Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Reunions ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 15 - ReunionsReni walked at Selenity's side and listened as she explained what was going tohappen and why. "It stands to reason that if you are Endymion's and my child, and mymother meets you, she will see that our match is ment to be. She cannot deny the truthwhen she meets the product of our union.""That makes sense, except that it does not ensure the Queen will agree. She mayask the pertinent question of what past my parents come from, for it is not this one. And Iwill not lie to your mother."Selenity rolled her eyes in frustration as they got ever closer to the Queen'sbedchamber. "No one is asking you to lie, Reni. All I'm asking you to do is refrain fromspeaking about what should have been."Finally the reached the Queen's chamber door. And as Selenity opened it, she castone last pleading look to her daughter. Then they both stepped through the doors andentered the Queen's room. Selenity called out, "Mother, I have someone I want you tomeet, please."The two young women watched as Queen Selenity walked out of an alcove andsteeped up to them. Looking from her daughter to the pink haired c hild, the Queen tooka sharp intake of breath. "My granddaughter?"Surprised, Selenity nodded and said, "She is from the future. She is PrincessSelenity of Crystal Tokyo, mother. She is mine and Endymion's child."The Queen cast a skeptical glance at the girl again. "I'm sorry, Selenity, but eventhe flesh and blood child of your union cannot convince me to allow you to wed him afterwhat he has done."I wish you to consider a union with General Blaine, instead. You fancied yourselfin love with him once, and I'm sure you can again if you try." Turning to Reni, she said,"I'm sorry, child, but the future will hold no place for you if you are the product of theirunion. Granddaughter or not, I can not grant your wish, Selenity."Reni looked on the Queen with disgust now. Frowning, she said , "You wouldthrow away a love that transcends lifetimes to have your daughter marry someone shedoes not love? Why? Why doesn't Endymion deserve another chance? He is human andhe makes mistakes like anyone else. And if he genuinely regrets his actions, why shouldhe not be given the chance to prove it, Queen Selenity?"The Queen considered what Reni had said before she spoke again, "What you say,little one, does hold merit, though I am begrudging to admit it." Turning to her daughter,the Queen added, "Very well, Selenity. You have convinced me to give Endymion asecond chance to prove he is worthy of your hand. And if he do es, then I will approveyour union."Selenity said excitedly, "How must he prove himself, mother?"The Queen stared at her daughter for a minute before saying in an icy tone, "Hemust renounce the throne of Earth in favor of his sister, Selaria." And with that said, theQueen turned away from them and went about her business, leaving two startled and silentwomen looking after her.