Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening the Shadows ❯ Introducing the Celestial Senshi ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All the girls followed, curious to see what was going on. They ran for two blocks before pulling up short. Five young women, in fukus resembling their own, were involved in a fire fight with a blond haired man in a gray uniform. It was similiar to the ones worn by the Dark Kingdom officers.

" Hm, I don't suppose those girls could be the ones we're looking for? " Keridwen mused.

" Close enough, " Nara grinned.

" Shouldn't we transform? "

The others turned to Luriel, " Oh yeah, " Mayoko laughed, " I got a bit carried away there. "

" Talis...Star...Power! "

" Lythos...Star...Power! "

" Phameris....Star...Power! "

" Andronica...Star...Power! "

" Caleria...Star...Power! "

" Lunar...Crystal...Power! "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amidst a kalaidescope of light and color the girls transformed into their warrior counterparts and rushed to the aid of the Earth gaurdians.

" Caleria....Techno....Explosion!! " Sailor Caleria shouted with a blinding flash of red and orange energy blasts.

All of the Earth gaurdians fell still, and even the man they fought stood and stared once he dodged the attack.

" What the...? "

" Who? "

" Where did they come from? "

Khamiya stared hard at the little group. There was something familiar about them, and an odd sensation washed over her causing a heaviness in her chest that she couldn't explain.

" Blazing...Soul...Sear! "

" Lythos...no! " Khamiya screamed, but it was too late. One of the bolts caught the blond man in the leg as he tried to avoid it. He feel to the ground with a shout of pain.

Sailor Lythos turned to Sailor Eclipse with a puzzled frown.

" I don't know. I don't know. Just trust me...Talis...clean him up. "

Sailor Talis quickly glanced at the others who just shrugged in confusion. One after another each girl fell to one knee...

" For honor..."

" For peace..."

" For balance..."

" By the power of dreams..."

" As intended by the Fates..."

The girl with the golden brown hair slowly spun her arms crossed over her chest.

" Talis...Spirit...Illumination!"

A warm breeze swept over the area towards the injured man. He couldn't get out of the way and threw his arms over his face. As he was engulfed his entire body took on a pale golden glow. The gray Dark Kingdom uniform turned to a blazing white and gleaming on the front of the right side was the symbol of the Earth Kingdom during the Silver Millenium. After a few moments the glow faded and the man remained sitting with a bewildered expression.

" What did you just do? "asked one of the Earth guardians. She had long blond hair with a big red bow tied in the back.

Sailor Phameris stood, her eyes were wide. She couldn't figure out how Khamiya had known that the stranger wasn't purely evil. Even she had not picked up on it. With a slight shake of her head she turned to the Earth girl, " We simply rid him of the evil influence that was controlling him. "

" Who are you? How did you get here? " A tall girl in green and white approached them.

They looked at one another with a bit of uncertainty, but Talis offered a warm smile and proceeded to explain, " We are the Celestial Scouts from the Dronian Galaxy and we're here to ask for your assistance. We have reason to believe that both of our galaxies are at great risk and only together can we overcome the danger that threatens us. "

A girl with long black hair stepped forward, " I'm Sailor Mars, that is Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus, Sailor Mercury, and that's Sailor Moon. "

" A pleasure to meet you all. I'm Sailor Talis, the others are Sailor Lythos, Sailor Andronica, Sailor Caleria, Sailor Phameris, and Sailor Eclipse. "

" I wondered when you would arrive, " Sailor Mars said quietly.

Phameris brushed a strand of pale blue hair from her eyes, " You have visions Rei Hino, and you knew we were coming. "

" How did you know...? " her voice trailed off as she nervously toyed with the hem of her red skirt.

" Do not worry, " the Phamerian Priestess replied, " you have nothing to fear from us. "

" How do we know for sure? " asked Sailor Jupiter curiously.

" You're just going to have to trust me. "

A short girl with two long blond ponytails stepped forward. It was obvious that she was unsure about the newcomers, but Talis assessed from the information they had that she was the leader of the Guardians. " Sailor Moon, " she said warmly extending a hand.

While they continued to converse Eclipse watched silently. Mostly she focused on the man whom everyone else seemed to have forgotten. He had finally broken out of his dazed stupor and was slowly climbing to his feet. As he lifted his head his eyes met briefly with hers and narrowed slightly. For one fleeting second his face lit with recognition, but it quickly vanished when he flashed her a flirtatious smile.

Sailor Eclipse rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the group. 'Who is he?' she pondered. Her sharp gaze hadn't missed that unmistakable flash of remembrance in those blue eyes. Somehow, that man knew her, and she knew him too. But her memory denied her any further detail beyond that simple knowledge.

