Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Seduction ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak. I hope you'll like this chapter.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter Five
- Seduction -


Makoto made her way through the hall, sighing heavily. This was certainly going to be a long, long day. Not only did she have to worry about Haruka's ex, Michiru and Ami but also did she have to find enough time to scan the building for cameras and other ways of security. And she had to do all of this within a few days while preparing the president's meals three times a day.

'This wasn't what I had been expecting of my last con. I knew it'd be hard but this is plain ridiculous.' She told herself while she quickened up her pace. She had to be back in the kitchen within fifteen minutes but before that she wanted to warn Haruka first. It would be better if Haruka was fully aware of the fact one of their former bluff masters was working for the president now. 'Why did she trade being a bluff master for a maid in the first place?'

She decided not to ask herself anymore questions to which she didn't knew the answer of anyway. But then, just when she was about to reach for the door knob that led to the stairs someone opened it before she even could, causing both of them to bump into each other. Makoto managed to keep herself from falling to the ground while she could hear the other person fall to the ground with a loud thump.

''I am sorry.'' The brunette quickly said, looking down at the figure on the floor. She went wide eyed upon seeing a blonde girl with an all too familiar red bow in her hair. The girl on the floor seemed just as shocked as Makoto. 'I've heard of coincidence but this is even too unrealistic for me...'

''Makoto.'' The blonde whispered. ''It's been some time...'' With that said she shook off all her questions and shock and slowly started to get up. ''I already figured you would be here as well.''

''Huh?'' Makoto asked, not really understand what was going on here.

''I am blonde, not stupid.'' Minako stated with a smile on her face. She found it rather amusing that she had been able to surprise and somewhat out Makoto by just using a few words. ''It's all over the news. Michiru had some weird affair with her former vocal coach and now that coach has been replaced by a certain Haruka Ten'oh.''

The brunette sighed. Once again she had underestimated Minako. ''So you're not going to turn us in?''

Minako shook her head. ''I don't see why I would. This place is even more secured than a Tokyo's bank. The chance of you getting away with whatever you are planning on stealing is 2.81 per cent.'' Makoto laughed upon hearing this. Minako still hadn't lost her speciality. She used to calculate their chances of succeeding in whatever con possible.

''That's pretty impressive.'' Makoto finally said when she had calmed down a bit. ''I thought this was a zero per cent chance case to be honest. Besides we've done with less than that.''

''So what exactly are you planning on stealing?'' Minako questioned the other, smiling a bit. She didn't like to admit it but she was glad to see the brunette again. It had been quite some time since she had last seen her.

''I can't tell you. If you knew, I'd have to kill you.'' Makoto replied.

Minako giggled. ''So Mamoru has changed his believes and finally allows killing?''

''Yeah kind of. He's giving us weapons ever since you left the agency. It almost went wrong you know. Without your help back then things got out of hand.'' Makoto paused a while, trying to recall the event of a few years ago. ''Haruka got shot. Don't worry, she's fine now.'' She quickly added when she saw the shocked look on the blonde's face. ''Remember, the two of you were posing as a married couple. When you suddenly disappeared the manager thought she might have murdered you.''

The blonde maid nodded. ''I already found him a strange looking man. He was always moving around like some paranoid freak. I am glad she's ok though. I didn't mean to hurt her like that. But when I found her..... found her in bed with someone else I just... snapped. I knew we officially had broken up a few days ago and that she wasn't mine anymore but when I saw her, lying in bed with.....''

''You paniced and felt replaced.'' Makoto finished for the other. She very well knew what the blonde meant. She had been through the very same thing with Ami. The bluenette had broken up with her over this bluff master thing. A few weeks after their break up Makoto caught Ami kissing another woman. She couldn't even describe what she had felt back then.

''Anyway, good luck to both of you.'' Minako said, changing the subject. ''You'll need it. And tell Ruka...no, Haruka.... Tell her I am terribly sorry.''

