Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ A Time of Peace ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 20 - A Time of PeaceEndymion glanced nervously around him at all of the people gathered in the Temple of the Moon Goddess, and wondered for the hundredth time how he could be solucky after all the mistakes he had made.Just then, drawing him out of his reverie, the music began to play and the doors ofthe Temple opened to reveal the Outer Senshi walking forward into the Grand Hall. Afterthey Outer Senshi had entered the room, Endymion watched as the four Inner Senshiwalked in on his four Generals' arms. Next came a beaming Reni, followed by his sister,Selaria, who was the Maid of Honor.Once all of them stood in place by the altar, Endymion watched in wrappedanticipation as Selenity glided into the room at her mother's side. His eyes very nearlypopped out of his head as he beheld the love of his life, clad in a white empire waist gown,peppered with glittering diamonds and pearls.When she finally reached the altar, Endymion took a quick breath of air in asQueen Selenity handed her daughter over to his care. And in a low voice, the Queen said,"Take care of her, Endymion, or you shall suffer my wrath." He nodded and he andSelenity turned to face the altar where the High Priestess stood.The Priestess raised her hands and all fell silent in the room. Looking to thecouple, shes aid, "We have come here today in the presence of the Moon Goddess, Selene,to join Prince Endymion of the Earth and Princess Selenity of the Moon in holywedlock....."When it came time for Endymion to speak his vows, he cleared his throat ands aid, "Selenity, you are the part of me that I have always felt was missing. My love for you ismy strength and my lifeline. I will spend my remaining days worshipping you andprotecting you. And if the time ever arises, I will gladly lay down my life for you."Selenity blinked back tears as she looked up into the face of her beloved. "Endymion, you above all others make my heart and soul complete. My love for you hasgiven me the strength to fight unbeatable odds and conquer the greatest of evils. And Iwill spend the remainder of my days in blissful happiness with you at my side."After the closing blessing of the Moon Goddess, spoken by the high priestess,Endymion lifted Selenity into the safety of his arms and touched his lips to hers in a kissthat would seal their unbreakable bond of love for all of eternity.And somewhere in the distance, three sisters wept tears of joy as they added thelast thread to the tapestry and were finally finished.