Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ An American Boy in Tokyo 2: The Return of Alex Simpleton ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Alex? Oh my god, dear! Come here! Quickly! It's Alex!" I stood in front of my mother at their new house. I had grown ten years older since that wormhole swallowed my house and began my adventures in Tokyo. Mina stood beside me smiling silently. This was her first visit to my home Realm. My dad rushed to the door, cigarette in hand.

"Son! How have you been? Come in, come in, and who's this lovely lady on your arm?" He asked.

"Well, did you guys get my letter?" I asked.

"Yes, Mr. Jackson delivered it himself, and talked with us for quite some time, is what he says true?"

"That depends, what did he say?"

"Did you save the planet?"

"Well, I didn't do it, at least not alone, I played a role in the planet's preservation though, yeah."

"That's great son, so this is Mina?" He laughed. "Your Psychologist would be shitting gold bricks right now if she knew."

"Yeah, hey dad, can I bum a smoke, I forgot mine."

"Sure thing, son, guess things in Fantasy Land drove you to it, huh?"

"Oh yeah, picked up the habit within my first hour there. Something about having my face smashed in by five super heroes kinda makes you a little edgy."

"Well now, you're a super-hero yourself. How are the inventions coming along?"

"Quite nicely, with IROG's technology, I've designed so many things to market on F.E. that it's not funny. Bad part is, none of them would work over here."

"Why is that?"

"Two totally separate realms, they have different physics to them."

"What about your armor?"

"Yeah it'd work here, it's just a bunch of elementary devices pieced together in a fancy shell. Hydraulic muscle amps, regular laser tubes, the only thing that's not elementary is the belt, that's a combination homing device and teleportation link."

"Well, Mina, why don't we go have a cup of coffee and let the boys catch up?" My mom asked. Mina smiled at her gratefully.

"I'd like that, Mrs. Simpleton, thank you."

"Oh please, dear, you're family now, call me Jayne."

"Alright Jayne." Mina leaned over and pecked me on the cheek before starting off with my mother to the kitchen.

"Come on, son, let's go have a few cold ones, eh?"

"Sounds great, dad." We walked into the living room.

"So what exactly happened over there?" He asked.

"Well, dad, when I first got there, I thought I was dreaming and was going to end up back on my meds again. It wasn't until after I first met them that I realized it was real." I started, he sat there and listened intently as I told him about my first encounters with the sailor scouts, the Dark Agency's new monsters, and so forth. Just then, my belt toned. I looked down at it and pressed a button on my wrist watch. Jackson's face appeared.

"Enjoying your vacation, Alex?"

"It just started, Jackson, don't tell me you need me back already!"

"No, in fact you're in a better position where you are. Trouble's brewing. General Shenlong has escaped we tracked his escape craft to the Dark Zone, but lost him shortly afterwards."

"Lost him? How?"

"Reports indicate that he may have flown into a cloaking field."

"The D.A. can't cloak, when did they learn that trick?"

"Intelligence doesn't think it's the D.A. that cloaked him."

"What? Who else could it be?"

"The Drixar."

"Whoa, hold the phones, I thought you said that they were extinct."

"We thought they were, but some debris floating outside the field was investigated by black ops, they reported that the vessels had been ripped to shreds and rewired, the Drixar Callsign."

"Okay, so what's the problem?"

"We had to chase him through a wormhole. They're in your realm."

"That could be why they've gone invisible for so damn long. Any chance that of association with the D.A. or N.V.?"

"It's possible, could be how they avoided our sensor arrays."

"What's the status?"

"Right now, yellow. Shenlong has you on the brain, he won't stop until one of you dies."

"Well then, should you capture him again, bring him to me, and we'll end this."

"End what?" Mina asked walking in with my mom.

"Just some unfinished business, dear, it's nothing." I smiled and looked back at the watch. "Keep me posted."

"You got it, sir." I powered off the watch.

"No such thing as a vacation?" Dad asked.