Makoto nodded before stepping aside for Minako to pass. A few minutes later she also started to walk back to the kitchen. There was no use in warning Haruka about Minako now. The blonde girl wouldn't be a threat anymore.

----

'Curse that damn Ten'oh!' Michiru scolded while pacing around her bedroom. How was she going to seduce Setsuna and Hotaru in gods name. If she would actually go through with it and someone would find out about it...'My father would certainly fire Sets and Hotaru. I can't do that to them.' Haruka was ofcoure another story. She wouldn't mind seeing him being thrown out of this place.

Never before had Michiru ever hated someone this much. She didn't know why she didn't like Haruka though. He wasn't the one who had started this whole thing. It had actually been Michiru who started this little war game of them. She was the one who told Haruka she didn't like him. After that Haruka had just started to act cold and cruel as well.

It didn't matter who started it. She shrugged. She didn't like Haruka and that was final. He had to go! Maybe she could start with seducing Haruka. After that she could 'tempt' the other two. 'Better start with the one who seems to be the hardest one to tempt.' He was a guy after all. And as far as Michiru knew all guys were the same. They could only think of one thing and that was sex.

It wasn't like she was actually going to hop into bed with the blonce vocal coach. All she was going to do was hang around him, talk to him and touch him in a somewhat seducing way. If he would atleast give her the smallest sign of interest it would mean she had won. Right?

She shook her head for a moment when she realized someone had been staring at her for quite some time now. When she looked up she was staring right into Ami's blue eyes. ''Oh hi Ami.'' She said, pretending nothing was the matter.

''Hey.'' The bluenette whispered, looking down at her cousin with a worried look on her face. ''Are you alright?''

''Yeah I am.'' The other replied. ''I was just thinking.''

Ami shrugged, she felt a bit uncomfortable. Although she knew Michiru disliked Haruka with a certain passion she was also fully aware of what else that could mean. Many people started of as enemies but ended up falling in love. If Michiru would fall in love it would mean nothing but bad news. She sighed. ''About Haruka?'' She finally asked, already knowing the answer.

Michiru nodded before she even knew she did. ''I mean no! No!'' She quickly said after that trying her best to hide her blush. In vain ofcourse.

''Nothing to be ashamed of.'' Ami stated. She just hoped Michiru's thoughts didn't involve kissing a certain blonde. Then again Ami wasn't fully aware of wheter Michiru knew if Haruka was a woman or not. ''So what's on your mind?''

''Getting him out of our house.'' Michiru replied truthfully.

'So she doesn't know yet. Maybe there's still hope.' Ami smiled a bit. ''If you dislike him so much then why don't you ask your father to replace 'him'?''

''Because this Ten'oh person was the only male coach left in the area.'' Michiru sighed. ''And he's, according to my father, the only guy in the world who has the guts to insult me as well. My father doesn't care about wheter I like Ten'oh or not. All he cares about is his social status. If anyone finds out his lovely daughter is only interested in women it'll mean the end of his political crap.''

The bluenette nodded. She knew for a fact her uncle was willing to sacrifice everything for his job. That also included Michiru's happiness. ''Then try to give Haruka a fair chance. I am sure 'he' won't mind it either. No one likes to fight all the time even if it seems to be the case. Maybe you'll end up having a lot more in common than your passion for singing and music......''

''I hate singing.'' Michiru interrupted her cousin. ''I want to play the violin but that's something my father doesn't like either. He thinks I'll have a better shot at singing than anything else and since Marina....'' She paused for a moment. She didn't like talking about her sister. After all, she still blamed Marina for her misfortune.

''It wasn't Marina's fault.'' Ami said, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. ''She just did what she liked in life. You shouldn't let your father decide these things for you. If you'd like you can always stay with me for a while.'' Ami smiled. If she took Michiru away from this place and Haruka it would mean that Haruka as a bluff master hadn't anything left to do here. She'd probably get her money and would be sent back to wherever she came from.

