Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ A Child Comes ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 12 - A Child ComesSelenity sat alone, thinking again how Endymion had broken her heart. It wasclose to morning, but she had no inclination or desire to dream of the love she had lost.Looking up into the night sky, with only the Earth offering any light, she said asilent prayer to the Goddess of the Moon. "Please Selene, hear this woman's plea. Showme some way to repair what has happened. Please help me, Selene. I don't think I cando this alone." She wrapped her arms around herself protectively as she allowed herself toweep openly for the first time.Suddenly great clouds covered the sight of the clear night and loud thunderscreeched as lightening bolts jetted across the sky. At first Selenity thought that perhapsBeryl was returning, but realized it was something different as she watched a glowing holeopen up in the sky, ripping through the dark massive clouds. From its depths, Selenitysaw a single object fall from the dark ring.Shaken, she rushed out of the palace and headed into the gardens, where she hadseen it fall. Hope bubbled within her as she recalled her simple prayer to the MoonGoddess. Could Selene have sent her something to aid her in her quest to right what hadhappened with Endymion? It was all she had to cling to as she ran past rose bush afterrose bush.Finally, she found the place where it had landed and to her utter surprise, shefound a tiny pink haired child, in a gown much like her own what empire waist gown withgold trimming, laying in a small indention in the ground, unconscious.Slowly, she walked towards her and was shocked to discover that the child's hairwas in the same style as her own. Stepping cautiously closer, she finally reached thechild's side. With a helpless sigh, she bent over and picked the child up and carried her toan near by pavilion. Once inside, she laid the girl down on a cushioned chair and thenturned back to shut the door. When she turned to face the slumbering child again, shediscovered that the girl's eyes had come open and that she looked up at Selenity instunned shock.Selenity pulled a chair up next to where the girl lay and said softly, "You are onthe Moon, in the Palace of the Moon, little one. I am Princess Selenity. Can you speak? Do you know your name?"The child struggled to sit up and when she had righted herself, she looked atSelenity and said, "I am Princess Selenity of Crystal Tokyo. And if what you say is true,then you are my mother's previous incarnation of the Moon Kingdom."Selenity stared a the child in bewilderment. The child smiled gently and went on,"Most call me Reni, to make it less confusing about our names." Reni stopped dead andlooked at Selenity in horror. "What day is it? Have you heard of Beryl? You mustwatch...."Selenity raised her hand to silence Reni. "Beryl is dead along with her minions. Endymion killed her, thus turning the tide of the struggle in our favor. We were victoriousin the end."Reni shook her head in disagreement and argued, "That can't be, Selenity. Historysays that when Beryl attacked, you and everyone else were slaughtered. The Queen usedthe Silver Crystal to allow all of you to be reborn and to push the darkness baack, butBeryl was not vanquished, only displaced for at time. And then, ahead in time, you werereborn, and as Sailor Moon, you used the Silver Crystal to finish Beryl and gain retributionfor the Moon's distraction."Endymion died along side you at Beryl's hand. This should not be happening likethis. You should be dead now."As reni contemplated this revelation she was surprised when she heard Selenitygasp. Turning to look at her, Reni saw the effect her words had had on the MoonPrincess. Her face had turned an ashen white color and her eyes seemed distant, and sheheld a protective hand to her throat. Realizing her mistake, Reni quickly said, "That ishow history recalls those events in my future. But there could be any number of variationsto that when one thinks about parallel dimensions."AS if coming out of a trance, Selenity looked at Reni, considering her next wordscarefully. "Tell me, Reni, in the future, in this reborn time, are Endymion and I together?"Reni smiled knowingly, "I am the living proof of that fact, Selenity. Mama told meonce that when the Queen died, she somehow prayed that your love would bepreordained, so that it would transend time. For the love that you felt for him and his foryou, could live again, and it did."Selenity sat back in her char, considering what she had been told. Finally, shelooked to reni and asked, "Tell me about this Sailor Moon.""Sailor Moon is the Sailor Suited Senshi of love and Justice and the Gaurdian ofthe Moon. She, along with the rest of the reborn Senshi, defend the Earth against evil."Confused, Selenity replied, "But there is no Sailor Moon. There are of courseSenshi of every planet, except Eris, but I've never heard of Sailor Moon."Reni now looked confused. "I've never heard of a planet named Eris and therenever was an official Senshi of Earth, save Endymion."Selenity grazed her chin with her hand, thinking how different Reni's time seemed. Then something odd struck her. "You said that the Senshi defend the Earth. But what ofall the other planets?"Reni frowned thoughtfully, "All of the other planets are uninhabited. Earth is theonly one left with life on it. Ohh, and as to Sailor Moon, the reborn you uses the SilverCrystal to transform.""Is my mother also reborn?"The look in Reni's eyes told Selenity the truth even before Reni spoke. "I'm sorry,Selenity. But she wasn't reborn. Only you, Endymion, the Sailor Senshi, and Endymion'sfour generals were reborn."At that moment, as Selenity thought of something to blot out all Reni had told her,she realized that this girl had just been through a very traumatic experience and neededrest, not the third degree. "I think we have spoken enough for tonight, Reni. Themorning will be here very soon, so why don't I have a room prepared for you so that youcan rest. After the fall you took, your lucky to be in one piece."Reni smiled warmly and said, "I'm used to it by now. I've done quite a bit of timetravel in my short life."Selenity helped Reni to rise and escorted her into the palace. After Reni wassettled in for the night, Selenity returned to the verandah she had been on before findingReni and began to contemplate the things Reni had said. Her love for Endymion waspreordained to transcend time? All life, save Earth, gone. Sailor Moon. Her motherexisting no more. Beryl winning over the Moon Kingdom. It made no sense, and yet itdid. Allot of her 'what if' questions had finally been answered. In this parallel dimentionReni talked of, there was no planet Eris, having been reduced to an astroid belt, and therewas no Sailor Tera, save Prince Endymion himself. Had things changed so drasticallywhen Endymion had taken Beryl's life? Of course they had, she mused, for the MoonKingdom still existed, life flourished on all of the worlds, and Eris still existed as a planet.Tapping her hand on the railing, she pondered how to bring things back to howthey should be, without destroying the Silver Millennium. And though it pained her toadmit it, she knew with all of her heart that to begin mending the rift, she must let go ofher pride and speak with Endymion as soon as possible.