Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Birth of Destiny's Soldier ❯ Part 1: The Tragic Years ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Birth of Destiny's Soldier by Nebby

Author's Notes: This story is basically the history of Sailor Moonlight. It is not important to read this in order to read my series. (However this shall be split into three parts based on the time each part happens.) This is for those that might want to know a bit more about who this senshi is and how she got where she is now. I do not know anything about Serena's real father from the Moon Kingdom since I never heard anything about him in the anime so I did make things up. If anyone does know about her past father (from the Silver Millennium) then please do tell! (Btw this may or may not be one of my better works. I'm not going to work very hard on it since it's only a basic history for her. If you want to know what the characters look like then see the profiles at my site.) Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any characters featured in the anime of manga. I do however take claim to Sailor Moonlight and any other made-up characters in this work of fiction.

Part 1: The Tragic Years

Long ago on the Silver Millennium during the reign of Queen Serenity, a baby girl was born into the royal Moon family. She was the second child to the loving couple and would not be their last child. Queen Serenity and King Richard named the beautiful baby, Selena, after the Moon Goddess.

Selena's three year-old brother at first was a bit upset at having a baby sister since he was no longer the center of his parents' attention. Eventually he got used to it and tried to be as helpful as he could to his parents. Shortly after Selena turned 2, her mother gave birth to twins. So Selena no longer only had her older brother Millardo but she now also had her younger brother Quatre and younger sister Serena.

Only a year after the twins were born, King Richard passed away after a prolonged illness. Queen Serenity was greatly saddened that her children would grow up without their father and she would be without the love of her life but there was little she could do. She was so busy with her royal duties and taking care of the kids that there was no possible chances to find someone else after Richard's death. She did the best she could to be there for her children.

***

A five year-old Serena ran quickly down the hallway, giggling the whole time. She squealed happily as her ten year-old brother Millardo scooped her up into his arms.

"I told you that I would catch you. I know this castle like the back of my hand, dear sister." Says Millardo with a sly grin, his blue eyes filled with laughter. Serena laughs as she playfully grabs a handful of his platinum blonde hair in order to get him to put her back down. "Hey now! Don't be pulling my hair."

Millardo was placing Serena down just as Quatre came around the corner. Selena wasn't far behind him.

"There you two are!" says Selena as she places her hands on her hips. "Mother has asked to see us."

"What for? Anything in particular?" asks Millardo curiously.

"Probably about the dinner tonight." Says Selena as she rolls her eyes.

"Well then it's best that we do not keep mother waiting." Says Millardo as he takes Serena's hand and walks off towards the throne room. Selena sighs and grabs Quatre's hand before following after them. They enter the room to see Luna, Artimes, and Queen Serenity discussing tonight's dinner while waiting upon their arrival. Millardo politely clears his throat in order to get his mother's attention.

"Ah! Good. I'm glad the four of you finally showed up." Says Serenity in a loving tone as she looks down at her children. "Please excuse us, Luna and Artimes."

"Yes your majesty." Both cats reply before leaving the room.

"What is it that you wished to see us for?" asks Millardo as Queen Serenity gets up from her throne.

"You all know that I have an important dinner meeting tonight with Queen Maria and Lady Tara. I will expect you all to be on your best behavior. She is visiting us from far away and is bringing her daughter with her. Princess Jessica is only 3 years-old so if you could keep and eye on her, Millardo, I would greatly appreciate it." Explains Serenity.

"Of course, mother. I can keep an eye on the princess and these little rascals as well." Chuckles Millardo as he ruffles Quatre's hair. Quatre bats at Millardo's hand and hides behind Selena.

"Thank you. Now I need the four of you to go and start getting ready. Dinner is in an hour and I need to go greet our guests shortly." Says Serenity.

"Alright, mother." Replies Selena as she grabs Serena's hand this time and heads towards their bedroom. The girls share a bedroom and the boys share a bedroom directly across the hall from theirs. An hour later they were ready and sitting at the dinner table.

Many other important high status people were attending this dinner but the only royals were of the Moon family and the Star family. Princess Jessica was placed in a seat between Selena and Millardo. The twins were on the other side of the table directly across from them. Queen Maria was sitting to Serenity's right and Lady Tara was to her left. Lady Christine, who had also come with Tara and Maria, was sitting near the twins. Queen Maria had left her son back home under the care of her servants since the boy had refused to come along with her.

The two queens were deep into discussion when screams and the sounds of shattering glass fill the air. A beastly looking creature bares it's yellow teeth in a gruesome looking grin. Serenity had slipped away in attempt to go get the Moon Wand and Silver Crystal. The children were soon lost in the panic as Lady Tara and Lady Christine quickly transformed into their senshi fukus. Sailor Chronos stood protectively in front of Queen Maria while Sailor Nebula tried to find the children and the guards struggled against the demon. Selena, Serena, and Jessica were huddled in a corner as the people panicked to get out of the room.

"Millardo! Quatre!" shouts Selena as she looks around worriedly for her brothers.

"MOMMY!" shouts a scared Quatre as the demon gets away from the guards and finds the two boys. Millardo stands protectively in front of his brother.

"What tasty little morsels." Laughs the demon. Nebula spots the demon before the two boys and tries to make her way through the people to get to them. "Say your prays little ones!"

"NO!" shouts Sailor Nebula as she watches the demon use a life stealing attack on the two boys.

"Cosmic Moon Power!" shouts Serenity as she aims the moon wand at the demon. It howls in pain as the purity of the silver crystal tears it apart. When it is nothing more then ashes, Serenity collapses to her knees and begins to weep over the lose of her two boys. Sailor Nebula hangs her head in defeat. Serena was crying and so was little Jessica. Selena just stood their holding them both close, her eyes filled with an odd look of sadness mixed with determination.

Sailor Chronos looked at Maria for approval before walking over to Queen Serenity. She gently laid a hand on the sobbing Queen's shoulder and whispered something into her ear. Serenity stops crying and looks at Chronos with questioning eyes. Serenity sighs and nods her head. With Serenity's approval, Chronos takes the bodies of the two boys and leaves through a dimensional rip she had created. Queen Maria and Lady Christine went about tending to the wounded and emotionally scarred people. Serenity had Artimes and Luna take the girls back to Selena and Serena's room for the time being.

After all was settled; Maria, Jessica, and Christine went back to Crystalonia. Neither Selena or Serena spoke of their brothers for months after the incident. It was not known what exactly Chronos had taken their bodies for, but a funeral was still held for the boys and the couple guards the demon killed.

An thus Selena's attitude began to change. Her mother took notice of this only once it was too late to change the course of history…