Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Don't like you ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I still don't own the characters. I just borrowed them.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter Two
- Don't like you -


''You must be Michiru.'' Haruka said, looking down at the aqua haired girl with a fake smile plastered on her lips. Michiru just replied by nodding. She stepped aside a bit for the blonde to enter. Haruka seemed to hesitate for a moment before stepping inside. There was something about the smaller girl that had somehow taken her off guard. She surely had seen Michiru in the newspapers and on tv but she had to admit she looked different in real life. More realistic.

To Haruka all those famous artists and people looked fake. As if they were some kind of programmed machines. They were always smiling in front of the cameras. It was as if the media didn't want them to show any emotions. Then again the media seemed to love spreading rumours about those so called famous people. Michiru had seemed one of them at first but now she had seen the girl in real life she had to admit she had been wrong.

The aqua haired girl was just like any other ordinary teenager. Then again she had only gotten that little bit of information by just looking at the other. Maybe if Michiru would open her mouth Haruka's opinion about her could change again. You never knew.

When Haruka blocked out her thoughts she noticed that she had unconsciously followed Michiru into the livingroom. She was surprised by what she saw. In the middle of the room stood a huge couch which atleast was big enough for twenty people. In front of the couch stood a small coffee table with in front of that a television. 'Impressive.' She thought to herself. It wasn't just a rumour that the president of Japan was indeed rich. It was now officially proven to be a fact.

'He surely won't miss the small amount of money I'll be 'borrowing' from him at the end of this month.' A small yet evil smiled appeared on her lips causing Michiru to raise an eyebrow.

''Are you ok Ten'oh?'' The smaller girl's tone sounded cold. It was obvious she had no intentions of having Haruka in her house for much longer. From this point on Haruka knew she had to be careful with what she said and how she reacted. Michiru obviously had some sort of power around here. Whatever it was, she didn't like it.

''I am fine, thanks.'' Haruka quickly said, excusing herself. ''So... I've seen everything I expected on seeing her except for the maids. Your father is pretty famous around the world. But the reason why most people never forget the name Kaioh is because your father is famous for bringing maids and bodyguards wherever he goes.''

''They're home. My father is away for today.'' Michiru replied, not even bothering to give the blonde more information.

'Great, the president's daughter is an ice princess. Just my luck.' Haruka rolled her eyes. She quickly had to straighten up again when the smaller girl looked into her direction. ''Aha, I see.'' She said instead of speaking what was on her mind. ''So shall we start then?''

''No...'' Came the reply.

Haruka raised an eyebrow. ''No?'' She repeated.

Michiru nodded, sitting down on the couch. ''My father had this great idea of getting to know you some better. But don't get all high and mighty on me. The only reason you're here is because my father wants a male coach for me. I don't like you and I won't put an efford in liking you either.''

The blonde sweatdropped. 'Okay, opinion changed again. Don't like her...no human features.' Then after staring at the smaller girl for a couple of seconds she out up one of those fake smiles again. ''No problemo. I don't like being here either. The sooner we get over this the sooner I can be out of here. But in the meantime we could try to get along. It would make my stay so much more......''

''Like I said,'' Michiru interrupted the blonde. ''I don't like you and I won't put an efford on changing that either. If my father thinks I will start dating you he's sadly mistaken. I won't date anyone until I've got my previous coach back.''

''Blabla...'' Haruka muttered. ''Your lips move but I seriously only hear blabla, if you're singing is just as bad as your pointless ramblings I can already pack my bags and go back to Kyoto.''

Michiru blinked a few times. Never before had anyone dared to use such a tone in front of her. Who did this Haruka think he was anyway? Then again, something about the man made her feel curious, somehow she wanted to know more about him. ''Kyoto?'' She replied. ''You're from Kyoto? I've been there once, it's pretty far from here.''

''Yeah,'' Haruka replied, smiling. This only proved how easily Michiru was to manipulate. She knew from the files she had read about the aqua haired girl all about Michiru's trip to Kyoto. When she had went there, wheter she liked it there or not... everything. Mamoru had been investigating the Kaioh family for months now. It wasn't a surprise that Haruka would use this in her advance. ''I am staying in Tokyo for the upcoming three months to practise my profession here, after that I am going back to Kyoto and start my own bussiness there.''

Michiru nodded, not knowing the blonde was lying. After all, after her father accidentally dropped the files about Ten'oh Haruka she had read through Haruka's file a bit. She hadn't learned much about her vocal coach but she knew for a fact, or atleast thought she knew, that Haruka was born in Kyoto. ''Anyway,'' Haruka started. ''Are we going to get to the singing part today or....''

''No, that was another one of those bright ideas of my dad. He wants us to get to know each other better first. You know, create a bond.''

The blonde tomboy laughed slightly. ''Another one of his attempts on getting you to date me?''

Michiru nodded, blushing a bit. All of this was kind of embarrassing.

''Not that it's any of my bussiness but I was wondering... Why is your father so motivated on getting you to date someone? Can't you look for a boyfriend yourself?''

''That's where my previous vocal coach fits in.'' Michiru sighed but then shook her head. She was already starting to warm up to the blonde. ''But you're right, it isn't any of your bussiness.''

Haruka nodded, not bothering to give it another try. She would find out about Michiru's father and his reasons later on. She somehow could recall hearing Mamoru or Rei say something about it but she couldn't quite remember what he had exactly said. 'Next time I'll listen to him..... Neh....'

