Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ The president's daughter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I still don't own the characters. I just borrowed them.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter three
- The President's daughter -


''Have you heard it already?'' A blonde asked, her haired pulled together with a red bow.

The green woman who had been working on some paper work looked up at the blonde with a questioning look in her eyes. ''What should I have heard Minako?''

''And you're suppossed to be the president's consultant?'' Minako giggled. ''Shame on you Sets.''

The other sighed, looking down at her work again. ''Listen Minako I am very busy. Why don't you just tell me what this is about. Unlike your other little friends I've got a life.'' Minako knew the other wasn't completely serious but on the other hand she knew that the green haired woman was a busy person.

''Mr. Kaioh found a new coach for his daughter.'' The blonde finally said causing Setsuna to drop her pen and to look up again. ''It's true,'' Minako went on. ''I heard Hotaru mention something like it to one of the other maids. I believe his name is Haruka Ten'oh.''

Setsuna sighed, laughing slightly. ''That poor guy will end up running out of this building while screaming. Michiru's known for driving people nuts. I can still remember that au pair she used to have.''

The blonde nodded. ''What ever happened to that au pair anyway?''

''She was taken into a mental hospital after Michiru shaved her head.... no hair left on her head.'' Setsuna replied, trying to recall the presiden't exact words.

''Oh my. Poor Ten'oh fellow.'' Minako commented before sitting down on a chair next to the green haired woman.
------

The next morning Haruka woke up upon hearing a strange and unusual sound. She slowly opened her eyes. She was very well aware of the fact that the sound had come from her own room. Could it be she was discovered already and was now under attack by a handful of bodyguards or cops. She decided to stay calm and sat up, scanning the room.

She sighed in relieve. No cops, no bodyguards. In the corner of the room stood a black haired girl who was blushing heavily. ''I am s-so sor-ry I....woke you up sir.'' She stammered while bowing. ''I was told to bring you breakfast but you were s-sleep..sleeping and I.... I am sorry!''

Haruka smiled. This girl was just too cute not to tease. ''Don't worry. Pretty girls like you can wake me up at any time...'' She now looked down at the tray the young woman was holding.

''T-thanks.'' The girl whispered. ''Ano, my name is Hotaru Tomoe. I am your personal maid during your stay here.'' She added.

The blonde tomboy nodded. ''Personal eh?'' She repeated with a wink causing the girl's blush to grow deeper. A few seconds they just looked at each other before Hotaru suddenly remembered why she was here in the first place. Quickly she walked over to the bed and put the tray on the drawer which stood next to Haruka's bed.

Just when Hotaru was about to walk away again Haruka took her hand in her own. ''Thanks.'' She said, enjoying the look on the poor girl's face.

''You-re....w-welcome.'' Hotaru was having a hard time finding the right words. ''O-oh and... Ms. Kaioh told me that y-you're expected downstairs in t-twenty minutes. F-for breakfast.''

''If I'll have breakfast in twenty minutes then why did you bring me this?'' Haruka questioned the young maid while pointing at the tray on the drawer.

''B-because that's what I was told to do. Ms Kaioh told me to.....'' Hotaru paused for a moment, studying the look on the blonde man's face.

''Alright then. Thanks again.'' Haruka said, winking once more before watching Hotaru walk out of the room. With that she fell back on the bed. An amused smile had appeared on her lips. 'Very smart Michiru, very smart. But you can't trick me that easily.' Haruka knew for a fact that the president was easily offended. If Haruka had really eaten the food Hotaru brought her she wouldn't be able to eat everything she would eat during breakfast. With other words she would offend Michiru's father by doing that.

'Let the games begin.' Haruka told herself as she took a small piece of cheese from the plate and put it in her mouth.

---
Twenty minutes later everyone had gathered around in the dinning room. Everyone except for Haruka and the president himself. Michiru smiled happily, knowing Haruka would've taken the bait.

''I heard you got yourself a new coach Michiru, what's he like?'' A green haired woman asked. Her name was Setsuna Meioh, she almost went to every place where her father went as well. She was his consultant after all but she was also a good friend to Michiru. She was actually one of the few people next to her cousin Ami with who Michiru could get along.

''Ah he's ok.'' Michiru replied when she noticed all eyes were on her now. Setsuna just smiled and nodded although she could clearly see Michiru was lying. That poor guy wouldn't even know what hit him after Michiru was done with him.

'Talking about that devil, where is he?' The aqua haired girl wondered, looking around the room. Just when the thought had entered her mind Haruka walked into the room. Everyone got quiet as they all stared at the blonde who had just entered the room. Haruka didn't even seem to be bothered with it though.

''Good morning.'' Setsuna was the first to say something, breaking through the silence. ''You must be Haruka Ten'oh, correct?''

Haruka nodded. ''You must be Setsuna Meioh then, a pleasure to meet you.''

The green haired woman blinked a couple of times, wondering how Haruka knew who she was. Haruka quickly made up a lie. After all, she wasn't suppossed to know who everyone was yet without a proper introduction. ''Uhm, Hotaru told me something about the people around me. I wanted to know one thing and another with the people I'd be practically living with.''

Setsuna now smiled and nodded. ''Indeed, nice to meet you.'' With that said Haruka sat down next to Michiru since that was the only spot left.

''Good morning princess.'' She said, greeting the aqua haired girl with a fake smile on her lips.

Michiru shrugged. She didn't know why Haruka had decided to call her 'princess' but if he wanted her to start a scene in front of all these people he was sadly mistaken. ''Good morning.'' She finally said, her smile just as fake as Haruka's. ''I hope you slept well.''

