize me? Guys, I think I'm going to go into seclusion for awhile."

And so our story begins…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Serena transferred schools and is now attending Crossroads High School. With her change in schools she also changed in appearance. She went fro the beautiful most popular girl in school to a nerdy loner.

"This is it," Serena mumbled to herself looking in her bathroom mirror. She walked out of her room and down the stairs. "Mom, I'm taking my old car. See you later!"

"Okay sweetie, drive safely!" Ilene called out to her daughter as Serena grabbed her books and bag and ran out to her old car.

Serena, a nervous wreck before she even arrived, was shaking like a leaf as she went inside to meet Raye at her new locker. "Raye, I want you and the girls to act like we don't know each other, okay? Don't ask why, exactly, it's just better if I want to be seen as a loner. I'll still see you after school everyday at the temple. See you then. Bye!"

"But-," Raye was cut off as Serena hurried away to her first period English. "If that's what she wants then we have no other choice." She went to her math class deciding to tell the girls at lunch.

"Serena entered her homeroom English early so luckily no one was there except for the teacher.

"May I help you?"

"Are you Mrs. Jerby? I'm a new student. I just transferred here from Juuban High. My name's Serena Tsukino," pulling out her schedule she handed it to the teacher.

"Oh yes, Well let's see where we can put you…" Mrs. Jerby pulled out her seating plan looking for an empty seat. "There doesn't seem to be many spots left so how about we put you in the back corner by the window. You will be sitting behind… Mina Aino and beside Darien Shields. We've just been doing an introduction unit and it'll be easy to catch up on so you don't need to worry about it too much, and welcome to Crossroads High Miss Tsukino," Mrs. Jerby smiled pleasantly and shook Serena's hand, "Now off you go the bell will be ringing soon." Serena smiled and sat down in her desk opened her books and waited for class to start. She wasn't surprised that Mina was almost late; they had always been late back in junior high. There was something in her mind, though, that she couldn't put to rest. `What if someone recognizes me or my voice?' I probably shouldn't worry about it-." All activity in her brain stopped when she saw HIM walk in. She could tell by his appearance and by the girls swooning over him that he was a big shot popular guy. He was tall, with a perfectly muscled body, and gorgeous short ebony black hair that kept falling into heavenly midnight blue eyes that met with hers across the room. Then he smiled and her heart stopped; his teeth were perfectly straight and white, time seemed to slow only for him. He walked toward Serena and sat down beside her.

"Hi, I'm Darien. What's your name?" Darien looked at the poor girl next to him, `She looks so nervous.'

"I-I'm Serena. I just transferred here; I'm new," Serena stuttered nervously, "I just started t-today."

"Welcome to Crossroads High, Serena," Darien held out his hand to shake hers, `She seems harmless, though a little homely looking.' Serena hesitantly lifted her hand, nervous at first, and took his in a firm shake.

`He has a god grip. Grandpa would like that. Wait a minute, I just met him and already I'm approving him for meeting the family?! Jeez girl, get a grip.' She smiled but was careful not to show her teeth too much. It was then that Mina came darting through the door, coming to a screeching halt at the front of the class.

Mina turned to Mrs. Jerby, "Mrs. Jerby I am so so sorry for being late. You see my car wouldn't start so I had to-," she was cut off by the teacher holding her hand up.

"Oh. Oopsies!" Serena sweat dropped, `Same old Mina.'

Mina went and sat down not noticing the girl behind her. The bell finally rang and class started. During work time, Serena got up and went to the front of the class to throw something in the garbage can. On her way back to sit down she `accidentally' dropped a slip of paper on Mina's desk. Mina, noticing this, looked up at her strangely not recognizing her.

"Mina read the short notes contents.

`GUESS WHO?' she quickly scribbled down a response.

`Is that you Serena?'

`Yes you dummy.'

`Whoa you look so different.'

`LOL I was SORTA going for that. Duh!'

`Oh. Oopsies.'

`I'll see you after school--- Lots `O' Luv Serena.'

`You too girl!'

When lunch came around Serena ate alone, figuring Raye had filled the others in by now. What she wasn't expecting was company half way through her meal; (None other THAN…) Darien.

"Hey Serena. How's it hanging? I bet it's kinda scary being new and not knowing anyone," sitting down to eat with her, Darien settled right in. `I don't know what it is about her. I just feel so comfortable around her for some strange reason.'

"It's going great and I'm used to being by myself so it's fine, and anyways I at least know you," thinking to herself, `He doesn't know the half of it. For some strange reason, though, talking and being with him feels so… right. It's not the least bit awkward.' " How are you?"

"Yeah, I'm great, too," they spent the rest of lunch just sitting there talking and laughing.

"Would you like to hang out after school or something?" Darien asked suddenly out of the blue.

Serena replied in shock, "I'm sorry. I'm busy after school," he looked slightly disappointed at this.

"Maybe this weekend then sometime?" Darien inquired looking slightly hopeful.

"Why not? See you in class!" Serena called out as she rushed off to fourth period.

*~*~*~*

Yes I know I've taken awhile to update and I'm trying to make it at 1 or 2 chapters at least per week. I need encouragement though and you know how to do that! =D

Well that's all for now folks! Thanks goes out to Lonely Angel for the review ^o^!

Read & Review and see you next time.