Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ In The End ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Epilogue
- In the End -

Haruka took a deep breath. She had wasted too much time at the farm with Ami. It was already getting dark outside and her headache had increased once again. She was fully aware of the fact it wouldn't be long until she would be out again. She now gazed up at the mansion in front of her. Luckily she had made it to this place in one piece. Ami had decided to stay at the farm. After Haruka attacked her she really didn't feel like being around the obviously pissed blonde.

''Good evening.'' Someone greeted her causing Haruka to turn around. She was now facing no one less than the president himself. She managed to fake a smile. ''How are you feeling?'' He sounded concerned, almost making Haruka feel guilty about conning the man. ''The docter said you had to rest. You should go back to bed.''

The tomboy nodded as she faked a yawn. ''Will do that sir.'' She replied. ''I'm tired anyway.''

''Alright then. Good night.'' The president said. Just when Haruka turned around he went on. ''By the way, have you seen Michiru today?''

Haruka's heart skipped a beat. ''Uhm, no sir.'' She lied. She certainly wasn't going to tell him she got kipnapped. ''Sorry.'' And without saying anything else she quickly started to wander off back into the building. She had to find the entrance to the basement. Not only did she want to save Michiru but she also wanted to know who had the guts to trap and trick her like this.

Slowly she made her way through the halls, trying to avoid as much people as possible, including Minako. She really liked the blonde but Minako was just going to ask too many questions and stand in her way. She always did that when Haruka simply wanted to be alone.

After walking around a bit Haruka stopped and turned to face one of the waiters. ''Excuse me, but can you tell me where the basement is over here? I, uh...'' She paused for a moment. ''Promised the president to get him some wine.'' She hoped they kept wine in that basement or else she was screwed. Much to her relieve the man smiled and nodded. He obviously wasn't from around here nor did he speak any japanese.

He simply pointed at a black painted door at the end of the hall. Haruka thanked him before walking towards her door. Her heart had started to beat faster and faster. She had no idea what to expect next. Deciding she didn't want to wait to find out she opened the door only to find a long stairs that seemed to lead him further into the cold basement.

Without any sign of hesitation she started to walk down the stairs although she had some trouble with her vision. ''A tumor...'' She hissed to herself. With that she put one hand on her back and took her gun out of her belt. Whoever had tried to mess with her would die today. No one touched her girl. 'Wait...' Haruka went wide eyed. 'My girl?'

When she came near the end of the stairs she shrugged the thought off. There was no time for this now. Michiru had been a mistake. There was nothing more going on between the two of them.

It was dark and cold in the basement and although Haruka couldn't see a thing she could feel eyes on hers. If she listened well she could even hear soft breathing. She tried to find a switch but in vain. Instead of continuing to find one she just tightened her grip around her gun, pointing it at the wall person she knew stood in front of her.

''No need for guns.'' A voice said. In shock Haruka even managed to drop her gun. She knew that voice all too well but, that was impossible. Wasn't it? Suddenly the lights switched on, revealing her attacker.

In front of her stood Rei and Usagi, both smiling.

''Oh fuck, no.'' Haruka managed to say. She wasn't even going to bother to pick her gun up from the ground. ''What the fuck is going on here?'' This was too much for even her.

''Have you got our money?'' Rei asked, looking down at Haruka's empty hands.

''Does it look like I have it with me?'' Haruka wondered out loud, still not understanding what was going on here. ''I was planning on killing whoever my attacker was. But this, this I hadn't been expecting.''

''Aren't you even going to wonder about Michiru's whereabouts?'' Usagi asked, taking Rei's hand in her own.

Haruka looked around the room through the corner of her eyes. ''Well, she isn't here. That's for sure. Where is she?''

''You still haven't realised, have you?'' Usagi giggled.

''Realised what?'' Haruka seriously had no idea what they were talking about.

''You're a bluff master, Ruka.'' Rei stated. ''You should know better.''

After blinking a couple of times Haruka took a deep breath. ''Really, I have no idea what you are talking about. I guess this whole kipnap was fake as well. Who else besides the two of you and Ami are behind this? Michiru, the president?''

Both girls shook their head. ''Michiru is really kipnapped for as far as she's concerned. The president has no idea either...''

Before Rei could continue Haruka had cut her off. ''Makoto.''

Usagi smiled but didn't reply to anything. She and Rei just stood there, enjoying the look on Haruka's face.

