Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ As the Tears Come Down ❯ Love's Flashback ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Love's Flashback
 
Authors Note: Hi there again, sorry if I kept you waiting to long, but I hope that the new story that I added suppressed your waiting for a while. Anyway I am so glad that I finished with this chapter, not that I don't like Minako, she is just kind of hard to write for me. Well I hope you like the story and please, please review! Oh and when the words are in italics it is them thinking. I don't know if I already told you all this but all of their own little moments are happening at the same time, its not like it is a hour or day later for each one, that why in the first chapter Minako looked up and saw Makoto on the balcony and then heard her scream.

She moved away from him and looked up to his handsome face. It was handsome, but somehow it was different from the last time she saw him. "Last I heard you were on Terra. My advisors told me that you had betrayed your Prince and your kingdom. Is this true?"

He stood there silent for a while before he said, "I don't remember."

She turned away from him and softly sighed. "Please tell me the truth Kunzite. How can you not remember? If you did betray your planet I am sure you would remember something that significant in your life.”
 
“I don't know if I did or not. There is nothing in my memory of me betraying anyone or anything.” He answered back truthfully.
 
“Do you love me?" She asked softly.

He looked at the amazingly beautiful woman in front of him. Her long golden hair was blowing in the cold night wind and her eyes were filled with curiosity and hope. "No." He answered coldly.

She gasped softly and now he saw her eyes were filled with sadness and longing for him. "But why? Before you went away you told me so many times that you did. Why have some many things changed in your heart?"

He tried to search his mind for memories of this "before", but he could find nothing but blank, cold, empty memories. Memories of no hope. No happiness. No love.

He felt something pushing inside his mind. Like someone else was trying to get out. To comfort and love the woman in front of him. But what in him would want anything to do with the enemy? He would never let this person get out.

"Kunzite, please I need to know." She walked closer to him but he backed away.

Slowly everything started fading away from his sight and the person that he was trying so hard to hold back was starting to show. Then a familiar voice was in his mind. "Kunzite do not let yourself falter. You know who's general you really are."

Yes, he was Beryl's first in command general. He would not falter and he would not fail his mission.

He pushed the person into the farthest and darkest portion of his mind and he no longer felt the other person fighting. "Because I can't. Nothing has ever changed in my mind since I have left." He said as he walked toward her and pulled out his sword.

"I don't understand." She walked toward him again and de-transformed. There stood the beautiful Princess Minako.

"Please tell me why you can't. Please tell me so I can try to help. It has been far to long since I felt your arms around me. Far to long since I felt your lips against mine. It has been far to long Kunzite, since you have looked at me and told me you loved me. I want those things to happen again. I need those things to happen again."

He felt the recently familiar pushing in his mind again when everything went black.

Flashback

They were walking along the grueling five-mile path that the applicants for the Lunarian army had to run. It wasn't romantic but not everyone had time to go to the Garden or the Fountain Hall.

They had just gotten done with another training session with the other generals and senshi, and decided to take a walk, and they ended up on this five-mile path. The path may seem easy at first but after half a mile went by there were traps and illusions that would lead them the wrong way. The illusions were really holograms and the traps, they both knew where they were and how to get out of them. They had also made friends with many of the holograms, mostly just Minako.

They both had not said anything to each other after the training session, but they both knew what each other were thinking about. "Minako I want you to know that if I die or if something is to happen to me, that I love you with all my heart and no one is ever going to change that."

He stopped walking and looked down to her, and she stopped with him. "I know. I just wish you never had to leave me and now I am scared that you will never be able to come back." She listened to the wind blow around them and the crystal trees rustling together.

"I would go through all of Beryl's army to get back to you. Nothing will stop me" He said as he held onto her shoulders and brought her into his arms.

He put his hand under her chin and lifted her face so he could see her eyes. "Minako when I get back I want to fulfill any dream you have ever had. I promise I will stop at nothing to get back to you my love." He leaned down and pulled her into a kiss that held all his love and happiness.

Off on the boarders of the trail the holograms were listening in on the romance and "Awww!"'ed with happiness as they saw them kiss.

"Kunzite, I love you so much." She looked up to him and tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks.

End Flashback

"Are you okay?" She gasped as she watched him fall to the cold ground.

"I suppose." He grunted opening his eyes and found himself kneeling on the ground. He looked to the woman in front of him, he noticed that she was back in her senshi fuku.

She looked away from the man in front of her and up to the moon palace.

There used to be so much happiness and love in this palace and now there was only hate and sadness.

She heard the man get up and walk toward her. "You aren't my Kunzite, are you? I feel that he is somewhere inside of you trying to get out. So you can't be him." She said as she looked into his cold gray eyes.

"Well aren't you smart. Took you long enough to figure out." He said smirking.

"Give him back to me, right now!" She said through clenched teeth.

"Oh no, is the senshi of love getting angry?" He laughed at her.

"Yeah she is and she is about to kick your ass." She slowly walked over to him.

"Get ready to be defeated." He said still smirking. He pointed his sword to her and knew his toughest battle was about to begin.