Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Restoration After Beryl ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2 - Restoration After BerylSelenity sat at the head of the table, surrounded by her fellow princesses, the SailorSenshi. They were all weary, after helping the people of the Moon slowly piece theirshattered lives back together again.The battle with Beryl had almost annihilated the Moon Kingdom and her people,but finally they had beaten back Beryl's dark forces by shear will of force. The turningpoint in the battle had come when Beryl had seen Prince Endymion standing protectivelyin front of Princess Selenity. Beryl had been crushed to see the man she loved defendinganother, who was her sworn enemy. In her moment of indecision and weakness,Endymion had quickly advanced on her and ended her life with one swift blow of hissword. Beryl's dark minions had quickly fallen into chaos without the guiding hand oftheir leader, thus allowing the Moon's forces time to regroup and attack. None butEndymion's four generals survived the massacre that followed, thus ending the darknessthat had sought to eliminate the Moon Kingdom and the glorious peace of the SilverMillennium.Selenity sat back in her chair and surveyed those around her. Pride swelled in her chest as she looked from one Senshi to another. None of them had been lost in the battleand all had fought valiantly against unbeatable odds. She was proud to be counted amongtheir number, even if she did not participate in the fighting.It had been six months since the fall of Beryl and her minions, and slowly, herpeople were rebuilding their lives on their beautiful Silver Moon. And because it was atime of great rejoicing, as well, as hard work, Selenity felt it was time to inform the SailorSenshi of the upcoming events that would change all of their lives. Rising from her chair,all noise fell silent as all eyes turned to listen to their Princess speak. "My friends, I havecalled this meeting today, to inform you all of some.......things, er events that are to arriveshortly and that involve all of us.First and foremost is my upcoming wedding to Prince Endymion of the Earth. As you all know, I wish each of you to be present as my Bride's maids and, of course, Venusshall be my Maid of Honor."Next is news about Endymion's four traitorous Generals, all of whom survivedthe battle. It would seem that they, when approached by the sage Beryl, had been putunder some kind of mind control." Turning to those of the Inner Senshi, she said, "Theyhave all, it would seem, recovered from their trances. And Venus, Mars, Mercury,Jupiter, they have each expressed their deepest sorrow at their transgressions and wishedme to.......er, express their undying affection for each of you respectively."Selenity smirked as she watched the reactions tions of her friends. Mercuryblushed prettily and stared at her hands that rested on the table. Venus had a starry eyedexpression on her face as she stared out the window at the Earth, obviously distracted bydaydreams of Kunzite. Mars had a look of confusion on her face, as if she contemplatedwhether to allow Jadite to pay her court again. And Jupiter sat in her chair with her handsballed into fists, obviously annoyed at Nephlyte's audacity to assume that she would evertake the handsome rogue back after she had fought against him in battle. It was, ofcourse, the reactions she had expected from each of them in turn.Digressing, she looked back to the entire group and said, "And lastly, LI mustannounce my mother's invitations to the Princess Selaria of Earth and the Princess Daphlinof the planet Eris to come and join the Sailor Senshi. I would ask that we, all of us, try tomake them feel welcome and at home, as each of you were treated upon your arrival." Looking pointedly at the more aggressive of the Senshi, Selenity said, "Uranus, Mars,Jupiter........do you each understand? I want them welcomed, not aggravated orthreatened."As each Senshi nodded grudgingly, Selenity saw the scowls that appeared on eachof their faces for being called out by name and reprimanded in front of their comrades. The embarrassment was obvious as well, and Selenity was sure there would berepercussions later in the form of lectures of complaint from each. But, be that as it may,she wanted no trouble and the best way to ensure cooperation was to publicly mockundesirable behavior. And so, she could not say with honesty, that she felt a modicum ofregret, no matter what consequences might follow later.