Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Decisions of the Heart, Part I ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 16 - Decisions of the Heart, Part 1Endymion sat next to Selenity, listening as she told him her mother's conditions. And when she had finally told him that he would have to give up the throne in favor of hissister, he became enraged. "How dare that old harpy ask me to do such a thing! That ismy blood right, why should I have to give it up to marry you?"Selenity looked at him calmly and whispered, "You plotted to overthrow theMoon Kingdom not long ago, Endymion. I think it is reasonable in light of that to provethat you are no longer a threat to the Moon. By putting your sister on the throne, Earthwill conform to my mother's law of who should rule in this Solar System. And it wouldalso cut your ties there, leaving you open to become king when I take the throne."From her perspective, it is not that unreasonable, if you think about it. What sheoffers you is a great deal more than what you will receive on your own."Endymion rose and began to pace uneasily. Running his hand through his jet blackhair, he said in a distracted voice, "I don't know, Selenity. I must have some time to think about this. Please be patient and understand if I do not answer immediately. Your motherasks me to forsake my people, in order to rule the Solar System at your side. I .......I needtime."Selenity nodded cordially, "Take all of the time you need, Endymion. I will behere when you have finished your deliberations."After a curt nod, he turned and walked away from her, leaving her alone yetagain. Burying her face in her hands, Selenity finally allowed herself the pleasure (so tospeak) to cry over the travesty their love had become.