Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Future ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi everyone! Disclaimer time!!! Ok here goes: I do not own any of the characters of Sailor Moon. I can lay claim to the villains in the story however. That does it for this part...(it must be so boring reading this before every story and every chapter!!)

Ok lets see...this should all be posted at the same time but actually in my time, this story is coming a few months after part 2. This story has been kind of hard for me to write, why I don't know...maybe because I am taking a way older Usagi, and everyone else for that matter, and trying to write with them...personalities will have matured, people will have changed...I just hope I do them all justice. I am sure some people will be upset over the fact that Mamoru is no longer around but I must be level with you all. The fact is I am a Seiya and Usagi fan, in case no one ever noticed. I personally feel that Seiya and Usagi could have had a beautiful relationship if it was allowed. So that's where I come in. Eventually, when I feel I need a break at the Seiya/Usagi storylines, I will try my hand at writing a Mamoru/Usagi fic. But anyway, this is getting rather long, and I am quite sure none of you came here to read my ramblings, so I will start now...Questions and comments will be appreciated and replied to.

The group sat around the table reminiscing over the old times and laughing. Minako looked at her Queen smiling to the man on her right and felt her heart lift. "It is good that there is hope.," she thought to herself. She had become very concerned of Usagi's mental well being the past year, but it seemed with the return of the Starlights, especially Seiya, things were going to be better. Taiki was the one who finally mentioned the reason why they were called back to Earth.

"Now I think it is time that we learned about this problem you are facing. Who is this enemy and what is their purpose here?" he asked. Usagi looked up, the smile off her face and replaced with a look that sent shivers down Taiki's spine.

"Purpose? What purpose do they have here?" she asked in a quivering voice. In this form she looked and sounded very much like a child. Rei put her hand on her shoulder, but Usagi pushed it away. "I am not sure exactly why they came here, but I will see to it that they never have a chance to answer that question!" she exclaimed as tears rolled down her face.

Taiki stood up and faced her. "Usagi, I am sorry for upsetting you. You have lost a lot in the past year and we have come to make sure that you lose nothing more."

She looked sadly at him, tears spilling down her face. "Taiki, how can I possibly lose anything more than I already have?" With that she stood up and left the group. The Starlights looked shocked as they saw first hand what Usagi had become. A walking ghost had replaced the full of life, full of hope and love Usagi. Seiya stood up to follow her but Mako stopped him.

"Seiya, you can go to her after, but first we should talk." Mako said.

"Ok, so fill us in." was his reply. His heart was heavy and it almost killed him to see her in so much pain, even though he knew there was nothing he could do to help her, he made a silent vow to himself that he would do all that he could. He listened as they talked and filled them in on the year of battles and the one that started it all with the death of Mamoru.

"Ever since then, Usagi hasn't been the same. It was as if she died when he did." remarked Haruka sadly.

"Her strength is gone, she doesn't have the will to fight this enemy. If this keeps up, we are all in trouble. We can hold them off for a time, but without her we could never truly defeat the enemy. Only she can control the Silver Crystal," said Rei.

"What about her daughter? Can she control the crystal?" asked Taiki.

"To a point, but with no where near enough strength as Usagi can. Chibiusa could activate it, but she wouldn't be able to fully use it. That's why she was sent back in the future to train with us, so that one day she would be able to take Usagi's place as Queen and Protector." Ami answered.

"But even if she did get the strength and the Silver Crystal was necessary, there is always the downfall of her using it. If Chibiusa isn't strong enough to take her place now..." began Michiru.

"Downfall?" Seiya interrupted. "What downfall? And why would Chibiusa have to take her place if she used it?"

The Senshi looked at each other. It was obvious that they forgot that the Starlights didn't know the whole story. Mako decided to explain it to him.

