Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Beryl Revisited ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 19 - Beryl RevisitedSitting alone in the garden, Selaria starred up at her homeworld and was filled withpride that Endymion had given the throne to her, in order to marry Selenity. He hadquizzed her on royal protocol, etiquette, and diplomacy for hours, until her head hadpounded for the rest of the night. But in the end, he had deemed her worthy to rule theirhomeworld, Earth. Taking a deep breath of the sweet air of the Moon, she smiled insatisfaction. Finally, she felt equal to her Senshi comrades. Finally, she felt whole.Suddenly, a loud buzzing sound rang in her ears. AS it began to grow louder andlouder, she looked up into the sky and saw a dark rift tear through the sky. Jumping toher feet, as she saw a dark cloud begin to ooze from the rift, she realized what washappening. Beryl had returned.Without thought, she rushed through the courtyard and into the palace screaming,"Beryl is here! Hurry, Beryl is attacking!" People began to rush in all directions, causing chaos to overtake them. And theprevailing thought running through all of their minds was, Beryl had surprised them yetagain. And this time, there was very little chance they would survive the coming battle.Selaria rushed into the throne room where all of the Senshi were gathered, alongwith the Queen, the Princess Selenity, and Prince Endymion. "Beryl is here! We musthurry!"The Queen looked at her daughter and nodded, saying, "It is time, Selenity." Taking her moon stick from a servant who rushed up, she handed it to the Princess andsaid, "Take up the Silver Crystal and join the Senshi. Defend the Moon, Selenity."Selenity saw the grave look her mother gave her and nodded silently. Without somuch as a word, she took the moon stick from her mother and turned away. Rising, shelooked to the Sailor Senshi and nodded. And as she walked from the throne room, the allwalked behind her, following her lead.Beryl's forces struck the Moon swiftly and mercilessly. Destroying wholebuildings and murdering groups of still unsuspecting people, Beryl's minions struck outwith a vengeance, retaliating for the devastating loses their side had taken in their lastattack.Selenity and all of the Senshi walked calmly out of the palace. All weretransformed, save Selenity and Reni, who had joined them as they had left the palace.Following Reni's lead, Selenity raised her moon stick and repeated Reni's words,"Moon Cosmic Power!" Selenity's cloths burst into a blaze of red ribbons that wrappedaround her and formed a sailor costume like those the Senshi wore.Reni looked up at Selenity, smiling, and said, "You are Sailor Moon, Champion ofLove and Justice, and Guardian of the Moon."Selenity looked down at herself in wonderment, unsure of what to do next. Turning, as if by instinct to where Beryl, who had somehow been resurrected , stood,Selenity noticed for the first time the woman who stood at Beryl's right hand side,Daphlin, the Princess of Eris.At that moment, Daphlin turned and looked at Selenity. Sneering, she saidsomething to Beryl and pointed to the princess. Beryl looked up and saw Selenitystanding with the rest of the Sailor Senshi and began to laugh almost hysterically.Selenity looked nervously at the others, but found no solace there, for in this battleshe was their leader. Each of the Senshi crowded closer to Selenity and laid a hand onher, offering their power and support.Beryl stopped laughing and screamed, "Your mother sent her child to face mealone, without even her traitorous lover to protect her?" She began to laugh again, andcalled out to Queen Selenity, "Selenity, you make this much to easy for me!"At that same moment, Reni looked at Selenity as she raised her crystal and called"Moon Cosmic Power". Each of the Sailor Senshi followed Reni's lead and called outtheir planet powers in unison. On each Senshi's forehead appeared their planet sign, andon Reni's appeared a crescent moon. Selenity stood still as she watched all of this occur in wrapped silence. But whenVenus looked at her and said, "Now Selenity, it is your turn." She realized that whethershe was ready or not, it was her time to wield the Silver Crystal in defense of her planetand her people.Gathering her courage, she looked to the Senshi and said, "Lend my your strength,my friends, please." The symbols on their heads rose and shot out towards Selenity. Andin the moment when glowing symbols hit her from all directions, she raised the SilverCrystal and cried, "Moon Cosmic Power!"Beryl's eyes flared to life as she recognized the approaching danger. Looking toDaphlin, she yelled, "Help me, you fool! Don't just stand their starring like an idiot!"Daphlin instantly obeyed by turning on the Senshi and firing small flaming beams atthem. Tears fell from her eyes, hazing her vision, as she watched Prince Endymion step upbeside Selenity. With renewed desire for revenge, she screamed and threw herself at him ina rage.A bright beam of light shot out from Selenity's hands, engulfing the onslaught ofdarkness in its wake. AS the heavenly light passed over Daphlin, Selenity heard a chokingscream and then there was silence. Beryl burst into flames when the ethereal light struckher, leaving only her charred remains as a testament of her resurrection. Beryl's minionsfled, but could not reach the rift in time to save themselves and they all perished along sidetheir Queen.When the light began to ebb and finally dissipated, Selenity fell to the ground,unconscious. The Senshi rushed to her aid, but were stopped in their tracks by Reni'scommand to halt.Endymion lifted Selenity into his arms and cradled her to his chest. Turningtoward the Senshi, he noticed Reni for the first time. Noting the resemblance between thewoman in his arms and the pink haired child, he cast her a questioning look. But he gaveher no chance explanation, for he quickly said, "Beryl has been defeated and the Moon issafe once again. "You have all battled well this night and are to be commended for your courageand strength." Without another word, he left them and took Selenity inside where hermother waited to take over her daughter's care.