''So this all...'' Haruka hesitated for a moment. Her head hurt and she she had no idea what to think of all of this right now. Until now she thought she had known all answers but right now she couldn't think of anything. ''This was all just a bluff..... The kipnap, the money...''

''Go to your room.'' Rei whispered, walking up to the tomboy. When they were face to face she bend down and took Haruka's gun in her hands. With that she stood up again, putting the gun in the pocket of the purse she had been holding. She always had that purse close to her. Probably because everything she loved and was important was in it. Her ID, gun, mini computer and credit cards. Almost everything you could think of.

''My room?'' Haruka repeated.

Usagi and Rei both nodded. ''You'll find your answers there.''

''And Makoto?'' Haruka wanted to know.

''Her too.'' Usagi said before Rei could answer.

Haruka just shook her head and turned around. Usually it wasn't her thing to listen to people who had fooled her and betrayed her trust but right now not even she knew what to believe anymore. ''I've had it up to here with Tokyo...'' She hissed as she started to make her way up again.

It took her quite awhile before she finally reached the door again. She had taken the time since her headache hadn't done anything but increase. She feared she would fall off the stairs or something. Dying usually wasn't something she was scared of but right now finding an answer to all her questions were enough of a reason to start fearing the worst.

Ten more minutes later she finally reached her room. Quickly she reached for the door handle but didn't open the door just yet. What could she expect next? Mamoru and Makoto, both standing there, laughing at her?

'One way to find out.' She thought before opening the door to her room. What she saw there managed to somehow surprise her even after everything that had happened today.

On the bed sat Michiru, holding a bottle of water. Next to her, against the wall, stood Makoto. The brunette didn't do anything but stare at Haruka while smiling brightly. ''That took you long enough.''

Michiru looked up as well. ''Haruka!'' She exclaimed.

''Makoto...'' Haruka was now staring at her partner with a questioning look on her face. ''What does all of this mean?''

''There's no con, Ruka.'' Makoto said. ''At least not when it comes down to the president's money. He's not going to donate any money to any charity. You were the con all the time.''

''No con...'' Haruka repeated. ''What the...'' She now gazed down at Michiru who looked just as confused as Haruka. Yet, there was a hint of pain in her eyes. Haruka couldn't blame her. She had betrayed her trust after all by lying about, everything.

Makoto shrugged, walked over to Haruka and stopped right in front of here. ''Here...'' She said, holding up a closed hand. It was obvious she wanted to give Haruka something.

The blonde tomboy hesitated for a moment before accepting whatever Makoto had just given her. Slowly she looked down to her hand. In it lay a small, white pill. ''What's this?''

''That Haruka,'' Makoto paused for a moment. ''Is your tumor.''

Haruka just stood there. A wave of relieve washed over here. So this meant she wasn't sick at all? Her headache and dizzy spells were just caused but this tiny pill? ''You mean...''

''Yeah.'' Makoto smiled. ''I conned you for once. You were never sick.''

''And you...''

''Never really kipnapped Michiru. Well, at first I did but as you can see... she's fine.'' With that Makoto pointed at the girl on the bed.

Even Haruka managed to smile a bit. There was still one question haunting her though. ''Why?''

''Because,'' A blush appeared on Makoto's cheeks. ''Because I wanted to take you with me. Stop being who we are and start living a normal life. I have Ami, had Ami and you have Michiru. Don't make the mistake I did.''

''You knew I was going to fall for Michiru even before I met her?!'' Haruka yelped in shock, realising what she had just said too late.

She could hear Michiru giggle a bit. ''Just a mistake, ne?'' She mused.

Now it was Haruka's turn to blush. ''Well I've got to admit that I'm surprised. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing though. You know me too well. That's for sure.''

''Maybe. But it was worth it.''

Haruka rolled her eyes. At this point she could just strangle her partner. ''You made me think I was going to die!''

Makoto giggled. ''Exactly. Who's the bluff master now?''

''No comment.'' Haruka stated, turning around to face Michiru. ''As for you...''

''Don't say anything.'' The aqua haired girl cut her off, standing up. ''Right now I don't know whether I like you or dislike you. You lied to me. You betrayed my trust.''

''I know and I'm sor....'' Once again Michiru cut her off, this time by slapping the blonde bluff master across her cheek. Even Makoto jumped a bit at the sound of it. ''I guess I deserved that one.'' Haruka sighed, ignoring the burning feeling on her cheek.

A small smile appeared on Michiru's lips as she slapped Haruka again.

