Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Small Favor ❯ A Small Favor ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: In an endeavor to gain independence, Trunks has left home to find his own wealth and not to be accused of just gaining status by his mother's accomplishments. His parents didn't like it much but allowed him to go. Letters home show that he's doing very well for himself and for this his parents are very pleased, yet when he gets a letter saying that they're coming for a visit, panic arises in the lavender-haired boys conscience knowing that his letters home haven't been all that truthful.
 
Dear Trunks,
 
Your father and I are very happy that you've been able to do many great things now that you've ventured off on your own. You've managed to build up your own great reputation in business, have your own home, and even managed to find a wife to share that with! (I hope she's as intelligent as my young boy and not just in for the money…if she is, we'll sort that out for you…hehe)
 
I'm so glad that you've kept in touch with us throughout the years but we've, well, I've really missed you and had hoped that you'd come pay a visit. But, since you haven't, your father and I, but mostly me, have decided to come visit you! After all, we all know what our home looks like so now we can come see yours! It'll be great! Of course you're lucky you even got this warning else I would've already been knocking on your front door! Thanks to Bra, I was pressured into writing this since she says it is rude just to show up without prior telling. Well, I can't wait to see you again and to meet this mystery woman that you've married. Vegeta, Bra and I (and maybe your grandparents and more…) will be there Wednesday. Take care until then!
 
Much love,
Mom
 
The paper dropped to the desk as the sky blue eyes that just skimmed it suddenly lost its luster and darkened into a void of disbelief. They're coming for a visit? He sat there frozen in his seat never moving or blinking. This couldn't be happening! His mind kept racing with possible ways that the scene would play out.
 
“Hey mom,” he would say and she'd rush forward to hug him.
 
“Trunks, it's been so long,” she'd say and he'd laugh half-heartedly. Then his father would walk in and just ignore the fact that he was there and look around the place.
 
“Hey dad,” he'd say but would probably only receive a grunt.
 
“Hey Trunks,” would come Bra and she'd possibly give him a hug depending on how happy she was feeling that day. Then they'd all follow him on a tour of his mansion, drive out to see his company and then go to lunch. Then, that dreadful question would arise.
 
The phone suddenly rang giving Trunks a very annoying wake up call.
 
“Hello, this is Trunks Brief speaking,” he answered.
 
“Trunks!” cried out a voice that was all too familiar.
 
“Hi mom,” he said as a sudden weight dropped in the pit of his stomach.
 
“Did you get the letter?” she asked.
 
“Yes,” said Trunks feeling a bit sickly whenever he looked at the paper lying on his desk.
 
“Oh, good,” said Bulma on the other line. There was an awkward silence that followed this making Trunks shift uncomfortably in his seat.
 
“Umm, Trunks,” said his mom.
 
“Yes,” he replied a little antsy.
 
“I was actually calling to get the dress size for your wife,” she said making Trunks nearly fall from his seat. His collar suddenly seemed to be choking him and sweat was dripping as if he had just finished an extreme workout session.
 
“The dress size?” he repeated.
 
“Yeah,” said Bulma. “Your sister's going through a sewing phase and thought that she'd make a dress for your wife as a kind of gift. She just needs to know your wife's measurements.”
 
“Measurements,” said Trunks weakly.
 
“Yes, measurements,” his mother replied. “What, you act as if you don't have a wife, Trunks!”
 
There was immediate silence after this and Trunks froze in panic. Just tell her the truth and it all will be okay. She'll understand and just let you be, but in the back of his mind he envisioned her going into a fit of anger after finding out that he'd lied to her for the past four years about being married. It was enough that he had told her he was married and failed to invite her but explained that it was a private wedding. He still had a feeling that she was holding a grudge for this and possibly it was directed towards his nonexistent wife.
 
“You do have a wife, don't you?” she asked suddenly becoming stern.
 
“O-of course!” Trunks sighed in relief but slapped himself as he realized what he said. Yet, he still wasn't able to stop himself. “She's just never told me her size…” That was lame.
 
“I see,” said his mother. “Well is she there? You can just ask her.”
 
“She's out with her friends mom.”
 
“Does she have a cell phone that you can reach her at?” she asked.
 
“No,” he lied. Why did his mom have to be so inquisitive?
 
“No cell phone huh?” she said.
 
“Nope, we both try to stay away from them,” he lied. “You see, we both are very busy and all with our work-”
 
“She works?” asked Bulma.
 
Trunks gulped. “Y-yeah,” he choked out. “She works.”
 
“Really,” said Bulma sounding a bit interested in this newfound information. “What does she do?”
 
“Oh, you know, she works in an office.”
 
“Doing what?” she asked.
 
“She's a,” he glanced around his desk and finally found a title. “Secretary.”
 
“Secretary,” said his mother. “Sounds, intriguing,” she said sarcastically. “Not exactly a job that I'd consider worthy for a girl that's married to my son.”
 
“Mom,” he said. “She's very good at what she does. As a matter of fact she got employee of the month for it!” he said suddenly finding it strange that he was protecting a woman that really didn't exist.
 
“If you say so son,” she sighed. “Well then, I guess Bra will have to hold off on the dress until we get there. Does your wife like to sew?”
 
“Umm, no,” he said. If he was making up a wife she couldn't be able to do everything, that was just unrealistic. “She doesn't sew.”
 
“Okay then,” said his mom. “I guess that's all.”
 
“Okay, mom,” he said finally sinking back in relief.
 
“Well I'll talk to you later son.”
 
“Alright,” he replied.
 
“I love you.”
 
“I love you too mom,” he said and hung up the phone.
 
“This is just great Trunks, look at the mess that you've gotten yourself into.”
 
Well that's all for now, I hoped you all enjoyed it! Please give me any suggestions that you may have to improve the writing or the plot line. Thanks for reading and I hope you all review! Bye!