Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Arrivals ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.


Bluff Master
Chapter Four
- Arrivals -

Later that day went pretty well considering the fact Haruka and Michiru hadn't seen each other after their last fight in the hall. The blonde tomboy sighed heavily before looking up at yet another camera which was directed at the front door. She surely had stolen a lot of money from all kinds of people, she had managed to avoid all security so far but somehow she had the feeling this con was going to be different.

Another sigh escaped her lips before she turned around and opened the door that led to her bedroom. Luckily for her there were no cameras spying on her here. It felt like she was in some kind of reality soap, cameras following her everywhere. Slowly she walked over to her bed and fell down on it, muttering something inaudible. She had to admit that she liked messing around with Michiru but with the smaller girl around she had no time to have a normal conversation with the president.

When the blonde heard a soft knock on her door she sat up again, telling the other to enter. Slowly the door opened, revealing Hotaru who immidiately started to blush again upon seeing the blonde. ''Good afternoon Mr. Ten'oh.'' She whispered. She surely had gotten a better control over her stuttering and shyness.

''Just call me Haruka.'' The tomboy said, looking at the other with a questioning look on her face. This was another one of her problems. She didn't have a second of time to herself. Whenever she thought she had found a place to be alone either Michiru or someone else who worked in the building walked up to her or stayed close around her. This was probably because they didn't trust her that much yet.

''Alright, Haruka.'' Hotaru smiled happily. ''Anyway I was told to get you and escort you to the livingroom.'' She went on. ''Michiru's cousin Ami Mizuno has arrived and she really wants to meet you.''

''Why would she?'' Haruka raised an eyebrow. Maybe Ami knew that Haruka somehow was a good friend of Makoto. Maybe she was even aware of the fact Haruka was a bluff master.

The black haired girl seemed to hesitate for a moment. ''From what I've heard she's interested in singing as well. Maybe she wants you to be her coach as well.''

Haruka nodded, somehow feeling a but better upon hearing this. Unlike any other person in the building Haruka could indeed see Ami as a threat. 'Makoto really knows to pick the wrong chicks.' She thought to herself before getting up. ''Let's go then.''

-----

A tall brunette slowly opened her eyes, looking up at the buiding in front of her. She had been sitting here for a couple of hours now. She had done nothing but stare at the building with an intense look in her eyes. She could already tell that this was going to be a hard con to pull. A smile appeared on her lips. 'Finally some action. My last con will immidiately be the most exciting as well.'

Makoto yawned, her eyes never leaving the building. It was a huge building which already stated enough facts for her. 'A lot of security, cameras and probably a lot of bodyguards, maids and other people to watch out for.' Just when she was about to stand up a car stopped in front of the building causing her to look up. First the driver got out of the car. He was wearing a black tuxedo and although he looked like he was the president himself it was obvious that he was just a simple driver.

He now walked to the other side of the car and opened the door to the passagers seat. She went wide eyed upon seeing a certain bluenette step out of. The blue haired girl seemed troubled but on the other hand she looked calm. Only if you looked closely enough you could spot a hint of worry in her eyes. 'What is she doing here?' Makoto wondered. 'Ami was suppossed to arrive yesterday. It's thursday now.'

''Time for me to go in and check the damage. I wonder if Haruka hasn't messed it up already.'' She said out loud. 'She sounded weird on the phone last night. Something about hating some blabla queen.' Makoto hadn't really understood what her partner had been talking about.

Ami who now followed the driver to the front door stopped all of a sudden and looked up at the brunette who leaned against the tree. Makoto just smiled and waved a bit. The other ignored her, rolled her eyes and continued to walk towards the front door.

''This is going to be one hell of a month.'' The brunette told herself when she noticed the glint in the other's eyes. Ami still hated her.

-------

Haruka was now sitting on the couch. The living room was just as big as the dinning room had been. It was huge enough to fit atleast a hundred people. In front of her sat Michiru. The aqua haired girl was staring out of the window while leaning back on the chair she was sitting on. The blonde just ignored her and took a look around the room. The walls were painted the slightest tint of red while the floor was covered by a black yet blueish looking carpet.

