Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Vocal Coach ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I still don't own the characters. I just borrowed them.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak. I hope you'll like it.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter One
- Vocal Coach -


Haruka leaned against the wall with an annoyed and impatient look on her face. ''Can't you do this any faster?'' She hissed after twenty minutes of silence. Finally the raven haired girl looked away from the computer screen to look at the tomboy.

''Have some patience. Fake documents need to be taken care of with precisement. You're going to live under the roof of the president of Japan. Mamoru has already made sure you'll be hired there but they'll be putting up a thorough investigation first. I've uploaded your files to the internet as we speak. You've been a vocal coach ever since you turned twenty. Studied at a school in England, Harvard. You were good at all subjects, especially when it came down to music.''

''Yeah yeah, I've already read my fake file as well.'' Haruka said, faking a yawn. ''When will Mamoru finally get in here, give me the papers I need and I'll be on my way!''

''He's in a meeting right now.'' Rei replied. ''He'll be here soon. Until then stop making me nervous. One mistake and you'll have the FBI, CIA and god knows what else after you.''

''Oh I am so scared.'' The tomboy sweatdropped. It wouldn't be the first time the cops would've almost caught her. She always seemed to be too smart for them though. ''Anyway, tell me something more about that Michiru girl. If I am going to teach her how to sing and shit I'll need to know how to please her as much as possible. If I get on her bad side she will have me thrown out of her house before I can even say 'you've been conned'.''

''According to the files Usagi found on her she's sixteen years old but I think that's only a fake file. Maybe the president is up to something himself. I don't know. According to the looks of it and the old newspapers I found on the internet Michiru should be eightteen now.'' She paused for a moment before giggling. ''Do I have to tell you how that sounded by the way?''

''What?'' Haruka raised an eyebrow.

Rei rolled her eyes before copying Haruka's earlier words. ''Please her as much as possible.''

''Perverted weirdo.'' Haruka sighed.

''I also found something interesting about you.'' Rei hesitated for a moment, not sure wheter to tell the blonde or not. She decided to tell anyway. ''According to your birth certificate you aren't twenty-eight at all. You're twenty. Why did you lie about it?''

Haruka sighed. Up until now only Makoto knew about that small fact. ''When I started to work here I was about sixteen. I lied about my age because Mamoru didn't recruit people who are younger than twenty-two.''

''That makes sense. Don't worry Ten'oh. Your secret is save with me.'' Rei replied causing Haruka to sent her a thankful smile. With that the raven haired girl went back to typing some stuff on her computer. Haruka sighed again. She just hoped this wouldn't take any more time. She was getting impatient and she really wanted to start this conning thing as soon as possible.

---

Michiru quickly walked after her father. She wasn't going to let him win this little game of war. ''I don't understand why my coach has to be male! I get along perfectly with men. But I'd like to have a female coach! Daddy, come back here!'' She whined as her father slowed down his pace. He still didn't stop or bother to look up at his daughter. He was too busy reading the papers he held in his hands.

''Michiru stop complaining.'' He finally sighed, trying to change the subject. ''Now go play. I am busy with this piece of paper. It holds all the information I need to know about the vocal coach that has been recommanded by a close friend of mine.''

The aqua haired girl rolled her eyes. ''Daddy, I don't care about your close friends. I just don't want to get stuck with some guy who pushes me around. What if he ends up being a creep who wants to take advantage of me. I want a female coach! I want Hitomi back!'' Upon hearing that name Michiru's father dropped the piece of papers he was holdind and turned around to face his daughter. An angered look had crossed his face.

''I fired that girl.'' He hissed. ''She was corrupting my daughter.''

Michiru shook her head. ''She kissed me! And I kissed her back. Why are you denying all of this. I am not interested in guys! You can't keep me locked away from the outside world forever!''

Her father sighed. He seemed to have enough of this conversation. ''Michiru. Your vocal coach will be male. I've already picked someone so stop complaining. I already forbid you to see that Hitomi girl ever again. Don't make me forbid you to even mention her or think about her.''

''You can't control my thoughts. That's not even the point! I want my life back. Why can't you just be supportive. Mom would've been.'' Michiru knew the moment she had mentioned her mother she had crossed the line. She knew how sensitive her father was when it came down to that subject.

''Michiru.'' His voice held a certain tone that warned the smaller girl. She'd better just listen to him now before it would be too late. ''Your mother is dead.'' He hissed, clenching his fists. ''Now get over yourself and do as I tell you to do.''

''Yes father.'' Michiru replied, bowing her head a bit before she bend over to pick up the papers her father had dropped earlier. When she looked up again her father had already started to walk away, ignoring the fact he had forgotten all about his papers and the content of it. The aqua haired girl took a deep breath in frustration. Then her eyes fell on the papers in her hands.

On top of the document lay a small picture of a blonde man. Underneath it stood a few words. Occupation : Vocal coach, music instructor. Age : 28. Name : Ten'oh Haruka.

''Great,'' Michiru sighed. ''Haruka Ten'oh.''

----

Finally, after a couple more hours of waiting Mamoru finally entered the room. He was holding a few documents which he handed to the blonde tomboy. ''Ok. This is what I know so far. Michiru Kaioh is a smart girl. Always trying to find a deeper meaning behind everything. She knows a lot about music and everything that has any relation to music itself.''

