Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Money is Everything ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak. I hope you'll like it.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does. A special thanks goes out to my beta reader Silver Sailor Ganymede, don’t know what I’d do without you!

Bluff Master
Chapter One
- Money is everything-


Mamoru sat behind his desk, looking down at the papers he held in his hand. In front of him stood two girls. One was a small blonde and the other was a somewhat taller raven-haired girl. The two were called Tsukino Usagi and Hino Rei respectively. Usagi used to be one of the best bluff masters ever known; she was able to deceive any man or woman who came near her. Until, yes until another blonde popped up and managed to see through all Usagi's acts. Another bluff master, the best to be exact: someone known only as Ten‘oh Haruka, though her name might have been another bluff for all they knew.
With the help of Haruka, Mamoru had been able to cheat all the big companies in the area.
''So... this is the next move you have planned?'' Mamoru questioned the two girls. Rei was the first to nod, followed by Usagi.

''With Haruka's skills it'll be a piece of cake.'' The raven-haired girl commented. ''I mean she stole over 50 million dollars from the White House without getting caught.''

Mamoru laughed slightly. “Yes, I remember that. I can't believe they fell for her 'guard' act, let alone stand to see people trust secret codes to her.'' Usagi and Rei laughed again upon hearing that; you only had to look once at Haruka to know you couldn't trust her. Mamoru stopped laughing. “Then again, this is different. You want her to con the man with the highest position here in Japan.''

''Yeah, the president.'' Usagi whispered. ''We've planned it all out. The president's daughter Kaioh Michiru is looking for a vocal coach. If we can get Haruka to pretend to be one and get Michiru to trust her with certain things...''

''Wait, wait…'' The black haired man interrupted the blonde, putting the papers down again.''You want Haruka to be a vocal coach for a stuck-up kid like Michiru?''

''Not only a coach but also a friend.'' Rei corrected her brother. Mamoru blinked a few times before breaking down into fits of laughter.

''That's child’s play. Besides Haruka won't even approve to that. Why don't you ask Tenoh's partner, Makoto, to do this?''

''Because'' Rei started.''There's a catch, the president wants his daughter to have a male coach and since Makoto doesn't look like...''

''Aha.'' Mamoru stated, not waiting for the other to finish her sentence. ''I can tell you right now that it won‘t work. Haruka is twenty-eight and this Kaioh girl is what… sixteen? Even if Haruka agreed to this the age difference will stop her from coming too close to Michiru. Besides why the president?''

Usagi decided to do the talking this time. ''In two weeks from now the president will cash a huge amount of money in a bank account. The money goes straight to a fundation that helps childeren in third world countries.''

''That's cruel...'' a fourth voice suddenly said, which caused the other three to look up at the door. ''Stealing from the rich is something I can do but if that money is meant for poor people.'' It was Haruka. Next to her stood Makoto who was smiling brightly.

''It's not like we're Robin Hood and his Married Men or something,'' Usagi pouted.
“You mean ‘Robin Hood and his Merry Men’,” Rei corrected her.

Haruka laughed, partly at Usagi‘s mistake and partly at what she‘d actually been trying to say. “Well you’ve got a good point there. How much are we talking about anyway?''

''It's not as big as what you stole from the White House but...'' Rei paused for a moment, trying to remember the exact amount of money. ''But we're talking about at least 7.5 million''

''Yen?'' Haruka joked.

''Dollars.'' Rei corrected the tomboy. ''If that was the amount of money in Yens then I'd go on holiday and laugh at the poor suckers who would be receiving the money.''

''So you'll do it?'' Makoto asked her partner with a shocked expression on her face.

Mamoru shook his head. ''She won't do that. It's a stupid plan, and although the idea of stealing that amount of money sounds really tempting… well we all know Haruka likes younger girls. For all I know she’ll hit the sheets with Michiru in one week and gets too attached to the girl.''

''Hey!'' Haruka yelped, her face reddening with indignation. ''I’m not like that. Besides she's sixteen! That's even too young for me.''

Usagi and Rei blinked a few times before breaking down into laughter. ''Good one Ten’oh!'' They said in unison between fits of laughter.

''Who asked you?'' Haruka hissed, feeling how Makoto was staring at her with one of those 'let them be' looks on her face. ''I'll do it anyway Mamoru. It's our motto remember; ‘money is everything‘ and all that bullshit.''