"The Silver Crystal draws its energy from inside of Usagi. It is her energy that the Crystal reacts to. That is why she can only use it. When the Crystal is used to its full extent, it fully drains Usagi of her energy. During the Silver Millennium, when Beryl attacked, Usagi, then know as Princess Serenity, Mamoru, who was then Endymion, and ourselves dies in that battle. Queen Serenity remained. She used the Silver Crystal to defeat Beryl and send us all to be reborn on Earth. She also had to send Beryl, so when Beryl started attacking, our memories as Senshi returned. But in order for us to ever be reborn, Queen Serenity used the Crystal and in doing that died herself."

So what you are basically telling me is that if Usagi were to use this Crystal, she would be dead? And you are all ok with this?" Seiya asked angrily. "I don't know about any of you but there is no way she is going to use that Crystal and die. Not if I can help it!"

"But she has used it before and survived, right?" Yaten asked.

"Yes she has, but never to its full extent. She was never strong enough before to fully use the Crystal. Not even with Galaxia. But then she also had a merging with the light of hope which gave her more than her usual power." Minako said.

"And remember she did use it and almost died before but Fiore gave her life back." replied Rei.

"We still don't even know if it will even get that far. From what we know, the enemy isn't exactly strong. They are great in numbers but nothing extraordinary. But they are smart and have this ability to always catch us off guard. To be able to kill the King proves their wits." Haruka observed.

"We will just have to wait a little longer and see. I am sure they are planning something and this time we should take them off guard." Michiru said.

"What do you mean?" Hotaru spoke up and asked.

"Well I am sure they noted our visitors. They seem to have a good eye about things that go on here. The only ones who know who they really are are sitting in this room. If the enemy goes to attack in the near future, which I am banking on it that they will, then I don't think the Starlights should fight. Not yet anyways. Then they will think that they are just visitors from somewhere and not expect an attack on them." Michiru said.

"Yes, plus someone from the other side might approach them, thinking they know nothing about who they are and try getting them to talk." said Haruka.

"So you guys basically want to have us as spies." Seiya noted.

"In a form, yes. I am sure they probably wouldn't know you in your female forms anyways, but it would look odd that there appears three males from nowhere and then there are three new Senshi too. The enemy is not to be underestimated." Haruka answered.

The group decided to call it a night and split up. Ami showed the Starlights to their rooms. Taiki decided to go to the garden for a walk with Ami. Yaten was going to send a note to the Princess telling her of their safe arrival. Seiya decided to walk through the halls and think. He found himself again in front of the portrait of Usagi and Mamoru. His heart grew sad as he realized how many losses she had to endure. First Mamoru dying, as if that wasn't bad enough, but then also sending her daughter away to another country so she wouldn't be hurt. Her whole family gone. A tear fell down his face as he realized he was more in love with her than ever when he heard her voice.

"I am so sorry that I ran away earlier. I don't know what has come over me lately." she said softly. He turned and looked at her and pulled her into his arms. He held her and she started to cry. He just held her and stroked her hair and let her cry. When she calmed down they walked together. She took something out of her pocket and handed it to him. He looked down and noticed it was a piece of paper. He unfolded it and it was a letter. He started to read it and he realized it was the letter that he had given her the last time he saw her.

He looked at her and turned her towards him. "You kept this?" he asked, not believing it.

She smiled at him. "Of course I did, it got me through a lot of really hard times." she answered truthfully.

"But you never tried to contact me to come and help. How come?" he asked her sadly?

"I figured you moved on and your life was going good. I didn't want to burden you. I wasn't even sure if you would remember me."

"Odango, how could you think for a minute I would not remember you?" He gently brushed his lips against hers, not wanting to frighten her. He almost stopped himself, but he just couldn't. He had waited years, and never once did he even think he had a chance.

"Seiya," she whispered softly, and then returned his kiss with one of her own.

Ok, that's it for this chapter…I know it is shorter compared to the other ones, but I felt this is a good place to stop for now. Please review, and let me know how you like this fic! I actually started this 5 years ago (no lie) and just found it when I posted it. So if I get good reviews I will continue. Ja-ne!