"Heh," I laughed and shook my head taking a drink from the beer bottle. "Not in my career field, a vacation for me, would be if I only had to beat a few of those guys into the ground."

"What guys?" Mina asked. "what's going on?"

"Oh, Jackson's guys found some debris in space, they said it matches the destruction pattern of a race though to have been extinct for a few thousand years, they don't have any proof that they're still alive, it's just a few jumpy scanner ops, dear."

"Oh, for a minute there I was worried that Shenlong might have escaped." My dad and I couldn't help but to look at each other.

"W-Why would you think that?" I asked, smiling and taking another drink.

"Alex Simpleton!" My mom said. "You still haven't changed, you still stutter when you lie."

"Alex, did he escape?" I took a deep breath.

"Yes, they tracked him through a wormhole and lost him in a cloaking field." My belt went off again.

"What Jackson?" I asked powering up the watch. Jackson's face was pale and his eyes were wide.

"We're in trouble, Alex. Look at this." I saw the ship floating on the screen.

"What am I looking at, Jackson?" I asked.

"General Shenlong's escape pod." I stood up.

"Where is he?"

"No body has turned up yet, but if he was killed, we're in some serious shit."

"No doubt, how're my upgrades coming along?"

"We're up to version 5.7"

"New equipment?"

"Oh yeah, jet pack, helmet mounted, optic controled lasers, and we're developing a cloaking mechanism."

"Good, keep it up, I may need it."

"Got it. I'll double up the research team..."

"No, Jackson, I want every man available on patrol in flights, find that body."

"Sir." A voice in the background said.

"What is it?" Jackson asked.

"We found something you should see." He handed Jackson a small medical examining screen.

"Thank you, Sergeant, carry on." He handed it back to the soldier. "Alex, they have confirmation, traces of General Shenlongs blood were found on the ship, but more importantly, traces of an unidentified type of blood have also been found."

"Wait a minute. I thought you guys identified that Drixar blood type."

"We did, but who else could it be?"

"Apparently we have some new players in town. Copy cats? Could be a ploy formulated by the D.A. or the N.V. to make us think he's dead."

"There's only one way to find out."

"Pull out of that sector, find a moon or something to hide on, and double up research on the cloaking engine. Then send in a team of black ops to investigate who we're dealing with. As soon as they have visual confirmation they are to withdraw. Then, report to me in person, and we'll come up with a plan of action."

"Yes, sir, give me two weeks."

"Oh, and have my armor outfitted with the phase three rocket launchers also."

"Sir? Those are pretty cumbersome."

"I know, but they look cool as hell, and I might need them, you never can tell."

"Right away sir." Jackson chuckled and shook his head. "Should I inform the others?" He asked.

"No, Serena's got more important things to do than worry about this. She's got an empire of her own to build."

"Roger, later, Alex." I powered off the watch a second time.

"And he wonders why I ripped out the lithium cell last time." I said rolling my eyes. Mina was staring at me wide eyed. "Honey, it's okay."

"Wh-Wh-Who could have killed him...th-th-that quickly?"

"I'm sure it's a ploy, dear, he's still alive, you'll see."

"That's not a consolation, Alex!" She said.

"Okay, Mina, we've been through this before. Your job is to protect Serena, everything else is under my jurisdiction, just stop worrying. there'a an army of specialists at my disposal, they'll do a majority of the fighting before I even get a chance."

"Alex, what's going on?" Dad asked me.

"As usual, there's an evil force poised to strike and cause certain doom to the planet, dad. You should really watch some of those animes I told you about."

"I did, I'm quite a moonie myself these days." He held up his watch, it had Amy's insignia on it.

"Sailor Mercury?" I asked, cockeyed.

"Yeah, she kinda reminded me of you." He said.

"She does, doesn't she?" Mina asked. Just then my watch went off a third time.

"Dammit, Jackson, what now?" I asked, but the face I saw on the face wasn't Jackson, it was a face I hadn't seen in years, but would never forget.