" Excuse me, ladies, " he broke in with a charming smile, " Would one of you be so kind as to explain what's going on here? "

" Jedite? I almost forgot about you, " Sailor Moon exclaimed staring at the former Negaverse general. 'He's not bad looking,' she thought with a grin.

" I'm afraid we're not really certain what to tell you except that you were under the influence of the Dark Kingdom, " explained Sailor Talis, " and we removed the spell you were under. It was Sailor Eclipse's idea."

Everyone turned to look at the violet haired young woman who immediately stepped back from their questioning glances. She hated being the center of attention, and she couldn't explain to them why she had known. Eclipse wasn't even sure herself though she had an idea or two. " I don't know! Instinct? Lucky guess? A little birdie told me? "

It was evident that Eclipse was agitated and Sailor Phameris quickly intervened, " Well, whatever the reason, it was a good call. We should decide where we're going from here." She glanced quickly at Eclipse and was relieved to see her calming slightly. Eclipse's mood swings were less fun than a picnic in the Dark Kingdom, and Phameris would do just about anything to avoid an episode in front of the Earth guardians. They probably wouldn't understand. Sometimes the girl's own friends barely did.

During this time Sailor Mercury was preoccupied entering data into her handheld computer. She gasped and held it up for the others to see, " Your galaxy is well over one hundred light years from here! How on Earth did you get here? "

Sailor Caleria smiled and proceeded to explain, " You see, the planet that I'm from is the technological center for the entire galaxy. Our scientists figured out intergalactic travel ages ago, and the technicians build ships capable of the task. With advanced life support and navigational systems combined with intravenous feeding methods we can spend up to a month maximum in a state of hibernation. Of course it only took us a week to get here, so it's really not nearly as far as we could go if we wanted. "

Sailor Andronica tried unsuccessfully to suppress her laughter.

" What're you laughing at? " Caleria demanded with her hands on her hips.

" Nothing like bragging. You sound like a recruiter for the Calerian Science College. "

" I do not! Well, maybe just a little. Oh, shut up! "

Everyone laughed.

" That is amazing though, " said Mercury, " your scientists must be absolutely brilliant. Imagine! Intergalactic travel! "

" Boring, " muttered Sailor Moon.

" Hey, " Venus chimed in, " why don't we go get some burgers or something? "

" Yeah! "

"Great idea! "

The Celestial Scouts looked at one another, " I don't think we time for anything like that," Lythos retorted, a bit more harshly than intended, " We have important things to do. Are you going to help us or not? "

Sailor Venus's face fell at the dark haired girl's reaction, " I...I just thought that..."

" Could I have a word with you? " Talis snapped grabbing Lythos by the arm. It was one of those rare occassions when Mayoko was losing her temper, " What are you doing? We need their help. You don't have to be so rude to everyone all the time, Keridwen! You don't have anything to prove. "

Kewidwen had no response to Mayoko's little tangent. The older girl had never yelled at her like that, and she didn't know what to make of it. Of course Keridwen knew this was an important mission. That's why she wanted to move things along. What was the sense of playing around when they had so much to do? All of her life she had been taught to do what needed done, do it quickly, and not let anyone get in the way.

Government depended on people who were decisive, motivated, and strong, and Keridwen embodied those qualities to a tee. One day she would rule Lythos and sit on the High Court of the Dronian Council. She had to be ready.

Lythos narrowed her eyes at Talis, " Fine, I'll apologize, but I think we're wasting valuable time. "

" We have to make the time if we're going to get them to help us. They don't know us, why should they trust us? We have to show them that we're on their side. "

Sailor Lythos stared at the ground. Perhaps she had been a bit hasty. Talis did have a point about trust, " I guess you're right, " she mumbled and walked slowly back to the group, " I'm sorry for what I said. I'm just...impatient sometimes. "

Sailor Talis took a deep breath and rejoined the others. She knew that was probably the hardest thing that Lythos had ever done, but the mission demanded every sacrifice that they had to give.

" So, where does one get a good burger on this planet? " exclaimed Nara in her usual highstrung manner.

Sailor Moon gave a large grin and grabbed the smaller girl's arm, " I know just the place!"

" Hey guys, " Sailor Jupiter called, " don't you think we should change first? "

Phameris smiled recalling her own words earlier. Perhaps the Earth guardians weren't so different after all. Perhaps her fears were unwarranted and things would turn out fine after all.

" Do you ladies mind if I tag along? " Jedite asked flashing them a bright smile.

The Sailor Scouts looked at one another for a moment, " I guess so, " Mars replied looking over the young man. ' I think I could really like this guy ' she thought.