It was a strange composition in the blonde's opinion. ''So,'' She started. Michiru didn't even bother to look up and just continued to stare out of the window as if Haruka wasn't there to begin with. ''What's your cousin like? Ami, I mean.''

''She's smart.'' Came the short reply. ''She'll see through your act as well.''

Haruka laughed slightly. 'No one will see through my act. You haven't yet either Kaioh.' Finally Michiru looked up, raising her eyebrow.

''What's s funny Ten'oh?'' She asked although she couldn't care less about the answer.

''You are.'' The tomboy replied. ''You think you're so smart but in the end you know nothing. Besides I would watch my steps if I were you. Maybe you've forgotten all about it but I am still your vocal coach. I can push you as far as I'd like to.''

''Then I'd let you.'' Michiru shot back. ''You can do whatever you want Ten'oh. I don't care. If you want to push me to my limit, go ahead. In the end I'll just keep going in order to ruin your stupid pay back plan.''

The blonde's smile faded for a second but then it appeared again. ''You're a tough one. I give you that. Let's play a little game.''

''What kind of game.'' Finally Michiru was showing some kind of interest.

''It's called 'temptation'. My friend and I used to play this all the time when we were younger.'' Haruka explained.

''Temptation?'' Michiru repeated.

Haruka nodded. ''You've got to seduce three of the people I point out to you. If you succeed then I'll willingly leave you alone for the rest of your life. If you fail you'll have to do everything I tell you to during my stay here.''

''No way! That's a stupid game! Besides....''

''Are you scared? Now this has to go into the news papers. Headline 'blabla queen is afraid to seduce'.'' Haruka laughed. She knew that if she pushed Michiru this far she would easily get the smaller girl to do everything she wanted her to.

''Fine.'' Michiru hissed. ''Three people. Name them and I'll seduce them.''

A satisfied smile appeared on the blonde's lips. Michiru would probably be able to seduce the first two she had on her list but certainly not the last one. ''Hotaru Tomoe. She'll be easy. Setsuna Meioh, might not work at all. And last but not least.... me.''

''Alright. That's easy but if you.....'' Suddenly Michiru stopped when the blonde's words had finally hit her. ''You?''

''Hey, a deal is a deal. You made it.'' Haruka replied, smirking.

''That's not fair! Besides I already made it clear I am not interested in guys!''

''Then there's nothing to worry about.'' Haruka stated.

Just when Michiru was about to open her mouth again the door suddenly opened, revealing a black haired man who was wearing a tuxedo and a blue haired girl. ''Michi!'' The girl cheered as she run over to the aqua haired girl's side. Michiru stood up as well, greeting the obvious younger girl by pulling her into a hug. ''It's so great to see you again!''

Michiru giggled. ''I am glad you're here. Things are so boring around this place without someone sane to talk to.'' After saying that her eyes fell on Haruka for a couple of seconds, making it clear that she was refering more to Haruka than anyone else. After a few more moments Ami and Michiru finally pulled back.

The blue haired girl was now looking down at Haruka who didn't even take the trouble to stand up or greet the other girl. ''Nice to meet you. My name is Ami Mizuno. Michiru told me a lot about you.''

Michiru blushed upon seeing another one of those annoying smiles appearing on Haruka's lips. ''How nice.'' Haruka said with a sarcastic tone in her voice. ''I bet she told a lot of great things about me. Haruka Ten'oh.'' She finally added as she shook Ami's hand.

''Actually I was really honest with Ami when I told her about you.'' Michiru said. ''She knows how I feel about you.''

''You think I am a waste of skin.'' Haruka said, recalling Michiru's earlier words. ''Really, I don't know how you made that one up but I've got to admit that it's hilarious. Next time you try to offend me try something... mhh, how do I say it? Try something offending of a change. It might help.''

Ami just stood there, looking and listening to the fighting women. She for one knew the truth about Haruka's gender. She had seen the blonde before, walking through town while wearing a pair of jeans with a white shirt on top. The thing was that the shirt she was wearing revealed that she had certain parts a man couldn't have. Until now she hadn't realized she had even noticed the blonde before.

