Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ The Hands of Fate ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 1 - The Hands of FateThe Fates looked down upon the Earth and sighed in unity because they grewbored with the current timeline of the mortals. Clotho, the aspect of Fate that dwelt onthe present, turned to her sister aspects, Latchesis and Atropus, and said in a soft liltingvoice, "We all grow bored with this prominent timeline, Sisters. I purpose Latchesis goback to the time of the Silver Millennium and create a parallel timeline, thus giving each ofus something new to glimpse, instead of the mundane lives of the mortals of this timeline."As Latchesis smiled at Clotho's idea, Atropus, the aspect that dealt with things ofthe future, spoke up, "That is truly a worthy idea, sister. But what variables do we changeto gain the most interesting results? The Silver Millennium is fraught with things that ifchanged, would result in a new parallel line, including its very end. What variables do yousuggest we alter?"At this point, Latchesis's whispy voice was heard before Clotho could respond. "Sisters, we will but change three factors and from there, we will watch what unfolds." Atropus gave Clotho a dubious stare at their sister's dramatic flare for speech. Latchesiscontinued to say with a wave of her arms, "Tis quite simple really, for I have wanted tosee this for quite some time now. Our first factor is to stop the destruction of the planetbetween Mars and Jupiter, thus adding that planet's senshi to the famed Sailor Senshi ofthe Moon Kingdom."Secondly, we give the Prince of Earth a fair princess and sister, thus again addinganother into the Senshi's fold."And lastly, and most importantly, we alter the attack on the Moon Kingdom intheir favor, thus saving the glorious Silver Millennium from ending." Rocking on the heelsof her bare feet, Latchesis gave her sisters a triumphant glowing smile, saying louder thanwords, that it was time to praise her plan, as they had done for Clotho.Frowning, the ever cynical Atropus rolled her eyes as she spoke the customarypraise. "Your idea is quite ingenious, sister. I believe we should begin our work now, ifwe wish to see the fruit of our labors bloom before our eyes."Clotho clapped her hands together excitedly and let an uncharacteristic squeal ofdelight escape before she realized how silly she must seem. But even Atropus's scowlcould not deter the rarest of pleasures, excitement, from bubbling to the surface andcatching hold as Latchesis began the preparations for the new parallel timeline.The rarely took pleasure in anything anymore and often times wiled away theirimmortality bickering over who would get to cut the thread of one particularly nastymortal or another.And so, the parallel timeline of ours was created and our story begins..........