''Anyway, please sit down.'' Michiru added when she noticed that the blonde was spacing out.

Haruka just nodded and gave the other a friendly look before sitting down on the couch. ''Well I personally don't mind getting to know you better. It would be a good thing considering the fact we'll be stuck together for atleast a few weeks.''

Michiru sighed. The idea of having this guy around the house every day really did bother her. She never liked having strange people around the house. Especially not when those people were part of her father's master plan. ''I guess I could give that a try. Afterwards I'll show you your room.''

''Thanks.'' Haruka stated although she could strangle the younger girl already. Who did Michiru think she was? Haruka surely wasn't going to be the sweet one the whole time. ''Anyway, why are you so interested in singing?''

''I am not interested in singing.'' Michiru immidiately said, the tone in her voice had gotten colder again. ''I hate it to be exact. My sister used to sing all the time. She loved singing and all the attention she got from doing it. She had a real talent for it too. As a kid I always enjoyed playing the violin but,'' There was a slight pause before Michiru continued. ''My father wanted me to do what my sister never was able to do.''

Haruka nodded, far in the back of her mind she could still remember hearing something about Michiru's sister as well. After thinking about it for a few minutes she remembered where again. In the newspapers and on tv. It had been all over the news. Marina Kaioh. 'She died in a car crash.' ''I am sorry.'' Haruka finally said. ''I shouldn't have asked.''

''It's ok.'' Michiru replied. ''I hated her too. Just as much as I hate singing.''

''She's dead.'' Haruka commented. ''How could you hate her. I am sure that you miss her. I mean, maybe you and your sister couldn't get along very well but I am sure you loved her and miss her.''

''Hating her is easier.'' Michiru shot back. ''She ruined my life when I was a kid. She always was the perfect daughter and I was just her sister. I didn't have a special status. My family always adored her the most. My mother divorced my father after Marina died. Do you want to know what she said to me before she left?''

''I love you?'' Haruka guessed although she knew nothing good could've been said. After all, Michiru seemed to hate her sister with such a passion.

''She said 'I still haven't figured out why the hell we kept you'.'' Michiru hissed. ''That's what she told me.''

Haruka looked down at the floor upon hearing that. That sounded terrible. She could only imagine how those words must've hurt Michiru a lot. ''But just because they saw your sister as the perfect being doesn't mean they don't love you. I can't say I agree to what your mother said but she was probably confused when she said that. Losing a daughter is even more painful than losing a hand or leg.''

''What would you know?'' Michiru hissed, leaning back against the couch.

''Listen if you're going to tell me your life story and then expect me to just shut my mouth after hearing it you're sadly mistaken. I don't like you either. But that's your own fault. Unlike you I was going to try to be a friend.'' Haruka suddenly snapped. ''Just because I am not some kind of super famous person doesn't mean I am going to play your doormat the whole time.''

''Whatever.'' Michiru sighed. ''It's not like I give a.....''

''Blabla, there you go again.'' Haruka hissed. She had promised Mamoru to stay calm with the younger girl but at this point all she wanted to do was jump on top of the aqua haied girl and push a knife into her heart. 'It doesn't matter how, as long as she shuts that mouth of hers!'

------

''What do you want from me?'' A voice hissed, stepping back into the shadow of the room.

''Talk. I need your help.'' Came the reply from a somewhat taller figure.

''You need my help? That's a new one. You always were perfectly fine on your own.''

''Stop being stubborn. I know you're mad at me right now but I need your help.''

''With that?''

''Ten'oh Haruka.'' The taller woman replied.

''Who's that?''

''Kaioh Michiru's new vocal coach.''

''So?''

''She's with me. She's a bluff master and she's planning on stealing a lot of money.''

The other seemed to hesitate for a moment. ''Why are you telling me this?''

''Like I said, I need your help. Only you can help me....''

''What exactly do you want from me?''

''Either you call the police and tell them all about Ten'oh's true identity or you help me on getting even with her.''

The smaller woman laughed slightly. She sounded amused. ''Did she use her bluff techniques on you or something?''

''It doesn't matter, will you help me or not?''

The other sighed. ''Fine, I'll help you. But this won't change anything between us.''

''Ofcourse.'' The other replied, smiling victoriously.

------

Later that night Haruka lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. This was only day one and she could already tell that this was going to be the toughest con she had even pulled. Michiru showed no sign of interest. Well she did try after Haruka told her she came from Kyoto but that had been it. Mamoru surely had to pay her a huge amount of money for this job. Then again this was going to be fun at the same time.

Ever since she had gotten the status as a bluff master it seemed everything just worked out without any trouble. Finally she would have to put a real effort into conning someone. 'And this is just his daughter, I wonder how the president himself is.'

Tomorrow she would find that out. The next morning she was going to meet the president during breakfast. She could try to find out how secured this building was at the same time. If she knew who his bodyguards were, how they worked, when they worked she would be a step ahead of them. Then again, that wasn't all she had to do but that was where Makoto came in.

The brunette always scanned the buildings before they would start the actual con. They had to know where the cameras were placed, the quickest way out of the building... In fact they had to know this building from the inside and outside perfectly. Just in case something would go wrong.

'Something surely will go wrong.'' Haruka thought to herself. She just knew it.

To Be Continued...