''Oh shut up, you...you...'' Michiru yelled causing Ami to snap out of her thoughts. She was now looking at her raging cousin. Never before had she ever seen Michiru this angry about anything. ''You worthless....''

''Worthless what?'' Haruka wondered out loud, amused by the fact Michiru was unable to think of a proper insult. It was obvious that she wasn't used to having these kinds of arguments at all.

''Nothing.'' Michiru finally said.''You're not worth the trouble.''

''So you agree on what I suggested before?'' The tomboy asked. She ofcourse meant the 'temptation' game. She was really curious about it. Plus, it would be funny to see Michiru trying her best to make a move on her.

''No.'' Michiru hissed.

''What suggestion?'' Ami questioned, knowing she wouldn't get an answer.

''Whimp.'' Haruka replied, leaning back against the leaning of the couch.

''Whatever. I don't care.'' The other replied as she started to walk towards the door. ''Are you coming Ami, let's go to some place quiet.''

Ami just nodded and started to follow her cousin. ''Fine,'' Haruka paused for a moment while trying to make sure she got Michiru's full attention. ''Then I'll just play this game with someone else. I can tell them you were too afraid to. Why are you declining anyway? Never kissed anyone before? Waiting for the one to come along? Or could it be that you're afraid because you know you'll lose.''

''Shut up..'' Michiru turned around, looking at the blonde with an angered look on her face.

''Ok.'' Haruka mused. ''In that case I guess I'll be here for a long, long, long time.''

''FINE!'' The aqua haired girl yelled. ''Hotaru, Setsuna and YOU..... you'd better watch your back. You'll be out of this place before you know it!'' With that said she stormed out of the livingroom, leaving Ami and Haruka behind.

''W-hat was that all about?'' Ami stammered. She still didn't have the slightest idea of what was going on here.

''The blabla queen just lost a bet.'' Haruka replied with a confident smile on her lips.

Ami sweatdropped. Haruka was the first who managed to play with Michiru like this. Never before had Michiru ever lost anything, including her temper. 'Maybe she was right after all. I shouldn't underestimate Haruka.'

-----

Mamoru walked into his office while holding a piece of paper in his hands. On it stood a few codes his two bluff masters would need in order to con the president. Just when he was about to close the door behind him Rei walked in, a worried look crossed her face. ''Mamoru, we've got a problem.''

''And that might be?'' The man asked. He really didn't need to hear something like this right now.

''Our former co-worker is now working as a maid for Kenji Kaioh.'' With that said she threw a file on her boss' desk.

Mamoru blinked a few times before looking down at the file. On top of it lay a picture of a girl he still remembered clearly. She was also known as Haruka ex-girlfriend. If she saw Haruka there it would mean their secret and their whole con was in danger. ''Damn it....''

''I've already informed Makoto.'' Rei went on. ''She said she'd warn Haruka but like Usagi said.... We won't be able to hide Haruka's identity for her much longer. Rumours spred fast. Not to mention it's been in the newspaper already.'' And with that she threw a newspaper on top of the file. -Shakes up around the Kaioh residence' the headline said. ''This article is all about how Michiru's previous coach got fired. It also names a few things that aren't really working in our advance.''

The black haired man shrugged. ''Not good. Not good at all. Not only does this article mention Haruka's name but it also mentions Makoto's.'' He said while pointing at the brunette's name in the article. 'New cook : Makoto Kino.'

Rei nodded. ''Shall we contact our former....'' She was cut off.

''No. Let her be. Haruka and Makoto will be able to handle this. Besides if we interfere and get caught in the act we'll be risking a long time in jail.''

The raven haired girl nodded. ''I'll tell Usagi to write a new script for this con. Before you know it everything's solved again.''

''I hope so.'' Mamoru sighed. He could still remember how Haruka's ex and his co-worker had left this company. It hadn't at all been a peaceful leave.

To Be Continued












< br>













< br>