Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Hearts Rekindled ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 14 - Hearts RekindledSelenity sat in the garden alone, taking advantage of a stolen minute of solitude. She knew, though, that it would end shortly, for this was the path Endymion took when hewent for his morning strolls. As if by design, she saw him walking toward her, seemingsurprised to see her. "Selenity, pray excuse me. If I had known you were here, I wouldhave taken another path today."Selenity smiled at his genuine concern and waved her hand dismissively. "It is ofno consequence, for I am here waiting to talk to you, actually."Endymion's eyebrow lifted in surprise and as he took the seat next to her incaution, he said, "Indeed?""I .....I wanted to talk to you. After you broke off our engagement, we neverreally had a chance to talk about the why of your departure. I mean, I know you becameengaged to that Daphlin person, but I wonder now why you have broken it off with her asyou did me."Endymion smiled, "That is quite simple really, Selenity, she was to you. I realizedI was settling because I felt inferior to the pedestal I set you on in my mind. You didn'tdeserve how I treated you and neither did Daphlin, for she genuinely wanted to join theSenshi. I pray someday you can forgive her, despite what happened."Shaking her head, Selenity whispered, "I don't care one way or another aboutDaphlin. It is.....you that I wish to forgive, because even after all that has happened, I stilllove you with all of my heart."Endymion was struck speechless as a rush of excited hope rushed through him. And yet, he cautiously wondered how this woman could still love him after all that hadtranspired between them. He had been cold, calculating, and heartless and yet here satSelenity proclaiming her love for him still. Finally as he saw the nervous and anxious lookin her eyes, he spoke, carefully trying to cover the emotions that raged within him. "Yousay you still love me, even after I jilted you, asked you to bring Daphlin into the Senshi,and plotted to steal your throne? Somehow, Selenity, that seems a bit far fetched for meto believe."Selenity flinched as if she had been struck in the face. But she gathered her prideand said, "Be that as it may, I spoke the truth when I said I loved you still." Rising with ahaughty air, she looked down at him in indignation, and said, "It took a great deal for meto come to you like this, Endymion. I had to humble myself before the man that jilted mefor another woman and then plotted against me."So I think you should be a bit more careful in the cruel accusations you make topeople. And keep in mind, that I am the victim here, not you."AS she turned to walk away, Endymion rose and put his hands on her shoulders tostop her retreat. "Selenity, it is just difficult to believe that you would even considerforgiving me after the way I sacted. I was scared and stupid and cruel, and most of all Ihurt you. " Turning her towards him, he enfolded her into his arms pressed her to hischest. "God, I'm so sorry, Selenity." At this point, Endymion stopped caring aboutappearances and finally allowed himself to cry.Selenity lifted her face to look up at Endymion and saw his tears. Raising her handto his cheek, she gently wiped away the tear that had just fallen from his eye. Smiling, shewhispered, "If you can weep for me, then I think I can forgive you, my love."Endymion groaned in excitement and crushed her to his chest again. And with asmile that went from ear to ear, he whispered, "I will never let you go again if you willhave me back, Selenity. I've realized that there is no one in the universe that can comparewith you in my eyes. Please......please say that you will take me back. I don't think I canlive another day knowing you might belong to that other man, General Blaine."Selenity giggled as she wrapped her arms around Endymion's neck. "I think thatcan be arranged that is if you still want me."Endymion beamed as he looked down at the young woman in his arms, "I alwayshave wanted you, Selenity. Never doubt that again, for I want you as my wife as soon asit can be arranged."Selenity shook her head and whispered, "First you must convince mother toreinstate our betrothal. She doesn't look well on her daughter being humiliated. In factshe has even gone so far as to promote the idea of a match between Blaine and I. Andbefore I knew you, she sent him away to keep us apart because she didn't think himworthy of me."Endymion released her and sat down on the bench again. "That may indeed pose aproblem. All of this is so sudden that the Queen wasn't figured into the equation untilnow. She will probably block my suit indefinitely after the way I've acted."Selenity sat down by him and smiled reassuringly as her eyes locked with his. "Ithink she can be brought around in time. We just need to show her how serious we are inthis endeavor.""I can't say I'm as optimistic as you are on the subject of your mother. Sheprobably hates me, and I can't say I blame her, for the way I have behaved.""I know a way for her to come around almost immediately.""And what is that, pray tell?"Smiling mischievously, Selenity said, "That is my secret for now. But I guarenteethat it will at least make her rethink the idea of blocking our union. Trust me."Touching his thumb to her lips , he slowly traced a line around them. "AlwaysSelenity. From here on out, always and forever.”