Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Induction and Revelation ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Part 10 - Induction and RevelationSelaria stepped to the center of the circle of Senshi. They all surrounded her,closing into a tighter circle. As they drew closer, Selaria felt a shudder pass through her,but she stood still, allowing them to do what must be done.Endymion and Daphlin stood in one corner of the room watching the proceedingsthat they were both excluded from. Daphlin whispered angrily, "If you hadn't openedyour big mouth, then we would be joining your sister in the circle tonight. As it is, we arelucky not to be changed with treason."Endyion looked on his companion with growing contempt. "Daphlin, I havedecided that we shall not suit. I am releasing you from your betrothal to me. Now do methe honor of shutting up while my sister is brought into the Senshi."Daphlin, whose mouth had fallen agap, looked on the Prince with shocked horror. Now, not only had she lost her place among the Senshi, she had also lost her place atEndymion's side. "How can you be so cruel, Endymion? First you jilt one woman, andnow me. You are as heartless as that Beryl woman. I hope you are overthrown when youbecome king!" And with a parting sneer, she turned and ran from the room in tears.Endymion took little notice, for his eyes were trained on Selenity, who sat on athrone by her mother, and the man who stood behind her throne, who watched herpossessively.Turning away, even before his sister was inducted into the Sailor Senshi, he left theroom with such a sick feeling that he knew he would wretch very shortly, if he did notescape into the outdoors.Selenity watched him leave out of the corner of her eyes, as she tried to stayfocused on Selaria's acceptance. Nor had she failed to miss the curt words that hadpassed between him and his woman. And as she looked up at Blaine, she saw a look ofstark longing and complete understanding cross his face. And then he bent and whispered,"If you love him as much as you say, Selene, then go after him once this is done. Theremay be a chance yet to be with him." Selenity reached up and took his hand, andsqueezed it gently as a thank you for his understanding.Selaria had not failed to notice what had passed between the two couples either. She felt a thrill of excitement pass through her at the thought of things coming together asthey should have all along. But as she was distracted, she failed to hear each of the Senshicall out their planet power, sending a colored beam shooting from them to her. Andwhen the beams hit her, she screamed in surprise. And then it was over. She was nowSailor Tera, Guardian of the Earth. And with that last lingering thought, she fell to theground unconscious.