''And that was because?'' Haruka hissed.

''Because I felt like doing it. You deserved it anyway.'' Came the reply.

''Alright then.''

''So,'' Suddenly a voice from behind the started causing the both to turn around and look at Makoto. ''Haruka, are you going to retire with me?''

The tomboy shrugged, looking down at Michiru. ''Depends on it. Are you willing to forgive me and stay with me even though I've been such a....''

''Bitch, annoying person, cruel lying bastard?'' Michiru asked, blinking innocently.

''I was going to say something else but.... alright.'' Haruka sweatdropped.

''I wouldn't want to be with anyone else.'' Michiru whispered, placing a small kiss on her girlfriend's cheek.

Haruka looked up at Makoto again. ''I guess, yes. I'm going to retire as well.''

Makoto couldn't help it but smile upon hearing that. ''Then all of this wasn't in vain after all.''

''I can't believe you did it though.'' Haruka admitted. ''All this trouble just to get me to not repeat your mistakes.''

''Hey at least it worked out for you. I still don't have a chick. Oh and just one more surprise left...'' Makoto paused for a moment, pointing at the closet.

''Oh no... I don't think I can handle any more surprised today. I'm going to blame you if I really get a tumor after today.'' With that focussed on the closet which suddenly was swung open, revealing four people. Mamoru, Setsuna, Minako and Ami.

The door to the room opened as well. This time Usagi, Rei and even Hotaru walked into the room. All of the smiling as Hotaru held a cake in her hands. ''Wise decision Tenoh, wise decision.'' Mamory stated although he was clearly sad about losing two of his best con masters.

''Congratulations, Ruka!'' Minako cheered, running up to Haruka and jumping into the taller woman's arms in the progress. ''I'm so glad you finally got over me!''

Everyone sweatdropped but decided to keep their mouths shut. Somehow Minako always managed to turn thing around and make it all about her. Michiru clenched her fists though. ''Ex?'' She asked.

''Hehe, not now, love. Not now.'' Haruka whispered, trying to desperately push Minako off of her. In vain ofcourse. Sometimes Minako's strenght could even surprise her. She just focussed on Hotaru. ''You were involved as well?''

Hotaru shook her head. ''Not until a few minutes ago. Minako managed to slip a few things by accident. I did make this cake though.''

Everyone started to laugh upon hearing this. In the end things had ended exactly as planned. Haruka still wasn't sure if she was happy with that though.

------

Two Months Later

Makoto put her arm around her fiancée. After all she had won Ami's heart once again. About a month later she had asked the bluenette to marry her and much to Makoto's surprise she had said yes. ''So what are you going to do now?'' Today at officially been their last day in Tokyo.

Michiru smiled while putting her arms around Haruka. ''Ruka's going to take me on a cruise.''

''Nice.'' Setsuna stated. ''Not such a surprise though. According to Ami you're pretty rich.''

''Only the best for my girlfriend. How else am I going to spoil her?'' Haruka joked, winking at the green haired woman. ''Jealous, Sets?''

''Not at all. I never liked the sea anyway.''

Minako giggled. ''Setsuna is going to do something exciting and new though.'' Everyone looked at her with questioning looks on their faces. ''She moving to another office.''

''You're going to work for Mamoru again?'' Makoto wondered out loud.

Setsuna nodded. ''So is Minako. After all, now you and Haruka are gone I figured Mamoru could use some help.''

''Women.'' Mamoru muttered. ''As if I can't do without you.''

''Watch it Chiba.'' Rei laughed. Like always she was holding Usagi's hand in her own. ''You can't do without us after all.''

''In what way? You're all gay!'' Mamoru said, pretending to be frustrated. ''Haruka has Michiru. Makoto has Ami. You've got Usagi and I'm pretty sure that Minako is screwing Setsuna behind our backs as well.''

''Excuse me?!'' Setsuna exclaimed, blushing a bit.

''A great take on how Mamoru thinks about his coworkers.'' Ami giggled.

''You don't know half of it...'' Mamoru smirked.

All the girls just stood there, blinking in confusion before turning red. ''Pervert.''

When Mamoru also realized what that had sound like he turned red as well. ''I d-didn't mean....''

Haruka just stared at the scene and smiled happily. With that she put an arm around her girlfriend and pulled her closer. Even though she was not longer a Bluff Master she knew her life would still bring a lot of adventure and mystery. And to be honest, she wouldn't want it any other way.

The End