Haruka nodded, she was already enjoying this game. Michiru was surely going to make this con a lot more fun than the other ones. ''I did. Oh and thanks for that lovely breakfast this morning. I told Hotaru to bring me something every morning now. I don't know if you already knew it but I love food. I could eat a horse and I wouldn't be full yet.''

Suddenly Michiru's smile faded upon hearing that. Now that surely wasn't working in her advance. Now she had to think of another plan to get Haruka out of her house. She wouldn't give up this easily. ''I am glad to hear that.'' She lied.

Setsuna who had been watching the two closely smiled to herself. Those two didn't know it yet but they were so meant to be. It would only be a matter of time or those two would be sharing a lot more than those playful games of them.

Then the door opened again, revealing a tall brown haired man, followed by a few men in black. Haruka couldn't help it but laugh slightly upon seeing this. It looked like some cheap scene from Men in Black. ''Stop laughing.'' Michiru hissed, somehow feeling offended by the fact her coach was laughing at her father.

The brown haired man looked into their direction, smiling friendly towards Haruka before giving Michiru one of those warning looks. He seemed to know what his daughter was up to. After all he had known her for years now. ''Good morning everyone.'' He said with a clear voice so everyone could hear him. ''I am glad to see all of you. I wanted to introduce you all to someone new on the team. His name is Haruka Ten'oh and he'll be my daughter's vocal coach for these couple of months. Please welcome him like you would welcome a family member.''

Everyone nodded as the president sat down. He sat down in front of Haruka, looking at her as if she was the most interesting being alive. ''My name is Kenji Kaioh. But I assume you already knew that. You can just call me Kenji though. Around here we're just like one big family so there's no need for formalities.''

''I will try to remember that sir.'' Haruka replied, somehow feeling comfortable with the man. Most of the time she felt really uncomfortable while being around people she was going to con.

''Don't worry father,'' Michiru paused for a moment, smiling viciously. ''Haruka isn't a big fan of formalities either. He likes to sound rude, ne Haruka?''

Kenji was about to open his mouth, wanting to defend the blonde. Before he could Haruka had done it herself already. ''Indeed Michiru.'' Haruka stated. ''I always try to copy the behaviour of my clients.''

The brown haired man sat back in his chair, smiling amused upon seeing the look on his daughter's face. Michiru had finally met her equal, someone she wouldn't be able to bully away. Atleast, he hoped.

-----

''Hey wait up!'' A woman turned around to face a somewhat taller woman.

''What do you want now?'' She hissed, obviously annoyed with the other. ''I told you I was going to help you, didn't I?''

''I know...'' The other replied. ''I just thought we could talk a bit. After all we'll need to pull this off perfectly. Haruka isn't one you can easily trick. One mistake and you'll blow our cover.''

''I won't blow anything.'' Came the reply. ''You seriously haven't changed a bit have you? You're still as full of yourself as always.''

''It's a gift.'' The taller woman didn't seem to take the other too serious although she was trying.

''Anyway don't worry. From what I've heard Michiru hates Haruka already. She's trying to push your beloved bluff master away, far away from her and her family. I don't think Haruka will be able to con the president. Michiru can be a tough one when it comes to these things.''

''Don't underestimate Haruka. She knows Michiru doesn't like her. Mamoru's company has been investigating the Kaioh family for quite some time now. Haruka knows every little detail.''

The other thought about it for a moment. ''And you think Haruka won't know about our plan?''

''I am sure she's got no clue what's hitting her.'' The taller woman laughed, an amused smile had appeared on her lips.

''Then stop bothering me. Everything will work out. I'll do my part and you do yours. Don't come to me anymore. I don't know you.'' The smaller woman hissed before walking away towards the building.

----

Haruka was now walking through the hall of the Kaioh residence, it was impossible for her to do this alone. 'Too many cameras.' She thought to herself when she noticed yet another camera in the corner of the hall. She needed Makoto here and soon or else her plan would surely fail. ''Ten'oh!'' Suddenly someone yelled causing the blonde to turn around, facing an angered Michiru.

''What was that about?!'' The aqua haired girl hissed, clenching her fist.

''What?'' Haruka asked, not quite understand what this was about.

''During breakfast, you made me look bad in front of my father!'' Michiru spat.

Haruka shrugged, pretending as if it was the most normal thing in the world. ''You started it. No one asked about your opinion and yet you decided to open that cute little mouth of yours anyway.''

''Cute little mouth?'' Michiru repeated angered. ''You're just like all guys! Pervert!''

Haruka blinked a few times before breaking down into fits of laughter. Michiru got even angrier upon seeing this. Was this guy laughing at her? ''You foolish girl!'' The blonde tomboy said when she had calmed down a bit. ''If you think I want you in my bed or something like that you're sadly mistaken. I wouldn't even touch you with a stick. Don't take it personal but I like girls with a human touch, I don't like girls who bark and act like dogs.''

Michiru went wide eyed when she heard that. Never before had she ever been this offended in her life. ''Y-you....you!'' She yelled. She was unable to find the right words. She really couldn't stand him! ''You useless waste of skin!''

The blonde rolled her eyes. ''Blabla, there you go again Michiru. You should stop rambling things..... or atleast try to make sense.''

''Shut up! Or I'll fire you!'' Michiru shouted, he was pushing her too far. Was he enjoying this or something?

''You're officially the queen of blabla.'' Haruka laughed. ''Besides I am your coach, choosen by your father. You can't fire me. If you could you would've done it before.'' If Michiru thought she could fool a bluff master she was sadly mistaken. There was no way a mere girl like Michiru was going to ruin this con for her. She knew she had promised Mamoru to have patience with the girl but after giving it a second thought Haruka figured that this was the best way to work.

To Be Continued...