Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening the Shadows ❯ Tension Rising ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
At that very moment Nephlyte fell over into a deep sleep. Immediately all action ceased. Mercury went to help Talis and Phameris went to wake the Senshi who had been affected by Andronica's attack.

Eclipse glared at Andronica as she cradled her wrist against her body. She could feel the anger stirring like a tangible entity inside of her, and though she fought to push it away it wouldn't be denied, " You incompetent little brat! What force in the heavens ever came to the misbegotten conclusion that YOU should be a part of this team? When are you EVER going to learn what you're doing? "

Andronica stared speechlessly at Sailor Eclipse fear evident in her wide blue eyes. Maybe Eclipse was right. Maybe she wasn't cut out to be a Senshi. Tears slipped down her flushed cheeks as she hung her head in shame.

" Why are you yelling at her that way?. She did her best, and it did work after all. "

Eclipse spun on her heel to face the now conscious Sailor Moon, " What business is it of yours? " she snapped, " You don't know anything about..." The Senshi suddenly fell silent as she looked into Sailor Moon's eyes.

Sailor Moon was puzzled when she saw the odd expression in the girl's eyes. The rage had faded and left a look of horror mixed with deep sadness. She couldn't look away, and something hauntingly familiar flickered in the deepest recesses of her memory. It passed quickly when Eclipse stepped back and turned her stare to the others who were watching them intently. A pained grimace crossed her face and a moment later she was gone.

Talis stood slowly with help from Mercury. Mars and Lythos stood over Nephlyte in case he should happen to wake.

" Shouldn't we go find her? " Venus asked curiously.

" She does this every now and again. She'll be back in a little while, " replied Talis, " But we do have a small problem. "

" Now what? "

Talis turned to Jupiter with an apologetic smile, " We can't change him without Eclipse."

~*~*~*~*~*~


Sailor Eclipse detransformed and settled down next to a tree. Her wrist still ached terribly, and she knew that it was probably sprained at the very least. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to get her emotions back under control.

The Earth guardians probably thought she was crazy by now, and she knew that Aria was no doubt deeply hurt by her harsh words. But Khamiya couldn't help it. When the rage took over she was like a bystander to her own actions. And since they landed on this planet...

" Excuse me, Miss, are you all right? "

Startled, Khamiya looked up to see a young man standing over her with a worried expression on his face. He had shoulder length black hair and eyes so vividly green that their color was obvious even in the gray light of predawn, and his attire was very casual, a black sweat suit and running shoes.

" I'm...fine. "

" Are you sure? " he knelt beside her in the grass and gently took her injured wrist. He studied it for a moment, " It's definitely sprained. It's going to be sore for a while. "

" Thank you. Uh, " she blushed deeply and looked at the ground.

He laughed softly, " My name is Kayochen, " he offered politely.

Khamiya looked at him cautiously, " I'm Khamiya. "

" That's a pretty name. Are you from around here? "

" Not exactly. I mean, I'm from out of town. " She dreaded to hear what he would ask next. She didn't know enough about this planet to make something up, and she certainly couldn't tell him the truth!

" Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, " he stood, " If I'm lucky, maybe we'll meet again, " he turned then glanced back over his shoulder, " Oh, and take care of that wrist. " With a quick wave he left.

'That was strange,' she thought watching him as he jogged away. 'I wonder why he left so quickly.' She scolded herself upon realizing that she had WANTED him to stay longer. It was ridiculous! She was no longer a child with idle time to pass away chasing some guy.

When he was out of sight she stood once more and took her transformation crystal in hand, " Lunar...Crystal.... Power...Transform! " With that completed she returned to the others.

~*~*~*~*~*~


" There you are, " Lythos scoffed, " It's about time. We've had one hell of a time keeping your buddy under control until you decided to come back. "

Eclipse arched one delicate brow, " Can it, Keridwen. I'm not in the mood. "

Talis shook her head glancing at the Earth Senshi. What were they going to think? So far the Celestial Senshi hadn't exactly made the best impression, and Talis feared that it would alter the others' opinion of them. " Come on you two, " she half pleaded, " can we please just finish this? It's nearly dawn. "

" Whatever. "

" Fine with me. "

Jupiter, Mars and Lythos stepped away from the bound general, " See you on the other side, " Jupiter grinned playfully with a small wave.

General Nephlyte's eyes grew wide at her comment. Certainly they weren't going to…he cringed watching the unknown Senshi gathering before him. Their intent was a mystery, and he turned to his former companion, Jedite, with a look of utter anguish.

Jedite didn't say a word or alter the solemn expression on his face. He knew that Nephlyte was going to be fine, but he couldn't let on. It had been explained to him that surprise was detrimental to the cleansing process. If the enemy knew what was happening, the will, which was influenced by evil, was liable to fight the positive energy. That in turn would cause them to fail.

They repeated the process that had been used on Jedite and five minutes later Jupiter was untying a much calmer, much friendlier General Nephlyte. " You scared me half to death with that last comment, Senshi, " he muttered good-naturedly to the attractive brunette.

Jupiter laughed and helped him to his feet as the sun peeked over the horizon. The weary Senshi detransformed ready to collapse with exhaustion. " I could sleep right here on the ground, " Nara yawned from where she was sitting.

" You're welcome to stay at the temple, " Rei offered with a tired smile, " I'm sure we can find plenty of room. "