''Thanks but....no thanks.'' Michiru whispered, looking down at the ground. ''My father would never let me go anywhere. Certainly not now. You were right with one thing. Maybe I should give Haruka a chance....or maybe I'll just seduce him and make sure he leaves. Either ways I win.'' She smiled.

''Seduce....Haruka?'' Ami raised an eyebrow. ''What did I miss?''

''Don't worry silly. I don't have some kind of twisted interest in him. Haruka and I are playing a game. And even though there are much easier ways I decided to win this stupid game if his.'' Michiru said before standing up from the couch.

''And what are you doing now?''

''I am going to my blabla king and I'll give him exactly what he wants.'' Michiru stated with a wink before walking out of the room, leaving a very confused Ami behind.

-------

''So you're basically saying that Minako is living under the same roof as I am?!'' Haruka yelled in frustration causing Makoto to slightly jump up. ''That's just great. This stupid con isn't going to work like this. Michiru wants to have me out of this place as soon as possible, I don't have a minute to myself, Minako is here as well and now you're telling me that it's impossible to shut off all the cameras at once!''

The brunette sighed, leaning back in the chair she was sitting on. ''That's basically it indeed.'' She finally said. ''Now stop yelling, that isn't going to solve anything. Think of it in a positive way. Finally we'll have a con we can look back at, one to always remember. The first con that ever caused us some problems.''

Haruka slammed her first against the wall. ''Yeah it'll be a nice memory to look back at while being stuck behind bars in a place they call prison!''

''Stop yelling. Last warning or I'll hit you.'' Makoto said. Haruka was really working on her nerves here. ''Weren't you saying that the fact Michiru hated you was a good thing? Didn't you say that you liked making her life a living hell.''

''YES!'' The blonde yelled in frustration. ''But that was until I found out that there's not a freaking single thing going right here!''

''Calm down!'' Makoto yelled, jumping up from her seat. ''Next time you decide to raise your voice I'll seriously smack you.''

''Whatever....'' With that Haruka fell down on her bed, hiding her face in her hands. ''So,'' She started after a few seconds, looking right into Makoto's eyes. ''Do you think we'll be able to pull this off or what?''

Makoto shrugged. ''We'll never know unless we give it a fair shot.''

''Give what a fair shot?'' Suddenly a third voice asked, causing both women to look at the door. In front of them stood Michiru, a questioning look was plastered on her face causing both to wonder how much she had actually heard. ''Do the two of you already know each other?''

Haruka smirked, trying to find the right words to say. Makoto was one step ahead of her. ''I've met Haruka a few days ago when I was out shopping. He helped me out with my groceries and we did some talking. As for giving something a fair shot... I was talking about Haruka. Our beloved Ten'oh here is in love and needs to ask some girl out.''

'Thanks a lot, now I sound like a pathetic loser who is too afraid to ask someone out.' Haruka cursed while faking one of those 'don't listen to her' smiles. Michiru just nodded, pretending to believe it. Somehow she knew the brunette was lying.

''Anyway,'' Makoto went on. ''I am Makoto Kino. The new cook here.''

''Nice to meet you.'' Michiru said, extending a hand. ''I am Michiru Kaioh. Haruka's victim.''

Makoto laughed slightly while shaking the smaller girl's hand. 'She's cute. I bet Ten'oh can't wait to get her hands on her. IF she ever decides to be nice for once.' ''Anyway I should get going now. I think still have some....thingies in the oven.'' With that said she quickly stormed out of the room, leaving the two women alone. Maybe Michiru was able to cheer Haruka up somehow.

''So,'' Michiru paused for a moment. Slowly she made her way to the couch and sat down next to Haruka. ''You're in love, who's the lucky girl?''

Haruka blinked a few times. ''Are you actually trying to have a normal conversation with me?''

''Are you actually changing the subject here?'' Michiru wondered out loud, smiling.

