Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Decisions of the Heart, Part II ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 18 - Decisions of the Heart, Part 2Selenity sat in the gardens, thinking of the conversation she had had with Reni thenight she arrived. All of it seemed blurred somehow, because they all lived on, in spite ofBeryl's plans. All that mattered to her now was the idea of again being with Endymion.Pulling her out of her revere, Selenity heard a man clearing his throat. Looking up,in hopes that it was Endymion, she found herself sitting next to Blaine. At the slightfrown that crossed her face, BLaine looked at her with startled eyes. "I know that I amnot the man you were hoping for, but surely my company can not be as bad as you portrayit to be. Or is it that I have done something to offend you?"Selenity allowed a peek of a smile to show as she slapped his arm playfully. "Youknow full well that you could never offend me, Blaine. Stop with the melodrama, willyou?"Blaine smiled in return and raised his hand as an actor might, "Ah fair Selene, doyou still wait in your castle for your prince to rescue you, or could you be waiting for ageneral?"Selenity giggled, for the both knew her heart belonged to Endymion. But it wassometimes nice to imagine a 'what if' where she was to wed Blaine. "I wait for my soulmate, good sir, be him prince, general, or cobbler. It does not matter, as long as we areforever more at each others sides."Again Selenity saw a fleeting look of longing on Blaine's face before it wasmasked over by one of levity. "Well, fair princess, I will search night and day until I findthe one that will break your bonds and set you free to love again." He quickly rose, put hishand to his heart, and bowed solemnly. "I'm sorry, Selene. I can not go on pretendingthat this does not hurt me, when it does. I should never have returned to begin with."Selenity watched him turn away from her and walk away and she felt shame for thelove he deserved but that she could not give. 'What if' and 'if only' would never happenbetween them. And at that moment, she had to agree that it would have been better hadhe stayed away, if only to save him the pain she saw in his eyes each time he was near her.On an off note, her mind drifted to Endymion, and again she became consumedwith concern over what he would decide to do. Finally, her anxiety got the better of herand she rose to go and talk to him in person. hen she reached his bedchamber, she hesitated for a second, wondering if it waswise to enter a man's bedchamber demanding answers. But what worry she felt, flittedaway when she felt a rush of adrenaline surge through her. Gathering her nerve, sheopened the door and stepped in without so much as a knock.She was startled to find Endymion clad in only breeches, sitting on the edge of hisbed.....weeping. He had his head held in his hands, bowed as if he were in pain. Steppingover to him, as her surprise ebbed, she placed a tentative had on his head to offer comfort.He immediately looked up at her, rose, and began to pace. Her heart lurched asshe saw him wipe away his tears. Gathering her courage, she aid what she had come tosay, "It has been many days now, Endymion. I have come to ask what you have decidedto do."He looked up at her with condescension in his eyes, "Do you think that somethinglike this can be decided in a day, Selenity? I am the Crown Prince of Earth, not acommoner. I must first see if Selaria is capable of ruling, then inform and deal with myparents, and still yet publicly abdicate the throne in favor of my sister. What your motherasks takes much time to accomplish, that is why I asked for your patience."Stunned, Selenity murmured, "So then you do want to marry me? I wasn't sure upuntil now."Endymion strode over to her and took her into his arms. Holding her to his barechest, he said in a reassuring voice, "Of course, I want to marry you, Selenity. I love youenough to give up my throne. Never.....never doubt that again. For I shall be at your sideuntil the end of time."Selenity pulled away just enough to be able to look up at him. "Endymion, Iwanted you to know something. My mother's way of thinking, that only women shouldrule to keep the peace, I don't agree wit those ideas. When I take the throne, so will you,and we will rule together."I love you for your sacrifice, but more than that, my love, I trust you with mykingdom."Endymion smiled down at her as he again brought her into his embrace. Never inhis life did he imagine he would wed his Selenity after what he had done. As he felt thewarmth of her cheek against his skin, he sighed and though, the fates must smile down onme to give me a second chance at happiness.
1.