He paused for a moment, making sure Haruka was listening to what he was saying. When he saw that he had her full attention he went on again. ''She hates guys but because her father seems to hold a grudge to his daughter's former coach, who was female, he fired her and has been looking for a male coach ever since. With other words. The moment you screw up Ten'oh, you'll screw up this whole bluff.''

''Have some fate boss.'' Haruka stated while shrugging. The burden didn't seem to bother her at all. ''Why don't you tell me something new? What about Kino? How will she get in?''

''She started three days after you made your move. She's going 'undercover' as a cook. It seems President Kaioh fired his former cook last week because he found a hair in his food.''

Haruka raised an eyebrow. ''That guy is really something.''

''Exactly,'' A third voice said causing Rei, Haruka and Mamoru to look up at a small blonde in the doorway. ''You need to be extra careful around him Haruka.''

''Hai, hai.'' The tomboy rolled her eyes. ''Really Usagi, you shouldn't worry about me this much. It wouldn't be the first time I risk my life for this job. It's become a habit of mine to get in trouble. But I always save myself out of it eventually.''

''But, we're still talking about the president here.'' Rei reminded the taller woman.

''You all start to really annoy me.'' Haruka hissed, looking down at the documents in her hand. ''Is this all I'll need?''

The black haired man nodded. ''Yep. Your ID is in it. Copies of your diplomas. Everything you'll need to look and sound convincing.'' Haruka seemed to hesitate for a moment. She didn't want to tell her partners but ever since Mamoru had walked into the room her anxious feeling had suddenly disappeared. And was now replaced by that oh-so famous feeling. It felt like something was bound to go wrong. Maybe they had forgotten about something.

''Ami?'' Usagi asked, looking over at the raven haired girl behind the computer.

''Not a problem for now. She only comes to Tokyo on wednesday and thursday. The rest of the time she's in Kyoto.''

''Kyoto?'' Haruka suddenly questioned. This could be a problem. One of Haruka's previous con had taken place in Kyoto. She was pretty popular there. Not only for her bluffs but also because of her street racing reputation. She was known as one of the best.

Usagi and Mamoru both mentally slapped themselfs. Rei didn't seem to understand. Both Usagi and Mamoru knew about Haruka's reputation in Kyoto. Until now they had never seen it as a problem but if Ami was familiar there it could mean serious trouble. ''What now?''

It stayed silent for a couple of minutes. All of them seemed to be in deep thoughts. ''Let's hope for the best.'' Haruka finally said, breaking through the silence. She knew everyone thought she was thinking too easy about life and this con but it simply couldn't be changed now. ''Anyway, Rei...'' She turned to face the raven haired girl. ''Could you give me a map to the president's mansion?''

''Ofcourse.'' Rei nodded before typing down a few things and then pressed enter on her keyboard. A few seconds later the printer which stood behind her started to start automatically, printing the requested page. When it was finally done she pulled it out of the machine and handed it to the blonde tomboy.

''Guess I am really to go.'' Haruka stated, putting the map between the documents Mamoru had given her before she made her way back to the door again. ''Wish me luck everyone.''

''Good luck Ten'oh.'' All three of them said in unison, kwowing Haruka would need all the luck she could get. Haruka was a could bluff master but there was just one thing that always seemed to stand in her way. Her pride. If that Michiru could was going or planning on bullying Haruka away she could expect the same treatment from the blonde. That was never a could thing.

''And remember, count to ten before you say something!'' Usagi yelled after her friend who just muttered something inaudible before walking out of the room.

-----

Michiru yawned. It was almost 2pm now which meant her coach could arrive any moment. She didn't like to admit it but she was kind of curious about this Ten'oh person. The aqua haired girl was pretty familiar with the music industry but until today she had never heard of Ten'oh Haruka before. Maybe he had just started. Then again, when she had tried to google him she found a lot of old articles and sites about him.

He had even coached a lot of famous people. Yet, Michiru couldn't wait to make this man's life a living hell. Her father may had won their previous little battle but it didn't mean Michiru had given up on this war. She would bully that Ten'oh guy away from here and she would continue to do the same with every coach her father would try to pair her up with.

The reason for her father persisting on her getting a male coach was obvious. After he had walked into his daughter kissing her vocal coach, Hitomi, he had imidiately fired her. After that he had suddenly started to introduce his daughter to all kinds of men. In one way Michiru could understand her father's reasons and ways of doing things. After all, he was the president of Japan. It could have negative consequences on his political status if anyone found out his daughter was interested in women.

Finally after another half an hour of just sitting in the livingroom the doorbell rang. Be nice. She could recall her father saying. With that thought on her mind she just sighed. Most of the time someone would open the door for her but since her father had ordered for his daughter to answer the door when her coach arrived everyone had taken the day off. It wasn't such a problem after all.

The president himself was in a meeting and was surrounded by guards 24/7 so they weren't actually needed around the house. Slowly the aqua haired girl took another deep breath before standing up from the coach. Carefully and slowly she walked up to the door. Maybe she should just pretend she slept through the sound of the doorbell.

After giving it a second thought she decided not to. She didn't want her father to get angry with her. With that she opened the door. In front of her stood a tall blonde man who was holding onto some documents. Their eyes met for a few seconds before Michiru looked away again.

''You must be Michiru.'' The blonde said with a fake smile plastered on her lips.

To Be Continued...