''Could be,'' Haruka sat back against the couch. ''And it doesn't matter who the girl is I like.'' 'How the hell am I going to bullshit my way out of this one? Thanks Makoto!'

''Don't be shy. And to answer your question, I am indeed trying to have a conversation here so work with me.'' At first Haruka couldn't quite see the link until she recalled earlier that day. Michiru was making a move on her because of that 'temptation' game she suggested.

''You want me gone that badly?'' Haruka asked, pretending to be hurt. She really didn't feel like talking to the aqua haired girl right now. There were too many things bothering her right now. She couldn't use a certain Michiru to make it worse.

''I don't know what you're talking about.'' Michiru said, pretending to have no idea of what the other meant. Ofcourse she had noticed Haruka's strange behaviour as well. She simply hadn't gathered enough courage yet to ask the blonde tomboy about it. Maybe something was really bothering Haruka. ''A-are you alright?'' She finally asked.

The blonde shrugged. ''Is it that obvious?'' Michiru just nodded when she noticed that Haruka was far from in the mood of playing games.

''Is it that girl you like? Is she giving you a hard time?'' The aqua haired girl asked causing Haruka to laugh slightly.

''Don't mind Makoto. There's no special girl. Right now I just have a few personal problems.'' With that said she turned her attention on the girl who sat beside her. ''Seeing as you came to my room by yourself....is there anything I can help you with.''

Michiru blushed. She had totally forgotten what she had come here for in the first place. ''Well actually I came her to tell you I won't play that 'temptation' came with you. Ami and I talked earlier and she had some good points. Well actually at first I came here to... I just...'' Why was it so hard to find the right words all of a sudden? She couldn't quite explain it but whenever she looked into the blonde's emarald eyes she couldn't stop herself from being at a loss of words.

Whenever Haruka looked at her Michiru simply couldn't find the right words to say. She hadn't realised it before since all their conversations included a lot of yelling and swearing but this time was different. ''I know you play the piano.'' Michiru said instead of what she wanted to say. She really had come here to play that stupid game of Haruka but right now that didn't seem to be the matter anymore.

''So you read my personal file.'' Haruka whispered, smiling a bit. ''Impressive. You've just proved that you care much more about me than you're letting on.''

Michiru giggled. ''That was before I met you. Anyway I was wondering..... I mean you're my coach and if you'd take me to....well he wouldn't mind if you....'' There it was again. That feeling, that moment in time where she was unable to finish her sentences properly.

''You're cute when you blush.'' Haruka commented. ''Now, what is it you exactly want from me?''

''I've secretly been playing and auditioning for a part in some sort of band behind my father's back. Last week I recieved a letter than I can come back again for the final cut. I think I have a good chance of making it but you see, there's one little problem... It's on a saturday night and usually my father is home at such times and...''

''You want me to come along and to pretend we're going on a date?''

Michiru's blush grew deeper. ''Yes.'' She finally admitted.

''On one condition.'' Haruka paused for a moment causing Michiru to look up again with a questioning look on her face. ''From now on you'll have to be nice. Listen to what I say and.....''

''And?'' Michiru asked, feeling curious somehow.

''Give me a kiss at the end of our 'date'.'' Haruka finished, closing her eyes for a moment while awaiting the outburst of the girl next to her. Much to her surprise it never came.

''Alright then.'' Michiru whispered while smiling. ''I guess I can do that seeing as what you'll be doing for me.''

''All I am doing is lying to your father.'' Haruka said. After all, lying was something she had been doing for years now. It had become part of her life as well as her carreer.

''Oh really?'' Michiru giggled. ''Probably you didn't listen. Oh that's right...you cut me off before I could inform you. Why do you think I mentioned the piano thing?''

The blonde coach raised another eyebrow. ''Because you needed an opening?''

''Nope,'' Michiru shook her head. ''Because I need a partner who plays the piano for a particular song I picked.''

''I feared as much.'' The other replied. There was no way she could back out of this one anymore, the deal had already been made.

To Be Continued...