''Not even a doctor would work if he didn't get paid; without money not even your mother's love could've breathed life into you... I know.'' Mamoru sighed ''But if you mess this one up....''

''I won't. You know me. They won't even notice what's happening to them until I fucked their bank account up and stole what was theirs.''

''That's my girl.'' Makoto joked, placing a small and playful kiss on the blonde's cheek.

''Oh get a room.'' Usagi joked, repeating the same process only on Rei's cheek. Makoto just smirked as she leaned against the closed door.

''Anyway, tell me the details later.'' Haruka went on as she gazed over at Mamoru.''The real reason I am here was to ask you if you wanted to go with Makoto and I for some tea down the street. We've got a few things to discuss about… you know?’'

Rei and Usagi just stood there, trying to figure out why Haruka was acting all mysterious. ''I don't want to drink tea.'' Mamoru started. ''It's not a habbit of mine and I don’t intend to make it one. I drink wine with diamonds in my glass, and it‘s staying that way.''

Haruka shrugged. ''You take that 'money is everything' way too seriously my friend.''

----

''Are you sure of this?'' Mamoru asked as he took a sip of his coffee. They were now sitting in a small restaurant not far away from their HQ.

Makoto nodded. ''Yes, I want to quit. Once I had someone who loved me. Someone who wanted me but now she doesn't desire me anymore...Because of what I am: abluff master, a conman. She told me to stay away from her...That's why I am going with Haruka on her mission. It'll be my last mission and also my last chance to be with the one I love.''

Mamoru seemed confused.

'’Let me explain.'' Haruka started. ''Michiru's cousin is Makoto's ex. Her name’s Ami Mizuno. Makoto is going with me as my partner but she won't leave with me. She stays.''

The black haired man nodded. ''But if this Ami girl knows about Makoto's profession doesn't that make her a threat to our plan?''

''She doesn't know Haruka. Besides it's hardly a profession. We deceive people by making them think we're going to kill them after we blame them for something they didn't do, steal their money and run away.''

''It's a profession. What you, Haruka and Usagi do for a living is art. You can fool just about any person. There's no one you can't fool.''

''Except for Ami.'' Makoto sighed.

''Even Ami is a person you can fool. You're going there to convince her you changed, no?'' Mamoru wondered out loud as the brunette nodded. ''Well exactly, you'll be fooling her. You haven't changed when you enter that building and try to win her heart back, you'll come there as a bluff master but you hope to walk out of there as a normal person. One who works for a living without stealing other people's money.''

''That's one way to put it.'' Haruka stated. ''So you accept?''

''Do I have a choice? I mean it'll be sad to see such a great bluff master walk away from our crew but if this is what your heart desires....''

''It does.'' Makoto said with a certain tone in her voice.

Mamoru just smiled.' 'In that case I wish you luck.'' With that said he turned his head to face the tomboy.' 'You have to come to my office tomorrow and I'll give you everything you need. And remember, you're a vocal coach...not a commander of an army. Also she's young so she will probably annoy you a lot and...''

''Boss, just let me do my thing and I'll let you do yours.'' Haruka interrupted the other.

''You talk all tough and all... but I’m sure that deep down inside of you lives a small and innocent little girl.'' Mamoru stated, amused by Haruka's behaviour whenever they were talking. She always seemed to be the tough one but he knew better.

''If there's living an innocent little kid inside of her it's because she ate one.'' Makoto joked, earning a glare from the blonde. ''Anyway Ami is a smart person, it isn't such a great idea for Haruka and me to enter that building side by side. We'll have to pretend we don't know eachother yet. Ami might be able to spoil the whole mission with her hate for me.''

''I can make that happen. But you won't get into that house without a proper reason. Even if you know Ami, she will never let you enter when she finds out you're around just around the time the president decides to play with a lot of money.'' Mamoru stated, taking a sip from his drink.

''Then what do you suggest?'' Haruka questioned their boss when she noticed Makoto wasn't going to ask it.

''Go to the script writers, Usagi and Rei.'' He paused for a moment before placing his hand on the brunette's shoulder. ''These two always manage to think of the best plot for our missions. They'll give you a fitting part in this one.''

Makoto and Haruka both smiled, satisfied with the answer. Tomorrow everything would be set to motion and to be honest, neither one of them could wait. Conning the president surely was different from all the other stunts they had ever pulled before.

To be Continued…