Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ The Fate's Betrayal Discovered ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 13 - The Fate's Betrayal DiscoveredLatchesis sat huddled in Clotho's arms as she listened to Atropus's ranting. "Ican't believe how stupid you are, Latchesis. You knew the rules about directly interferingin mortal's lives, even in a parallel timeline."My gosh, you took a child out of her own timeline and placed her into another,allowing her to tell Selenity about how things should have been. Do you know, do youunderstand the ramifications of what you have done?"Latchesis sat up straight and lifted her chin in defiance, "Yes sister, I know what Ihave done. I have given all of them a fighting chance at survival and possibly evenhappiness as well. The thought of that witch, Beryl, being resurrected is enough to makeme go to any lengths to help those two forlorned lovers, despite the personalconsequences."Clotho looked at Latchesis as a mother might when scolding a child who hasmisbehaved. "Latchesis, you can not change the course of time as you have done withoutserious repercussions. It is all we can do to keep Zeus from punishing you severely."Atropus shook her head in frustration and said in almost a shout, "FranklyLatchesis, I grow tired of being a buffer, for you each time you become emotionallyinvolved with the mortals and decide to flounce the rules to suit your whims. I don't likehaving to be the arbitrator when Zeus comes to punish you."Latchesis gave her sister a look of indignation. "No one asked you to be a buffer,Atropus. I can take whatever Zeus deals out on me, for I know I did the right think. Andnothing you can say can convince me differently."No one like Beryl deserves the chance to be resurrected. She has already doneenough harm to these people's lives."Endymion and Selenity deserve a fair chance to reunite, without the threat ofBeryl looming over their heads. And I believe the young one could be the catalyst thatreunites them in the end."Why is that so wrong, Atropus? After what we have done to the parallel timelinefor our own entertainment, don't you think it would be cruel not to help them cometogether again? We set the obstacles in their paths, and its our responsibility to help themif their love is true."Atropus shook her head skeptically and said in a low and serious tone, "True loveor not, Latchesis, you should not have interfered when our backs were turned. You donot have the right to alter destinies without all three of us agreeing."Latchesiss became angry at this point for she had finally grown tired of her sisteraspect's cynical attitude. "Just because you think a mortal's life is unimportant beyondanything more than entertainment, doesn't mean that everyone else does. I personallybelieve that each mortal life is precious because it is so fleeting. And these lives inparticular are exceptional because of the way they impact so many lives."But you don't see anything beyond your own entertainment. You completelymiss the fact that each life is rare and unique in its own right. Does it even hit you thatbeyond the threads we weave in this tapestry, there are people who live, love, and die bythe cut of our scissors?"If we didn't help them on occasion think of what kind of goddesses we would be. You make me ashamed of what we are, Atropus."Atropus stood starring at Latchesis in muted shock that her sister could become soimpassioned over mere mortals. But as she silently turned away and walked from theroom, she could not but admit that her sister was right to some degree.